Wrath of the Dragonkin

Started by Lady Jenn, April 12, 2016, 04:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

The world is wild and barely controlled. Ouside of a handful of large settlements humanity live in small pockets of civilization. One of the settlements is the fortress city of Tarnegar, but although it appears safe from outside threat the real danger of the city lies within.

It is ruled by a tyrant, King Myraz, who has ruled for longer than any of his subjects have lived. His unnatural lifespan stems from a dragonkin artefact, stolen a century and a half before from the king of Dragonblight himself, Stormrider. With the power the king wields it seems none can oppose him.

There are a handful intent on stopping Myraz however. Your father believes, if Stormrider could be contacted, that he may aid you in retrieving the artefact and defeating Myraz once and for all. The journey is treacherous but Myraz's men are preparing to move against your father.

The greatest adventure of your life lies ahead, but with miles of hostile country between you and Dragonblight can you live long enough to seek the aid of a race that hates humans?

This is a fantasy world, full of elves, orcs, dragons etc. but your character is human. I have no preference as to whether your character is male or female (only restriction is they have to be related to the character the RP starts with).

tangela

Have you already found a partner for this/are you still interested in running this? If so, do you want it to be a 1x1 or group rp? I am definitely curious about this plot.
"There is no justice in the laws of Nature, Headmaster, no term for fairness in the equations of motion. The universe is neither evil, nor good, it simply does not care. The stars don't care, or the Sun, or the sky. But they don't have to! We care! There is light in the world, and it is us!"

Lady Jenn

I'm still looking, I'm happy to do either way tbh, the more the merrier though

tangela

Well, let's see if other people express interest, because I don't want to be the first character, but if no one does soon, I'll do it anyway.
"There is no justice in the laws of Nature, Headmaster, no term for fairness in the equations of motion. The universe is neither evil, nor good, it simply does not care. The stars don't care, or the Sun, or the sky. But they don't have to! We care! There is light in the world, and it is us!"

Lady Jenn

tangela

Lady Jenn

I'm going away Thursday to Sunday so could always wait till sunday

tangela

Works for me! If no one has sent in a character application by that time, I'll paste in one.

Lady Jenn

cool :) not started the RP yet so might hold off on forming the RP until I know how many are involved, if you don't mind I mean

tangela

Of course not! Just keep me updated on your plans, and we'll figure it out.

EloquentWizard

A journey of such importance mustn't be left to one. I think this would work really well as a group RP. I would be interested. Let me know :) BTW nice setting.
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

Thanks, you'd be more than welcome :) this is definitely not kiddy fantasy, this is intended to be quite dark fantasy (in case the synopsis didn't get that across lol)

EloquentWizard

Every story has it's darkness, and I think the story is setup for quite a bit of it. I have just started running a darker fantasy with my friend and am liking it so...
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

I suppose when you have to go find a creature who hates humans to persuade him to help you stop a mass-murderer it's not likely to be a comedy lol

EloquentWizard

No, the story is made to be epic :P
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

nevermind the fact this isn't Lord of The Rings, so there's no readymade alliance to call up and ask for help XD

EloquentWizard

That's even better. We can forge our own alliances... This ought to be a challenge :P
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

There are of course elves cos...well, you can't have a fantasy stories without elves (or occasionally fairies of course lol)

EloquentWizard

What all races have you settled on?
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

There are Humans, Orcs, Elves, Dwarves, Dragons (bet that shocks you XD) and also the Sidhe, who are similar to Elves but not quite...if that makes sense?

EloquentWizard

So, are you waiting till Sunday as you mentioned in the previous conversations?
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

may as well just to see if more will appear, plus leaving tomorrow so would rather not start the story then have to put it on hold lol

EloquentWizard

Sure, more the merrier. I will be checking in frequently for any updates.
The unseen storm

Available for RP

tangela

If I'm remembering correctly, you said only human pc's, though, right?

Lady Jenn

That's correct, otherwise you'd have to wait to join in lol