Looking for a DM for a D&D 3.5 or 5e game.

Started by Blinkin, March 10, 2018, 07:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

Well, how to put this... I have two characters that I would really love to play again. One is a 5e rogue that I used in a table top game that fell apart due to a power-player trying to kill off his PC's own party. The character was 4th level, but I don't have any problem adjusting the level downward by any means.

Hugh Mann's Bio (D&D 5e)

Named for his maternal grandfather, Hugh Mann really, really hates his name. The son of farmers near the small town of Peddler's Gap, situated near one of the lesser used trade routes, Hugh was sent to work for the town’s tavern as a scullery boy at the age of 14. Hugh was quickly smitten by the tavern owner’s daughter, Lyra, a 16 year old beauty who treated him more as a bothersome brother than anything else, it didn't slow down his attempts to catch her attention with... perhaps not the best of decisions in his pursuit and ended up making a fool of himself more often than not. So, the perhaps too enthusiastic suiter, while never fully giving up on his  first love, became something of a romeo among some of the other girls of the community and earned himself a bit of a reputation for determined efforts and the humor of all.

Always a little light in the fingers, Hugh developed a knack for getting into things that he shouldn’t of, and a curiosity that many might say was more unhealthy for him than the girls that he seemed to constantly flirt with; but he was never known for being particularly wise to begin with; but he always managed to avoid the worst of the trouble his... antics created.

In his 16th year, a band of raiders wearing a seal of a black sun pierced by a sword attacked the town and killed all but the women and children; which they took with them to be sold as slaves. Anyone who resisted was put down and Hugh, trapped between two buildings, found himself facing a trained and motivated raider. While he managed to score a blow, he was cut down with a slice that almost missed and was left for dead while the town was sacked. When he regained consciousness, the town was all but emptied; except for a few teens that had managed to escape the slaughter. With his inexperienced and what little that they could gather, they began to, somehow, in a thoroughly disorganized and non-sensical manner, rescue their kin. Even after all of this, his pursuit of his Lara was still strong and... ill advised.

During an attempted con, where Hugh managed to forge a letter of credit from the local baron,he and his friends were separated and Hugh continues the search alone, hoping to find new companions to somehow, finish his quest... The letter of credit was so good, he managed to begin his career as a real rogue and scoundrel.

The other was part of a 3.5 campaign here on E some years ago and again, I would love to play her again. She's a multi-classed SwaSwashbuckler/Rogue and was, at the end of the game level  4th rogue, 5th Swashbuckler. Again, I would have no problem adjusting the level(s) to fit whatever level that the GM wanted to use.

Wren DeMarco's Bio (D&D 3.5)

Physical Description:
Wren can only be described as a striking, vivacious young woman with thick, curly hair the color of aged brandy and eyes the shade of moss. A heart shaped face with full lips and a straight, slightly upturned nose and well defined chin, she is an eye catcher wherever she goes. With a figure that flows from generous breast into a slender waist before flairing out into well rounded hips and tight ass, her long, lean legs gives her an unconscious grace that might catch the attention of a stick that had been dead 3 days. Her normal tendency is to dress to accentuate her figure in light colored tunics under a dark blue jacket, form fitting leather breaches and knee high turned down boots; a belt with a rapier on the right and a main gauche on the left rides low on her hips.

Personality:
Wren is a fun-loving woman who tries to live each day as if it were her last. Light hearted and outgoing, she firmly believes that if you waste one day, you may not have another and if Tymora didn’t intend you to enjoy life, she wouldn’t of given you one to live.  Easy going under most circumstances and unafraid to show her flirtatious, hungry side, she none the less has a temper that many walk carefully around. If you’re a friend, you’re a friend for life… if you’re an enemy… well, enjoy what life you have left and carry around those two coppers for the boat ride.

Background:
Wren was born and raised in Waterdeep, and the child of a sailor who plied the Sword Coast from the day he was 13 to the day he died to pirates. Her fondest memories of him were of the highly celebrated returns and the stories that he often told her at bedtime of the wonders and adventures that he had while on the high seas. So, it was natural that when Wren came of age that she would want to follow in those footsteps and make her own way; her own name on the water.

Things were difficult starting out, afterall, having a woman on ship wasn't the usual thing to do and some considered it bad luck... but whenever Wren sailed, things went well and the voyages proved uncannily lucky, so when she was 17, she placed her faith in Tymora's luck and never looked back. Although far from a perfect worshiper, she believes that she honored the Goddess by placing her life at Tymora’s hands over and over as the years went by and the times that she spent on shore  began to show her a different way of life. Taking odd jobs in Waterdeep during the winter, she developed a fair repore with the town guard, who had become aware of her less acceptible nocturnal activities... hey, sometimes, you had to put food on the table in unusual ways... but since they never caught her, they tended to overlook her mischief. In time, it became more a factor that she spent more time on land than the sea, but the water was in her heart and she would always return to it eventually, if not for just a single sail a season. But pay can be a fickle thing with ships and coin from the city guard a fairly predictible stabilizing facet...

So, if there's a GM out there interested in running a game, I would love to see if there's a party to have fun with.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Illven