[Interest Check] Epic Roma [Possibly NC - Accepting any nation now. Max'em out!]

Started by Dark Deception, September 24, 2010, 11:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teridas

Sorry for the double post but Christa and I have agreed to be partners for our characters. (Air-Mountain)
I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.  I aim with my eye.

I do not shoot with my hand;  He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.  I shoot with my mind.

I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.  I kill with my heart.

Isengrad

hey, teridas sent me this thread, I think and Earth Male would be a good choice, unless you already have one in the making I think I will make that.. please let me know if you do. Earth and Fire are my elements of choice usually, and trust me.. when one can be as unmovable as the mountain that is a great strength.

original artwork by karabiner

Teridas

About time! I was just about to start making an Earth male to be honest but I'll leave it to you and see what needs to be filled.
I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.  I aim with my eye.

I do not shoot with my hand;  He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.  I shoot with my mind.

I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.  I kill with my heart.

Isengrad

hey its been busy. had my sister, greg and my niece all over this past weekend.. didn't have much time to actually check on things

Teridas

Yeah and I have finals, a project, and two weddings to go to this week.  :P

Glad to see you join though.

Isengrad

youll do fine in the classes don't worry.. and cool about the weddings.. try to have fun at those.

Dark Deception

I'm going to make a Grassland since there are so many grassland haters when they rock v_v

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

Teridas

I'd make one but since I already have an Air-Mountain and with the blessing process I figured it might conflict with my other character.  :-\
Total respect for the Grassland people *throws gang sign*  XD

Clio

The grassland just didn't seem to mesh with my personality well, but that doesn't mean I'm a hater! It's just the least appealing to me personally.

Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Dark Deception

Quote from: Samael Grimaldi on September 28, 2010, 05:17:39 PM
Name: Abaddon Sheol

Nickname: Forsaken

Height: 6’3

Weight: 220 lbs

Eye Color: Blue

Hair Color: Black

Complexion: Bronze skin (They don't have bronze or dark skin tones at all. They are pale like the Water peoples.)

Race: Mountain-Air

Personality/History:
Abaddon is considered by many of his fellow villagers to be a cold blooded loner; after the death of his parents at a young age he reverted into the military training that his father had instilled and separated himself from the community. He spends little of his time in the company of others, many assume he lacks social skills, but rather he simply chooses to be alone to hone his skills and live free.

His pride is his greatest weakness. His calm and calculated mannerisms make him a skilled strategist; however, it makes him appear unsympathetic and ruthless to those that know him. Many of these traits are only skin deep; he has a unspoken appreciation for all forms of beauty which is made apparent by the poetry he quotes when no one is within earshot; all aspects of life and death speak to his senses. He does his best to hide this, for he has an issue with trusting people from the many years he has spent in solitude.

Dislikes:
The list is a long one, it’s best not to focus on that part.

Weaponry: He favors close combat over all else, adapting his graceful skill, and deadly precision to the customized sickles that were passed on to him by his Father, who was a decorated soldier and master blacksmith. He likes to use his magic in combination with his close combat style, but always leans toward his brute strength and keen reflexes. (You need to explain your characters sickle weapons. Don't just say they're customized and that is that. How are they customized and if they do anything special, that needs to be stated as well.)

Dark Deception

I don't think Venom will be making an earth any time soon like she said she would so...yeah Earth has no players at the moment.

Sam: They live in the mountains where it's cold. No.

Isengrad

alright, looking for a good picture for inspiration and then ill pill it all out.

Clio

I was holding off on earth because I thought Venom was making one, but if that doesn't have any females...then maybe I should choose that over water. Ack! Decisions...decisions...

Dark Deception

Now if I can get 4 people per nation, then I can go on ahead to making the nation threads. Because right now, Mountain has a lot of people.

Clio

What happened to the profile for the most recent mountain male? Did he delete it?

Isengrad

everyone loves lightning, you know this.. come on, every time they attack they can just hear it in their head "zap yo dumb ass"

Dark Deception

I don't know lol. He could have quit because his char couldn't have bronze skin. I thought he was one of you girls' friends.

Clio

Yeah...I think he was ADC's. I'm bringing in a guy, but he hasn't posted yet...if he still wants to be in it.

Isengrad

hmmm, A small question.. what minerals do the earth control extend to, I remember talking to teridas about an earth element user before. we had a cool idea of wearing clothing or jewelry studded with strong mineral or other forms of "Earth" up to and including diamonds. using these as seeders he could manipulate and form armor or very strong edged weapons... .. now as i can see this as potentially game breaking I would like to run it by you before i develop my RPC.. want to find a little more about the extent of the earth nations power.

Clio

Question...sorry to be a double curious, but if the powers aren't listed by you, does that mean that they aren't possible, or would each person have individual powers based on their race and skill level? For example...would my character be able to produce clouds or rain, since Mountain people can have powers to do with storms and such? Possibly even small cyclones?

Dark Deception

You guys are thinking too hard on this concept. What is there, is there, and that's all they can do. Lightning is all a mountain person can use and they have the ability to summon storms but only for strengthening their element. No, earth people can only use their earth powers in the way it says they can. If you guys start going too deep on the concept, then the game is going to be too complicated and it won't be fun anymore.

Clio

Sorry...I believe that was my first question.

Dark Deception, if this post isn't alright with you, let me know.

Here is some art that I found as I was searching for my character, and I figured some of them might prove useful. Anyone can use any of them, as far as I'm concerned, but I'll categorize them into what I see them as...even though your opinion may differ. If they have titles and artists, then I'll put those down with the artist in brackets, but if not...I'll just number or title them myself.

Earth:
Autumn [Jonathan Earl Bowser]
Eyes of Autumn [Larry Elmore]
Sacred Pool [Larry Elmore]

Fire:
The Bleed [Jason Engle]
Vulcania [Francois Deschenes]

Grassland Air:
Alrelean [Clyde Caldwell]
Waterfall [Robert Campus]

Mountain Air:
1900 [Jonathan Earl Bowser]
Angel
Apparition [Todd F. Jerde]
Beck [Jonathan Earl Bowser]
Earth, Autumn, Winter [Jonathan Earl Bowser]
Goddess [Robert Campus]
The Guardian [Carol Heyer]
Power [Clyde Caldwell]
Redheaded Angel
Water:
Cascade [Jonathan Earl Bowser]

I'll be adding more as I find them.

Dark Deception

It's so hard to find male pics. Reason why I was forced to draw v_v. I may be forced to draw again. You also don't have to apologize, I was just letting you guys know the danger of making a game that isn't meant to be indepth or complicated exactly that. I know for a fact if I had made this game that complex, no one would want to read it or join. Somehow people read my Gunslinger RP lol and joined that, but this RP idk. Everyone seems to be in the exam period and I think activity has become less lately. Or maybe everyone are already involved in story lines that are keeping them busy. Who knows?

Tackyhillbilly

Name: Galton
Nickname: None
Height: 6’2
Weight: 170
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Black
Complexion: Tan
Race: Air- Grasslands
Personality: Sharp witted, bright. Galton is a fellow with ideas. He’s a man who will not accept the limitations that have been put upon him. He can Airsurf, but he dreams of flight. His people are herders, he wants them to be kings. He’s a fellow with huge dreams, and the ambition needed to bring them about. On the other hand, he lacks focus. He’s always picking one thing up, and setting down another. If he will ever find something to focus him is a good question.

When it comes to fighting, he views it as an occasional necessity. Honor, dignity, these aren’t real concerns for him. Winning is what matters. He’s a fair Wind Surfer, and a crack shot with the Sling-Staff he carries with him. Some people choose to make fun of him for using the weapon, believing it for children. Those people have a bad habit of getting shown what kind of damage a goose egg sized rock can do to even heavy armor.
Likes: Wind-Surfing, beautiful women, playing the Flute, and dreaming of flight
Dislikes: Being restrained, being bored, people mocking him for his instrument or his weapon, people looking down on him, and those of the Fire Lands
History: Galton is the son of Shepherd, and as poor as dirt, if not quite as hopeless. His Father, and his father, and his father, and all the way back have made their lives as wanderers, in a small community. Most believe that he will lose his damn fool ideas, and settle down with some nice girl. He’s a smart fellow, and good shot with his Sling-Staff. Galton wants to see the world, and make something of himself. Of course, there is no way that will happen, eh?
Weapons: Staff-Sling. A large Staff, of deep nut brown wood, with a tough strip of leather at the end. It can be used to strike with the Goose Egg sized rocks, or wielded like a Quarterstaff. Galton is good at both.

Dark Deception