Isn't this how the robot take over starts?

Started by SinXAzgard21, May 08, 2011, 05:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinXAzgard21

If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Oniya

I'd be concerned about standing underneath the area where the Looj is cleaning.  The stuff in rain gutters is rarely composed of just dry leaves.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Shjade

Robot takeover, no.

Over-reliance on robots, possibly.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Saerrael

Only if robots start to develop a form or free will, you should start to get concerned.
This is nothing compared to certain SciFi ;)

Assallya

This is spookier.  Witness formation flying of tiny robots.  Even when one of them loses connection to the swarm the rest of the swarm carries on with the mission, hunting you wherever you may hide.

Quadrotor Formation Flying Gets Aggressive

Wyrd

Don't worry guys, Will Smith will save us.
Ragtime Dandies!

Assallya

Soon, I'm not sure how much longer, the South Korean demilitarized zone will be populated by robots bearing light machine guns and automatic grenade launchers.  The idea is that they patrol and if they encounter something that sets off their sensors they ping a human operator to the south who can issue a kill order or take over the robot's systems including a loudspeaker to warn away the trespasser.

How much longer until they're patrolling company grounds in your state, armed with tazers and tear gas?

Shjade

Quote from: Assallya on May 09, 2011, 07:39:00 PMHow much longer until they're patrolling company grounds in your state, armed with tazers and tear gas?
What, you don't have autocops already? I love mine.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Tamhansen

Quote from: Assallya on May 09, 2011, 07:39:00 PM
Soon, I'm not sure how much longer, the South Korean demilitarized zone will be populated by robots bearing light machine guns and automatic grenade launchers.  The idea is that they patrol and if they encounter something that sets off their sensors they ping a human operator to the south who can issue a kill order or take over the robot's systems including a loudspeaker to warn away the trespasser.

Well South korea is known for their cyber sports addiction, seems like a good way to provide jobs
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Assallya

There was recently a small robot created that could do the tasks of an assembly worker and cost only a few thousand dollars.  We are upon the cusp of a new industrial revolution.  Some of my friends have lauded this the return of American independence since we could use these small robots instead of the virtual slave labour provided by various Asian markets.  I'm not so sure.

blknwhite11

Quote from: Wyrd on May 09, 2011, 07:27:53 PM
Don't worry guys, Will Smith will save us.
Took the words right out of me mouth.