Broke my browser somehow

Started by TheGlyphstone, July 08, 2012, 10:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

So after Norton swatted down a trojan that tried to infiltrate through an ad banner or something, I decided to go and download Adaware. I do so, it finds nothing, I uninstall it and reboot, and now Firefox has gone haywire. I can't run any embedded videos, even Youtube,, I can only open my Gmail account in HTML mode, I can't see or use any of the BBCode quick-buttons that would be displayed above this post I'm typing, the background of my homepage won't display (only the text/hyperlinks). I've even tried re-installing Firefox, to no avail.

Autumn Sativus

It honestly sounds to me like the time you'll have getting adjusted to NoScript (or similar Script Blocking programs). Do you know if the antivirus you downloaded came with anything of the sort? You may be able to right click and allow scripts/etc. or check your Plugins for anything along those lines.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

TheGlyphstone

I'm not sure, because it only was on my system for about 15min before I removed it (or tried to, obviously it left something behind).

The way it's messing with my Gmail is the most frustrating aspect. Though I have just discovered I can't open spoiler boxes either.

EDIT: And update...I fixed it, the same way I broke it....mysteriously. I cleared my cache, disabled Java, and it works fine now. Argh.