Skrubs of Eorzea: A Final Fantasy Tale [Introduction | Seeking more Ladies!]

Started by Divine Tenacity, June 12, 2017, 05:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willows

Whew okay I did some reading on the lore to make this as accurate as I could, just let me know if there's anything I should fix about this!

Minafaela Ebott

Player Name: Willows

Character Name: Minafaela Ebott

Race: Hyur, Highlander

Height: 5'11"

Weight: Wraithlike, almost nonexistent

Appearance:

Personality: Mina is a bit of an atypical example of what people expect from a white mage. Where others are cheery, holy children of the Gods that are taught humility and kindness, Mina is... not. At first glance, she comes across as more of a typical Black Mage since she's analytical and more thoughtful than talkative. Others see this as rudeness since she is oft to gaze quietly and assess things for herself, rather than communicating. She seldom makes time for people trying to start conflict, going out of her way to avoid drunkards at bars and hooting men in town.  One might describe her as... nervous. Not entirely uncomfortable with herself but unsure. It takes a bit of warming up, but once she is comfortable around a person completely, she can show a more caring and vulnerable side. Around close friends, she has more of a dark/witty kind of deadpan humor, and is more crude than her appearance gives her credit for.

Class: Conjurer/White Mage

Equipment: As a general rule of thumb, just imagine a witch dressed in black + white with the pointed hat and choker because the stats don't actually matter

• Weapon: A Nirvana Replica Staff

• Body: Linen Robes

• Hat: Linen Hat

• Legs: Linen Tights

• Hands: Velveteen Dress Gloves

• Shoes: Velveteen Dress Shoes

• Accessory: Athereial  Aquamarine Choker

Strengths:
     + Healer
     + Supportive, both in and out of battle
     + Talented in basic survival/cooking skills
     + Fairly Agile and physically strong for a mage
     + Magically adept, able to use the offensive magics available to her relatively well
     + Synergies well with DPS and other Healers

Weaknesses:
     -  Embarrassingly bad at 1v1 combat
     - Is a 'slow caster', as she needs time to focus for her stronger spells
     - Weak willed at times, afraid of really hurting others
     - Possibly misguided because she's never had a parental figure, so she's amoral at times
     - Kind of a loner, ultimately.

Sexual Orientation: Pansexual. Mina doesn't 'see' gender, as much as she sees physical features and the good deeds people do

Sexual On's: Embarrassingly enough, public sex is something she's curious about as a result of being raised in a bar. She has no experience with romance or relationships personally, but she comes across as aloof and worldly on the topic because of all of the... things that she learned from adventurers. As a result, she's pretty curious about the phenomenon of rough sex, but that's a bout it. Should she meet someone she deems as 'cute', she'd likely make the first move just because she doesn't expect the other party to.

Sexual Off's: Once again influenced by the happenings of the pub, Mina is completely grossed out by anything covered in slime. And she'd sooner learn to summon the god Alexander himself, before she lets a man or woman touch her without her permission.

Personal History: Mina was born to a prostitute in the slums of Ul'Dah, left at the steps of one of the local tavern. From a very young age, she bore witness to the cruelty of the world. She saw adventurers and heard their tales of glory and triumph only to lose their men or their families to the beast of war, to violence. In spite of these truths, Mina still lived a relatively happy adolescence. She was housed and looked after by the tavern-maids and the cheery little Hyur cleaning tables slowly became a monument in her own way, a charming addition to the bar as she grew. Her training and tutelage were more informal than anything. She picked up little skills like lock-picking and basic crafting, from the men who frequented the bar. When some humored her with a sword, she showed her complete and utter lack of battle competence, condemning her to a life outside of adventuring. Or, so she thought.

Where many teens found their calling in a traditional schooling setting, Minafreya found hers in the very same bar that saw to her upbringing. Whilst trying to pickpocket a affluent looking Miqo'te, her fingertips were singed by the magic of this witch. The woman explained herself to be a missionary, and saw Mina as a lost soul, looking to be found. She preached of a goddess made of sunlight, of the healing prowess her words could have, and before the night was through, managed to teach Mina a basic 'Cure' spell. The brunette was ecstatic to learn actual magic, as she always believed herself to be too dense to figure it out.

Over the next few years, she would frequently wait for this Conjurer to return, often requesting tomes of the arcane, lessons in conjuration and casting. And she picked most of this up surprisingly fast, learning a slew of basic level spells of the offensive variety. While she never dreamed of being an adventurer, the girl did fantasize of seeing the world on her own. Of finding riches or glory, and returning to this quiet pub to repay the tavern owner. Of maybe... finding her parents, learning her legacy. Several of the adventurers and tourist who came by insisted that she travel the lands, just so she may continue her tutelage. This would eventually lead her to travel the world, going on a journey to get the guidance of the mythical Padjal in Grindea so that she may learn more.

Through this pilgrimage, the woman learned many things. She saw a world beyond Ul'Dah that was filled with magic and wonder, and the White Mages within Grindea taught her the importance of humility, and the power behind white magic itself. She spent only two years there, before departing with the knowledge and power of someone befitting her status. These days, she's working as a medic-for-hire, and learning more about her race, and possibly her parents.

Family: Orianna Ebott, Red Mage whom gave her child up to hopefully live a life free of destitution and sorrows.
Writer, nacoleptic bartender, saint's smile in a demon's body

links to my O2

And my idea thread!

Divine Tenacity

* Divine Tenacity wonders how fast she can tap an 'Approve' button!

Well look at all of you with your awesome characters coming to join in! Sometime tonight I will put up an OOC and Character Roster thread so as not to clutter this interest check with ooc that could be happening elsewhere.

Super psyched you joined the band, willows!
Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

Opale

I'll withdraw my interest for now, because even after all the reading, I am totally lost in confusion : the FF world seems to be a HUGE thing, and the classes and mechanics are totally unknown to me.

SO have fun ! I'm eager to read you all

Divine Tenacity

Quote from: Opale on June 27, 2017, 12:43:47 AM
I'll withdraw my interest for now, because even after all the reading, I am totally lost in confusion : the FF world seems to be a HUGE thing, and the classes and mechanics are totally unknown to me.

SO have fun ! I'm eager to read you all

Aww sorry we lost you but feel free to come back if you'd like!!

Hmm should i repost the link to the ic thread? Cant make an ooc thread or character roster thread until i get home ftom work today.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=269155.50 IC Thread

Divine Tenacity

Okay, got an OOC and Character Roster Thread up. Please follow the links below so we don't clutter the Recruitment Thread too much.

Character Roster:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=269900.0

OOC:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=269901.0