News:

Main Menu

Photobucket

Started by Callie Del Noire, April 12, 2011, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

I'm having problems getting into my account. It's.. 'Down for Maintenance' for like 12 hours now. Anyone else have problems with it?

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on April 12, 2011, 01:51:57 PM
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/photobucket.com

Tried clearing your cache?

On Safari and Firefox.. can't access it on my ipad, laptop, phone app or desktop.

HockeyGod

Same thing with me Callie - it's screwed up all of my images on E and very frustrating!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: alxnjsh on April 12, 2011, 05:28:59 PM
Same thing with me Callie - it's screwed up all of my images on E and very frustrating!

They finally put something up for their blog.. but there is no way to contact their tech folks.

HockeyGod

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 12, 2011, 05:35:18 PM
They finally put something up for their blog.. but there is no way to contact their tech folks.

What does it say? I'm assuming this is just a temp thing and eventually all will be good.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: alxnjsh on April 12, 2011, 05:36:05 PM
What does it say? I'm assuming this is just a temp thing and eventually all will be good.

http://blog.photobucket.com/

Oniya

Roughly:

There's a problem.
We're working on it.
Your pictures are okay.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on April 12, 2011, 05:48:03 PM
Roughly:

There's a problem.
We're working on it.
Your pictures are okay.

Which is more than I knew 12 hours ago when my account went on the blink

HockeyGod

Thanks for the updates.

*sits back and waits*

Callie Del Noire

HockeyGod

Vekseid

* Vekseid nudges to Elluiki >_>

Paradox

More like photobuttfuck, amirite?

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Callie Del Noire

And waits.    (seriously?)

Oniya

Comments on their facebook wall are getting more and more disgusted.  I saw two posts on their Twitter that offered 1 year of free hosting to pro (paid) users that are affected, but I honestly don't think that's going to help them too much on the PR front.  (Hi!  Sorry our service was crappy - now you can get another year of it for free!)

Trieste

My Photobucket account along with the one on which I've been looking at our new rats have not been affected. I wonder wtf is going on.

Oniya

It's probably involving a single server in their system, possibly only a portion of one server.  The problem is that 2% (the estimated amount of people affected) of 8,500,000,000 photos (roughly, per their front page) is still 170,000,000.  (assuming that those are evenly distributed among accounts).

Also, the outage is affecting some people with pro accounts, who are likely to get much pissier than people hosting the odd free image here and there.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on April 13, 2011, 11:41:23 AM
It's probably involving a single server in their system, possibly only a portion of one server.  The problem is that 2% (the estimated amount of people affected) of 8,500,000,000 photos (roughly, per their front page) is still 170,000,000.  (assuming that those are evenly distributed among accounts).

Also, the outage is affecting some people with pro accounts, who are likely to get much pissier than people hosting the odd free image here and there.

What is driving me nuts is there is NO way to contact them for troubleshooting your account issues. If it had been just my account this would have been really annoying. I got LOTS of photos I'd like to access.

Callie Del Noire

Photobucket customers,

We again apologize for the issues some of you are experiencing, and for not having fully resolved the issue as of yet. We want to make sure we are keeping you up-to-date on what is happening and what we are doing to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

We experienced a problem with a portion of our infrastructure, which affected the ability for some users to log in and access their account. We immediately began maintenance to fix the problem, and have been working diligently to get things running again as quickly as possible. However, due to the sheer number of files and the enormous amount of data involved, this is taking a significant amount of time and much longer than we initially anticipated.

Please know that we are doing everything possible to restore service as quickly as possible. We understand your frustration and we will continue to update you as we get better estimates around a completion time.

Thank you for your patience,

Jim Goss

VP of Operations

TOOK THEM TWO DAYS to admit this.. Come on!

Yorubi

Its obviously your fault Callie. Your images are just so full of awesomeness, they caused the server to crash to badly. :)

Callie Del Noire

Lilias

Two days is about as long as I lasted on Photobucket, which was the obvious choice after Flickr started blocking direct links. I'm much happier on WordPress, with less clunk and no filter.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

HockeyGod

and waiting....wails uncontrollably! This weekend I'm migrating my images to my domain. I'll upload my E tutorial images to the Wiki, though I've not had positive experience with that.