[E6 Pathfinder] NC-Exotic Homebrew Campaign (application reopened!)

Started by FragarachZ, April 16, 2014, 07:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FragarachZ

Updated - June 18

Greetings everyone!

I'm re-opening applications for this game as some of the players have dropped out or stopped posting for real life reasons. The campaign is currently in a plot-point where I can't really introduce new player characters until it is resolved, but after the current dungeon crawl is resolved I'm filling up the party with interested, active players again. If you are still interested after reading through this long post, feel free to create a character based on the guidelines here and post a link or a character sheet in this thread. I will browse applications and answer any questions asked in this thread or in PM, and introduce the new PCs as soon as the opportunity comes up in the story. That is after the players resolve the current conflict or TPK. Selection won't be on a first come, first served basis: applications are open until I update and this post says otherwise. I will pick (possibly) two characters to add to the group based on the activity of the player, quality of their writing and on how much I like the character itself. Using names, themes, art etc. that wouldn't fit the setting will make me look at other applications, so please consider your choices withing the limits of this story.

I am looking for interested players in a slightly dark, low-power level campaign. I've seen and been in some group games where posting slowed and grinded to a halt or people lost interest and I'd like to try and avoid that, so please only apply if you're willing to participate actively and are willing to communicate if you have any matters/problems/dislikes so we can try to solve them.

First and foremost, I'm looking for female adventurers, strong and confident women who dare to face the challanges of a not-so-nice world. This would be a homebrew setting and the game would be labeled NC and Exotic, meaning that defeated heroines could very well get captured, raped and humiliated. Yes, it's one of those rape-themed games again, but that doesn't have to be main focus, in fact there will be an overall storyline and it is up to the players to try and play the campaign with one party or lose some characters. For simplicity's sake, I won't try to make up new rules for sex in the system, such encounters will be mostly narrative or handled with a few rolls appropiate for the situation. As a rule of thumb, a character can't be raped unless they are helpless or pinned. There won't be any special rules for armor damage or sex during combat.

I prefer the theatre of mind approach to the combat grid, at least for this game, so you don't have to get overly tactical on your ability selection. In fact, all enemies except for bosses will be fairly standard and not super-specialized to murder or rape characters. For major fights, bosses and big bads, you can expect a hand-crafted enemy character or a monster with a few class levels. Because of this, I would like to encourage a more story-based character development rather than minmaxing out every +1 that's possible from characters.

Before I go into the details of the setting and character generation, let me say in advance that in this campaign available races and classes will be restricted at first, and in-game decisions may open up new options for future characters (to replace a lost or retired character or introduce a new one). The fluff of classes and races will also be different from the standard d&d and pathfinder settings. Also, the game will be on the darker side of fantasy: think something along the lines of Berserk. There will be an Empire Strikes Back mood throughout the game where the party will be on the run, and odds will be stacked against them.

The Setting

War has waged on the land of Aussa for longer than anyone living remembers. The golden days of the "Conqueror King" Lug are long past, and humanity has broken into several countries and city states, spread across the realms, each clinging to their own way of life. The once proud and noble fey folk who assisted the great hero have been all but wiped out in their war to rid Aussa of monsters, their last communities hidden from civilization and slow to trust another alliance. The mighty dwarves who once forged legends from steel, retired to their underground kingdom beneath the Worldspire mountains. The bickering and conflicts of the human realms made the other races slow to trust humanity, but none foresaw the renewed threat of the beastmen. Ferocious and vile, monstrous humanoids consisting of goblinkind, orcs and gnolls swept over the land as great horde of demons intent on destroying civilization. That event marked the beginning of the war, centuries ago. Since then, nations united and forged alliances, even some of the waning races joined the fight, putting aside their distrust for humans to fight the greater threat. Under the guidance of the Spire of Truth and the Council of the Chosen made up of the high priest of each deity, the allience fought for civilization's very survival for countless years. Blood was spilled, bodies piled and borders redrawn as the seemingly never-ending conflict was drawn out forever... It was two years ago that a child of prophecy has made herself known and united each of the races, including a tribe of orcs to end the destructive conflict. The great revelation of a puppetmaster upset the powers, as the leading member of the Council of Chosen was revealed to be an extremely old, powerful sorcerer, responsible for the centuries of suffering. Lady Paladin Yustissa decided to storm the Spire of Truth, the very church that raised her to serve a false prophecy, and handpicked a squad of the finest in her army to break through enemy lines and slay the "Supreme Traitor" High Priest Hagan at the seat of his power.

Map of Aussa Island.

Locations and Origin:

The Beastlands: Territory occupied by the seemingly endless hordes of orcs, gnolls and goblinkind. It's borders are constantly shifting as battle rages on against West Yranur and the Allied City-states. Any orc and some half-orc characters might come from this region, but other characters can't select this as their home region. Should player characters be captured, they will eventually be transported to this region where they will be kept as slaves until a rescue party penetrates into enemy lands deep enough to free them. About 90% of slaves never leave the Beastlands once they get there.

Yranur: Yranur is a kingdom with very strict laws and a caste system. It has also the most history, since it is what remains of Hero King Lug's original nation, that once spanned almost the entire island. Yranur resembles Medieval Europe a lot, with a definite upper class ruling over the people, and using a code of chivalry to control their highly trained knights. Heavily armored warriors, knights, paladins are likely to hail from this region. Some half-orcs might also be born here, because the kingdom shares a border with the Beastlands and monster raids on the Western territories of Yranur are frequent and brutal.
Yranur's king and his son were killed three months ago, and Princess Charlotte, the young and fierce princess knight has taken up the crown to avenge her famiy, leaning towards much more agressive and reckless tactics against the Beastmen.

The Republic of Gimir: Gimir is a land of craftsmen and scholars, bordering most of the other nations. Masters of all trade are found here, and while the citizens are do not like warfare, they do have a standing army in case Yranur requests reinforcements, or raiders from the North decide to make their lives harder. The Worldspire mountains are located here as well, a citadel built on the tallest peak where arcane spellcasters are trained in the ways of the art. All members of the Citadel of Nine Winds are marked with a special, magical tattoo that identifies them, as mages who do not bear this mark are renegades that are feared and hunted down. Almost any character can hail from this region.
Gimir is governed by a parliament and the Citadel of Nine Winds is led by Archmage Gavin Wardenhawk.

Untamed Lands: The Northern region is a vast grassy plain as far as the eye can see, with an occasional hill popping out of the flat landscape. Nomadic tribes of barbarians inhabit most of this land, living free and wandering with herds of animals, hunting and gathering for food. They exchange and barter, trading pelts, food and items as needed and have no currency of their own. While they fight the Beastmen, they are also unfriendly towards other outsiders, save for a few tribes that joined Lady Yustissa's alliance. Mostly barbarian characters would come from this region, though other classes with a "nomadic" feel could also qualify.

Meklier: The first to break away from Yranur, the kingdom of Meklier is located along the East Coast of Aussa. They have vast forests and built a powerful navy that allows them trade - or warfare with any other nation along the shores. While Meklier has undeniably the strongest and largers fleet of ships, their ground troops aren't up to par with Yranurian knights, or even trained fighters from the Free City-states. While a kingdom, Meklier has very loose regulations and laws compared to Yranur, and is home to many gangs and spy networks. It is a public secret that the king rules with the help of these networks and guilds in fact. Somehow, this government seems to work, perhaps due to the war diverting everyone's attentions to the West... Most rogues, swashbuckling heroes and secretive characters might be from Meklier.
Meklier is ruled by King Theodore Saberghost II.

Allied City-states: The Southern shore region of Aussa is littered with independent city-states, reminscent of ancient Greek cities like Athens or Sparta. While there were many feuds and battles between these states in the past, the Beastmen threat forged them into a tight alliance, so they can defend themselves against the frenzied monsters, and avoid being annexed into neighboring countries at the same time. Because of the variety of city-states in this region, almost any character class or race could be found here, but religous classes such as cleric might be most common, due to the Spire of Truth being located in the Eastern regions of these lands.
Each city-state has its own ruler, and the Spire of Truth serves as a central church and place of pilgrimige for most, led by the Council of the Chosen, recently overthrown by High Priest Hagan.

Kisaki Empire: The Kisaki Empire resembles feudal Japan after its unification, with creatures of Japanese folklore such as spirits and animal-folk living there as well. Currently, the empire has closen its borders to all foreigners and people living there usually keep to themselves.

Elven and dwarven lands: It is rare that a member of these races would join with humans, Lady Yustissa convinced many to aid her cause against the traitorous High Priest. However, there characters would either be outcasts from their lands or would have sworn blood-oaths never to reveal the way to their homes to others. This has to do with most non-human races almost being wiped out in the past and their overall distrust towards anyone but their kind.

Magic:
Magic will be readily available to all characters, with one major exeption to how d&d and pathfinder usually roll. Permanent magic items will be extremely rare, and most of them unique and too valueable to have a real price. As such, supplies will be limited to mundane items, and magic items like potions, scrolls and wands from the right vendor. Character ability and in-character decisions will carry more weight than gear in this game, and if the party finds a magic item, it will truly be exceptional.
Character Creation

Races:
At the start of the campaign, core races are available only. That is: Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Half-elf, Halfling, Half-Orc and Human. Additionally Orcs are a selectable player race at the start of the game only. These orc characers would come from the tribe of Chief Graymane, an orc warlord who joined Lady Yustissa's crusade to slay the puppetmaster who led most of his people to their meaningless deaths for something that wasn't even true conquest or honorable battle.

Update (June 18): Core races only. Orcs will be exclusively villains and NPCs from here on.

Classes:
At the start of the campaign, core classes are available only. That is: Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer and Wizard. Other classes might be available later in the game for replacement/new characters, depending on how the story unfolds. Because of the 6 level cap, you can multiclass however you want as long as it makes sense in the story, but prestiege classes won't be available, neither for players nor npcs.

Ability Scores: These will be generated via point buy, with 15 points to spend for each character.

Traits: You may take 2 traits, and a 3rd one if you also take a drawback.

Starting gold: Each character receives starting equipment worth their max starting gold value at level 1. However, due to how the story starts out they will carry their equipment and nothing more, so any "unspent" money on characters will be lost at the beginning of the campaign only. Subsequent characters will receive max starting gold and may spend and keep it as they wish.

Update (June 18): New characters have starting gold by class, as if they were new level 1 characters. That is, you roll your starting wealth, not max the die. As normal, you keep what you don't spend.

Experience Gain: We will be using the fast XP gain table for leveling up.

Hit points:: First level is max then roll for each level up. Basically, by the book.

Character decisions: For abilities such as monster lore skills and favored enemy types, the most frequent adversaries will be goblinoids, orcs, gnolls, undead and humans, as well as a few more powerful monsters like the minotaur, evil outsiders that fit the CR range of the game. Aussan people worship a great number of gods and don't limit themselves to serving only one. Clerics can pick any domain combination that they like, as long as it fits with their character.

Starting out: The PCs will be mighty 2nd level adventurers, a handpicked squad from Lady Yustissa's army and will storm the Spire of Truth to take out the sorcerer Hagan with her. They would be members of her army and would have reasons to fight to end the war, and would have some basic level of comeraderie already, having seen eachother in battle perhaps, or between previous skirmishes. They don't have to be best friends right at the start, but there shouldn't be a question that they are allies, and pretty much everything else is out to get them killed or worse.

In addition to a character sheet and backstory, think about your characters personality and mannerisms. In general, I'd like these questions answered: What does the character LOVE? What does the character HATE? What are their short and long term goals? Why are they fighting for/with the good guys? (And we're on E...) What are the character's sexual preferences? Are they sexually experienced?
Note that this is a heroic game. The party will be fighting against the beastmen and their master, and ultimately try to end the war by either winning or exposing that both sides were played. Consider this when thinking about your character's motivations and pelase don't apply with someone who has or wants to do nothing with the main plot hook. Such applications will be ignored.

Update (June 18): New characters start at level 2, with 1300 XP. This is the case for every new character, both for new joiners and existing players rolling up new chars after they retire or lose one. The longer you can stay in game the more powerful you'll be, in turn new characters should be able to catch up quickly.

House rules

E6 rules will apply, as well as the following for the naughty parts of the game:
- When a character would normally die in combat, the player can choose that the character survives, but at a cost: capture, rape, pregnancy etc. This price will be one reason for the NC-Exotic rating for the game... This might still not prevent losing that character, but she might be rescued at a rater time. Story will have a heavy say in this, but if you don't want a gruesome graphic death 'on screen', you won't have one.
- Orgasms. These will build levels of fatigue (fatigued condition first, then exhausted, and finally unconscious) that can be saved against with fortitude.
- Ahegao/fucked silly: a will save might be called to avoid "becoming out of action". Again, this is situational and comes up only when called for.
- Risk of pregnancy: A female character might get pregnant, determined by a d20 roll every time a male ejaculates in their vagina. The chances and exact numbers for the die roll will be based on the participating parties and their compatibility. (Most monsters will be compatible with almost all females, but the chances might vary, for example an elven woman might be less fertile than a human.) This roll is made by the GM and put in a spoiler box, so you can stay ignorant of the result until the heroine's belly starts to swell, or check the result outright.
- TPK: If the entire party is defeated, they will be likely dragged off to be broken in as slaves or breeding stock for the beastmen. In this case the players may decide if they accept the "Bad End" or try to rescue their characters with an alternate party (or even alternate players). Of course, the longer this takes the higher the chances that the defeated heroines will be beyond saving...
- Story rewards: exceptional actions and major plot points might reward characters with permanent bonuses to make up for the lack of stat-boosting items. For example, someone studying under a swordmaster might gain a permanent +1 attack bonus if  the player is invested enough in their character interacting with the world.

I'm interested in running the game for a group of 4-5 players. Should there be more applicants, the characters will be seperated into different groups after the short prologue and introduction. Players won't be picked on a first come first served basis either. If you post interest or character idea, I will check your posting frequency and amount/quality of your writing.

Thank you for your understanding and for reading through all this. Hope to game with you soon :)

UPDATE (JUNE 18): Added links to characters and IC thread for applicants to view:

Characters
Main story thread
O&O

FragarachZ

Quote from: Ghostwheel on April 16, 2014, 07:30:55 PM
Sounds interesting. I'd have to give some serious thought as to what to play, but could be great.

With E6, how would feats that have high BAB prereqs work?

Prereqs stay the same for high-er level stuff. So even as a pure fighter, your highest BAB would be 6. Though there are some capstone feats if you stay single class through 6 levels, the fighter's one lets you pick feats with a higher BAB prereq.
O&O

Shjade

This sounds like a fun concept, particularly the limited ruleset (speaking as someone whose eyes tend to glaze over when I look at D&D's endless list of abilities and so forth). I'm a little unclear on the whole goal/prophecy/traitor thing that's supposed to be the driving force for the party, but I suppose understanding the details isn't so important if you have faith in your leader the way the troops are supposed to, so I guess that's not a big problem. xD
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

schnookums

Never did e6 before, but the campaign itself seems like it'd be fun, so I'll throw my hat in.

Roxy Rocket

There is much here that is wise.

Maaaaaaybe.

Miroque

I would love to join, if you have me.

I would love to play Druid (wildling shamanistic type) or Rogue (spy/ninja type)

Strangefate

A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

victoria4

How interesting!  I'd never even heard of E6, but I really like the sound of it - and of this game's setting & house rules.  I'm sure I'd enjoy a playing a sorceress, most likely human or one of those rare half-elves in this setting.

FragarachZ

Thanks for your responses guys! :)
I'm glad there are people who like or find my idea interesting.
I like E6 because limiting available resources gives character decisions a greater impact, and PCs get to be badasss heroes after an adventure or two.

The whole prophecy/evil sorcerer thing is just the background that's been going on recently. Basically to give the impression that there are bigger things going on in the world that people don't really understand so they depend on their leaders. Things will get clearer once we start, and the party will eventually be free to sandbox around if they want to. For the introductory part it will be a pretty linear short adventure to set the overall mood and theme of the game, and then we'll zoom out and you can decide if you want to desert, freeroam, take missions from military leaders, fight the beastmen or run away from them, etc.
There will be reason to hate the villains for things other than the campaign background too.

Quote from: Miroque on April 17, 2014, 01:53:00 AM
I would love to join, if you have me.

I would love to play Druid (wildling shamanistic type) or Rogue (spy/ninja type)

Spies are good to go, though ninjas wouldn't be involved in the war effort at this point in the story. That said if you just want to have a certain flavor backstabby assassin flavor on your rogue I don't mind, but I'd rather not include catgirl shinobi into a western fantasy setting (outright).
O&O

Miroque

Who mentioned (space)Catgirl-amazon-ninja-pirate-cook?

I was thinking of Pure human, rogue (royal assassin type and information gatherer specalist) or Old-world Druidess (ritual sacrifices for the goddess for gaining powers to subjucate the enemies). (I hardly ever play non-human, as they SHOULD be more alien that things with pointy ears or green skin and bad teeths..)

Who really can play Immortal elf, giving that time it takes them to grow to adulthood, is 3-4 lifetimes for common human.. and even if they "mature" slower, they still waste their hundred years into something.. like childhood games (building physical atributes and skills) or intellectual studies (insane book knowledges) etc.... unless they are kept in stasis for their childhood or something... (and/or they are podpeople)... no RPG  really takes growing up time into count on the longer living races.
(in our TT games, elfs and such grow up the speed of normal humans, but they just live way longer, so starting elf is on the par with starting humans in age wise, and yes, they get the child negatives on their stats...)

FragarachZ

Hehe, it was just an example of how out of hands things can get really quickly. I like your ideas though, I could see both work in this setting, maybe leaning a little bit towards the rogue idea a bit more? (Since one of the themes of the overall conflict is civilization vs barbaric hordes of beast-creatures. That doesn't mean druids or nature classes are out of the picture though)
O&O

Miroque

Rogue-types then to be more "loner" operators, that part of military groups, but Im sure I can come up with something.

*thinks* Wizard...sort of "advisor" to the leader of the expedition.. maybe even an bloodrelative to some other character in the group... how would that fit in GM?

FragarachZ

Quote from: Miroque on April 17, 2014, 01:35:35 PM
Rogue-types then to be more "loner" operators, that part of military groups, but Im sure I can come up with something.

*thinks* Wizard...sort of "advisor" to the leader of the expedition.. maybe even an bloodrelative to some other character in the group... how would that fit in GM?

If you can find a theme you'd like to play, I'll make it work Miroque. As for being related to other PCs, you'll have to agree on that with the other player, I have nothing against it.

This also goes for everyone: if you feel like having npc relatives or contacts, you're free to add to the game world by including them in your character background. However, I ask that for starters nobody be related to the Lady Paladin Yustissa and High Priest Hagan for story reasons.

Quote from: ererruz on April 17, 2014, 02:07:18 PM
E6 sounds fun. Thinking about a priestess of some kind of passion deity.

Thanks for posting interest! As long as you can give me a good reason why a priestess of passion would be in warzone? Perhaps she served as a courtesan but she was enlisted on the mission because there was a shortage of healers? Also, cheers to a fellow planescape fan! :)
O&O

ererruz

Quote from: FragarachZ on April 17, 2014, 02:46:56 PM

Thanks for posting interest! As long as you can give me a good reason why a priestess of passion would be in warzone? Perhaps she served as a courtesan but she was enlisted on the mission because there was a shortage of healers? Also, cheers to a fellow planescape fan! :)

Ha, you posted while I was in the middle of deleting and sending a new (edited) post, so my post got lost. Sorry for that! I was actually considering the divine courtesan idea and if you're alright with it, I think I'll go with it! (Planescape is awesome, and I was wondering whether that avatar of yours was on purpose or not, but now I have my answer :) )

FragarachZ

Quote from: ererruz on April 17, 2014, 02:52:55 PMI was actually considering the divine courtesan idea and if you're alright with it, I think I'll go with it!

By all means.

I got enough people posting interest to have at least one, perhaps two groups running. From this point on I'm accepting character applications as it looks like there'll be enough players to start.
O&O

ererruz

Do you have the gods of the setting fleshed out, or are you open to suggestions and it's fine to create a god/goddess?

FragarachZ

Quote from: ererruz on April 17, 2014, 03:55:33 PM
Do you have the gods of the setting fleshed out, or are you open to suggestions and it's fine to create a god/goddess?

I imagined religion in this setting to resemble how the ancient Greeks treated their pantheon, giving name and characteristics to the forces that played parts in their lives. The people try to please the deities through worship and rituals, but the things they see the gods in still toy with their lives. The church as an institute studies these forces and seeks to understand divine beings. That said, I do not plan on having antrophomorphic gods in the manner of Greek mythology, or divine interference in the game. I've always seen divine spellcasting as a feat of faith and conviction coming from the caster rather than actual godly intervention. If the gods do exist they are distant and quiet, not interfering with the world. Well, that's the idea anyway.
You can go ahead and "create" a deity for love or passion or whatever you imagined for your character, but it is likely that different cultures in the world might know them differently. Basically you'll paint a picture of how your character and their culture might see that particular god. You can get specific or as generic as saying "my character follows this god" as long as you can roleplay your character out. It's unlikely you'll need many details about the god she follows, other than what kind of behavior and mannerisms the character will have as a result of their faith. Does that make any sense?

So in short, no and yes.
O&O

Miroque

Im going toward the wizardess... how would you like to have the character applications ? (and should we keep something hidden, as the characters dont know everything about everyone yet...)

schnookums

Phooey, I was gonna play a wizardess...and we really should diversify

victoria4

Echoes of schnookums - I just sent FragarachZ a sorceress character for consideration.  Seems we all want to see what it's like never to get higher than 3rd-level spells.  :-)
Mind you, if the limit was 2nd-level, perhaps these spellcasters wouldn't be so popular!

RubySlippers

I could get into this how does a LG half-orc Paladin from a Commoner background with the Archetype Hospitaler sound?

ExisD

This sounds like it would be a lot of fun, though there are a bunch of people interested.

If there's room my current idea is a ranged specialist. Either human sorcerer who's orc-blooded, maybe from the orc tribe but I'm unsure, and focuses on exploding everything. Since so many people are looking at casters my other thought, elven fighter focused into archery, might be the better call. Though I had less fluff thought up about her.

Shjade

Sadly I don't think I'd be able to keep up with all the knowledgeable folks. I tend to take forever to figure out the paperwork for this stuff. xD The idea's nice, though. Best of luck with it!
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

schnookums

How do monks fit into the world? I'm guessing they're slightly less "asian" themed in general (or at least the ones that come from the initial lands lands presented).

I'm torn between two ideas, a zen archer monk, or a dervish dancer bard (Why yes, I am picking archetypes that completely change the core nature of the class, why do you ask?) A swashbuckler rogue is a third choice if the other two turn out to be unworkable

assleigh

I'd love to come in with a human shield maiden from the Untamed Lands (Fighter) for this... Start with Improved Shiield bash and Two Weapon Fighting... With a Viking flair...
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

RubySlippers

Under Construction -
Tevaga
Half-Orc Paladin
Hails from Yranur
Humble Order of the Hospitalers

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=864179

Roll Result: DianeK rolled: 1d10, adding 1to the total
Comment: Paladin 2nd Level Hit Die
Result: 8,
Total: 9

FragarachZ

Quote from: schnookums on April 18, 2014, 12:11:57 AM
How do monks fit into the world? I'm guessing they're slightly less "asian" themed in general (or at least the ones that come from the initial lands lands presented).

I'm torn between two ideas, a zen archer monk, or a dervish dancer bard (Why yes, I am picking archetypes that completely change the core nature of the class, why do you ask?) A swashbuckler rogue is a third choice if the other two turn out to be unworkable

There might be a few scattered monasteries in the world, and monk training could also come from being a member of the church. Since the Spire of Truth took a great deal of work in aiding the war effort, they would have militant clerics and monks as well as healers and priests.
(For some reason, Gamers Dorkness Rising comes to mind? Heh.)

Archetypes are good to go as long as you keep the character within the setting's flavors. Dervish dancer and swashbuckler are good to go, though I'd be interested in the concept for a zen archer monk before I give it the nod.

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 17, 2014, 11:14:12 PM
I could get into this how does a LG half-orc Paladin from a Commoner background with the Archetype Hospitaler sound?
Quote from: RubySlippers on April 18, 2014, 01:09:44 AM
Under Construction -
Tevaga
Half-Orc Paladin
Hails from Yranur
Humble Order of the Hospitalers

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=864179

Roll Result: DianeK rolled: 1d10, adding 1to the total
Comment: Paladin 2nd Level Hit Die
Total: 9

Looks good! Scavenger replaces your intimidating racial trait though, but I won't pick on you until you're ready to finalize the sheet :)

Quote from: assleigh on April 18, 2014, 12:21:54 AM
I'd love to come in with a human shield maiden from the Untamed Lands (Fighter) for this... Start with Improved Shiield bash and Two Weapon Fighting... With a Viking flair...

I could see a northerner warrior like that somehow end up in the war. Go for it if you like :)

As long as I get the character sheets I don't caer if you share them publicly or send them to me in a PM, it's up to your preferences.
Also, application is not exclusive to female characters only, I just have a preference of them for the... naughtier side of the game  O:)

Updating the character creation segment of the original post for clarification: starting gold is the maximum of the level 1 value for each class, not the 2nd level value for starting wealth.
Also if someone takes exotic/cultural weapons by spending character resources on it, I'll try to include an opportunity for repacign the lost item should the need for it arise.
O&O

Miroque

For the Viking Shieldmaiden, why not Barb1 Fighter 1 ? Then it would give out her "viking" heritage (and give more hps, rage and other stuffs aswell) and Fighter 1 would show that she's "civilized" now, and knows local military tactics etc...

Miroque

Name: Aleria, Arcane Scholar, Acolyte of the Arts
Race: Human
Class: Wizard

Description:
Aleria is 5´4 and very slim. Her physical frame is lacking, but her keen mind and radiant looks make for it. Her flaming red hair and almost pale skin stands out from all those who actually have pigment on their skin.

Background:
Not much is known of the young astonishingly beautiful woman-girl Aleria and her past, but some of it, she is willing to talk.

Aleria hails from an small thorpe near Gimir border, and was taught by the local master mage, who resides in the border town of Ashford, town known by their fine wine yards.

Aleria was but an child, when her master noticed her keen intellect and toke her in and started to train her to the versatile scholar she is today. Year ago, Aleria seeked counsil of the Lady Paladin Yustissa, and offered her vast knowledge of things mundane and magical to her disposal, asking an funding and protection of the knightly lady in return.

With her, travels an crow who seems to understand some of her words. Aleria has named the crow "Shadow Peak".

Game info
Aleria has Trait: Alluring and Honeyed Tongue, making her stand out in any crowd. She also knowns how to wrap those around her around her finger, with words and innuendo, making her quite disliked around the wifes of Lady Yustissa's court. Rumors fly around of her past, and her exploits of the men of the court, but noone can actually testify there has been any.

assleigh

Quote from: Miroque on April 18, 2014, 04:35:09 AM
For the Viking Shieldmaiden, why not Barb1 Fighter 1 ? Then it would give out her "viking" heritage (and give more hps, rage and other stuffs aswell) and Fighter 1 would show that she's "civilized" now, and knows local military tactics etc...
There's actually a fighter archetype that 'does' that in Pathfinder... So... More feats(from being a fighter)=better modeling of the shield fighting style I want her to have... I so see having her explore her wild side(barbarian levels) later in life :)
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

Miroque

K.. I was thinking of same type of Viking character, Barbie1, Fighter1, myself.. but coulf not get into the mood...

assleigh

I LOVE the show Vikings and have wanted to play one forever... Almost got the chance to.. But the game died... This E6 setting seems perfect for her... Btw Aleria seems very cool, you put a lot of thought into her

My ONs and OFFs

Miroque

When I create my characters, I allways put lot of thought into them.. but its nice to see people do notice it :)

Btw: there is LOT more into her, but its just not common knowledge.. as characters dont know each other that well..GM has the rest thou.

RubySlippers

And Traits can help around the Viking build to. I fixed my racial traits I wanted her to come from the trashy class of her homeland as in very humble origins and elevated to a Paladin in service to the Celestial Light maybe not a noble or considered on par with some but she IS a Paladin serving heaven not ignorable. And she fights for those least able to do so the poor, needy and peasant and opposes abusing them and if anyone does - (swings her Great Axe) - she can get physical if forced to.

And she likes Axes - a lot.

assleigh

Yah, I'm taking the Viking Blood trait ... Was thinking Bastard aas well, so Finna would be scary and discerning in combat... With a checkered past... No real family name to uphold so she fights the good fight to have the Skalds sing of her when she's gone and drinking in Valhalla :)

My ONs and OFFs

RubySlippers

Oh my character might have issues with the Viking she prefers to fight one on one against baddies, we could have in game a friendly - YOU got to kill the last bandit leader its MY turn to kill this one Viking! And if one bad guy maybe flipping a coin to fight them one-on-one.

assleigh

Hehehe... Could make for fun post battle arguements, "I won the coin tosss, it was my kill!" "but you were taking SOOOOO long... And I was hungry"

Actually, in some ways I see my shield maiden as the 'protect others, engage the enemy so they don't get to our second line' type... So your paladin doing the avante garde thing works :) Finna will have her back :)

My ONs and OFFs

RubySlippers

Well she won't fight first if there can be a peaceful ending to a potential fight. Paladins are not warmongers they fight when they must but when they fight, do so hard to win.

Miroque

Then its good to have my not-so-peaceful Wizardess to start the fights for you two :)

assleigh

Ah, I see a lot of saving Aleria's butt from the trouble she's gotten herself into in Finna's future :)

Not that Aleria can't handle herself well, but I think Finna could end up feeling protective of her, as they're such opposites in so many ways

My ONs and OFFs

Miroque

Actually, Wizards cant handle themselves.. they need the "more intelligence depravated" henchme... friends to do that for them :)

assleigh

*chuckles and contemplates dropping int to 8*

Sounds like a good team up then... Later on I can even take the feat that'll let Finna extend her shield benefit to AC to a companion... For a

*host of arrows comes at the party*
*makes with the arrow blockee thing for self, then Finna shoots her shield out so that the arrow streaking towards Aleria's guts goes THUNK into the VIking's thick wooden shield*

My ONs and OFFs

RubySlippers

Don't expect my character to have sex outside of marriage, willingly anyway.

FragarachZ

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 18, 2014, 11:09:56 AM
Don't expect my character to have sex outside of marriage, willingly anyway.

>:)

Okay, so far we have

Sorcerer
Wizard
Paladin
Fighter
Cleric

and a Archer/Swashbuckler/Dervish?

With an expert type (rogue or ranger) we'd have a pretty well-rounded team I'd say, and enough people to even have two groups going at once. I'd at least prefer two groups of 3-4 people to one huge party. Also, applications are still open to anyone who has interest, and I know of people who expressed interest in PMs who didn't post or consider character types and classes yet.
O&O

Miroque

Do we have somekind of time table for start? That would kick people into gear....

victoria4

Well, apparently this character's fine, but she shares quite a bit (including some background) with Miroque's wizardess.  Still, a sorceress is totally different, right?   ;)  If we're split into two groups due to huge game interest that's certainly not an issue, but what do people think about having two arcane casters in this small party?  Perhaps a friendly rivalry with the "book-learnin'" type?

Note that Bremorel here "looks" more like a rogue, and she may have to pretend to be one, or a light fighter generally, since without a tattoo she can't reveal her magic openly.  Revealing it to those about to be killed by it is presumably fine.   :-)

For the image, of course she's not wearing armour, just clothing perhaps appearing as shown (and no whip!).

Image, Bremorel

Stats and weapons
Bremorel Silverkin

Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 2
Neutral Good

Strength          8    (-1)
Dexterity         15  (+2)
Constitution    12  (+1)
Intelligence     14  (+2)
Wisdom           8   (-1)
Charisma         16 (+3)

Size:     Medium
Height: 5' 9"
Weight:135 lb
Eyes:    Amber
Hair:     Silver/gray
Skin:     Light tan

Total Hit Points: Max at 1st level, roll thereafter, + CON bonus.  Haven't rolled yet!

Speed: 30 feet

Armor Class: 12 = 10 + 2 [dexterity]

Touch AC: 12
    Flat-footed: 10

Initiative modifier:  + 2     = + 2 [dexterity]
Fortitude save:      + 1     = 0 [base] + 1 [constitution]
Reflex save:           + 2     = 0 [base] + 2 [dexterity]
Will save:                 + 2     = 3 [base] -1 [wisdom]

Attack (handheld):   + 0     = 1 [base] -1 [strength]
   Weapon Finesse: + 3     = 1 [base] + 2 [dexterity]
Attack (missile):       + 3     = 1 [base] + 2 [dexterity]
CMB:                        + 0     = 1 [base] -1 [strength]
CM Defense:           + 12    = 10 + 1 [base] -1 [strength] + 2 [dexterity]

Languages:   Common, elven, gnoll, goblin

Weapons:
     Elven curve blade [1d10, crit 18-20/x2, 7 lb., slashing]
     Dagger [1d4, crit 19-20/x2, range inc 10 ft., 1 lb., light, piercing]
     Sling [1d4, crit x2, range inc. 50 ft., 0 lb, bludgeoning]

Feats, traits, racial traits
Half-Elf
    This half-elf chose +2 to charisma (already included)
    Immune to magical sleep
    + 2 racial bonus on saves vs. enchantments
    Low-light vision
    + 1 racial bonus on perception checks
    + 2 racial bonus on diplomacy and gather information checks

Feats:
    Ancestral Arms (Elven curve blade profiency, replaces Adaptability)
    Weapon Finesse    

Traits:
     Charming: +1 on Bluff or Diplomacy on character that could be sexually attracted, +1 on save DC of language-dependent
          spells cast on such characters
     Gifted Adept (Scorching Ray): Cast this spell as one level higher than actual
     History of Heresy: +1 on saving throws against divine spells
     Naive: -2 to AC against attacks with improvised weapons, -2 to CMD against dirty trick combat maneuvers. (drawbacK)

Sorcerer
    Eschew Materials
    Concentration check: d20 + sorcerer level + charisma modifier vs. DC
    Elemental bloodline (fire) sorcerers can choose an element, change a spell that deals energy to match the type
        Elemental Ray (Sp): Standard Action, 30' ranged touch attack, Damage = d6 + 1 per 2 levels.  Use 3 + cha mod / day.
        At 3rd level, gain 10 resistance against fire.  Gain spells at levels 3 & 5.

Skills

Skills
(name          ability  value   base  ranks   other bonuses)
Acrobatics       Dex     2 =     +2
Appraise         Int      2 =     +2
Bluff               Cha     7 =     +3     + 1     + 3 [class skill]
Climb              Str      -1 =     -1
Craft (weapn) Int      3 =     +2    + 1
Craft (other)   Int      2 =     +2
Diplomacy      Cha     5 =     +3              + 2 [half-elf]
Disable Dvc    Dex     3 =     +2     + 1
Disguise        Cha      3 =     +3
Escape Artist  Dex     2 =     +2
Fly                  Dex     2 =     +2
Heal               Wis     -1 =     -1
Intimidate      Cha     3 =     +3
Know (arcn)    Int     7 =     +2     + 2     + 3 [class skill]
Know (plane)  Int     6 =     +2     + 1     + 3 [class skill]
Perception      Wis     1 =     -1               + 2 [half-elf]
Perform (any) Cha     3 =     +3
Ride                Dex     2 =     +2
Sense Motive  Wis     -1 =     -1
Spellcraft         Int      6 =     +2     + 1     + 3 [class skill]
Stealth            Dex     3 =     +2     + 1    
Survival           Wis     -1 =     -1
Swim               Str     -1 =     -1

Cruddy formatting!

Spells

Zero-level Sorcerer spells: Cantrips can be used at will.  7 known (5 + 2 favored class bonus).
     Arcane Mark
     Light
     Mage Hand
     Read Magic
     Spark (close range, ignite "fine" flammable object

First-level Sorcerer spells: 5 (4 + 1) per day.  2 known.
     Mage Armor
     Sleep

Equipment

Coins: none left (8 sp, but apparently lost in background?)

Equipment:
    Sling bullets (group of 10) x1
    Backpack
    Case (for map or scroll)
    Pouch, belt
    Rations (1 day) x2
    Sack
    Thieves' Tools
    Waterskins x2
    Whetstone

Background

Bremorel, the daughter of an elvish father and a human mother, lived most of her life in relative seclusion among her
mother's extended family in a free hamlet just south of Gimir.  The "freethinkers" of this hamlet advocated tolerance for
all, welcoming the mixed relationship of Bremoral's parents, but were distrustful or even hostile to attempts to preach the
orthodoxy of any one religion, or to prosletyze for any god.  As a result the young half-elf is generous, open and trusting,
but has an ingrained resistance to the words and "miracles" of any faith.

Likewise, her parents saw no need, once their daughter's sorcerous talents became evident, to submit her to the judgement and
training of the Citadel of Nine Winds.  Instead they guided her themselves, her mother having experience with the fire
elemental blood that ran through her veins from some long-forgotten ancestor, her father being a minor dabbler in the arcane
arts.  Bremorel was an avid pupil, quickly learning some of the easier and more entertaining cantrips.

While they sought to shield her from the world, her parents did not wholly neglect Bremorel's martial training.  It was clear
that, with her exceptional natural talents far beyond her parents or any others known to them, she would some day be called
upon to protect the village, or - though they hoped not - perhaps she would go further, seeking her own part in the wars that
raged across Aussa.  Her father taught her the use of the curve blade, handing his own, best blade to her when she was ready
to leave the safe, somewhat coddling arms of the village.

She didn't immediately go to war - at first she tried to go from village to village, offering her services either as a "fake"
prestidigitator, or to help drive off wild animals, minor beast incursions, or the bandits that crop up wherever authority is
stretched too thin.  But eventually, with her magical ability and passable fighting skill, Bremorel was recruited into Lady
Paladin Yustissa's army, distinguishing herself there sufficiently to be one of those chosen for the assault on the Spire of
Truth.  Within the army, there was no need to hide her magical talent, which was quite a liberating experience for her.

Miroque

There is almost nothing similar (except their home towns/villages being at the border of Gimir). I have no problem with two arcanist in one group, when they are totally diffrent infact. Bremorel seems to be combat spellslinger with fire spells, and Aleria has no combat spells to cast. Aleria is scholar and loremistress to be... not an combat caster.. brilliant, cold and somewhat detached.. but truely heartwarming when she so chooses... (not to mention slightly gloomy allthe time.. )

victoria4

Oh, Miroque, that's excellent; it's certainly more generally powerful when the spells available cover a broader set of situations ... and by the sounds of things, the party will have at least as much (or more!) need of spells in non-combat situations, to keep them from combat as they run, for instance.

assleigh

THanks for the thumbs up, working Finna up now... Rolled for HP and made an oopsee... Added 2 not 1 to the roll so it should be 9 not 10

Roll ID: 57297
Owner: assleigh
Viewer: Noone or Anyone
Time Rolled: 2014-04-18 11:46:54

Summary: At 2014-04-18 11:46:54, assleigh (uid: 51897) rolls: 1d10a2 Result: 10

Full Result: assleigh rolled: 1d10, adding 2 1 to the total
Comment: Finna 2nd level HP
Total: 10 9

My ONs and OFFs

FragarachZ

Quote from: Miroque on April 18, 2014, 11:29:05 AM
Do we have somekind of time table for start? That would kick people into gear....

Let's say we're taking applications this weekend, and I'll set up the Character, IC and OOC threads on Monday or Tuesday.
O&O

ererruz

RubySlippers

My character is coming along.

Question though can we take Additional Traits as a Feat to get two more of those I was thinking it would help flesh out my character adding two more and dropping Improved Initiative?

Miroque

FragarachZ

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 18, 2014, 02:37:46 PM
My character is coming along.

Question though can we take Additional Traits as a Feat to get two more of those I was thinking it would help flesh out my character adding two more and dropping Improved Initiative?

Yes. Keep in mind though that trait bonuses affecting the same roll overlap and do not stack.
O&O

assleigh

Finna Stendahl, Viking Shieldmaiden

Name: Finna Stendahl
Class: Viking (fighter w/ Archetype)
Level: 2
Alignment: Chaotic Good

ABILITY SCORES

Str 16(+3)     Cost: 5+2 Racial
Int 10(+0)     Cost: 0
Wis 10(+0)     Cost: 0
Con 13(+1)     Cost: 3
Dex 15(+2)     Cost: 7
Cha 10(+0)     Cost: 0

HP: 19     Remaining: 19
HD: 2d10+2
Base speed: 30'

Normal AC: 19 (10+5 Armor+1 Shield+1 Feat+2 Dex)
.     Touch AC: 12
.     Flat footed AC: 17
.     Armour check penalty: -3
.     Max dexterity bonus: +4
.     Spell failure chance: 20%
SR/DR: NA

+2 BAB
.     Melee: +5 | Two-Weapon +3/+3
.     Ranged: +4
.     CMB: +5
.     CMD: 17 / 19 vs. Sunder and Disarm (2 Favored Class Bonus)

.         SAVES
Fortitude save: +4
Reflex save: +2
Will save: +0
Resistances: None

TRAITS

1. Bastard: +1 to Sense Motive and its now a Class Skill                                                     Social Trait
2. Viking Blood: +1 to Intimidate and its now a Class Skill                                                     Regional Trait
3. Shield Bearer: +1 Shield Bash damage. 1/day give +2 trait AC bonus to adjacent ally        Race Trait
DRAWBACKS
1. Overprotective: when ally unconscious, -2 to Attack and Skill checks when 10+' from them

RACIAL FEATURES
Ability Score Racial Traits: Human characters gain a +2 racial bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature. I chose Strength
Size: Humans are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Base Speed: Humans have a base speed of 30 feet.
Languages: Humans begin play speaking Common. Humans with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
Bonus Feat: Humans select one extra feat at 1st level.
Skills: Humans gain an additional skill rank at first level and one additional rank whenever they gain a level.
CLASS FEATURES Fighter modified by Viking Archetype
Weapon Proficiency
A fighter is proficient with all simple and martial weapons and with all armor (heavy, light, and medium) and shields (including tower shields).
A viking is not proficient with heavy armor or tower shields.
Bonus Feats: 2 (1st and 2nd)
Fearsome (Ex)
At 2nd level, a viking can make an Intimidate check to demoralize an opponent as a move action. At 10th level, she can do so as a swift action. At 18th level, she can demoralize a foe as a free action once per round.
This ability replaces bravery.

FEATS: 4

1. Combat Reflexes     Free Racial Feat
2. Two-Weapon Fighting     1st Level
3. Improved Shield Bash     1st Level Fighter
4. Shield Focus     2nd Fighter
SKILLS: 6 Total Skill Points (3 Skill Ranks Per Level)
+7 Climb (Str) (1 Ranks+3 Str+3 Class Skill)
+0 Craft (Int) (0 Ranks+0 Int+0 Class Skill)
+0 Handle Animal (Cha) (0 Ranks+0 Cha+0 Class Skill)
+6 Intimidate (Cha) (2 Ranks+0 Cha+3 Class Skill+1 Trait)
UT Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int) (0 Ranks+0 Int+0 Class Skill)
UT Knowledge (engineering) (Int) (1 Ranks+1 Int+0 Class Skill)
+0 Linguistics (Planes) (Int) (0 Ranks+0 Int)
UT Profession (Wis) (0 Ranks+0 Wis+0 Class Skill)
+2 Ride (Dex) (0 Ranks+2 Dex+0 Class Skill)
+5 Sense Motive (Wis) (1 Ranks+0 Wis+3 Class Skill+1 Trait)
+4 Survival (Wis) (1 Ranks+0 Wis+3 Class Skill)
+7 Swim (Str) (1 Ranks+3 Str+3 Class Skill)

Coinage: 1 GP
EQUIPTMENT Starting Gold: 300 GP     Eq Cost 299 GP
Armored Kilt     Cost: 20 GP     Weight: 10 lbs
MW: Chain Shirt     Cost: 250 GP     Weight: 25 lbs
Light, Spiked, Wooden Shield     Cost: 3 GP     Weight: 6 lbs
Longsword (1d8/19-20x2)     Cost: 15 GP     Weight: 4 lbs
Spears (1d8/x3/20')     Cost: 2 GP     Weight: 6 lbs
Kit, Fighter's     Cost: 9 GP     Weight: 29 lbs

Personality: Finna is the type of woman who plays very few games. If she likes and trusts someone, they know it and furthermore know she will protect them with all the power in her sword arm, the strength of her shield until she's breathed her last. She's a terror on the battlefield, at times foes flee from her rather then face the might of her bloody blade. Though not a remorseless, stone cold killer, she does what needs to be done in service to the cause she's taken up and to ensure that all of her companions return with her safely back to hearth and home.

Off the field of battle Finna has the rough, ready wit of a soldier and stands not at all on decorum or the manners of civilized people. If she wants something, she'll take it if it can be had that way, paying her way when she must but in truth, she likes nothing more then using her strength to achieve her desires. She has a bawdy sense of humor that's made even the most jaded man blush and proper ladies swoon. She's a good friend to have as she keeps all confidences and is a kind, nonjudgmental person.   

Known History: Finna was born in the North to a Shieldmaiden who'd had her fun during the raiding season and brought back something unexpected from the South. Her mother loved her and taught her the ways of sword and the shield as she knew that though tolerated, her little girl would never be fully accepted by the clan. Finna took to war play like a fish to water, delighting her mother to know end even as she surprised those who thought she'd be an easy target for bullying. When she was old enough, she traveled south, knowing her skills would be useful in the war effort and distinguished herself not only as a fighter but as someone who cared for those she fought alongside. Including her on the raid on the Tower was a no brainer, she's a solid fighter with the ability to help get even the least martial companion through all sorts of dangerous encounters.

My ONs and OFFs

RubySlippers

Quote from: FragarachZ on April 18, 2014, 02:44:27 PM
Yes. Keep in mind though that trait bonuses affecting the same roll overlap and do not stack.

I know, I'm not planning to do that. Like in combat one trait I have improved critical hit confirmation rolls and another boosts damage in one on one combat so they are separate but work together. And Inner Beauty is just fun adding to her divine quality. The plan is to flesh out the background with fun traits. And I can add Improved Initiative next level.  ;D

assleigh

Traits add such fun flavor to Pathfinder, as do the Drawbacks... Too bad you can only take 1 drawback for 1 trait :(

My ONs and OFFs

Miroque

well.. too many drawbacks tend to cripple the character. Ofcourse, you can RP more flawed person, without it giving bonuses.

assleigh

Very true, M and I have at times. It's just fun when 'what's on paper' reflects a character concept in full :) It's one of my long time 'beefs' with D&D based stuff... A teeny, minor thing, really...

My ONs and OFFs

Ershin

Oh my goodness, E6 Pathfinder? "Bad ends" instead of death and risk of pregnancy? Curse my lack of online time for not finding this thread sooner!

Let's see, what all have been posted as character classes so far... Paladin, Wizard, Sorcerer, Fighter, Cleric. Geeze, lot of applicants for this, I might have come in way too late.
Also is that the rune of torment I spy in your avatar FragarachZ?

assleigh

Could always use some Rogueish goodness... Or Druidic delights...

My ONs and OFFs

ererruz

Ashara of Flames

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Ashara’s childhood would probably have been better had she not been born out of wedlock. Her mother, lady Alyssa, a noble lady of one of the City-States, had an affair with a travelling nomad warrior. When confronted by her lord husband, she claimed that she was seduced, perhaps even forced by some kind of an insidious charm, but the truth was there were no spells. Alyssa was bored of her marital duties and hated her life as a trophy wife and when she got the chance to enliven her existence, she jumped on the occasion, not thinking of the consequences.

At first, lady Redwyn tried to take care of her bastard daughter, but with her reputation at stake, she decided to take up her husband’s suggestion and decided to abandon the red-haired girl. She left her in one of the many temples of the region. Knowing well that Ashara was a creature born of undisclosed desires, passion and graced with fiery hair, she felt her daughter was blessed by the goddess of passion of all kinds. Priestesses took care of the young girl and became her new mothers. They taught her about their deity, about the importance of passion in the world, about the kind of work that was done at the temple.

Love, lust, fire, war, anger, these concepts became the driving forces of Ashara’s life. Noticing the spark of divine magic in the girl, the higher-ranking clerics of the temple decided to initiate her as a priestess. She learnt the healing and charm magic of a divine servant, but more importantly, she was privy to the most intimate rituals of the faith – the bonding rituals of sacred prostitutes, priestesses who allowed others to commune with the goddess through their bodies. She was trained trained in the arts of love as befitted a sacred prostitute.

As a follower of a passion and war deity, the moment she had heard of the war, Ashara had made her way to help Lady Yustissa’s army. She is both an entertainer to the troops and a healer of great skill, channelling her goddess’s beauty and passion into life energy.

Ashara had inherited the sun-kissed complexion of her nomad ancestors, along with unusually bright amber eyes. Her beauty is further enhanced by fiery red wavy hair of her mother. She has a lithe built and is surprisingly strong for someone of her posture. Most often she wears half-transparent red, pink and gold robes of her priesthood, but when it’s time for war, she is not afraid of donning a chainmail to protect her beautiful body from marring. She was trained in the goddess’s favoured weapon – a razored whip, hers painted in a way to look like a thread of the goddess’s firehair.

HP roll 3

A word about Ashara's goddess. I see Passion as a goddess of all passions in life, a patron of love, lust, anger, war, great sorrows and great joys; the fire-haired goddess of life and the final moments of life whose priestesses try to experience the whole spectrum of emotions, always on the lookout for new adventures (including sexual).

ererruz

Quote from: Ershin on April 18, 2014, 04:14:29 PM
Oh my goodness, E6 Pathfinder? "Bad ends" instead of death and risk of pregnancy? Curse my lack of online time for not finding this thread sooner!

Let's see, what all have been posted as character classes so far... Paladin, Wizard, Sorcerer, Fighter, Cleric. Geeze, lot of applicants for this, I might have come in way too late.
We could use a Rogue-ish character. Or a second divine spellcaster/healer if we do get separated into two teams, so that each team could have a healer.

FragarachZ

Quote from: Ershin on April 18, 2014, 04:14:29 PM

We're still taking character applications until the weekend is over. So far we have 5 characters, whom I'd be willing to keep in one group if nobody else applies. However if more people post characters, I'll seperate the crew into two smaller parties so we can keep things rolling, or pick whomever I like as the playgroup of N members.

And yes, the rune has drawn you all to me as it should. Updated my journal.
O&O

schnookums

I think I'm going to go with the swishbuckler concept (although I might lean a little more piratey in actual concept if that would fit?)

victoria4

<victoria thoroughly enjoys schnookums typo>   ;)

assleigh, I'm with you on enjoying the liberal use of traits & drawbacks to give game impact to character "colour", though I admit I can lose track of them if there are too many modifiers in play.
A real rogue might be handy, although our kind and generous DM (?) can of course take the party's composition into account when throwing obstacles at us.  I suppose this cuts both ways... no rogues?   Such a pity every door is locked and trapped.

assleigh

*giggles*

yes it's most important to keep your swish buckled at all times, don't want that thing just getting into everything, now do we?

My ONs and OFFs

schnookums

RubySlippers

Quote from: victoria4 on April 19, 2014, 12:18:05 AM
<victoria thoroughly enjoys schnookums typo>   ;)

assleigh, I'm with you on enjoying the liberal use of traits & drawbacks to give game impact to character "colour", though I admit I can lose track of them if there are too many modifiers in play.
A real rogue might be handy, although our kind and generous DM (?) can of course take the party's composition into account when throwing obstacles at us.  I suppose this cuts both ways... no rogues?   Such a pity every door is locked and trapped.

The Paladin has a Skeleton Key just in case, but traps could be an issue.

victoria4

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 19, 2014, 02:03:54 AM
The Paladin has a Skeleton Key just in case, but traps could be an issue.

Well I'll be...!   I've never seen that item before.  Smart!

For traps, my sorceress does have Disable Device, though with one rank in this non-class skill she's far more likely to do harm than good.  She just needed the skill to pass as an incompetent rogue.  But many traps can be bypassed or subverted in other ways.  Finding them, though... I suppose the Paladin will take the lead?   :-)

RubySlippers

Paladins are LG not stupid if your rescuing someone or need to get past a gate its not wrong to use a device to get past them. But we could use a proper rogue.

ererruz

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 19, 2014, 10:23:17 AM
Paladins are LN not stupid if your rescuing someone or need to get past a gate its not wrong to use a device to get past them. But we could use a proper rogue.
You mean, LG. And some of them surely are stupid! ;-) But if our paladin ever walks into a trap (or we use her as a trap disabling device...), my priestess can always heal her, so it's all good.

Miroque

And my somewhat gloomy wizard will encourage less bright members to lead by example and on the front....0

Ershin

Quote from: FragarachZ on April 18, 2014, 05:18:26 PM
We're still taking character applications until the weekend is over. So far we have 5 characters, whom I'd be willing to keep in one group if nobody else applies. However if more people post characters, I'll seperate the crew into two smaller parties so we can keep things rolling, or pick whomever I like as the playgroup of N members.

And yes, the rune has drawn you all to me as it should. Updated my journal.
Thanks for the confirmation re: end date for applications. Now if only I could think of what I'd want to play as, haha. I'm already playing a Rogue in another game and I don't really like too much overlap in what I play so... maybe a Bard as a backup healer/skillmonkey? Also might I be allowed to take the Trap Finder trait? Or would that be considered off the table since it's a campaign trait?

FragarachZ

Quote from: Ershin on April 19, 2014, 11:43:50 AM
I'm already playing a Rogue in another game and I don't really like too much overlap in what I play so... maybe a Bard as a backup healer/skillmonkey? Also might I be allowed to take the Trap Finder trait? Or would that be considered off the table since it's a campaign trait?

Sure, go ahead. The group would benefit from a skillful character character. Just keep in mind that the PCs are part of an army here, so she'd need some reason to be in a top military unit.
O&O

FragarachZ

Prophecies having fortold the coming of the savior, many claim to have witnessed the Lady Paladin perform miracles and succeed aggainst impossible odds. Regardless of the accuaracy of such reports, they helped her influence and popularity to grow until she became the leader of the greatest crusade in history. No longer viewed as a young woman, she became the icon people rally under to crush the beastmen threat.

Confirmed so far we have:
Miroque  ----------- Aleria, Arcane Scholar, Acolyte of the Arts
victoria4 ----------- Bremorel Silverkin, Half-elf Sorceress
ererruz  ------------ Ashara of Flames, Passion Priestess and Divine Prostitute
RubySlippers ------ Tevaga, Half-orc Paladin
assleigh ------------ Finna Stendahl, Viking Shieldmaiden

Players, please send me a PM of what type of sexual situations you are expecting and willing to participate in with your character in-game (including any offs you would like to avoid), as well as the following information: What does your character LOVE? What does your character HATE? What kind of sexual preference/experience does the character have? Does the character have any short or long term goals?

Still taking characters! I'll set up threads for this game and post the introduction tomorrow (Monday), so we can start once people are finished celebrating the holiday. Happy Easter to everyone!
O&O

Irolon

Looks interesting. Any way I can join as a straight-up fighter? I'll be making my character forthwith, after getting out of a train.

FragarachZ

You can apply a character, sure. Based on the final number of people I'll either organize multiple groups or pick people for one larger one.
O&O

Ershin

Ah, guess I ran out of time to build a character. Turned out to be a busy day. Good luck to all those who managed to get something done on time though!

schnookums

I'm sorry, this weekend has been pretty crazy for me (I worked all week, and then decided out of stupidity to do more work this weekend as well). I don't have the character sheet available but I'm going to go ahead and post the background, I hope that won't be a problem (I'll be able to post the sheet once I get home tomorrow).

Hunter had always been a bit of a dreamer growing up...it would be this sort of mindset that would entice her to run away from the farm to what she had hoped would be a more exciting life. Even so, it took a lot of courage to sign up on a ship of less than savory reputation. Luckily for her Hunter was "blessed" with a body that allowed her to pass as a younger boy, and the role of cabin boy was hers. She turned her hand at anything that any of them would teach her, from sailing to petty thievery to exotic fighting techniques. Her life was the adventure she had wanted...but she knew it couldn't last. She couldn't keep her identity secret forever, and more importantly there were things happening on the mainland that made her reconsider living a carefree life of casual piracy. It was her volunteering as an irregular that lead her to her current companions in the raid on the tower, where her skills in subterfuge and scouting will likely come in handy.

FragarachZ

Quote from: Ershin on April 20, 2014, 08:14:55 PM
Ah, guess I ran out of time to build a character. Turned out to be a busy day. Good luck to all those who managed to get something done on time though!

I'll let you submit a character late, since you liked my avatar ;)

Quote from: schnookums on April 21, 2014, 12:29:52 AM
I'm sorry, this weekend has been pretty crazy for me (I worked all week, and then decided out of stupidity to do more work this weekend as well). I don't have the character sheet available but I'm going to go ahead and post the background, I hope that won't be a problem (I'll be able to post the sheet once I get home tomorrow).

Hunter had always been a bit of a dreamer growing up...it would be this sort of mindset that would entice her to run away from the farm to what she had hoped would be a more exciting life. Even so, it took a lot of courage to sign up on a ship of less than savory reputation. Luckily for her Hunter was "blessed" with a body that allowed her to pass as a younger boy, and the role of cabin boy was hers. She turned her hand at anything that any of them would teach her, from sailing to petty thievery to exotic fighting techniques. Her life was the adventure she had wanted...but she knew it couldn't last. She couldn't keep her identity secret forever, and more importantly there were things happening on the mainland that made her reconsider living a carefree life of casual piracy. It was her volunteering as an irregular that lead her to her current companions in the raid on the tower, where her skills in subterfuge and scouting will likely come in handy.

Sounds good.
O&O

FragarachZ

IC thread ready to go.
OOC thread for communication and game discussions.
Character thread for sheets, character information and updates.

The five confirmed players, please post your character sheets in the character thread. When you're ready to start, feel free to post in the IC thread.

To those people who said they would submit a character, I'll still consider you if you post them here, but at this point I wont take new applications other than the people who have already expressed their interest. However, once the adventuring part of the story starts, you'll only be entering the story after the prologue is done.
O&O

RubySlippers

Need to spend some gold on supplies then I'll post. Thanks for accepting me.

Ershin

Quote from: FragarachZ on April 21, 2014, 05:16:41 PM
To those people who said they would submit a character, I'll still consider you if you post them here, but at this point I wont take new applications other than the people who have already expressed their interest. However, once the adventuring part of the story starts, you'll only be entering the story after the prologue is done.

Ah! I was just attempting to write up a background after finishing my character sheet and just happened to notice the announcement. Missed this by like an hour. Oh well, my own fault for being slightly lazy/doing the crunch before the fluff ~

Still! Good luck to all who got in, hope you and Frag have tons of fun together :D

schnookums

Okay, here goes with the character sheet, thank you for allowing me a bit of extra time:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Roll Result: schnookums rolled: 1d8
Comment: Hit Points
Result: 5,
Total: 5
Racial +2 added to Dex
Favored class bonus: +1 skill point

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=868488

I hope this is alright? Also, I can got with a less anime-ish avatar here...I was just having the worst time finding something good for a...er...flat chested heroine.

Irolon

FragarachZ

BUMP!

As of this post, applications are open again. We need new, active players who would like to commit to a long-term story heavy game and some fresh meat to the grinder interesting characters with well-rounded personalities, not restricted to females. But well-rounded bottoms and bosoms might result in positive discrimination during the selection process.  O:)
O&O

Ershin

Oh! This is open again? I'd love to apply for this, but I need to think on who and what to make (even with the class restrictions, with archetypes there's still a lot of choice on what to take). With that in mind, may I be so bold as to ask how long will applications be open for?

FragarachZ

I will say a week at minimum, likely two since our only active character who is in any shape to fight will be slow due to the player being occupied for a while. Ideally, as soon as our group moves past the current plot point - where they are trapped in a tower I can introduce new player characters to the group. Getting past this plot point can happen in one of two ways: complete and escape the dungeoncrawl or get captured and raped - in which case they have the option of making new characters well if they wish to.

I would really like to keep this game alive and running, as the plot that serves as the backbone of the campaign goes long-term. This means either finding a dedicated, committed group (my preference) or a rotating cast with different parties playing different adventures withing the setting, episodically. This second option would also mean keeping applications open indefinitely, so people could always express interest for the next chapter.
O&O

Miroque

this game being E6, there is no real need to long character history, as the characters are disposable goods anyway (starting level2, meens 1 crit can finish off anyone).

Ps:  FragarachZ, if your in AIM.. we could get the conversation speeded up.. and post the result..

iridum248

Hmmm, I have to admit; I'm rather interested in this. I'd love to play as a Ranger of some kind...Or perhaps a Sorceress? Either would work.

Alternatively, a Paladin or a Fighter. I'm better at straightforward classes, admittedly.

Here's my Paladin's character sheet.

Background

The House of Arcus, a minor house of modest worth along the Western territories of Yranur, has a long tradition of sending their sons and daughters into the teeth of whatever brushfire war the kingdom faces each generation. Invariably possessed of more courage than insight, at least one Knight of Arcus has perished on a regular basis, usually (But not always) while doing something heroic.

Lady Lucille von Arcus is the latest in that storied tradition; A Paladiness of the Argent Shroud, she's recently completed her training at the Chapel-Monastery...And is now bound, inevitably, for the frontlines. As the youngest daughter of the House - Which has now fallen upon hard times - she seeks glory, excitement, and a way to revitalize her house's flagging fortunes.

She's not a Paladiness of particular distinction; In fact, compared to the worthies that have joined the conflict, Lady Lucille is stunningly, unmistakeably adequate. Slightly more intelligent than her ancestors, she's still rather impetuous and more than a little over her head - As a Paladin, she's actually quite easygoing, despite her noble birth, and is rather approachable. Her best qualities are her skill with her greatsword and her beauty; She is, however, admittedly quite vain, glory-hungry, naive and generally fond of associating with the 'lower classes'.

It's quite possible that she sees this all as a intriguing and amusing experience, with the kind of aristocratic obliviousness that has marked her forefathers. This kind of rarefied mentality has given her an endless fascination with things outside the usual (and rather pampered) scope of her experiences so far; She's drawn to the perverse, the taboo and the gross - They're so quaint, after all!

edit: Changed the image to something more appropriate.

Ershin

Say FragarachZ, may I make an Invulnerable Rager Barbarian, or would you class that archetype as being a little too much for E6, considering the Barbarian's capstone feat is DR1/- and this would give DR3/- at level 5? I'll probably make a Barbarian regardless (because rage powers are fun, even though access to the higher level ones are cut off) but I thought I'd just clear this matter of the archetype up with you first before I went ahead and did it.

FragarachZ

You can go ahead and pick the archetype if you like. I have ways other than HP to wither down characters :)
O&O

Anathanasia

This seems very much like the rarest of animals, a group game that checks off a great many of my, um...interests? ;)

I'll need to brush up on the E6 rules (got a bookmark here somewhere...) and check out the game threads, but with a little luck character might be easy(-ish).

I'll try to get a character submitted by the weekend, at any rate, once I get a chance to look through the archives and see what might work with some polish and a shoe-horn. If nothing, then a new one. I'm never short on ideas; it's usually picking just one that trips me up.
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

FragarachZ

Quote from: iridum248 on June 19, 2014, 02:06:23 AM
Hmmm, I have to admit; I'm rather interested in this. I'd love to play as a Ranger of some kind...Or perhaps a Sorceress? Either would work.

Alternatively, a Paladin or a Fighter. I'm better at straightforward classes, admittedly.

edit: Here's my Paladin's character sheet.

Background

The House of Arcus, a minor house of modest worth along the Western territories of Yranur, has a long tradition of sending their sons and daughters into the teeth of whatever brushfire war the kingdom faces each generation. Invariably possessed of more courage than insight, at least one Knight of Arcus has perished on a regular basis, usually (But not always) while doing something heroic.

Lady Lucille von Arcus is the latest in that storied tradition; A Paladiness of the Argent Shroud, she's recently completed her training at the Chapel-Monastery...And is now bound, inevitably, for the frontlines. As the youngest daughter of the House - Which has now fallen upon hard times - she seeks glory, excitement, and a way to revitalize her house's flagging fortunes.

She's not a Paladiness of particular distinction; In fact, compared to the worthies that have joined the conflict, Lady Lucille is stunningly, unmistakeably adequate. Slightly more intelligent than her ancestors, she's still rather impetuous and more than a little over her head - As a Paladin, she's actually quite easygoing, despite her noble birth, and is rather approachable. Her best qualities are her skill with her greatsword and her beauty; She is, however, admittedly quite vain, glory-hungry, naive and generally fond of associating with the 'lower classes'.

It's quite possible that she sees this all as a intriguing and amusing experience, with the kind of aristocratic obliviousness that has marked her forefathers. This kind of rarefied mentality has given her an endless fascination with things outside the usual (and rather pampered) scope of her experiences so far; She's drawn to the perverse, the taboo and the gross - They're so quaint, after all!

Iri! Haven't seen you on the forum in a while. Hope you've been all the right kinds of busy! ;) Welcome to my humble universe where cuddly plushies like to hug nice girls who are tired by playing all day!

Looking at that character, she kind of looks familiar somehow...

By the way, we're trying not to use manga/anime art on this game, sticking with western art or actual pictures for reference material on characters and places. It's to go with the setting that is based on a western fantasy world.

Quote from: Anathanasia on June 19, 2014, 01:13:57 PM
This seems very much like the rarest of animals, a group game that checks off a great many of my, um...interests? ;)

I'll need to brush up on the E6 rules (got a bookmark here somewhere...) and check out the game threads, but with a little luck character might be easy(-ish).

I'll try to get a character submitted by the weekend, at any rate, once I get a chance to look through the archives and see what might work with some polish and a shoe-horn. If nothing, then a new one. I'm never short on ideas; it's usually picking just one that trips me up.

Thanks for expressing your... interest :P I like your ideas in your threads linked in your signature. I think you would fit in well into this campaign! Looking forward to seeing your application.

E6 rules super easy: max level is 6 but you keep gaining feats beyond that. That's pretty much it.
O&O

Autocad

Expressing interest. Will get an application up over the weekend - probably a divine caster of some sort.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Autocad

Sofia the Red, Human Druid

Sofia is a young druid from the northern reaches of the Untamed Lands, where the grassy plains give way to tundra and ice. Her moniker is thanks to the red blanket she wears. She has a pet polar bear cub named Weist, whom she saved from an orca attack that left the baby cub orphaned and has been raising herself ever since.

On her 25th birthday, she read the aurora lights in the northernmost corners of Aussa, the way that astrologers would read the stars. What she learned disturbed her greatly, for far in the south events had been set in motion that would determine the fate of the world, with far-reaching consequences that not even the Untamed Lands' isolation would spare it from. Even more disturbingly, written in the lights were hints of her own deeds and influence, not specific enough for her to read the future, but clear enough to her that she would have a part to play in it. Thus doom-driven, she began her long trek south, taking nobody but Weist with her, following the stars towards her destiny and her role to play in the events to come. It was a year later that she finally arrived at her destination, just at the exact time that fate meant for her to start participating and shaping the future...

Down south far from the expanses of her homeland with only Weist as her friend (for now), and having traveled through wilderness avoiding towns in her long journey, Sofia is uncertain of the local ways and customs. She is wary of strangers for they might be trying to take advantage of her, yet desperate to make new acquaintances and friends at the same time. As a druid, Sofia refuses to wear any armour or wield any weapon that has a metal component. Trinkets and jewelry made of metal are an exception, if they possess power without which she would be unable to carry out her doom, though she would don such items only reluctantly.

Having observed nature most of her life, Sofia is by no means unaware of sex, and she herself is not a virgin, though she does not see the appeal in such an act for non-reproductive purposes. The few times she tried it in her teenage years, when her path crossed with a nomadic tribe, she would experimentally share a tent with a boy around her own age. The older tribesmen, with whom things might have turned out differently, didn't try to bed her out of respect for and fear of the circles of the druids, and besides, let the lucky boy have his fun and become a man! In the night, she would lie still while the inexperienced lad, who was probably doing this for the first time, fumbled around inside her and finished in a matter of minutes. The paths of druid and tribe would inevitably diverge come the next day and as often as not she would never see him again. Such experiences understandably left her less than impressed with the act overall, never thinking that perhaps his and her inexperience had something to do with it, and she came to the conclusion that the male enjoyed his fun while the female lay there and endured it. Female animals were driven by heat, but human women had no such season, and so she eventually stopped doing it.

Sofia

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=933324

Weist, Polar Bear cub, Sofia's animal companion

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=934115

FragarachZ

I know this doesn't apply to everyone but for those whom it goes: can you please use western art instead of manga for characters? The colorful/cute anime-like depictions don't quite go with what I had in mind with this game.

Characters are looking good so far!
O&O

iridum248

I'll admit, it's surprisingly difficult to find good Western art. I did manage to locate some, eventually, though.

All of these look appropriate for a lady knight. I think I like the first and second ones best, though. 

Miroque

problem is that there was no lady knights... for obivious reasons. but try some Joan de arc pics?

Muse

Or look for modern fantasy artists, like Clyde Cadwel--if you don't mind them skimpy.  :) 

Still need a bit more gear and backstory, and a picture, but here she is. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fPBIRWpSaji0DErPgiKIPD6D2sUS4fPl-Bpwj5XZTEY/edit#
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

FragarachZ

Sorry, I forgot to put the old information in strikethrough...
New characters roll starting gold as if they were rolled freshly level 1, they won't have the army provisioning of picking just any equipment within their starting wealth.
O&O

Anathanasia

Kayerie Greenwood

Orientation: Bi, slight preference for men

Race: Half-Elf
Class and Level: Ranger (Skirmisher/Wild Shadow) 2
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Background
Kayerie grew up near a small village just south of the Yranur border, essentially making her home a part of the Free City-States. In truth, the small town was mostly left to fend for itself, selling lumber and hunting the surrounding forest. The secluded valley Kayerie grew up in was fairly close to the Beast Lands, not right next to it, but close enough that they grew used to dealing with raiders. The villages isolation and poverty did keep traffic to a minimum, but they learned to be wary, to keep scouts in the forest and train all able bodies in the village to fight, going a step beyond simple training to actually organizing a village militia.
   Kayerie's mother spent a lovely afternoon with a passing elf scout, just a couple of pleasant hours, deep in the forest, after a chance encounter. Months later, Kayerie was born, an outcast from the start, with her pointed ears and violet eyes.
   Though not truly ostracized,  Kayerie and her mother lived in a small, secluded cabin east of the village mill, deeper in the forest. Kayerie was taught to hunt, fish, and fight, by her mother, who'd learned from her own parents and grandparents, the family having deep roots in the unnamed little village. Eventually, Kayerie earned the grudging respect of her fellows, for her strength and woodscraft,  as well as her combat skills.
   After her mother, now fairly old by human standards, passed away after a short illness, Kayerie felt there was nothing more keeping her in a village where she was only tolerated. Packing her meager belongings, she set off for no place in particular, giving in to her latent wanderlust, her only goal to find adventure where the wind took her.

Sexual Experience:
Kayerie is pretty far removed from a virgin, despite her isolated upbringing. Her exotic looks, especially her eyes, and the fact that parents would never approve of her as a match, made her an attractive partner for the young men, and some young women, of her village. Kayerie was never promiscuous enough to really be considered a slut by any real measure, but she's had a few lovers, most of them men.

She has a slight preference for males, especially big, strong and muscular men, men who can physically challenge her, even overpower her. This due to her secret submissive streak, something she's not even conscious of.

Her taste in female partners is more focused, Kayerie preferring her women pretty and girly.

Description and Personality

Height: 5'8”
Weight: 135 lbs.
Figure: Athletic; slim like an elf, but with more defined muscles, like a human
Skin: Pale, almost a silvery cream
Hair: Autumn red
Eyes: Pale violet

Kayerie is a lovely young woman, appearing more as a human in her late teens at first glance. She has the slim body of an elf, but with more of the generous bosom and hips of an athletic human woman, as well as the more muscular build. Her face is pretty, but not so delicate as her fathers people, though Kayerie's ears are slightly pointed, and her skin the flawless and hairless, alabaster perfection, common to certain elven races.

Personality:
   Outgoing and spontaneous are traits that have often been ascribed to Kayerie. Perhaps in spite of how she was treated growing up, because she couldn't help but stand out due to the elven blood in her veins, Kayerie is much more extroverted than one might expect. She tends to trust her instincts, which can get her into difficult situations, and often doesn't take the time to think things through fully. She can likewise be impatient, sometimes even temperamental if she feels it's time to act while others are still deliberating.
   She can be flirty, rarely feeling the need to hide her sexuality if she's interested in someone. Again, her impatience plays a part, and Kayerie won't linger if it doesn't seem like the attraction is mutual. At least, she's yet to find someone who would make her want to linger.

Sheet

STR: 15 (+2)
DEX: 14 (+2)
CON: 13 (+1)
INT: 10
WIS: 12 (+1)
CHA: 12 (+1)

BAB: +2    Hit Points: 19   Initiative: +3
AC: 16       Touch: 13   Flat-Footed: 13
CMB: +4   CMD: 17   XP: 1300
Fort: +4       Ref: +5      Will: +1

Attacks:
Greatsword: +4 to hit, 2d6+3 dmg, crit 19-20x2, 8 lbs., type S
Dagger (x2): +4 to hit, 1d4+2 dmg, crit 19-20x2, rng 10', 1 lb., type P or S
Short bow: +4 to hit, 1d6, crit 20x3, rng 60', 2 lbs., Ammo: x20 arrows (3 lbs)

Protection:
Studded Leather: Armour +3, Max Dex +5, Check -1, Speed 30, Wt. 20 lbs.

Traits:
Ambush Training: You gain a +1 trait bonus on initiative checks and a +1 trait bonus on weapon damage rolls during any surprise round in which you act.

Regional Recluse: You gain a +1 trait bonus on Survival checks and Orc as a bonus language.

Feats:
1. Dodge: +1 dodge bonus to AC
1. (racial bonus) Skill Focus: Acrobatics +3
2. (bonus combat style) Cleave: Make an additional attack if the first one hits

Special Abilities:
Favoured Enemy (Humanoid, Orc) (Ex): +2 bonus on Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival checks against creatures of his selected type. +2 bonus on weapon attack and damage rolls against them. A ranger may make Knowledge skill checks untrained when attempting to identify these creatures.

Track (Ex): +1 on Survival checks to follow tracks in urban areas, +2 in wilderness.

Wild At Heart (Ex): At 1st level, a wild shadow adds only 1/2 his class level when making wild empathy checks while in urban areas, and adds only 1/4 his class level to follow or identify tracks in such areas. In non-urban settings, he is considered two levels higher when determining the bonuses for such checks. This ability alters the track and wild empathy class features.

Combat Style Feat (Ex): Two-Handed Style (see above for feats)

Racial Abilities:
Elven Immunities: Half-elves are immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects.
Adaptability: Half-elves receive Skill Focus as a bonus feat at 1st level.
Keen Senses: Half-elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
Low-Light Vision: Half-elves can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
Elf Blood: Half-elves count as both elves and humans for any effect related to race.
Multitalented: Half-elves choose two favored classes at first level and gain +1 hit point or +1 skill point whenever they take a level in either one of those classes.

Skills: <skill +total (ranks + ability + misc)>
Acrobatics* +6 (1 +2 dex +3 feat), Climb +6 (1 +2 str), Heal +5 (1 +1 wis), Intimidate +5 (1 +1 cha), Kn. Geography +4 (1), Kn. Nature +4 (1), Perception +8 (2 +1 wis +2 racial), Prof. Fishing +5 (1 +1 wis), Stealth +7 (2 +2 dex), Survival +7 (2 +1 wis +1 trait), Swim +6 (1 +2 str)
* not a class skill

Equipment:
Gear:
Ranger's Kit (9gp, 28 lbs): This includes a backpack, a bedroll, a belt pouch, a flint and steel, iron pot, mess kit, rope, torches (10), trail rations (5 days), and a waterskin.
Fishing Kit (5sp, 3 lbs): This kit includes a simple fishing pole and a small box that contains fishing tackle (hooks, lines, sinkers, floats, and lures).
Grappling Hook (1gp, 4 lbs), Piton x6 (1sp ea, 1/2 lb ea), Small Steel Mirror (10gp, 1/2 lb), Soap (1cp, 1/2 lb), Water Proof Bag (for rations and unsealed alchemicals; 5sp, 1/2 lb), Waterskin (an extra one; 1gp, 4 lbs full)
Alchemical:
Deodorizing Agent (30gp), Scent Cloak (20 gp, 2 lbs)
Encumberance: Weapons and armour: 35 lbs, Gear: 45.5 lbs; Total 80.5 lbs
Medium load with gear (+3 max dex, -3 check penalty), light once she drops her backpack

Wealth: (started with 190 gold)
Total: 7gp, 3sp, 9cp

Muse

Name:      Nixi Taelsedrin
Alignment:   Lawful Good
Class:      Wizard (Evoker) 2
Birthday:      
height:      5’5”
Weight:      125
Measures:    36” D, 24” 30”
Skin:      Lightly tanned.     
Hair:         Rich, dark red with purple highlights.  When she casts spells, it goes completely purple in the blue light. 
Eyes:      Purple   
Style:      Gauzy purple skit open in the front.  Blue and purple boots that go almost all the way up her legs.  A matching top that’s open over the belly and cleavage, but cinches shut under a medallion beneath the cleavage and over the pelvis. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fPBIRWpSaji0DErPgiKIPD6D2sUS4fPl-Bpwj5XZTEY/edit#

Phaia

I may be interested in this but have never done a E6 format so a couple of questions if i could
I am considering a druid could I use a feat to gain an extra wildshape a day? [I know no such feat exsists but for this it would be very useful]....as an example a witch would not be limited in the hexs since she could take the extra hex feat.

I was reading up and theer were some special feats listed that allowed you to improve an ability by +2 [ once for each ability] will those be allowed?

would you mind a dual class character? I am also thinking of sorcerer[wildblooded]/druid hybred with 2 animal companions

Phaia

Ershin

Shoot, how much time do we have left to get our applications in? I made a sheet within minutes of seeing your post approving the archetype I was hoping to use, but then real life intervened and I've yet to actually be able to write her a background (though not for lack of trying, stuff just seemed to interrupt me over the past week whenever I was actually able to write)

FragarachZ

Quote from: Phaia on June 25, 2014, 12:07:12 AM
I may be interested in this but have never done a E6 format so a couple of questions if i could
I am considering a druid could I use a feat to gain an extra wildshape a day? [I know no such feat exsists but for this it would be very useful]....as an example a witch would not be limited in the hexs since she could take the extra hex feat.

I was reading up and theer were some special feats listed that allowed you to improve an ability by +2 [ once for each ability] will those be allowed?

would you mind a dual class character? I am also thinking of sorcerer[wildblooded]/druid hybred with 2 animal companions

Phaia

You can't take nonexisting or 3rd party feats. Wild shape is by far more useful then hex or any other class feature that have "extra" feats, just for the versatility and incredible duration it has. 2 per day at level six would already be a legendary feat to pull off.

The ability training and improvement feats from E6 are allowed, but can be taken only one for each ability yes.

You can multiclass your character as long as it serves the purpose the the character's theme and not game mechanics. You are still capped at level 6 so if you multiclass too much your overall effectiveness in each class will be limited, so I would advise against doing so. However, it's not forbidden as long as it makes sense within the story.

Quote from: Ershin on June 25, 2014, 02:24:07 AM
Shoot, how much time do we have left to get our applications in? I made a sheet within minutes of seeing your post approving the archetype I was hoping to use, but then real life intervened and I've yet to actually be able to write her a background (though not for lack of trying, stuff just seemed to interrupt me over the past week whenever I was actually able to write)

You still have time. I don't have a definite deadline, but I will post a week in advance before I plan on closing applications.
O&O

Eobelle

I am interested in this game, the defeat mechanic sounds a bit like Heroine Crisis (which I may run a game of at some point). 

I am most interested in a bard or rouge type character, probably an Elf or Half-Elf.  I'll have to check out the E6 rule-set though before I decide on anything.

I am recently back from a rather long hiatus, but if you will have me, I'd love to play.

Faeli

Ooh!  Over here!  I'm interested!

I'll be posting an actual character later.  Rawr?

Phaia

i have ben looking for guides to E6 and found this discussion

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2kv7y?E6-for-Pathfinder

Is there something else you use as a guide to feats?

Phaia

FragarachZ

I'm leaning a bit toward not including the capstone feats, since pathfinder does a good job at encouraging staying single-class (or mostly so) IMO.

Item creation feats can be taken even if they require a caster level above 6th, but in such cases they will now require a CL of 6 to take. For item creation you still need all the required spells and materials so you won't be really able to go crazy with it, so I'd encourage taking other feats, but if someone is interested in playing a crafter we could always arrange for some extra funds or materials to wander into the game. Of course with a challange that needs to be overcome first :)

O&O

Phaia

http://p6codex.com/AbridgedP6CodexV0p2.pdf

found this and its free and open scource and is designed for E6/P6 games!!
This seems really well done and explains a lot and how things work!

Phaia

FragarachZ

O&O

Phaia

do i get a special shiny shiny for finding that?  :P :P

Phaia

Faeli

((Hopefully that is enough not-manga.
If not:))
alternate img
Wisp

Orientation: Bi, strong preference for women

Race: Dusk Elf
Class and Level: Fighter 2
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral trending towards Good
Bio:  Wisp never managed to do anything right.  From the start, the woman was born a dusk elf and, thus, was automatically assumed to be naturally gifted in the magical arts.  She wasn't, which led to the few other Dusk Elves she knew to scoff and belittle her, while the other elves just saw her as different... and somehow broken.  Wisp led a childhood devoted to trying to make friends but ultimately only getting to know people who enjoyed putting her down to build themselves up, she was an easy target and, while she didn't exactly have a happy childhood, she likewise didn't have a terrible one either.

However, as Wisp hit puberty, it was quickly discovered that the magical ability which her parents had feared was latent was actually simply uncontrolled.  While Wisp's conscious mind lacked some key mental nuance - some synapse to control and dictate the flow of her mental energies, Wisp's subconscious mind proved itself quite up to the task, and all too often the secret urges, shames, angers, and embarrassments which plagued the young elves' thoughts during her waking hours invaded the dreams of those she most thought about and made themselves all too apparent.  Her friends, what few she had, would see the dark secrets which Wisp so ardently sought to keep from them, her tormenters would find themselves in continual nightmares where they were punished for their scornful words and actions, and the cute little elfin maids who Wisp would secretly fantasize about found themselves in passion-filled rendezvouses with the elf.

Many didn't mind.  More assumed the dreams to be actual dreams and simply ignored them, as embarrassed about having them as Wisp would ultimately be about sending them.  Enough knew the truth, and a shameful truth has a way of spreading.  All to soon the rumors of "Wispy the Dream-Rapist" and other such nicknames began to spread around.

At first, Wisp's parents and the elders tried to help her, but as she continued to be obstinately unable to master even the most rudimentary aspects of the arcane, her tutors began to suspect that the problem was not an inability to learn, it was an unwillingness too.  As time went on, and Wisp continued to subconsciously extract her nighttime vengances, trysts, and confessions, the demands of the people to do something grew and, eventually, the decision was made to get rid of the unteachable elfling.  In one of the most contested decisions in council history, Wisp became the first elf in recent history to be issued a revokable banishment, an order forcing her to leave elven lands until she could control her nocturnal powers. 

Leaving her home, the elf began to wander.  She stayed fairly mobile, moving from inn to inn, from campground to campground.  She never dared stay in one place long for, while the humans would largely be ignorant of her powers, the fact she was the one showing up in their dreams would allow them to catch on awfully quick...

Goals:  Wisp ultimately wants to find a way to control her dream-speaking.  While she absolutely loves being able to have her way with so many cute girls (and the occasional boy) she still misses her home and would like to be able to be able to turn it off or, even better, to have more control over what actually occurs in the dreams. 

Personality:  Wisp is naive.  She honestly don't quite understand why anyone would be upset about having a steamy sex-dream, and as for the vengeance dream well... those people were jerks!  She doesn't really want to hurt anyone and she finds the title 'dream rapist' to be monstrously unfair.  She certainly cares more about herself than other people but, who doesn't?  Still, she is loyal to others once she determines them to be worth the effort.  She tends to think of herself as not very smart and won't really argue if insulted and will often accept the plan of another as inherently better than hers, and she has a bad habit of filling silence with whatever happens to be going through her mind at the moment.

Mannerisms:  Wisp has a very very low sense of self-confidence.  She tends to fill any awkward situation with a joke and has a natural impulse to avert her eyes rather than look at somebody straight.  While she doesn't really understand why her dream-powers are bad, she has accepted that they are since so many people seem to think so, and so likewise accepts any punishment or anger towards her is probably justified.  She really likes sugar.

Sexual Experience:  She is, technically, a virgin still.  While she has had every lewd and passionate exchange with others within their dreams, she has never really gotten physical in the real world.  She was once forced to give head to a boy, however, which may be the reason she prefers girls.

OOC Notes:  Firstly, the Dreamspeak ability is pretty specific that the dreamer cannot influence the dream, and so any PC (or NPC) affected by Wisp has to consent.  Most people are somewhat curious about sex, particularly during their teenage and twenty-something years, and so the backstory takes it for granted that Wisp's targets subconsciously consented, making a situation their conscious mind was shocked and confused to see happening.  Still, let me be clear that any PC that would have nothing to do with Wisp will not be dream-mollestable.

Secondly, I realize that Wisp's story seems really focused on her, but let me outright state that I don't expect or even want Wisp to be the star of the show.  There is an overarching story here and, if accepted, Wisp's dream-shenanigans would occupy a post or two during time the party was sleeping.  I don't want them to slow down the real story, particularly since they would be a story told between two party members while all the others had to sit and wait for it to end.

Thirdly... if you read all this way and are wondering where Wisp's character sheet is: Her name at the very top is a hyperlink  :)

Phaia

Are there any limitations on the traits we can take? Besides 3 max [with a drawback]?

Phaia

FragarachZ

Just the usual: don't pick two of the same category and no campaign feats without consulting the DM about it first.
O&O

Autocad

I should probably repick my traits to be more roleplay-y and less powergamy.  :P

Eobelle

I'm redacting my interest... it seems that pregnancy is going to be more of a thing in this game than matches my needs, and I haven't played pathfinder nearly often enough.

FragarachZ

Quote from: Eobelle on June 26, 2014, 02:32:17 AM
I'm redacting my interest... it seems that pregnancy is going to be more of a thing in this game than matches my needs, and I haven't played pathfinder nearly often enough.

Only as much as you're okay with. If you're willing to take your character to any lengths then yes, it's in the deck. If not, then there will be enough opportunities to avoid that situation.
O&O

Autocad

I'm just curious how long it will take the current group to finish up at the rate they're going, so us new players can join in?

Robyn Hood

I've been away for a bit but have interest in this type of game. Is there still time to get in?

FragarachZ

We are pretty much at the final confrontation of this chapter finally. I'd say maybe now's the time to give the one week mark, so for those who didn't post a character description and sheet yet, you have until next weekend (July 5-6). It might take less or more time based on player actions and activity and how resolving the conflict goes, but for now I'll set the end date as July 5.
In case it takes longer, I'll extend the applications duration as well.
O&O

Melkart

I'm interested in joining this game. I've had a great time reading the different threads.

Are there slots opened for new players?

I'm not familiar with Pathfinder system role play but this can be easily solved with some reading.

Ershin

(Background, goals and personality to be expanded and completed)

Samedi Métayer
http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=13577

Or Maybe...
Orientation: Bi, no preference
Class and Level: Barbarian 2 (Invulnerable Rager archetype)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Background
Samedi was born in southern region of the Untamed Lands seventeen years ago, four days after the winter solstice as a result of the union between the chieftain of the Deerstalker tribe's youngest son (probably) and Cassandra Métayer, a merchant whose caravan had been set upon by the ferocious beasts of the northern lands only to be rescued by the tribe's hunters. Well... "rescued" could be one way of saying it, "taken as a prize for a successful hunt" would be another. While reluctant to join the tribe and add fresh blood initially, several decades and six children sired mostly by different fathers later Samedi would say her mother seemed rather docile about the arrangement. She has often wondered why she was given the name of her mother's clan, but in the end it's not like it matters too much.

As part of the Chieftain's lineage (most likely), Samedi was spared the fate of her mother and trained in hunting and combat by her father and uncles from what might as well have been the first time she could stand and walk by herself. At age thirteen during her rite of majority she successfully hunted and killed a great stag by herself, and two years ago at age fifteen she dealt the killing blow to  a bear that attacked the hunting party she was part of. As a reward, she was permitted to keep its hide which she wears draped about her shoulders to this day.

During the war against the Beastmen, the Deerstalker tribe were one of those who pledged their service to Lady Yustissa's alliance, for no other reason than to prove their worth against the great foe that lay beyond the seas to the west, as this was seen as one of the greatest hunts of them all. While prior to the war Samedi would have been content to stay in the lands her tribe used as seasonal hunting grounds, she follows the will of her Chieftain and joined the southerners in battle against the beasts.

Goals
The legends of the Deerstalker tribe tell of the first days of their people who were named for their pursuit of the four great stags that were said to make their home at the base of the World Tree, Dáinn, Dvalinn, Duneyrr, and Duraþrór. It has been said that the founder of the tribe spent the entire course of his life hunting these four beasts, as his mother was said to have tracked them while he was still in her womb and his sons carried him atop a palanquin while in search of them in his dying days. The reason for the great hunt has been lost to the ages, but it is a tradition that the Deerstalkers continue, though the stags haven't been even been rumoured to have been seen in over a century.
As part of the tribe, Samedi's ultimate goal is to locate the stags and slay them, even if the original purpose for doing so has long been lost to antiquity.

In the short term, however, she sees the threat of the beastmen as a way to prove her worthiness, as she believes the great stags will only appear to those who show strength and conviction and as such will do all she can to show her might.

Personality
In short, Samedi is brash. She shows none of the mannerisms of the 'polite' or 'civilised' world in her speech, preferring to stay informal. As a hunter she has learned the art of waiting and observing, which has forged the vicious temper she once showed as a youth (likely as a result of having to bare her mother's name) and shown her to not judge others too quickly. Simply wait and observe... see if they are who they seem to be when you first meet them. First impressions are often misleading. She has also learned from early expeditions to watch the back of her team, to watch out and take care of others as best she can.

Sexual Experience
None - Samedi is a virgin. The men of her clan feared repurcussions from the Chieftain's son for touching his daughter, and since going out into the world she's been able to fend off the unwanted advances of men who wish to claim her as her mother had been. That isn't to say that she isn't without passions. While no act of penetration has occurred, due to the open attitude towards affection of her people Samedi can at least attest to have spent sessions of kissing and fondling both men and women in her tribe, and has fantasised about others she has come across in her travels.

Miroque

Ershin

Quote from: Miroque on June 29, 2014, 10:05:40 AM
Samedi

I see no mention of an 87. Surely your eyes must have been deceived by some form of devilry, for I couldn't possibly have made an error when typing.
*shifty eyes*

;D

Miroque

So challenge stands... noone has yet to make minsmeat from the maestro :)

FragarachZ

Quote from: Ershin on June 29, 2014, 10:17:29 AM
I see no mention of an 87. Surely your eyes must have been deceived by some form of devilry, for I couldn't possibly have made an error when typing.
*shifty eyes*

;D

Hehehe...devilry indeed...heheheh  >:)
O&O

Ershin

Quote from: FragarachZ on June 29, 2014, 11:26:29 AM
Hehehe...devilry indeed...heheheh  >:)
Well it was either that or the influence of the rune of Torment.

FragarachZ

Oh, that only draws people to me... people who's characters are to suffer the horrors of captivity and horny monsters if they lose  O:)
O&O

Ershin

Are you sure that's not just because of the promise for their characters to suffer horrors, horny monsters etc? Because that's a pretty good draw in and of itself.

Anathanasia

Quote from: FragarachZ on June 29, 2014, 11:38:15 AM
Oh, that only draws people to me... people who's characters are to suffer the horrors of captivity and horny monsters if they lose  O:)

Quote from: Ershin on June 29, 2014, 11:43:40 AM
Are you sure that's not just because of the promise for their characters to suffer horrors, horny monsters etc? Because that's a pretty good draw in and of itself.

Wait...I mean, just hold on a second here people!

Are we going to actually try to win the encounters?  :o

FragarachZ

Only if you roleplay your characters. Why would they want to lose?
O&O

iridum248

QuoteWait...I mean, just hold on a second here people!

Are we going to actually try to win the encounters?

Well, of course. But while you want to win, I've found that a girl can have plenty of fun on the side...The kind she might just be able to get away with, if she's careful!

Anathanasia

Quote from: FragarachZ on June 29, 2014, 11:08:17 PM
Only if you roleplay your characters. Why would they want to lose?

Don't you logic at me! :P

Seriously? Well, of course not! Losing, with these sorts of consequences, is only more fun when you try not to! A good fight scene can be a little like foreplay. ;)

Ershin

So. So far the applications are;
Iridium with a Paladin,
Autocad with a Druid,
Anathanasia with a Ranger,
Muse with a Wizard,
Faeli with a Fighter,
and some jerk with a Barbarian.
(apologies if I missed anyone)

Mind if I ask how many spaces are currently being recruited for? Because if the answer is "less than the number of applicants" I really don't envy you for having to choose who to take.
I especially like Faeli's Wisp, the dream aspect of her background looks really interesting.

FragarachZ

Two or three spots. More if existing players choose to drop. Anyone encouraging such activity however shall be smitten with a +4 battleaxe or flaming longsword. (Other uses of my rod of lordly might will remain private until further notice.)
O&O

FragarachZ

I said this weekend was a deadline, so keeping to that here's the results for the new party members:

+ Kayerie Greenwood, half-elf ranger played by Anathanasia (can I shorten your name in the future please?) 
+ Samedi Métayer, barbarian beauty played by Ershin.

Welcome to the team :)

Until I can introduce you to the story nothing is final, so if either of you change your minds I'll pick another applicant in your place. Since Samedi's background states that she joined the army, I can introduce her right away IC. Kayerie on the other hand can come in later either as a traveler coming across the party or a prisoner they meet. If you have ideas or suggestions about how you'd like to join in, tell me and we can work something out.
O&O

Ershin

Oh my! Thank you very much for giving me the opportunity to join the game FragarachZ, I really appreciate it, the story so far looks like it's been a lot of fun, so I can't wait to see what the group gets up to next.

Anathanasia

No, you have to type the whole thing out each and every time, FragarachZ! ;)

Well, Ana is fine, I guess. :)

Thanks for having me. As to character introductions, I'm pretty flexible. Whatever gets me playing sooner, so whatever scenario avails itself works fine for me.

FragarachZ

Can you two copy your character descriptions, sheet/links to sheet into the character thread for this game? That's where we keep track of characters, level up rolls, etc. Also in the future I will adress you in the OOC thread or in PM :)

Quote from: Anathanasia on July 07, 2014, 12:15:49 AM
No, you have to type the whole thing out each and every time, FragarachZ! ;)

Well, Ana is fine, I guess. :)

Thanks for having me. As to character introductions, I'm pretty flexible. Whatever gets me playing sooner, so whatever scenario avails itself works fine for me.

Thanks, you can call me (Dungeon) Master, or Sir for short ;)
...or FragZ will do if you feel like being informal.
O&O