Interest Check - Me and My Monster/Me and My Human

Started by Idlewyld, August 09, 2014, 06:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdwardShane

Quote from: Idlewyld on August 15, 2014, 06:04:26 PM
The characters are awesome! You can put them up in the OOC once I get it set up. However, by Weakness, I mean a specific weakness which causes her penalties - like light for a vampire or silver for a werewolf. All monsters have to have one.

OHHHH okay, I gotcha now!  I wasn't positive, but I'll figure it out and edit it right in, in that case :)  Glad you like my characters!

Kunoichi

If anyone would like any help with character creation or getting a handle on the rules, I'm available to help. ^^

Idlewyld

Same obviously goes here. Please feel free to PM me if you want any help.

ShanaTheIV

Idlewyld

Quote from: ShanaTheIV on August 18, 2014, 07:58:43 PM
Are there any bi/lesbian chars so far?

Well, at least one of the female characters seems like she had some experiences so far - I'd recommend you check out the sheets on the OOC page and contact the other players. If nothing else, I'm sure I could write up an NPC for you to play with.

ShanaTheIV

I'm crushing on Zenobia so far but actually, she's straight.  :'( I'm willing to play as a futanari for those who are interested as well.

Kunoichi

I'd certainly be willing to play either my human or my monster character as bisexual, if it would help. ^^ I could also probably swap my monster character out for some other concept, since it's so fun to make monsters in this system.  A living suit of armor with Sharing on everything, perhaps...

EdwardShane

Quote from: ShanaTheIV on August 18, 2014, 08:43:26 PM
I'm crushing on Zenobia so far but actually, she's straight.  :'( I'm willing to play as a futanari for those who are interested as well.

Unfortunately, both of my characters are straight.  However, while I haven't been interested in relationships with such characters in the past, if you really like Zenobia that much I might be willing to modify her viewpoints enough to give a futa a shot with her, if you would kindly explain what exactly that is.  I don't really understand what this whole futa thing is about.

ShanaTheIV

It would if it'll please you as well, Kunoichi. Not trying to take anyone out of there comfort zone for my sake or anything.  :P

Kunoichi

Dont worry, I wouldn't be offering if I wasn't into that sort of thing myself. :P I'm pretty open, you don't have to worry about taking me out of my comfort zone.

ShanaTheIV

Quote from: EdwardShane on August 18, 2014, 08:54:25 PM
Unfortunately, both of my characters are straight.  However, while I haven't been interested in relationships with such characters in the past, if you really like Zenobia that much I might be willing to modify her viewpoints enough to give a futa a shot with her, if you would kindly explain what exactly that is.  I don't really understand what this whole futa thing is about.

Futanari is basically a fancy word for female hermaphrodites, but don't worry about it. Like I said, I don't mean to take anyone out of there comfort zones.

Quote from: Kunoichi on August 18, 2014, 09:07:27 PM
Dont worry, I wouldn't be offering if I wasn't into that sort of thing myself. :P I'm pretty open, you don't have to worry about taking me out of my comfort zone.

Shall I make my character then? I can be either the human or monster girl, whatever is in demand.

EdwardShane

Quote from: ShanaTheIV on August 18, 2014, 09:21:03 PM
Futanari is basically a fancy word for female hermaphrodites, but don't worry about it. Like I said, I don't mean to take anyone out of there comfort zones.

Shall I make my character then? I can be either the human or monster girl, whatever is in demand.

Well, everyone right now needs to make one of each, from what I understand.  Normally it isn't something I go for, but what the hell.  I'll go ahead and try something new, if you really want :P

Kunoichi

Quote from: ShanaTheIV on August 18, 2014, 09:21:03 PM

The system that's being used for this game is Monsters and Other Childish Things (link goes directly to the quick-start rules), which has PCs playing one human character and one monster character.  For this game, since there isn't much interest, we're basically having the players be their human character, and the monster attached to another player's human character.  So you get to come up with one of each. ^^

I'd be happy to help with character generation, if you need any assistance on it.

ShanaTheIV

Looks like quite a bit to swallow, but I'll give it a shot. I'll see if I can came up with something for each tonight. I'm thinking of making a lamia...

Ed, I'll put you on standby for now if me and Kunoichi can't work it out for some reason since she seems more eager to do this.  :-) Btw, do you have a character bio set up already, Kuno?

Kunoichi

Well, if you make your human character a futa, then she can partner up with Zenobia and your monster character can partner up with my human, Lynn. ^^

For character creation, my recommendation on making a monster is pretty simple.  Find a good picture of a monster that you'd like to use, pick out the important body parts, and then try to figure out what they all do.  Once you've done that, then you can start assigning numbers to those parts.

Edit:
QuoteBtw, do you have a character bio set up already, Kuno?

The first couple of posts in the OOC thread are Ed's and my character sheets.

ShanaTheIV

Sounds like that can work. I hope this'll please you, Edward. Brb making my characters.  ;)

Kunoichi

By the way, one extra limitation on monsters that I forgot to bring up before:  Under the basic rules, monsters must have at least four body parts, and no body part can take up more than four hit locations.  There are balance-related reasons for these restrictions.

EdwardShane

Quote from: ShanaTheIV on August 18, 2014, 10:09:29 PM
Sounds like that can work. I hope this'll please you, Edward. Brb making my characters.  ;)

Works well for me.  I look forward to seeing what you come up with ^^

ShanaTheIV

Name:
Race: Human
Appearance:
NSFW?

Bio: Yumi has had a history of being made fun of for her 'extra parts.' She found herself being ridiculed and frightened by those around her. Many often question her true gender and accused of being a 'trap.' It took even some of her own family members a while before true accepting her especially her father, who is hesitate to call her his true daughter. With some difficultly, she was able to preserver on her quest of acceptance.
Personally: Yumi is naturally kindhearted but also fairly shy and reserved. Because of her past experiences, she has a complex for being a hermaphrodite and only having support from her mother as well as very few, distant friends. It doesn't help that she would sometimes have an arousal, causing erections and has a minor habit of masturbating. Despite that, she was taught to never give up or lose hope.       

Feet - 1d
   Dodging - +0d
   Kicking - +0d
   P.E. - +0d
Guts - 5d
   Courage - +4d
   Wind - +0d
   Wrestling - +3d
Hands - 2d
   Blocking - +3d
   Punching - +1d
   Shop - +0d
Brains - 2d
   Notice - +0d
   Out-Think - +0d
   Remember - +0d
Face - 5d
   Charm - +0d
   Connive - +3d
   Putdown - +1d

Kunoichi

Certainly. ^^ Have you found a good picture you'd like to use for your lamia character, and picked out what all the important bits on her are?

As for human stats, feel free to copy and past this handy template, for a start:

Feet - 0d
Dodging - +0d
Kicking - +0d
P.E. - +0d
Guts - 0d
Courage - +0d
Wind - +0d
Wrestling - +0d
Hands - 0d
Blocking - +0d
Punching - +0d
Shop - +0d
Brains - 0d
Notice - +0d
Out-Think - +0d
Remember - +0d
Face - 0d
Charm - +0d
Connive - +0d
Putdown - +0d

You get 15 points to assign to the base stats, and 15 points to assign to the skills beneath each stat.  Every stat has to have at least 1 point in it, but skills can be at a minimum of 0.

Since your character is fairly good-looking, I'm thinking giving her a decent Face stat would be good, and probably some dice in Connive, which is the general bluff/disguise/social trickery skill.  Some Guts and Courage would also be good, to reflect all that perseverance that you mentioned her doing.  Aside from that, what areas do you see her as being particularly good or poor in?

Dicepools are formed from Stat+Skill, and a dicepool of 6 or 7 is roughly the point where you can expect to start regularly succeeding in a given task, so you should aim for roughly that amount for the areas you want to be good in.

ShanaTheIV

Here's the application for my lamia. Her bio is still pending, but hers is not very deep.

Name: Erie
Race: Lamia
Appearance:
SFW... kinda
Bio: WIP
Personally: Erie is energetic and fun-loving, but also like to relax and nap on occasion. She can be excitable at times especially towards her companions. When she finds someone she finds attractive, she can be somewhat flirtatious and even affectionate. She is usually friendly to others when not provoked and is willing to defend those close to her.

1-2 Venomous Fang 7d (Attack [Sexy Bite], Useful [Arousal drug for her partners] Wicked Fast, Burn)

3-5 Strong Arms 10d (Attack [Punch], Defend [Block], Useful [Heavy lifting and carrying] Gnarly, Tough x2)   

6-7 Tough, sexy body 4d (Useful [Breast feeding and Milking], Useful [Hypnotic Belly dance] Area, Awesome x2, Tough x2)

8-10 Snake body 8d (Attack [Whip and Squeeze], Defend [Curl], Useful [Quick, sneaky movement], Useful [Restraining and cuddling], Useful [ovipositor] Wicked Fast x2, Tough)

Snugel-Bonnie Affinity: Physical Contact
Weakness: Cold       

Idlewyld

OK - I just put up a couple of characters myself, so I think that if we can get one more person to join, we can begin (and always add more characters in later.)

Shana's chars look pretty good so far.

Kunoichi

Alright, any thoughts on what sort of cool powers and abilities you want her to have, Shana?  Snake venom, constricting coils, egg-laying, etc...?

ShanaTheIV

Actually all three of those sound appealing, especially the egg-laying...  ;)