[NC-E] Hunter: the Vigil: Sex with monsters for fun and profit

Started by The Great Triangle, September 29, 2008, 05:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Triangle

The world isn't as we know it.  Monsters are everywhere, lurking in the shadows, running things behind the scenes.  They're stronger than us, meaner than us, crueler, and damn it, they're hotter than us.  When things go bump in the night, what is one to do?  Bump back.  Bump back hard.  And while you're at it, why not have a little fun?

-From the introduction to Welcome to Ashwood Abbey.

Ashwood Abbey is a secret society of creative, friendly people with a common interest: the occult.  In Victorian trappings, this society recruits the wealthy, the exceptionally skilled, and the creatively deviant to assist in their quest for excitement and immortality.  From their lodge in Queen Anne, Seattle, the American chapter of the Abbey plays a dark game of cat and mouse, searching for greater thrills, greater trophies, all for sexual excitement.

This game will be a hybrid of system and freeform.  You'll have a character sheet, but I'll take care of all system matters behind the scenes.  Therefore, the only thing you'll have to worry about is defining your character, which I can do simply by asking you a series of questions.

For those of you that do know about systems, Ashwood Abbey focuses and recruiting very skilled individuals, so your characters will each start with 35 xp and 1 dot in Status: (Ashwood Abbey).  This dot also gives your characters the barfly merit, which enables you to get into any club in town.

The additions to a character with a hunter template are that the character has a profession, which enables him to choose two skills.  The Hunter gains a specialty in one of these skills, and may increase his ability to use them with the professional training merit.  Hunters may risk willpower once per scene to get bonuses at the risk of a dramatic failure.  Additionally, Hunters gain access to the Status (Ashwood Abbey) merit, which provides various bonuses, the Signature Weapon merit, and the Safehouse merit.  Dots in Safehouse may be divided between Size, Secrecy, Cache, and Traps.  In this campaign, you will also have access to the sexualized merit, a two dot merit which gives your character a +2 bonus to sex appeal related rolls, and a -1 penalty to all other social rolls.  Hunters receive large amounts of experience points each time they survive an encounter with a supernatural creature.

Additionally, Hunters can adopt a code, which enables them to change lines of their code of morality.  Each line changed inflicts a -1 penalty on interactions with normal humans, and inflicts a special derangement called a tell, which only affects a Hunter when on the hunt.  As part of the recruiting process, Ashwood Abbey dehumanized and sexualized supernatural creatures for your character.  This replaces your morality 4, 3, and 2 lines "Do not kill people in anger", "do not murder", "do not murder casually for fun" to "do not kill humans in anger"  "do not murder humans" and "do not kill humans for fun."  This inflicts a -1 penalty on your normal social rolls, and gives you the tell Sexual Deviancy:  Each time you finish an encounter with a supernatural creature, your character becomes incredibly sexually excited, and suffers a -1 penalty on all rolls until your character achieves orgasm.  This penalty lasts for 1 hour, and your character loses 1 willpower point every 20 minutes if he or she is not engaged in sexual activity.  This penalty does not apply if your character had an orgasm during the encounter with the supernatural creature.

At your option, you may change your morality 1 line "do not commit heinous acts" to "do not commit heinous acts against humans"  This increases your social penalty with normal humans to -2, and gives your character the tell Severe Sexual Deviancy:  Your character becomes sexually excited at the mere presence of a supernatural creature of the type he hunts, or even objects closely associated with the creature.  Your character must make resolve + composure rolls to avoid feeling compelled to have sex with a creature she or she is hunting.

Tldr version for the non caring about systems types:  Ashwood Abbey are a bunch of psychosexual deviants with lots of money.  Millionaire playboys, hyperintellegent frat boys, skilled hitmen hired for an odd duty, and fencing champions are reasonable character concepts.

The game will focus mostly on hunting vampires, but other monsters are quite reasonable to go after too.  If you'd like, you can also choose to play as a monster.  Any creature you can imagine that street level investigators can deal with will be acceptable, although be aware your character will likely end up tied up, raped, have something cut off for a trophy, and then possibly tagged and sent back into the wild.  If the players are comfortable with Necrophilia, I might open this game in the extreme section.

Character Sheet:  (Warning: non savable)

http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/pdf/HtV/HtV1-Page_Compact_AshwoodAbbey_Editable.pdf
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Inkidu

Now let me tell you first off. I hate vampires, now why I'm posting. You utterly sold me on this idea so I'm willing to play if I can be a hunter/trapper (whatever you call it.) So where do I sign. (And get a char sheet.)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

The Great Triangle

Just go ahead and come up with a concept.  You can download a character sheet on white-wolf.com.  (I've detailed the rules changes for creating a Hunter from the base rules, although if you're not familiar with them then I reccomend you just PM me and we'll hash out a character.)

Also, Ruby, I'd prefer that you PMed me your character sheet so that the monster stats stay secret.  Also, we're using normal WoD rules and character creation.  (Save for the extra merit dot and code changes for the Hunters.)  Monster characters will be given xp and dread powers as appropriate to their concept.

Ons and Offs

loki

I would love to play a werewolf ...  just let me know what you need and if you still need me. geez... you have got me hooked on the werewolf thing Tri .. *winks* but it sounds like tons of fun
O&O

RubySlippers

I'll think about this game at this point I'm not going to promise anything however. For me making a character is alot of work and I'm not sure if I want to redo my vampire for this.

The Great Triangle

Alright, certainly wouldn't mind having you though Ruby.  You can use your vampire as is if you like, since the game is going to be somewhat freeform anyway.

Ons and Offs

Inkidu

You know. I don't know what to put in this I don't have a printer but I can always go print it off later but, still I don't know what to do.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Shadowsire

Here is a Text Form to Help With Character Building

Character:                             Player:       
Virtue :                                  Vice :
Profession:                             Clique:
Cell:                                      Concept:
Chronicle:

Attributes:
Power:        Int: @0000         Str:@0000     Pres:@0000
Finesse:      Wits:@0000        Dex:@0000    Mani:@0000
Resistance:  Resolve:@0000   Stm:@0000    CMP:@0000

MENTAL
(-3 unskilled)
Academics_______ OOOOO
Computer________ OOOOO
Crafts__________ OOOOO
Investigation_____ OOOOO
Medicine________ OOOOO
Occult__________ OOOOO
Politics________ OOOOO
Science_________ OOOOO

PHYSICAL
(-1 unskilled)
Athletics_______ OOOOO
Brawl___________ OOOOO
Drive___________ OOOOO
Firearms________ OOOOO
Larceny_________ OOOOO
Stealth_________ OOOOO
Survival________ OOOOO
Weaponry________ OOOOO

SOCIAL
(-1 unskilled)
Animal Ken______ OOOOO
Empathy_________ OOOOO
Expression______ OOOOO
Intimidation_____ OOOOO
Persuasion______ OOOOO
Socialize_______ OOOOO
Streetwise______ OOOOO
Subterfuge______ OOOOO

Discord: Shadowsire#2706

The Great Triangle

Cliques: 

Joining a clique is completely optional.  They are mostly a help to roleplaying.  The cliques represent various applications of the philosophies of Ashwood Abbey. 

Compititors:  Competitors hunt for sport.  They want to match their mettle against the worst the world has to offer and come out victorious.  Outdoing one's fellow members of the abbey is also quite awesome.

The Pursuit:  These bastards hunt for secrets.  They want to know things no man was meant to know, and they want to have fun doing it.  They also tend to be able to be arsed to write the newsletter every month.

Libertines:  Libertines hunt for something new.  They want to do things no man has ever done before.  Heck, they want to do things that no man has ever done before. 

Ons and Offs

loki

Name: Thorn Ferrell
Type: Werewolf (unique)
Concept: a loner united with her pet wolf

Forced into a fusing acceptance, with her pet wolf, two souls embrace and complement one another in one body. Creating a unique werewolf, with all the abilities of both the wolf and human, plus the added abilities of a true werewolf. A dangerous, smart, and exotic creature, that shouldn't be crossed.
O&O

Silent Wayfarer

Wrestling with the nWoD system doesn't turn me on.... but this campaign premise does.

If only there were a way to do this without having to worry about the system... ;)
"Yeah. Won't someone PLEASE think of the CHILDREN?

Uhm...er...well, don't think of the children like that. Or like that. And, oh my gods, not like that! STOP THINKING OF THE CHILDREN!"

- Lizard

My Ons And Offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=21765.0

mdazfrench

Name: Ashenna
Type: Hunter (Avenger)
Concept: The one woman army

From her early childhood Ashenna always knew they were monsters.  Some of them had sharp teeth and big claws but some wore more friendly faces.  Like the monster down the street that had worn a kindly man's face and had raped those young women, or the monster that had hid behind her own father's face when he beat her.
The military offered Ashenna the chance to strike back and she took it.  Within three years she was recruited into 'counter-paranormal' outfit but even they quailed at the lengths she would go to take down both supernatural and more 'normal' monsters.
Discharged two years ago, Ashenna has continued her private war, taking the role of vigilante rather than sanctioned assassin.  Surprisingly Ashenna has begun to moderate her stance on some supernatural creatures, in part due to her brief but passionate affair with the vampire Lycondia.  The skin a creature wears is unimportant, it is it's deeds that label it a foul beast.  And so monsters, whether they have skin or fur, claws or guns, have one more enemy in the World of Darkness.

((Sorry if that's a bit dark, but it's an adaptation of an Assassimite character I once had (and you CAN'T be one of the Assassins and NOT be dark :) ).  But that's the character concept, are y'all still recruiting? :) ))

Kitty's Do/Don'ts

I'm not crazy.  I'm insane, there's a difference :P

Inkidu

Quote from: mdazfrench on September 30, 2008, 12:19:48 PM
Name: Ashenna
Type: Hunter (Avenger)
Concept: The one woman army

From her early childhood Ashenna always knew they were monsters.  Some of them had sharp teeth and big claws but some wore more friendly faces.  Like the monster down the street that had worn a kindly man's face and had raped those young women, or the monster that had hid behind her own father's face when he beat her.
The military offered Ashenna the chance to strike back and she took it.  Within three years she was recruited into 'counter-paranormal' outfit but even they quailed at the lengths she would go to take down both supernatural and more 'normal' monsters.
Discharged two years ago, Ashenna has continued her private war, taking the role of vigilante rather than sanctioned assassin.  Surprisingly Ashenna has begun to moderate her stance on some supernatural creatures, in part due to her brief but passionate affair with the vampire Lycondia.  The skin a creature wears is unimportant, it is it's deeds that label it a foul beast.  And so monsters, whether they have skin or fur, claws or guns, have one more enemy in the World of Darkness.

((Sorry if that's a bit dark, but it's an adaptation of an Assassimite character I once had (and you CAN'T be one of the Assassins and NOT be dark :) ).  But that's the character concept, are y'all still recruiting? :) ))
Please apply later if you're approved.

The Great Triangle

@mdazfrench:  I appreciate you applying.  Unfortunately, I'm not supposed to promise you a spot in the game, lest you get the wrong idea if your approval falls through.  (I do like the character concept though)  Sorry!   :)

Also, got any character concept in mind Silent Wayfarer?   ;)

Ons and Offs

Inkidu

I've got mine.
Though I can't apply it to a sheet or anything. Here goes... I'm taking a lot of liberty because you can always tone it down later.

Christopher Hobbs was an Elite Special Forces operative for the United State's Marine Corps. While in Iraq he was doing a routine patrol when a vampire wiped out his squad. Hobbs only survived by blowing it's head off by shoving a grenade in its mouth. When he got back stateside he was put in front of a military tribunal and dishonorably discharged for dereliction of duty. Now unemployed he doesn't even know if the vampire was killed. He spent his night awake paranoid and his days researching the supernatural and occult.

That's where the Abbey found him. His research into the occult raised several red flags and he was quickly approached by Ashwood's agents. They offered him a job; he accepted. Anything to put his mind at ease and put the darker side of creation in its place. He fits in with the competitor clique very well. He takes pleasure in hunting the things for sport, and using them to satiate his darker desires. He is rough around the edges but holds his pride as a warrior in high regard. He found religion when he got back to the states, and is very pious. Doing many things to the supernatural in the name of God.

The Great Triangle

That's pretty good, the main thing is that people don't find Ashwood Abbey, Ashwood Abbey finds them.

One possibility is that the pastor or priest of his local church heard him tell his story about the vampire, then invited him to a party for members of the society, where he was recruited.

Another is that Ashwood Abbey approached him after his tribunal, and offered to recruit him for a "private security mission."  When it turned out to be werewolf hunting, he wasn't nearly as horrified as he should have been, and was welcomed to the abbey.

Another way it could happen is that his psychologist turned out to be a member of the Abbey, and encouraged him to seek out conditions similar to those he encountered in the field, to help resolve his PTSD.  The abbey corralled a minor demon in the form of a small child and had him fight it.  He won, and became a Hunter in the abbey, lest they reveal he was a "child killer."

Something along those lines.  When you enter Ashwood Abbey, you don't tend to be able to leave with a clean legal record or the job or friends you had before you joined.  They arrange for you to get in too deep as quickly as possible, so everyone can have more fun.

Ons and Offs

Inkidu

Don't expect a big long thing I like my characters shaped by their experiences something hard to do with totally prefabricated back story. :D
Anyway I fixed it. Very simply, you might miss it. ;D

Silent Wayfarer

Quote from: The Great Triangle on September 30, 2008, 05:43:00 PMAlso, got any character concept in mind Silent Wayfarer?   ;)

I wanted to play a monster, to experiment with the whole "getting raped" angle :p

Uhm...er...well, don't think of the children like that. Or like that. And, oh my gods, not like that! STOP THINKING OF THE CHILDREN!"

- Lizard

Bayushi

I'd be interested in trying this game. I'm not involved in but one game right now, but have prospects of some solo games coming on. I'd love to get into a few more group games.

I'll figure out a character idea here asap. :)

The Great Triangle

Quote from: Silent Wayfarer on September 30, 2008, 06:55:14 PM
I wanted to play a monster, to experiment with the whole "getting raped" angle :p

Alright, any opinions on the sort of monster you'd like to play?

Some common monster types:

Vampire: Pretty, blood drinking bastards with cold bodies.

Werewolf: Regenerating tribal savage with the impressive ability to track by scent.

Mage: Human who's gone too far for power, may have all kinds of wierd powers.

Changeling: Victim of an extra terrestrial force, has really wierd and sneaky magic.

Promethian: Reanimated corpse who the universe hates utterly.

Demon: Escapee from hell who wants to indulge his vice as much as he can before going back to the pit.

Ons and Offs

Silent Wayfarer

Hmm, probably a werewolf. Daeva vampire is a good fit, but they need to spend blood to have sex. :p Plus, regeneration means lots of torture.

- Lizard

The Great Triangle

Alright, probobly best to take the character creation process to PMs from this point.

The main questions you'll want to ask are: 

Does your character have a pack or other social structure?

How does your character feel about the rest of his kind, including those that consider him an unholy abomination?

What's your character's day to day routine?

Does your character hurt people on a regular basis?

Ons and Offs

Inkidu

Quote from: The Great Triangle on September 30, 2008, 09:07:38 PM
Alright, probobly best to take the character creation process to PMs from this point.

The main questions you'll want to ask are: 

Does your character have a pack or other social structure?

How does your character feel about the rest of his kind, including those that consider him an unholy abomination?

What's your character's day to day routine?

Does your character hurt people on a regular basis?
This sounds like a creature thing.

Bayushi

I submitted a character idea, Triangle.

Check your messages...  :D

The Great Triangle

Quote from: Inkidu on September 30, 2008, 09:11:37 PM
This sounds like a creature thing.

Oh yeah, sorry, that is a creature thing.   :)

Hunters might want to ask questions like:

How did you first get in contact with Ashwood Abbey?

What was your fist contact with the supernatural?

How do you feel about the hunt?

What was your life like before you became a Hunter?

Have you accepted that you'll most likely die a horrible death at the claws of a three armed goblin?

Ons and Offs