You know you are over 40 if...

Started by Captain Maltese, May 10, 2011, 07:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Maltese

If you remember Prince from before he called himself 'formerly known as'.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Prefect Mos

Quote from: auroraChloe on June 02, 2011, 01:38:38 PM
... some of your girl friends thought they had a back stage chance with the guy from Wham! (George Michael)

But I DO!!!!!

If you ever bought a pet rock ...

TaintedAndDelish

If you remember when kids first started break dancing.

I remeber kids doing this in the hallways in school...with small crowds forming..

Autumn52

If you remember the original Starsky and Hutch with David Soul and Paul Michael Glaser.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

auroraChloe

Quote from: Xandi on June 02, 2011, 03:38:25 PM
If you remember the original Starsky and Hutch with David Soul and Paul Michael Glaser.

hey Xandi... 

David Soul - Don't Give Up On Us

a/a 8/21/17

Captain Maltese

If when you started smoking as a teen, rolling your own was the only logical alternative because only the upper crust and women bought those fancy, expensive cigarettes. Of course you started smoking as a teen, EVERYBODY did.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

TaintedAndDelish

If you were old enough to drink when "opp" and "south of heavan" came out.

Prefect Mos

You chose a screen name like [you]

Autumn52

You know you are under forty when you say things like, "you know your over 40 when you chose a screen name like and use the youtag."

However it was funny.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

despickable

You are over 40 when you saw Gilligan's Island Love Boat and Mash when they aired the first time

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

One-Eyed Jack

Sylk

QuoteYou chose a screen name like Sylk
Prefect Mos:

It's actually a shortened version of a character name on WoW.  Just so you know.  And SILK was taken

You know you're over 40 when.......

platform shoes and bellbottoms are here for the third time around......
Never underestimate the power of a single look.
    My Role Plays:  Keeping the Duchess from Harm  Rebel of Her Heart     On Flightless Wings   Hunter or Hunted My Blog  Sylken Threads

Captain Maltese

You remember when Tina Turner was mentioned after Ike.

Prefect Mos

[you] Knows there over forty, cause they dont know how I guessed they would read this.

TaintedAndDelish

If this game has put a wide grin on your face.

Autumn52

You remember the Sonny and Cher show. "I got you babe" Oh god I'm gonna be sick.

Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe (With Chastity)

You should have to suffer as much as me. Now I am going to be hearing this song all day in my head. (shit)

TaintedAndDelish

Heh heh... You remember Marie Osmond from this show and not from dancing with the stars:

Donny & Marie Show

Prefect Mos

If you know what this photo is of...

Captain Maltese

If you recall flying a civil passenger plane - with propellers.

Prefect Mos

as a not even thirty year old, I loathe you all.  The Douglas DC-6 was a fine aircraft... so what if it was a 30 year old aircraft when i flew in one.. the 747 is that old now.... grr...

If you remember Johny Carson ...

Captain Maltese

....if you are listening to Glenn Miller's Orchestra playing Chattanooga Choo Choo and your right foot gets the stomps.

Prefect, the prop plane I remember flying best was the DH-6 Twin Otter. 19 passenger seats, and they were little more than sailcloth over a steel pipe frame.  We had a lot of those here in Norway because of all the short runways that tend to end in seawater or mountain cliffs. Today those planes are all replaced with the DH-8 Dash 8. Twice as many seats, but hey - they are also props!

Another prop job I've been in is the classic Lockheed C-130 Hercules. Yet another workhorse. Again with with the sailcloth seats, too.

Sylk

You still have the sheet music for Glen Miller's "In The Mood" and can dance the "jitterbug" because your dad taught you!
Never underestimate the power of a single look.
    My Role Plays:  Keeping the Duchess from Harm  Rebel of Her Heart     On Flightless Wings   Hunter or Hunted My Blog  Sylken Threads

Captain Maltese

If you used to have a personal dislike against Bill Gates.

I actually had to google Microsoft to remember his name!

Davina

Scrunchi socks, pegging your pants and Debbie Gibbson
I love to wear lingerie. The problem is that men always rip it off too quickly. When women are dolled up in lingerie they feel sexy. So let us wear it for five minutes.

I think trying too hard to be sexy is the worst thing in the world a woman can do.

Anesa

..if you remember playing the video game "Pong"....