Welcome to St. Vladimir's Academy (Actively recruiting/accepting apps!)

Started by HeavenAbove, November 27, 2013, 06:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavenAbove

Quote from: bubby on December 08, 2013, 06:19:52 PM
Someone for my char to pick on! I mean... >_>  *Shuffles off to continue her char sheet*

Another question!! What sort of combat do these guys do?  What are weapons preferences?

When Guardians are put in situations where they have to fight it's usually life threatening. They are trained in various weapons, though mostly hand to hand combat.

They will utilize whatever is at their disposal to fight off Strigoi, HOWEVER, Strigoi can only be truly killed by setting them on fire, beheading, or staking them with a silver stake.

Mostly hand to hand combat is emphasized, as it seems that most Guardians will be tossed around quite a bit by their faster and stronger Strigoi counterparts.

HeavenAbove

-clears throat- Attention!!!  ;D

Everyone would you please move the conversation over to our OOC thread please?

Thank you!

Caela

Name: Michaela Conta
Race: Moroi
Position: Instructor
Element: Water

Appearance: Micahela stands at a statuesque 5'9 unless she is wearing her favorite shoes or boots, both of which will put her closer to an 6 feet in height. She has platinum blonde hair that she keeps cut in a short bob at her jawline and that she usually wears in loose curls, but if she's feeling lazy she will simply brush it straight. For her classes she usually wears a business suit and sensible heels, but when not teaching her favorite outfits consist of skinny jeans with knee high leather boots over them and comfortable sweaters or t-shirts depending on the weather.

Personality: While working, Michaela will be all business. She pushes her students hard because she expects the best out of them, but she also makes herself available to extra help if they need it, or extra tutoring if they simply want to get ahead and really learn fine control of their skills. When she's not with her students however, or at least not teaching, she is far more laid back than you would expect of a Royal. She has a ready smile, is as quick to praise as to correct, and never holds her education and intelligence over her students. When with other adults she is quick to laugh, kind, witty, and while she can be sarcastic, she is rarely cruel.

History: Born the youngest daughter of her generation, Michaela (Micha to friends) grew up knowing that there would be no titles of, "Princess" in her future and she didn't lament the loss. It gave her far more freedom than her older sisters and that was what she relished. She had her own lessons to learn and while she loved her tutors, she savored the extra time she had to run free over their estates either on foot or horseback and the extra trouble that it allowed her to get into. Granted her parents weren't particularly thrilled when she'd come tromping into the house, covered in mud, and followed by a line of the "helps" children but such adventures were usually her ideas and being the baby did bring with it a certain level of indulgence as well.

While she was in school herself, she decided the best route to doing something useful with her life was to become a teacher as well and she strove hard to that end. She even attended a human University to learn theories on teaching that she might be able to apply to her own kind and reveled in the fact that young humans seemed to enjoy keeping to her own natural hours. It was another adventure that hadn't pleased her family, but had, as usual, been indulged because she was the youngest and while much loved, least important as well.

With a degree in hand, she returned to her own school and took up teaching her own kind. She teaches General Magical Theory for all the first years (and evens he finds it as boring as it sounds but you have to crawl before you walk) and Advanced Aquamancy for those talented with the element of Water.

HeavenAbove

Great application Caela, accepted. You can move her over :)

Drake Valentine

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

HeavenAbove

bubby

OK I LIED. I managed to finish her. Hope she works!

Name: Soren Iriel
Race: Damphir
Position: Guardian/Instructor (Combat)
Element: N/A
Appearance: She is tall, around 5'10”, with lean muscle. Her hair is glossy black, straight and falling to about the middle of her back. Eyes are a bright green.

Personality: Soren can be a bit... moody. For the most part, she gives off a very good 'stay away from me or I'll kill you' vibe. She generally finds the students of the school highly annoying. She is far from a comforting and nurturing presence. This is not to say she doesn't take her duties as Combat Instructor and Guardian seriously. She is highly trained, and knows her path. She wants all her students to hold the skills she shows them in high regard, and she would protect any within the Academy with her life.

On the other hand, her cool disdain of existence in itself shows by her own self-destructive behavior. She tends to frequent the seediest establishments, drinking to excess and seeking out any fight she can get into. But, fighting humans is just too easy. So fragile. She was born and bred to seek and kill Strigoi, but things on the proverbial home front have been quite for awhile. Irritatingly so.

Her students tend to pay the price for her need for release.

History: Born to a Damphir father and a Moroi mother, Soren started out a rather stable child. Went to school, did well. Did all the basic 'kid' stuff; shopping, hanging out, what have you. But the summer before she was to enroll in the Academy, her parents were killed by Strigoi. The 'normal' Soren died that day.

She still enrolled in the Academy, but she had only one goal. Revenge. She would become the best fighter she could, and she would live to kill as many of the stinking bastards she could. She excelled in all combat, and oddly managed to do rather well in her other studies, as she pretty much avoided any personal contact. Soren had an agenda, and getting to know people got in the way of that plan. She graduated from the Academy, and set out hunting. And she was good at it. She has quite a few Molnija Marks, but no one knows exactly how many. She doesn't speak of it, and no one has seen them.

She eventually returned to the school, it being the only home she really knew after the death of her parents, where she took on the duties of Instructor.

HeavenAbove

bubby

GnothiSeauton

After being talked into it by Bloodied, I couldn't help myself and decided to see if I could join.

Name:  Cordelia Haller

Race:  Damphir

Position:  Student

Appearance:  Standing at about five foot seven, Cordelia has long black hair which flows towards near the middle of her back.  With a soft, creamy complexion, her cold blue eyes stand out.  A small, dark birthmark sits upon her inner left thigh.  She's almost always wears her boots when she can, along with whatever feels comfortable to her.  Dresses and skirts make her feel almost entirely uncomfortable, unlike when she can wear her usual comfortable, jeans and t-shirts.  Where she is more relaxed with her attire, Cordelia strives to keep her body in top shape, toned and conditioned for combat.
Picture 1 - Picture 2 - Picture 3

Personality: Cordelia can be somewhat brash and hard to be around from time to time.  Raised in a somewhat strict fashion, she prides herself on being punctual, neat, and orderly.  If there is something wrong, she is not one to beat around the bush and be shy about it.  And yet she knows when to keep her mouth shut.  More often than not, she is quiet and reserved, but watch out if you get on her bad side. 

History:  She never had a childhood like others...  What she knows of her parents comes from the words of her adoptive father.  It was from his lips that she learned the sad truth of her parents, of how her father was killed in combat, of how her Moroi mother died in childbirth.  And yet, when she learned of the truth, Cordelia did not cry.  She had been raised not to cry.

Cordelia, a babe in a world filled with dangers, was taken in by the damphir Guardian who would soon become the only father figure in her life.  He raised her alone, the strict Guardian teaching her at a young age to defend herself, to train her and love her in his own special way.  Tough love, she supposed.  Yet it was love nevertheless.  From as long as she could remember, he had helped to train her, to show her how to fight the dangers of life, to make her stronger with each passing day.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Bloodied Porcelain

*Squeals* ROOMIE! *tackles her and loves on her thoroughly*
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

HeavenAbove

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on December 08, 2013, 11:35:19 PM
After being talked into it by Bloodied, I couldn't help myself and decided to see if I could join.

Name:  Cordelia Haller

Race:  Damphir

Position:  Student

Appearance:  Standing at about five foot seven, Cordelia has long black hair which flows towards near the middle of her back.  With a soft, creamy complexion, her cold blue eyes stand out.  A small, dark birthmark sits upon her inner left thigh.  She's almost always wears her boots when she can, along with whatever feels comfortable to her.  Dresses and skirts make her feel almost entirely uncomfortable, unlike when she can wear her usual comfortable, jeans and t-shirts.  Where she is more relaxed with her attire, Cordelia strives to keep her body in top shape, toned and conditioned for combat.
Picture 1 - Picture 2 - Picture 3

Personality: Cordelia can be somewhat brash and hard to be around from time to time.  Raised in a somewhat strict fashion, she prides herself on being punctual, neat, and orderly.  If there is something wrong, she is not one to beat around the bush and be shy about it.  And yet she knows when to keep her mouth shut.  More often than not, she is quiet and reserved, but watch out if you get on her bad side. 

History:  She never had a childhood like others...  What she knows of her parents comes from the words of her adoptive father.  It was from his lips that she learned the sad truth of her parents, of how her father was killed in combat, of how her Moroi mother died in childbirth.  And yet, when she learned of the truth, Cordelia did not cry.  She had been raised not to cry.

Cordelia, a babe in a world filled with dangers, was taken in by the damphir Guardian who would soon become the only father figure in her life.  He raised her alone, the strict Guardian teaching her at a young age to defend herself, to train her and love her in his own special way.  Tough love, she supposed.  Yet it was love nevertheless.  From as long as she could remember, he had helped to train her, to show her how to fight the dangers of life, to make her stronger with each passing day.

Absolutely accepted, and I have to note that Stoya (the woman in the photos) is a huge weakness of mine, so yeah... *sighs happily* move her on over to the character sheet thread and welcome  ;D

Ghostwheel

Name: Alexei Dragomir
Race: Moroi
Position: Student
Element: Spirit

Appearance:

Despite being on the longer side, Alexei's straight blonde hair doesn't reach his shoulders. His jade green eyes are often cold and his gaze can be taken as patronizing and demeaning by those who don't know him well. Pale skin contrasts the dark clothes he often sports, while long fingers with well-kept nails rarely stay still except when he is in deep thought.

Personality:

Cold and haughty, Alexei often comes off as selfish and egotistical--not that this is far from the truth. The depredations of spirit have taken their toll on his emotions, which often turn dark and turbulent despite his royal position and the fewer limitations placed upon him compared to many of his peers.

Background:

The son of Queen Vasilisa Dragomir and her husband, Christian Ozera, Alexei is the middle of their three children with an older sister already out of school, and a younger brother in the elementary section of Vladimir's Academy. Having married a queen and with the wish to continue the Dragomir name, Christian had opted to forego his own family name in favor of Lissa's, allowing the children to inherit her name instead of his.

The only one of the children who appeared to be specializing in spirit, his younger brother showing signs of air and his older sister attuned to fire, Alexei at times felt especially close to his mother, especially during his bouts of madness that she tried to keep at bay with pills and alcohol. They worked, to a point, and she was able to keep up the facade as Queen and rule wisely over the Moroi and Dhampir population, yes in private they sometimes seemed to overtake her, throwing her into fits of anger or depression that not even her husband could assuage.

The children were often forgotten, and sent to St. Vladimir's as soon as they were able, Christian and Lissa judging that it would be better and safer for them to grow there rather than around Lissa when she became... unstable. As the middle child, Alexei often felt unnoticed and unappreciated, and as his own powers over Spirit grew, often fell into despondency. It wasn't as terrible as Lissa's, yet he often escaped the other royals to hide in the attic atop the church where his father had often languished, feeling a connection to him despite their physical distance.

When needed, Alexei can turn up the charm, and seems to possess an especially strong affinity to compulsion and the creation of trinkets, yet has thus far been unable to heal or see auras as his mother has. This allows him the ability to excuse himself from royal gatherings when everything becomes too much and retreat to the church and its comforting solitude without appearing to be some sort of social outcast, yet at the same time his inability to do the most basic part of Spirit magic, the aura sight, leaves him feeling inferior and angry at himself, which often manifests as he takes out that anger on others.

HeavenAbove

Always have had a soft spot for Lissa haha, so definitely accepted. You can move him over to the character sheet thread.

Bloodied Porcelain

Welcome, Ghost! It might pay to shoot Caela a message, as she's playing a Dragomir too. :)

Oooh, and with Christian being his dad, that would make him a distant cousin to Avalyn, my character. I'd be open to talking about them knowing each other if you'd like.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Ghostwheel

Already sent her a message, and we figured that she'd be playing Jill's daughter, making us cousins.

And sure, I'd be down with having seen each other during family gatherings as well :-) Did you have in mind something specific, or just a passing familiarity?

Also, should we just jump in? Or wait before we begin RPing?

Bloodied Porcelain

There's a big intro event just getting started here for the beginning of the school year. I believe most people are planning to enter there. :)

Edit: Here is the OOC

Drake Valentine

DHAMPIR SKELETON WIP SHEET

Name:
Emesto Rossetti 
Race:
Dhampir
Position:
Student
Weapon of Choice:
Modified silver three-section staff that can be used either as a solid bo staff or its original counterpart from twisting and loosening the connected area of sections.
Appearance:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORDSSSS

Personality:
Words
History:
Goes with Syrup
PANCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Kaisude

Hey guys and gals due to personal issues I have to withdraw from this rp.

Sharon

Quote from: Kaisude on December 12, 2013, 03:14:09 PM

Sorry to hear this hun. Well I am going to keep Rose in the game so if you ever want to come back after everything is take care of feel free to shoot me a PM and we can come up with a way to bring him in.

HeavenAbove

Quote from: Kaisude on December 12, 2013, 03:14:09 PM

Sorry to hear that Kai, you're always welcomed back :)

Bloodied Porcelain

Bloodied Porcelain

*hangs up a welcome banner and sets out refreshments* Still recruiting!

Cold Heritage

We could probably use a few male characters; the remaining males seem outnumbered by some very hawtsome ladies.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.