Fableshore [A Urban Dark Fairy Tale Game] .:Interest Check! LGBTQA+

Started by Dhampyress, January 24, 2018, 04:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhampyress

Is a dark urban themed (or very close to) fantasy world, that focuses on the lives of fairy tale folk existing in line with more urban world themes (purely freeform). We have a lot of mature themes here, mixed in with a more close modern fantastical fairy-tale aesthetic. On the topic of aesthetic, Fableshore is a bit of a dim world, where nothing is quite perfect, and shady figures often move in the dark to effect the smaller folk. It is a place where many fairy tale figures are chasing new happy endings, in a strange and cynical unlike that of their home realms. There is magic here, but it comes in a sort of altered form, generally speaking. There is adventure. There is drama. There is crime. There is love, and there is most certainly compassion of everything that falls in between. That said, the game is very open to fantasy themes, and is heavily including of such elements within a more modern structure. I'd like to set few boundaries to allow players to contribute, include and create wonderful works of their own depictions of fairy tale characters, that players may be interested in playing in this sort of environment. This is in no way a fandom role-play of any existing fairy tale, and does not follow any one set verse of a singular fairy tale. The idea here is to allow you creative freedom in your iteration of existing fairy tale folk. What if the story we think we know regarding a certain character is less true? Perhaps at the end there was more? It's up to you to fill in the blanks and really add your own touch to whomever it is you may have an interest in playing. The possibilities are quite endless! The game's general concept would work from a post-cataclysmic event that has set our characters in a new land, the realms in whence they came being unreachable.

Furthermore, the game is inspired heavily by 'Fabletown' & 'Once Upon A Time', finding a semblance of more mature content somewhere in between these mediums. That said, it is neither of these things, but an entirely unique product of it's own. The concept of this game is to allow freedom and original creativity to contribute to the base of what is per-established within this world and how it all works, which is a vast and sandbox dynamic experience for anyone interested in these sorts of themes to enjoy. You can be almost any fabled folk. All fairy tale characters from near and far are quite possible. I will also consider the option of playable mythical types as well. This also means you may create your own purely original take on any available fairy tale character in whatever way you prefer (keeping the feel of the game in mind). I stress leniency in contribution of creativity to the game. Not just by character, but by world as well. I'd like to bring this environment to life with the help of players characters and their additions to the world. An example of this could be a business, being small or medium, that you as the player can run through your character.

I'm looking for writers who prefer story orientated themes to write alongside. I'm looking for players who enjoy sandbox environments with a soft narrative existing in the background to help the world feel dynamic and flowing as we experience the modern tales of our characters lives. I'm looking for writers whom are not afraid to collaborate with their fellow players (or as you will learn them to be Mysts; in this realm). Most importantly I am looking for others who are creative and work well within groups. The only hard limits here are ones defined by the rules and that of a players own limitations. When creating a character, the only thing to keep in mind is the existing lore of the character. Obviously we're aiming for already established fairy tale folk. The idea is to use their lore as a sort of foundation within moving forward in adding on to whom they may have become in this modern environment. Who they are in the present is entirely up to you as well as explaining the steps of how they may have got there.

Absolutely. Although it's in a more contemporary form. Raw, and pure magic, is rare to come by, and quite powerful, but there is certainly traces of it lingering around the vast and rather mysterious city. Many forms of magic these days come in the form of beverage, or even food. With a particularly nasty organization who slips under the veil of Fableshore's more controversial authority system, who's trade is the concoction of 'new magic', in the form of a pharmaceuticals. Beyond that Mysts, even in their more present human forms (this effects everyone) will always carry special magical qualities about them, that they might use to their less extreme benefit, and further help distinct them from their fellow citizens. Every Myst may possess three special qualities about them. Then of course there are always just somethings we can't explain. There is an undoubted magical essence to Fableshore's design, that works in more mysteries ways that many Mysts can simply not explain. The purpose behind this for players to discover in game and bring an extra something to the world.

Finally, as far as more raw forms of magic, and magic users are concerned, all player concepts that classify as witch/sorcerer or other likewise roles are also allowed, but should be discussed with Blissy. While raw magic, and those who can manipulate it, are far and few in Fableshore, that certainly doesn't go without saying it isn't possible. However, all characters whom practice this type of magic must be licensed in the act or such practices, otherwise it would be considered illicit and of mischievous nature. This is a law that was instated by the city to prevent magic disasters from occurring in this new plain and is something that is monitored closely by interests of law enforcement within the city. For anyone who is interested in this sort concept and what kind of scenes it might be able to bring to story, please discuss possibilities out with Blissy. I am not opposed to a sense of magic freedom, but that certainly doesn't mean it is practical for the world.

The game is live, but we are not too far in, and we are currently looking for more players. The game has a leisurely pace, with plenty of characters looking for further connections. Some earlier players have since dropped out and their character concepts have been freed. The list of taken characters here (as in on this thread & <a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=282875.msg13914829#msg13914829> the chart </a> for the Accepted Myst Chart) is updated to reflect this. Links to everything important to the game can be found here. Such as <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=282851.msg13913457#msg13913457">game information</a>, <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=282875.msg13914829#msg13914829">character archive</a>, and an <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=282974.0">OOC thread</a>. Please review all of these threads (after interest is shown) as they are essential to understanding the game on a more expansive level.

Choosing a character

There's no real limit to who one might be able to chose. We only ask that you keep your creativity in fair respects of the game, and the means of mood we are aiming to create. Characters from non-western fairy tales are fair pitch, alongside many of the more common picks. Nursery rhyme characters are also viable. Descendant conceptions are also acceptable, and much more. Urban legends and and most mythology have also been deemed acceptable. If you are unsure about a character, or have any questions at all regarding a possible choice of one, please feel free to message us and ask!

Please check the unavailable character list as well! Our only rule for potential character choosing is that the character should be from a story book.

Characters that are not available!
(This list is currently up to date. It shows accepted character concepts, with the exception of tentative concepts. Tentative concepts are pitches people have personally made to me, but have yet to put together a profile for. Once they are accepted, I will remove the tentative status beside the concept of said character, and fill in their username accordingly. At the moment we lack Loyalist types, but I am still very much open to accepting more Deviant & Ambivalent concepts.)

Player usage
Cinderella - Cinderella - Played by: Blissy
Dorothy Gale - The Wizard Of Oz - Played by: Blissy
The Girl With No Hands - Brothers Grim Fairy Tales - Played by: Bekah Boo
The Pied Piper - The Pied Piper - Played by: Bekah Boo
Red Riding Hood - Red Riding Hood - Played by: Kokaine
Eris - Greek Mythology - Played by: Kokaine
Beast - Beauty & The Beast - Played by: Eikichi
Three Little Bears (one of three - the others are not available) - Goldilocks The Three Little Bears - Played by: NovemberBleeds
MythologyJack Frost - Played by: NovemberBleeds
Genie - Arabian Nights - Played by: Mayna

NPC usage

The Red Queen
The Tooth Fairy
Wicked Witch Of The East
Glinda The Good Witch

Please PM all profiles to Blissy. Following this, and once I have managed to review them, you may post them openly on the interest check thread, if you so desire!

[float=left][img height=375 padding=8](Face claim reference only)[/img]
[img height=155 padding=10](Reference one)[/img][img height=155 padding=10](Reference two)[/img][/float]

[b]Played By:[/b] [font=courier](Your username)[/font]
[b]Name:[/b] [font=courier](Character name)[/font]
[b]Face Claim/Play-By:[/b] [font=courier](If you feel the need to list one)[/font]
[b]Alias/Nick name's:[/b] [font=courier](Character's nick or pet names) [/font]
[b]Age Appearance:[/b] [font=courier](How old does your character appear) [/font]
[b]Gender:[/b] [font=courier](Gender. Gender bending is acceptable) [/font]
[b]Height:[/b] [font=courier](Self explanatory)[/font]
[b]Ethnicity:[/b] [font=courier](Accent/ethnicity/Etc.) [/font]
[b]Sexuality:[/b] [font=courier](You don't have to share this) [/font]
[b]Reputation:[/b] [font=courier](You may pick one of three. [color=green]'Loyalist'[/color] = Generally a good person. Morally stable | [color=blue]'Ambivalent'[/color] = Uncertain. Falls somewhere in between | [color=red]'Deviant'[/color] = Morally crooked. Known to be troublesome, or involved in mischief, to some notary degree)
[b]Occupation:[/b] [font=courier](What do they do in Fableshore for a living?) [/font]
[b]Affiliation:[/b] [font=courier]( Leave blank if unaffiliated. [color=red]Unaffiliated[/color] status is a very common and viable decision)[/font]
[b]Bio:[/b]

[i][font=courier](Whats your characters story? Your character may be an [i]anomic[/i] if you so choose. An [i]anomic[/i] is a term for someone who is very new to the world of Fableshore and has made a recent arrival in comparison to already having some story fleshed out by the point of their entry into the game.)[/font][/i]

[b]Distinguishing Features:[/b] [i](List as many or little as you may like)[/i]

[b]Special Qualities:[/b]

[font=courier][i][color=green]-List first ability [/color][/i][/font]
[font=courier][i][color=green]-List second ability [/color][/i][/font]
[font=courier][i][color=green]-List third [/color][/i][/font]

[i]Would you like to bring a small business and or/and an 'affiliation' into the game?[/i] [b][Y/N][/b] [i]Please choose yes or no. If no, simply fill this section out as [Y/N] and continue. [u]This is a purely optional section.[/u][/i]

[b]List name of business and affiliation, if any[/b]: [font=courier][I] “Business name here. [/i] (Explain business concept)

([i][b]Note:[/b][/i] A business is ranging from anything small to medium. Examples could be a shop, a tavern and etc.)

[spoiler=References for business go here]

[font=courier][i](These are optional images for [b]Businesses[/b]. You do not need to include them. Include as many or less as you might want. I've left some code here that's for optional use. Replace the first part with a link and add a word to describe it.)[/i][/font]

1#<a href=Link goes here> Reference name goes here. E.g: Interior/Exterior </a>

2#<a href=Link goes here> Reference name goes here. E.g: Interior/Exterior </a>

3#<a href=Link goes here> Reference name goes here. E.g: Interior/Exterior </a>[/spoiler]

[font=courier]([i][b]Note:[/b][/i] A Affiliation is ranging from anything small to medium. Examples could be a a group, gang, club and etc.)[/font]

Please refer to the example profile below!

Two examples of an acceptable profile | Blissy's Fableshore Cinderella & Dorothy Gale Concept

Played By: Blissy
Name: Cindy Tremaine
Face Claim/Play-By: Sara Fabel
Alias/Nick name's: Sinderella | Ella (only by close friends) | Lady Tremaine (Only by associates) | Diamonds
Age Appearance: 28
Height: 5'6
Ethnicity: French, with next to no accent.
Sexuality: Bi-sexual
Occupation: Proprietor of various nightery establishments throughout Fableshores entertainment districts | Mob Boss
Affiliation: Owner of 'The Fairest' | High Council for The Fableshore Grand Ministry
Bio:
Not quite the Cinderella story we know..

Personality traits pending!

As the story goes.. Cinderella met her prince and they lived happily after. However, with the former remaining quite true, a shift to the favorable present hasn't been so likewise. You see, following the Cataclysm that brought everyone in Fableshore to their current realm, Cinderella had more than a brief and difficult time trying to endure on happy resolves and romantic ideals, where instead she truly had neither. It all started a few days before the Cataclysm, and with that curse she knows next to nothing about. The same curse that she is under and entirely unaware of. That same curse that's been withering down the once sweet, and gentle hearted, hopeless romantic, whom was saved from a rather abusive guardianship, and moreover sisterhood. The curse that prevents Cindy from ever being "truly happy". Presently she's become somewhat of the incarnate of all things she formerly loathed and wished to escape. Unfortunately for her, she has no real idea of whom she used to be. The affects of the cataclysm, and first establishing period of Fableshore, were the first steps to what become a bitter staircase for poor Cinderella, as she tiresomely climbed her way to the top, to just realize she wasn't quite happy being there without that one other special person. To make matters worse much of her memories of that person have been corrupted as her former surreal idealism of living happily ever after has been undoubtedly spoiled by something more dreadful, and destructive. What she remember's is something else, something twice more terrible than what she can judiciously recall.

Impaired of her pure memory she's come to Fableshore only remembering the majority of terrible things that she endured at the hands of a family she can no longer seem to find, and that of a prince she cannot justly recognize. To make matters worse and further repress what might be dubious thoughts, or a flaw in her memory, she has not seen the prince since she has come to Fableshore. Cinderella has lived mostly alone, distracting the affect of her troubles through that of her work among the city. Due to this, and the furthering disharmony of her memory, 'Sinderella' has forced the thought upon itself that her one true love is somewhere in Fableshore, hiding, or being held away, and she's made no light of wrecking the city up to find them since them, through cunning and manipulation.

Cindy's first actions in adapting to Fableshore was building her sense of reputation. Being married into a royal family taught her a lesson of stature and how she could use it to her advantage. Over time, and with an ample supply of that of the former royal families wealth, that she was once happily married into, Cindy has built a name for herself among Mysts. However, the spoils of her former royalty, and that of her reputation, have always seem to find some timeless and impending conflict, by reasons made her of her own oversight. For where Cindy may have luxury and influence she has no real perception, and in turn has made plenty of trouble for others. Still even in baring a prolonged and rather anointed ill reputation, Sinderella has begun to weave profit from unrest. One might describe this moderate iteration of Sinderella as a necessary evil. Although her surface character seems to contrast that notion. On the surface she's still what's she's always been, a royal widow with a political influence on others. A powerful, even charitable, and beneficial source, to Fableshore's on going society. However, for those who might dig deeper or look to the disrepute of others, they will find that Sinderella has a certain involvement in Fableshore's less licit underworld. The trouble is she's quite good at covering her tracks and this has caused many remain skeptical of her at the worst.

Fun Fact: Cindy has been absent for just over a week from her regular place of leadership with running the Fairest. However, she's kept her closest people running the organization. From which the point our story starts this has been her first appearance in an unusual absence of time.

Distinguishing Features: Known for having quite a few tattoo's. Most of them seem to be more of an aesthetic, or simply an outlet of expression. However, there is one particular tattoo that Cindy has on her back. The tattoo is fairly large and designed in a pink heart, that has now become faded of it's former color. On one side of the heart there appears to be a woman of golden hair framed by a set of flowers, vines, and several pumpkins. On the opposite side of the tattoo is what appears to be a decaying skeleton with a crown atop it's head. The lips of both characters made of the ink are pressing lips in the middle, with the words "No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dreams that you wish will come true.." residing on top of the symbol, in ink. Additionally the words seem to be almost entirely faded away.

Special Qualities:

-Zoolingualism. Zoolingualism, being the ability to talk to animals. For Cindy this is limited to medium to small animals such as mice or cats. Despite this being a rather unique gift it's not something Cindy is particularly fond of. She prefers to use this ability in private as speaking to animals in public serves as an embarrassment to her, and seems to make her flustered.

-Wealth/Influence. While not being a magical thing, Cindy is certainly wealthy. It's because of her wealth that's she's been able to get into the role of running some of Fableshore's limelight attractions, and run the businesses that exist behind their fronts. Ironically, money can't seem to buy her the happiness she seems to be after, despite her making a habit of trying persistently, making a habit of spending her money more than she should.

- Seduction/Charisma. Seduction, being seen in a more persuasive way. There's no denying Cindy's appeal or her competence for that of her regular activities. Many Mysts enjoy getting to know her. Although, the same can't always be said for engaging in prolonged relationships with her.

Would you like to bring a small business and or a 'affiliation' into the game? [Yes]

Info about business and or affiliation pitch.

The Fairest (The luxurious night club)

List name of business & affiliation, if any: The Fairest (The business) The Fairest is the name of two things, both of which tie back to Sinderella. The first meaning of the word refers to the club that Sinderella owns, that resides by the pier, a place where all of Fableshores most limelight attractions reside. The club was originally founded by a joint agreement with a certain former queen, from another fairy tale realm. This queen was known as Ravenna. It's unknown whether Sinderella and Ravenna are still both managing the establishment. Nonetheless, Sinderella's former business partner has not been seen running the club for some time and that hasn't stopped Sinderella from building on her special gem among other likewise properties. The club acts as both a private lounge (during the day) and a booming night club by night. It holds four floors and a large luxury patio bar with a pool, that sits on the water of the Atlantica Pier. The first floor belongs to guests of all nature whom have access to the club. The second is a privatized duplicate of the first floor, with an altered set up. The second floor is a bit more diverse in it's offered entertainments. The third floor remains as Sinderella's private space for only her those she welcomes. She has a suite there and more than enough conveniences to make herself, and anyone whom might visit her , exceptionally comfortable. The final level is actually submerged underwater, being several feet deep into the Atlantica Pier that has it outlook the further submerged wonders of the Atlantian Rim, thus being a true marvel that many have come to see. Achieving this was only allowed through Sinderella's contracting with the Atlantians, an arrangement that was not easy for her to fill. However, the fourth floor is quite strict in who is allowed to visit it and are only allowed to do so by Cindy's direct invitation. She likes to throw parties there for more powerful figures in town, who she wants to keep in her good favor. All floors are monitored closely by Sinderella's finest bouncers.

The club is one of Fableshore's most profitable nightery businesses and a hotspot for Mysts of all kinds. However, being allowed access to the club by day is limited to purely invitation status as Cindy uses it as a common business spacem and she's quite picky with the matters of such exchange. Furthermore, there are rules one must adhere to while being present at the club as the establishment has a strict no mischief policy. By all standards the club is quite magnificent and is easily on the top of Cinderella's modern financial accomplishments in Fableshore. The latter of her commercial successes are more private establishments that mostly exist in Camelot Court, and are places that she much less prefer to spend most of her personal time. In regards to the Fairest, it's rumored that the club also offers other private services to select Mysts, who of course remain on Sinderella's good side. These services are contracted, and are given by a strict regulated practice. Other than that, any other activities that are going on within the Fairest Walls remain quite reserved, but also quite supervised, as any mention or discussion of them is held by a strict associates only policy.

Floor 1 (Public Floor)

Floor 2 (Private Floor)

Floor 3 (Suite) | Floor 3 (Cont.)

Sub-level

Patio

The Fairest criminal organization

The Fairest (The affiliation) - The other thing that shares the same term as the club is Sinderella's private assembly. Or so she calls it. Little is known about the group other than it's inclusion is rather operative, other than they typically work in and out of the latter club establishment. Some of the members in the group have been brought in on previous criminal charges, while others have never had a criminal record in their life. It's believed that the Fairest operates under Sinderella's protection, but also demands things from those involved within it. She holds the reigns to the group for the benefit of their own good and that of hers, while the group itself acts as a careful front to more notorious activity. However, getting involved with Sinderella's more secretive business has often proven somewhat unforgiving to many who overstep their welcome. However, there is certainly potential in the group for Mysts who prefer a more deviant means of employment.

Name: Dorothy Gale
Face Claim/Play-By: Stacey Farnet
Alias/Nick name's: Wily Gale | Dot | Dottie
Age Appearance: 26
Height: 5'7
Ethnicity: Southern American, with a moderate accent.
Sexuality: It's a secret.
Occupation: Freelance P.I | F.M.O.U Agent | Former Librarian | Former Detective from R.P | Former Waitress
Affiliation: Owner of 'Over The Rainbow Investigations', otherwise known as O.T.R.I. |
Bio:
Click here for personality & biography

Personality:

Social: Generally easy to talk to or with, Dorothy tends to be quite forward with her opinions or notions. Chatty, when there is reason to talk, she isn't shy of discussion. Further more, on the subject of theorizing, or speculating, Dorothy can be a bit too talkative and introspective within sharing her thoughts.

Corky: Undoubtedly so. There's something odd about her, but odd in a sort of way that brings a natural charm. Be it her mannerisms or wily nature, the little quirks about her often make her stand out in a crowd. She's a bit mysterious as well, but that's solely because she can be rather reserved about certain things, often picking and choosing what to share and what to keep to herself.

Morally grounded: Dorothy is one of few Mysts in Fableshore who know right from wrong and don't try to debauch moral for her own personal gain. She has a good heart and isn't susceptible to easy corruption. As admirable as these qualities are, sticking to one side of the moral spectrum in Fableshore has earned her a somewhat limited favor. She's not the most popular person around, but the friends she keeps are the good ones. What Mysts know of her and her rather investigative habits tend to have either pronounced opinions of her, be those good, or bad.

Private: In contrast to how she can be socially, Dorothy prefers to be present when she is needed and not for any longer than she might need to be. Funny enough, when it comes to suspects she might try to interrogate, she;s known to over stay her welcome. However, outside work she doesn't bother anyone that doesn't deserve it. She tends to isolate herself from others with only small exceptions or business discussions pulling her from her privacy. However, she's not shy of engaging in the former, even if she more or less lives in her work.

Skeptic: While Dorothy is fully aware of the case of mythical and fable beings existing, being one herself, and even being gifted with magic, she tends to substitute logic in case of magic where she can. Perhaps it's due to her rather odd prejudice for those whom meddle in magic? Either way, she seems evasive or typically averse to the idea of letting the extraordinary and phenomenon dictate more principle than it should. Furthermore, she seems strict when it comes to whom she is content with practicing magic, often badgering witches and wizards for licenses given to them by Fableshores authorization.

We really aren't in Kansas anymore, or even Oz for that matter. All the same Dorothy has certainly wind up somewhere else, she didn't quite expect to be. Coming to Fableshore was a bumpy ride for her, but less of an immediate case of witches, munchins and yellow brick roads welcoming her to another strange land. Some of those are still around, or so she might assume? The worse of the latter certainly were. Like she could so easily ignore that. To be completely honest Dorothy hasn't had much of an interest in pursuing the adventures of old yesterdays as much as the horizon of new tomorrows. Looking forward instead of back has always certainly been difficult for the brunette, and so she likes to distract herself with whatever she rightfully can. The modern incarnation of that distraction has come in the form of educating herself of all the modern elements, and predicament, of this stranger, and much newer world, than that of the one she remembers from so many years ago.

During Dorothy's early years in Fableshore she surrounded herself with books, while most other Mysts started building names and bases for themselves. While everyone else was out there trying to make something new, trying to build something, or get somewhere, she instead spent most of her time trying to keep the contents of yesterday together. Which was ironic, since she were much more content in the present. She didn't want anymore crazy adventures, and she certainly didn't want any more witches. She had been through that whole ordeal one too many times already, and she was growing up faster than she knew.

For the first few years she tried to ignore it. It wasn't easy. Things around her changed, moved forward, and she remained dormant, sat on a rock in a field of Fableshores youth. It wasn't long before the seeds were planted and the soil became fertile. People found their rightful niche, while others tried to cheat it. Fableshore was once a shrub that had become a forest, and the tall buildings were beginning to remind her of trees as they grew larger and more vast, casting a shadow down on their inhabitants that scurried about below. Dorothy knew too well of what it felt like to be lost in the woods. There were dreadful things there, lurking under the underbrush.

She figured it was all just a bit of a ruse, a gimmick. She didn't believe Fableshore would last, that eventually she would go home again. It took her a few too many dangerous encounters with truly bad mythic folk, and a plethora of tragedies surrounding her close neighbors to get her heads out of the clouds, or more literally, her eyes off a page. To make matters worse figuring out which way was the right way in Fableshore didn't quite seem to have a silver lining with most people. It really started to bother her while injustice naturally sunk in. Ignoring her feelings become troubling because Dorothy was beginning to understand that, when she lost touch with herself, quite strange phenomenons seemed to occur. She promised herself no more tornadoes, no more freak accidents. Well that, and the fact that somebody took her little dog too. Toto was overstepping boundaries.

It seemed like all the signs were inevitability falling back into place. Dorothy would have to adapt to Fableshore like everyone else, even if she wasn't quite like anyone else. Soon enough she began to see the trees surrounding her in their urban forms. And Fableshore certainly had a handful of it's own Lions, Tigers, and Bears. However, these weren't the sort with quite some humble aspirations, and knowing that there certainly wasn't a Wizard to fix them meant she would have to get back on the old road, or pave a new one.

Fun fact: Since then Dorothy has had quite the wild ride. She spend a few years with the Red Precinct, trying to put her hope in the badge. That didn't last very long, due to Dorothy coming to suspect that the police of Fableshore were corrupt. She was discharged from her rank as Detective after pressing into it more than the captain was caring to oblige. After that, and a bit of mopping around trying to figure herself out, with a tonic in her hand and her ambition in the other, she got the idea to start a private investigations company, all by her dang self. It was shortly in her early years of taking on private cases that the city, and some of it's less expected elite, reached out to her, and had her enlisted with the Fableshore Magic Oversight Unit. Such things were a big responsibility, but all the same she took the opportunity. Primarily because she had a certain passion for hunting down negligent magic folk. She's still apart of the unit, it's given her access to some pretty interesting stuff, that she of course monitors closely, but she doesn't have a full time slot digging into units interests. That spots been reserved for her more subtle love of helping Mysts, without having someone to reign over her and tell her what's right, and how to go about doing it.

Distinguishing Features: Nothing too particular aside from an emerald shard necklace she's never seen without. She also has a habit of tying her hair into two low pigtails when she's hard at work. She also seems to have a small bandage on her nose most of the time. It's unclear why.

Special Qualities:

-Perceptive. Dorothy is quite perceptive. She has a keen eye for detail. She's not quite the same girl who wind up lost in Oz some time ago, lost, and trying to find her way home, but she's certainly not forgotten herself through what moderate adventures have taught to her. Often attentive and crafty, even called strangely unorthodox by some, she uses her natural (or perhaps special talent) for the cause of helping other people. Even if that means putting others needs before her own.

Magic Sensitivity/Insensitivity. While not outright being capable of channeling magic through a controlled or even deliberate means, Dorothy has a strange connection to it. She's in tune with it, and can feel when it's around and knows its presence very well. That said, she hardly understands it from a cultured point of view. Maybe it's from all that time she spent around witches in the past, but Dorothy can't quite shake the connection she has with it. That said, her compatibility with magic is often much more disastrous. Spells or tonics that should effect her one way seem to be rather precarious and unpredictable. There have been cases where certain magic has not effected her whatsoever, or concluded with unexpected results. This is tied in partial to her emerald necklace she got as a child, which is a mysterious artifact from the original Emerald City. The collateral of the hocus-pocus is rarely worth the fuss. Due to this Dorothy has become very meticulous when it comes to the subject of magic and it's overall handling around, or against her.

Half-Witch. However, despite knowing of this she represses it. It's because of this that Dorothy's other abilities have remained undeveloped, aside from the odd accident every now and again, to which she leaves her feeling very embarrassed and distressed. Being a half witch certainly has it's perks, even to an individual whom remains remote to their magical gifts, but Dorothy isn't particularly fond of this trait. As a matter of fact, she's unsure where it even came from, be that from former excursions through the strange world of Oz, or something tied to her birthright. A witch might be able to tell her, if she cared to hear it, but it's too bad she spends most of her around such people, badgering them for their legitimacy or certification.

Would you like to bring a small business and or an 'affiliation' into the game? [Y]

Emerald City Atheneum & O.T.R.I

Emerald City Atheneum

Emerald City Atheneum is the largest library in Fableshore. It's named after the Emerald City from OZ, but is not directly connected to it in anyway, other than that of it's caretaker, Dorothy Gale and it's magical interior semblance. However, the establishment is somewhat more than a just a traditional library. Within the library's contents are Fableshores most old and compelling secrets, that few have access to. It also holds the original stories of all Mysts whom have come to share them in town. Many of this information is heavily restricted from visitors, purely for the cause of the greater good. Additionally the library acts much like a conventional one having literature of all types for various bibliophile's pleasure, that tend to regularly come in and out of the library. The library has several floors with a plethora of archived information and leisurely reads made accessible to Mysts.

Dorothy actually lives in a small adjacent building that connections to the library. O.T.R.I can be found there in a shoddy space made from an old storage space. The small independent room that acts as her agency is cluttered, to say the least. She lives in the only apartment just on top of the corresponding apartment building.

Exterior reference pending!

Example 1 | Example 2 | Example 3

(O.T.R.I) Over The Rainbow Investigations Is a very small and very exclusive agency that Dorothy started a few years ago. Officially, it's not even really a real agency, but has been dubbed so by a few charitable, and rather honest supporters in more wealthy and impeccable circles. It is located on the edge of downtown near the waterfront. Officially, the building is just a private hub that's acts an extension to the oldest library in Fableshore, a place where Dorothy spent much of her early residency in city. The place rarely sees visitors whom are outside the more decent or pretty side of town as many customers whom have some sort of extra baggage, tend to be skeptical of bringing their cases through it's doors, concerned that said baggage might be used against them by it's nosy owner. Regardless of it's less favored popularity, the agency holds some of the oldest case details, and historical information, recorded by any other agency in town. Some of this information has come graciously from the library and local police, with another bulk of it's contents being connected to older, more establishing sources, of the cities important documents and heritage. Meanwhile more recent archiving made to it's collection has been made by Dorothy's own input. She's been left appropriately to the task of keeping it's contents safe from more troublesome eyes.

O.T.R.I

Dorothy's apartment

Intimate Ink

Kokaine

Im interested. Most likely I would aim to play Red Riding Hood.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

sullivanthedreadlord

sounds interesting. Can there be characters that can switch between human and animal forms and in-between forms. Like for example the big bad wolf
I walk in the light for ever bathed in its glory, and yet my heart yearns to be consumed by the darkness hidden with in my soul

My O/O Page

Dhampyress

So glad to see some interest already! I'll also note down your request Kokaine.

Quotesounds interesting. Can there be characters that can switch between human and animal forms and in-between forms. Like for example the big bad wolf

Great question. The short answer would be yes. Having a shiftable form would certainly fit within the guidelines of a special quality. However, there might be some repercussions from adapting into a full form. Some other characters might not take to it so well. An example could be that it may be imposing to another Myst.

sullivanthedreadlord

My thoughts on the shapeshifting is it would not just shift from animal to human but perhaps also change gender. If that's okay I was thinking that in wolf form it would be male but in human form female.
I walk in the light for ever bathed in its glory, and yet my heart yearns to be consumed by the darkness hidden with in my soul

My O/O Page

Dhampyress

Quote from: sullivanthedreadlord on January 24, 2018, 07:57:01 PM
My thoughts on the shapeshifting is it would not just shift from animal to human but perhaps also change gender. If that's okay I was thinking that in wolf form it would be male but in human form female.

Absolutely, if this is something you're mulling about for a character concept of your own.

sullivanthedreadlord

In wolf form he would be very aggressive and more prone to violence. Then while in human form less so. I was thinking of going some thing of a dual nature with this character. One form would be more aggressive and assertive while the other form is more laid back sort of thing. My character came to this place to escape their past and accepted went to a witch for help. She said that she could give her access to a human form so he could fit in and escape his past and thus was given a female human form.

My O/O Page

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Dhampyress

Quote from: Crash on January 25, 2018, 07:39:06 AM
Hmm I have a take on Alice that I might want to try.

I'd love to have it as part of the game!

After another show of interest or two and I'll be marking down character requests.

Crash

Quote from: Blissy on January 25, 2018, 09:04:03 AM
I'd love to have it as part of the game!

After another show of interest or two and I'll be marking down character requests.

I was actually writing up a similar game in the Workd Building thread so this is great timing!

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

sullivanthedreadlord

I was thinking like this. I really did like the combining of red and the big bad wolf from Once Upon a Time but instead of following that exactly I would just have my wolf go to a witch to get his human form. He doesn't ask for a human that will help him hide in this new place. So he gets this other form. He may not be entirely happy but at least he can more easily hide from those who would want revenge on his for his past deeds. There is one thing you never do and that is piss off a witch. Especially if you are not one of the heroes of the land. So with nothing to do but do his best to accept his new form he go into hiding in this new place.

My O/O Page

Dhampyress

Quote from: Crash on January 25, 2018, 09:15:07 AM
I was actually writing up a similar game in the Workd Building thread so this is great timing!

I guess my timing was rather impeccable? ^^

QuoteI was thinking like this. I really did like the combining of red and the big bad wolf from Once Upon a Time but instead of following that exactly I would just have my wolf go to a witch to get his human form. He doesn't ask for a human that will help him hide in this new place. So he gets this other form. He may not be entirely happy but at least he can more easily hide from those who would want revenge on his for his past deeds. There is one thing you never do and that is piss off a witch. Especially if you are not one of the heroes of the land. So with nothing to do but do his best to accept his new form he go into hiding in this new place.

I like it and I think it's certainly an acceptable idea.

On the subject of character reservations (as I forgot to mention this earlier on) I'll be reserving Cinderella and Dorothy Gale for myself. I'll eventually be bringing in NPCs where they are needed as well, but that's something I'll look into more once the character sheets start coming in.

sullivanthedreadlord

Will you post up what the character sheets need to look like? I wouldn't mind if the woodsman was either a PC or an NPC who came looking for my character as it is.

My O/O Page

Crash

Better yet maybe Cheshire Cat and Alice for me. ;)

Kokaine

I was thinking of doing Red as the big bad but I guess I will see what other character appeals at this point, if any.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Crash

Huh I figured Red was the big bad wolf like in Once Upon A Time.  Or maybe it is because I know Koka loves werewolves. ;)

Kokaine

Heh, its all good. Maybe I'll do Gretel and see if there'd be anyone interested in playing Hansel. Could have them as hunters or something.

My O/Os

Dhampyress

Quote from: Kokaine on January 25, 2018, 10:30:20 AM
I was thinking of doing Red as the big bad but I guess I will see what other character appeals at this point, if any.

This is important as well, since you requested the character first.

@sullivanthedreadlord: I assume you were discussing the concept as an example, not as a chosen character. So I still think its fair that if Kokaine wants to do something with Red that they would have first dibs. However, if they are considering other concepts than that is entirely up to them. I did want to highlight this point.

sullivanthedreadlord

I didn't want to do any thing with Red but with the wolf instead. If not the one that's tied to red I can simply go for the wolf from the three little pigs or even from the boy who cried wolf, the wolf that ate all of the sheep.

My O/O Page

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Dhampyress

Quote from: Kuroneko on January 25, 2018, 06:35:48 PM
Is there room for another cat? Puss in Boots?

Of course!

And with that said, I'll be working on adding the character sheet section!

Kokaine

Quote from: Blissy on January 25, 2018, 05:52:39 PM
This is important as well, since you requested the character first.

@sullivanthedreadlord: I assume you were discussing the concept as an example, not as a chosen character. So I still think its fair that if Kokaine wants to do something with Red that they would have first dibs. However, if they are considering other concepts than that is entirely up to them. I did want to highlight this point.

Quote from: sullivanthedreadlord on January 25, 2018, 06:04:18 PM
I didn't want to do any thing with Red but with the wolf instead. If not the one that's tied to red I can simply go for the wolf from the three little pigs or even from the boy who cried wolf, the wolf that ate all of the sheep.

Appreciate the clarification, and no worries. In this instance I'd say its more my own fault for not being more clear when I initially spoke up and I'm not looking to chase anyone off from a concept they want to play. That said, I don't want to do an idea that is too much like another's so I may twist Red to be a huntsman (though, very much a woman) instead. I'm chewing it over. I could do Gretel but as mentioned, I'd want someone to fill the role of Hansel if I do. There's also the possibility of Goldilocks as one helluva thief...

My O/Os

sullivanthedreadlord

Quote from: Kokaine on January 25, 2018, 07:17:10 PM
Appreciate the clarification, and no worries. In this instance I'd say its more my own fault for not being more clear when I initially spoke up and I'm not looking to chase anyone off from a concept they want to play. That said, I don't want to do an idea that is too much like another's so I may twist Red to be a huntsman (though, very much a woman) instead. I'm chewing it over. I could do Gretel but as mentioned, I'd want someone to fill the role of Hansel if I do. There's also the possibility of Goldilocks as one helluva thief...

I'd be open to with character of Hansel or doing a huntsman/wolf. I am open to other suggestions if you want. I was initially just wanting to do a character running from a dark past.

My O/O Page

Dhampyress

Informative Post

Character sheets are up! I've added them to the bottom of the first post as well as included one of my own character profiles as an example of a finished sheet. I've also tweaked the "So where to from here" section of the first post. With that said, and character sheets more than likely coming in soon, I wanted to discuss magic with you folks, who have shown initial interest. I figure some of you might get curious about the more elaborate forms of magic that exist in the game as I know I only mentioned on them briefly in the first write up of the post. I know one great topic we discussed was shape-shifting. Furthermore, the topic might come up with some of the lovely character concepts you guys have been concocting, especially with the sheet now accessible through the bottom of the first post .

Originally, in earlier runs of the game, most of the prevailing magic that was easiest to find in Fableshore came in a sort of pharmaceutical form. Think a drug, or a potion, for something less deleterious. The term I used in the original game was "Tonics" to refer to these serums.

Tonics in themselves ranged from simple things (easily obtainable) to more pesky things (a bit more difficult to acquire). These tonics were available to everyone to add a bit more magic, beyond Mysts special qualities to the game, and an element that worked into the plot and daily practices of what Mysts in Fableshore might want. Obviously the demand was all over the place as it's purpose was to generate in character scenes and give player characters a simple reason to build bridges, or break them. I preferred these serums to be obtained through various scenes, but wasn't against average Mysts having sensible access to the more regulated types. Anything a step away from that would certainly be something players would have to write out with others.

I'd like to hear some feedback about this from you guys. Does it sound like something interesting? I'd also be open to answer any questions about the concept that you may have as I still have the original details about this subject reversed and accessible.