My Massive List of Superhero Ideas. Marvel, DC, Smallville.

Started by jacobjon, April 18, 2015, 12:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacobjon

Hello, and thank you for checking out my thread. Each of these ideas is seeking a female character, though the gender of the player doesn't matter.

In the posts below, you will find my collection of superhero ideas. I've arranged things by Marvel, DC, and Smallville. The DC post contains ideas for shows like Arrow and the Flash. 

I will be updating this list frequently. Please do not post below, as I want to keep it fairly organized.
"You fight for the wizard?" Black Adam

"I fight for those who can't fight for themselves." Superman

jacobjon

DC Ideas

Many of the ideas in this section are Superman themed. As you might guess, he is a favorite of mine. If any of those ideas jumps out at you at all, let me know. We might be able to tweak it to suit both of us.

Arrow Year One (Arrow and Felicity)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
This one would be loosely based on the tv series, but not bound by it. I really want to create an original take on the characters and situation.

Oliver Queen has returned from five years on a hellish island, and now seeks to use the skills he learned there to bring justice to his city. The problem is that while the island might have taught him how to fight and shoot, it gave him no information on how to hack into databases or track a foe's digital movements. In order to complete his mission, Oliver is forced to recruit someone with the skills he lacks.

His search ends before it ever really begins. While walking home, Felicity Smoak is attacked by a mugger, only to be rescued by the Arrow. Oliver recognizes her as an employee of the company, someone with unrivaled computer skills. Bringing her into the fold puts her life at risk, but it means protecting the rest of the city.

I would like to see this develop into a loving romance that is mixed with action. The two have to learn how to deal with their significant other being put into harm's way, and have to consider that even together, they may not be enough to save the city.

Flashpoint (Barry and Caitlin Snow)

This one is taking a bit of a leap from where the show is now. Barry finds a way to travel back in time and confront the man in yellow on the night his mother was killed. A battle ensues, and in the end his mother is saved. Barry returns to the present day, expecting to find a world where all his problems never happened.

Instead, he returns to a nightmare. The world is on the brink of war, and Metahumans have taken control of Central City. This is a world where the Flash never existed, and time is punishing Barry for his manipulations. Barry seeks out his old team, looking for a way to make things right, but the only one he can find is Caitlin. Can the two of them put the world back the way it was?

Injustice (Superman/Wonder Woman. More dom/sub)

This is loosely based on the video game.

A disaster devastates Metropolis, leaving countless dead and the world vulnerable to future attacks. In the wake of such loss, Superman starts to question whether his previous tactics have been for the best. Could all of this had been avoided if he had been more firm and proactive?

As he sorts through all of this, he finds comfort in the arms of Wonder Woman. Diana has always been a little more strong and proactive than Clark, and now the two of them find themselves pushing their limits. At the same time, this new, more dominant Clark finds that his romantic tastes have become a little more dominant.

Partners (Superman/Lois)

Lex Luthor is a canidate for President of the United States, and barring something unexpected, he is assured to win. Lois Lane started out researching him for a puff piece, but she found some irregularities in his history that she couldn't explain. As she dug deeper, she found connections to organized crime, illegal experiments, and worse, but she couldn't prove any of it. Her publishers ordered her to kill the story, as it was going nowhere, but she continued to dig. She was sure she was close to something, she just had to dig a little deeper.

On the way home one evening, she is attacked by a few masked men. She realizes at once that it is a hit. It will look like a robbery gone wrong, but her investigation into Lex will be silenced. Instead of finding a police officer or good Samaritan, she finds 'him.' The vigilante in blue and red has been protecting Metropolis for months, but he isolates himself from people. In turn, people fear his superhuman powers, and most consider him a menace in the making. When Lois looks at him though, she just sees his kind eyes and concern for others.

I'm looking to do a retelling of the Clark/Lois romance. I'd like to develop a long term relationship, where Lois gains a partner in her investigation and Clark gains a connection to humanity and an outlet to start to gain the world's trust.

Rise of the Syndicate (Ultraman/female character)

"This world is ours."

With that simple message, the Crime Syndicate announces that they have taken over the world, removing the Justice League as a threat. One by one, countries start to cave to the Syndicate. As he consolidates his power, Ultraman prepares this world for the threat that destroyed his home.

(This could go a number of different ways. The pairing could be between Ultraman and a female member of the Syndicate, such as Superwoman. It would be like a Superman/Wonder Woman relationship, except Ultraman might expect her to be more submissive. The pairing could also be between Ultraman and one of the fallen heroes of this earth. She could be kept as a trophy, a symbol of the futility of resisting the Syndicate.)

Scoop of the Century (Superman/Lois. Manipulative)

Superman is the story of the century, but nobody has been able to break it yet. He has been operating in Metropolis for three months now, but nobody has gotten him to explain who he is. In fact, nobody has really gotten him to talk. As soon as he helps solve a problem, he takes off and disappears into the sky. Just because he doesn't want his story told, however, doesn't mean people don't want to find it. Some news agencies are offering huge cash rewards for any information on Superman.

One of the people trying to cash in on those rewards is Lois Lane. She's an aspiring journalist, but news agencies aren't hiring right now, so Superman is her ticket to starting her real life. While trying to track his movements, she gets herself into some hot water. When Superman arrives to help, she expects him to just leave like he always does once she is safe, but something stops him. He stops to make sure she is alright, sees her home, and they even talk a little bit before he leaves.

Rather than cash in what little she knows, Lois tries to get more, putting herself into real and perhaps even fictitious dangerous situations. When Superman arrives, he is always concerned and seems to let his guard down a little more every time. Lois is getting close to learning everything and getting a shot at the life she wants. Unfortunately, she is realizing she is also starting to care about the man she is manipulating.

There are a whole bunch of exciting ways this can go. How far is Lois willing to go to keep attracting Superman's attention? Will she ever tell Clark the truth? What happens if he discovers it on his own? And what happens if someone like Luthor figures out Lois can be used to manipulate Clark and keep him out of a fight?

Training Days (Arrow/Canary)

After a personal loss, Dina Laurel Lance is determined to become a tool for justice, something that can make sure others don't suffer her same loss. With limited training, she has success against isolated criminals, but finds herself overwhelmed in the face of the more organized, violent criminal element.

During one of her less successful encounters with organized crime, she runs across the Arrow, Star City's other vigilante. The Arrow has been in action longer, and knows his training could be a valuable asset to her journey to reach her full potential. Unfortunately, the Arrow isn't looking for a partner, and instead warns her to get out of this life while she can.

Rather than give up, the Canary continues to put herself in dangerous situations, forcing the Arrow into a reluctant partnership, since letting her go untrained will clearly get her killed. While he starts out seeing her as a disruption, over time he starts to warm to the idea of a partner. Eventually, he starts to wonder if she might be something more.

World of Men (Superman/Wonder Woman)

Exactly one year ago, Queen Hippolyta  of the amazons started having visions. She wouldn't tell anyone what she saw, but she warned that the dangers she was warned about could spell doom for the entire world. Hippolyta left her daughter, Diana, in charge of the amazons while the queen went to combat the threat directly. Diana's orders were clear. If a year passed and Hippolyta hadn't returned, Diana was to travel to the world of men and seek out the danger herself.

A year has passed, and there is no word from the queen. Diana arms herself and travels to the world of men for the first time. All her life, she has been warned about this world, told that the men here are cruel, yet weak compared to the amazons. As she travels, Diana realizes that is not true for all of them. She quickly learns that this world is protected by a being who calls himself Superman. Superman is the first man to be able to match her power, yet doesn't use that power for selfish gains. As Diana reevaluates her beliefs, she realizes she might require a partner to succeed where her mother failed.

jacobjon

Marvel Ideas

As the World Turns its Back (Magneto/Original Character)

After his attack on the White House during the unveiling of the Sentinel program, finding and capturing Magneto is a top priority for law enforcement. The newly formed SHIELD is throwing countless resources at finding Magneto and bringing him down. Your character is the agent in charge of the search on the ground. She's had a number of close calls, but has yet to complete her objective.

Pressure from the top is starting to mount. With all the stresses pushing down on her, her latent mutant power activates for the first time. What that power is is up to you, but I'm picturing it going off somewhere public, for all of SHIELD to see. In the aftermath of the reveal, her superiors have questions. How long has she known she is a mutant? Has she been helping Magneto all along? Despite her stellar record, she is sent off to a remote holding facility until her fate can be decided.

After several days of waiting, alarms at the facility start going off. The Brotherhood of Mutants is attacking the location, liberating mutants who have been wrongly imprisoned. Magneto and the woman who was to stop him are suddenly face to face, though now she has experienced how mutants are treated.

Changing Mists (Black Bolt/Medusa)

I'm really interested in doing a story on the early romance between Black Bolt and Medusa. My knowledge of the Inhumans isn't what it could be, and you don't need any. We can simply create what we don't know.

For every Inhuman, going through the Terrigan Mists is a right of passage that defines your life. Everyone reacts to the mist differently, so one never knows what to expect. Black Bolt goes though the process like everyone else, but his change is unusually profound. While he looks the same, his voice has been changed. Now even his smallest whisper can cause untold devastation. For the protection of all, he is placed in isolation until he can learn to live his life without ever uttering a sound.

Most of his time is spent alone, but he is allowed the occasional visitor. That visitor comes in the form of Medusa. The two have an arranged marriage from years ago, but he has a hard time imagining she will still be interested in such a thing now. It comes as a surprise when she continues to visit, even starts to learn how the two can communicate with one another.

Mortal Entanglements (Thor/Jane Foster. Manipulative)

Earth faces increasing peril, both from other realms and from supernatural threats within. While most of Asgard is happy to turn a blind eye to earth, Thor has taken it upon himself to serve as earth's full time protector.

While most humans are still trying to figure out what to make of Thor's presence, Thor's adopted brother Loki has decided it is a disaster. Loki has big plans for earth, and all of them are endangered if Thor starts sticking his nose in things. Loki starts looking for anything that could distract Thor's gaze from his plans, and his search is rewarded when he observes an interaction between Thor and a mortal named Jane Foster. The interaction is brief, but Thor seems taken by the young woman. With the proper motivation, she could make the perfect distraction.

That evening, Loki pays Jane a visit and lays things out for her. From now on, her purpose in life is to distract Thor. Loki will come to her from time to time with instructions. She will follow these instructions to the letter, doing whatever she can to make sure Thor's gaze stays away from Loki's plans. Should she fail even once, her family, friends, and coworkers will all perish mysteriously.

Thunder (Thor/Sif)

Thor is the self-appointed protector of earth, but recent events have called him back to Asgard. Some unknown force is causing chaos through the nine realms, causing endless wars and challenges to Asgardian power. Thor is tasked with restoring peace, and is given a small team to accomplish the task. His right hand for the mission is the Lady Sif.

Sif has long desired to have more than their current relationship, a fact that everyone but Thor is well aware of. As Thor starts to settle into his role in command and starts to depend more and more on Sif's wisdom and skill, he starts to look at her in a different way. Yet even as sparks fly between them, the situation between the realms deteriorates. 

Grander plot ideas could be worked out, but I'm imagining Loki would be involved.

Plotless Pairings:

Bruce Banner/Black Widow
Captain America/Black Widow
Magneto/Rogue

jacobjon

Smallville Ideas

A Fallen World (Clark/Lois)

Several years in the future, in a time where Clark has accepted his destiny as Superman, disaster strikes. Shadowy forces attack the earth, and though Superman tries to stop them, he ultimately falls.

Unwilling to accept defeat, his wife, Lois Lane, travels to the fortress and uses it to travel back to a time before she knew Clark. She finds herself inhabiting her body from several years ago, with all her memories and experiences from the future. It is her hope to convince him of the coming threat, and to use her knowledge of his full potential to train him to become someone who can save the world.

(This is a vague little outline, but you get the idea. The idea here is to pair Clark with a slightly older Lois. She would be more experienced than him in the ways of the real world, as well as her knowledge of their relationship.

Keeping the Secret (Clark/Chloe)

Let me preface this one by saying that for the first three years of the show, I hoped the series would end with Chloe moving to Metropolis and taking the pen name 'Lois Lane.'

This one would take place fairly early in the show's run. Something happens that forces Clark to reveal his powers to Chloe, which is a worst case scenario for him. Her desire for the truth will force her to publish his secret, right? When she doesn't, it creates a new connection between the two of them. Suddenly, Clark has a partner, someone he can turn to through the insanity of his life. He never realized just how much he needed something like that.

In Another Life (Clark/Tess)

I really like the idea of an alternate Smallville, one where Tess was the heiress to the Luthor fortune who was sent to Smallville to master her business skills. It is Tess who gets distracted while driving and hits young Clark Kent with her car. When the young man is unharmed by the impact, she starts to grow suspicious. Despite her hunger for knowledge, the two become friends, and eventually something more. That close connection encourages Clark to tell Tess the truth, letting his guard down around the daughter of the town's most hated man.

What would a world look like where Lionel Luthor's daughter ended up with the son of Jor-El? How would their destinies be shaped? And what would happen when Tess's brother Lex came looking to take over the family business? These are questions I would love to answer.

If none of these jump out at you, I'm likely open to any pairing of Clark and a female character from the series.

jacobjon

Added an idea to the DC list and subtracted another. Also added several ideas to the Smallville section.

jacobjon

jacobjon

jacobjon

jacobjon