Deus Ex: Monstergirl Revolution

Started by ShadowFox89, February 06, 2013, 02:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

I'm not even sure how to answer that question with how badly the English was chopped up >.<'

List to me your class, the track you multiclassed into, and the full buy-in track. That should be 4 tracks, 2 from your class, and 2 non-racial tracks.

If you only have 3 tracks, you don't need full buy-in. That's only if you want a 4th track in exchange for a worse magic item progression. If you took vigilante, vigilante gains the track progression of whatever track it replaced. You said paladin with the Judgement track and Bastion for your Dedication, right?

That means Vigilante gains the progression of your Oath track. You get all the abilities of your tracks up to your level. So you get Knowing, Mercy, Grace, and the first two track abilities for each of the other tracks.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Ah! Thanks! That is what I wanted ask; do I get abilities from more than just one track. But I get abilities from Judgement + 2 other tracks what I chose (placed in Devotion and Oath progression paths).

Overall I thinked use a feat called Guild Association or whatever it was but I read it meant that because I belong to some Guild (or organization this case), I can replace any my class granted tracks with any track I want from other class or non-monster tracks (like Vigilante). So could place Vigilante to Oath track example when I normaly would not.

Anyways thanks confirming the full buy-in, I assumed I get one awesome magic weapon than just 4th track which I feel do not need. But question; can I upragde my weapon what I gain via Sun Grows Dim? When I would select new magic item, can I select upragde (or feature) added to weapon what I can summon? It had some rules regarding how upragde weapons and we could consider my weapon what I get via feat started out as mundane.

ShadowFox89

You might as well just multiclass, instead of taking the Guild Initiation feat. Guild Initation just lets you multiclass a second time.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

I think The Sun Grows Dim just lets you make a mundane weapon.  It can still be useful, as you get to pick any property whenever you summon it, but as far as I know it doesn't let you constantly make new magic items.  I'll see if I can get an answer for sure real quick, though.  (Edit: Just asked, yes, it's only mundane items.)

Depending on what you're going for with theme however, it's possible to get the Variable magic property on an item, which lets you replace any or all of its properties with new ones, or the Extradimensional property, which lets you instantly summon it to your hands no matter where it is.

ShadowFox89

It's only mundane items, so you cannot use one of your bound magic item slots with the items you make.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

*sigh*

There goes my concept then and need go back drawing board again. I wanted a cool shadow themed powers for my paladin which is not considered 'spells'. Conjuring mundane weapons from shadow was cool but it would be serious personal nerf if I never go and take a magical weapon. Perhaps tailor customed charm which expands on powers of The Sun Grows Dim to allow add additional properties and make items lesser magic in quality? Along with further upragdes to make greater item and then to relic.

Sethala

There's no reason your weapon can't be something summoned from shadows, though.  It just means that you can't use the feat to accomplish it.

The main thing is, what do you actually want from The Sun Grows Dim?  Magic weapons can have a bunch of extra properties added on (two points of properties if you have a greater magic item).  Do you just want to be able to create a weapon out of nothingness?  You can have a magic weapon with the Extradimensional property, which means you can instantly summon it to your hand, from anywhere, as a free action (which lets you hide it with no effort, as well as be effectively immune to disarm).  If you like the idea of a "morphing" weapon that can keep changing its function, Variable lets you do that (and will let you change all three of the properties, instead of forcing you to keep Hold-out and Quick-draw), although note that you can't change the weapon between melee or ranged; it has to stay as one or the other.

All of these can be themed however you want.  Extradimensional can just be the weapon popping out of hammerspace, it can be you reaching through a portal and pulling it out, or it can be formed from shadows.  Variable can be a mechanical weapon that's made out of different parts, or again it can be a shadow weapon that simply reforms itself however you want.

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, so with greater magic item I could have greater magic weapon which has both variable and extradimensional qualities. Although I would need choose between a ranged or melee weapon this case and stick with it (until I get another greater magic item slot and could get another weapon meant for different range).

Overall I wanted able conjure any weapon from shadow which has variable qualities (and magic enchantments probably).

CarnivorousBunny

Are you still looking for monstergirls? I'm throwing in my tentative interest :)
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, so far as I know there is still room.

ShadowFox89

Well, I'll be accepting around 4 people, but it isn't first come first serve.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Datawych

D'you have any idea when you'll be starting, yet?

CarnivorousBunny

Oh, I'm currently on a dive trip on the island of Palau, and the internet is pretty bad.  So IF the slots are not filled in the next 2-3 days, I'll make a profile.  If I don't get to join I hope you guys have fun :)
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, edited my char now. He has as greater weapon a item called generic wise as 'shadow sword' and he can conjure items with his shadow conjuring ability (but have dagger listed none the less if he needs shadow conjured weapon for something). But he can conjure any mundane simple items (including sex toys like dildos, manacles, blindfolds). Also added he has as lesser item 'developed' a darkvision for himself. While having tech gadget in form of HUD tactical field map from bracer in his wrist.

Also as Vigilante he is able call streamlined light armor (a shadow armor) and he knows how do devastating singular attack kicks (while sword allows him do multiple attacks and it also got scything property so it's mostly means make multiple attacks). Also got feat which allows him deliver melee attacks in close range. He has Bastion track so all folks in 25'ft is able to block 18pts dmg from friend once per encounter as immediate action (and he himself has quite high perception and awareness).

ShadowFox89

I'll give it until, let's say Tuesday, then give a final check over the sheets.

Game will be going up the the Extreme section though, and please let me know of any offs that you don't want crossed.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Ok, my character sheet's finished, but I can't remember how to upload it to the wiki...

ShadowFox89

Having a typed up sheet here will suffice.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

I'll give Bunny and Rez a few more days (let's say, Friday) to get profiles for characters together. Can't wait any longer than that.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Sethala

Ok, so some background planning for Tyalia:

Like many monstergirls, Tyalia never had the chance for a normal life.  She was a slave even since birth, trained in the ways of sex and pleasuring men and women as soon as she was old enough.  She was beautiful and skilled, two things that made her nearly irresistible, and she had a feisty attitude that many people would love to try and break.  As a result, she was sold many times, eventually being owned by a man named James Winston.

It is rarely a good idea to keep a wild animal for a pet however, and unfortunately for James, this is a lesson he learned the hard way.  One night, Tyalia managed to free herself, escaping his mansion after brutally murdering his wife, and horribly maiming James himself.  She fled before she could finish the job, James's other servants managing to save his life with the help of augmentations, though so far Tyalia has managed to elude her former owner.

Once free, she was dismayed to learn that while most countries considered monstergirls to be citizens, the people in them rarely agreed, often suppressing their rights and considering them little more than whores.  The large corporations were no help, of course, usually placing monstergirls in dangerous jobs where "normal people" didn't want to risk getting hurt, paying them as little as the law would allow.  Enraged, she went on a path of destruction, going from city to city destroying as much as she could to hurt those who take advantage of her people.  Eventually, her actions drew the eye of OphaniCorp after she destroyed a warehouse belonging to one of their major rivals.

She became an unofficial mercenary of the company, going after targets they selected in exchange for money and enahncements, the corporation paying to have her augmented with faster reflexes, as well as implanting sharp blades into her claws.  Further, they also created an AI guardian, named Molly, to watch over and protect her, as well as keep an eye on her for the company.  Despite Molly spying on her, she was mostly allowed to do as she pleased, the company deciding that allowing her complete autonomy would keep them unconnected from any crimes she committed.  While she is aware that Molly is watching her, that hasn't prevented her from doing whatever she pleases.

I'll do more on her personality later.

ReijiTabibito

89, if I'm too late, lemme know.

There's a couple things I need to edit based on Sethala's found 1.0 errata, but this is all accurate to the moment.

https://elliquiy.com/wiki/File:Deus_Ex_Dragongal.pdf

EDITED.

ShadowFox89

Where's the sheet? And character information?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ReijiTabibito

Edited my post with the sheet, and character info should be forthcoming...soon.  I hope.

ShadowFox89

Waiting for that bio information.
Call me Shadow
My A/A