Game Protagonists at War (Accepting Applications)

Started by BruceTheCat, August 11, 2014, 10:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceTheCat

Approved Divine! Go ahead and put your character in the Character Sheets thread, then jump in and say hello to the players in the OOC. You can start posting whenever you like, but get an idea from Presta (Pandora GM) and team how to work your character in so that she is introduced quickly.

@Vaulera, can you make a second pass on your Weaknesses? I don't really see only being able to fight for 20-30 minutes at full capacity, as well as bloodlust as something the GMs could use against you in combat or role play.

Thanks!
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Divine Tenacity

Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

Rel Mayer

Lustful Bride

Vaulera

I touched the weaknesses up, but it's kinda tricky sticking to things that are Canon, which is something I've tried to do. Tell me if I need to add one more, or change something, because as a GM, I understand the need for that kind of thing.

Outlaw Fallen

I don't know if it was mentioned yet, but you do have certain liberties you can take with the character. I mean, she doesn't have to be 100% canon. Unless that's what you're trying to do, in which case, ignore me.
"I fought the decisions that called and lost
My mark has the relevant piece in this
I will come reformed
In short, for the murder of those I court
I bless the hour that holds your fall
I will kill you all" - Coheed & Cambria
A/A's UPDATED! (6/6/19) | Desires | Outlaw-bait

"Doesn't love always begin that way; with the illusion more real than the woman?" - Jean-Luc Picard

Vaulera

Oh, that's very intentional, but thank you for being so kind about it. She is "canonical" in that she follows the theme of the character made by Capcom, and if I'm not going to change anything drastically for the better, then I think it's better if I work creatively inside the boundaries set by the Canon!

BruceTheCat

Approved Valuera! Go ahead and move your character sheet over to the Character Sheet thread, and say hello in the OOC!

I will send you a separate PM with some details to get you rolling in the game.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

xPeachyPuff

Right, sorry about the delay on my part. Getting back into the swing of things now and have finished Elizabeth! Let me know what you think (:

Elizabeth Comstock

Current Occupation: Elizabeth has two things in particular that she does for a living; art and singing. Her artwork is small time compared to some of the bigger artists around, but she does sell the occasional piece; mostly sketches and paintings. She relies more on her singing to keep her funded, booking as many small time gigs as she can fit in at small cafes, pubs and bars and has even taken to busking. She also sings in a choir at the local church, but that isn't something she is paid money for.

Home World Information: Set in 1912, Columbia is a beautiful city suspended in the air through a combination of giant blimps, balloons, reactors, propellers, and mainly "quantum levitation." The city of Columbia was founded by self-proclaimed prophet Zachary Hale Comstock who used his connections in Congress to have the American government build it. They intended the city to become a floating worlds fair and to display to the world the success for American exceptionalism. Under Comstock's rule, Columbia became a militant pseudo-Christian utopian society that worshiped him as a divine prophetic figure and the Founding Fathers of the United States as religious icons. Despite Columbia's apparent utopia exteriors, it is soon revealed to be a hidden dystopia. Institutional racism and elitism are widespread in the city, with White supremacy of the upper and middle classes heavily enforced by the government as law. Despite the drive for racial purity in Columbia, people of minority races are brought in to the city as a source for cheap labor. They are the underclass of Columbia, and are subjugated to serve mainly as slaves or indentured servants. As a result of this subjugation, minorities are largely relegated to menial and hard labor with no obvious opportunity for upward mobility. Racial segregation is also heavily enforced within the city, to the point where interracial couples face the risk of a public stoning. Thanks to one of the most powerful businessmen in Columbia, Jeremiah Fink, an item called Vigors has been manufactured; vials of seemingly harmless liquids that will cause the user to acquire a power of sorts. There are more than one specific vigor, though Elizabeth is not known to use them.

Appearance/Style Description: Standing at 5'6", Elizabeth is a pretty young thing with a slender figure, slightly hour-glass figure. She has long, dark brown, bordering on black hair and a pair of piercing blue eyes. Her right pinky is always covered with a silver thimble to hide her misshapen finger; an accident that occurred during the early days of her childhood when she was but an infant. Her hair is usually tied back, though there are occasions she likes wearing it down. Though she has been cast from her home world, her style is very similar, picking longer dresses or skirts above pants of any kind. Anything girly is OK by her. Elizabeth is always seen to be wearing a pretty ribbon and lace choker with a dark pendant decorating it; an empty birdcage is all that adorns the pendant.

Personality: Despite years of isolation, Elizabeth has a free-willed, almost childlike spirit. She has a biting wit and sarcastic humor but can also be a little mischievous; mainly demonstrated by her skill of lock picking and finding items that some might not see after a few glances. At the same time, she possesses an immense amount of reserve and determination, as she is able to focus on her goals and move past stressful situations relatively quickly, though they still affect her deeply. The only thing to keep her company in her prison was books, Elizabeth is a fountain of information, ranging from lock-picking to medical treatment. Despite her immense intellect, her determination and lack of life experience have made her somewhat reckless, and she does not always think her plans through.

History: Elizabeth, originally named Anna DeWitt, was born in 1893 to Booker DeWitt and an unknown mother who died during childbirth. Booker, then a Pinkerton agent, was expelled from the agency after Anna's birth for his use of extreme brutality in quelling a workers' strike. Booker then descended into depression, excessive drinking, and gambling, building up a large debt burden. Later that year, Booker was contacted by Robert Lutece, a representative of Father Zachary Hale Comstock, an enigmatic man who offered to pay off all of Booker's debts in exchange for Anna. On October 8th, Booker gave Anna to Robert as instructed; however, feeling immediately regretful for his actions, he pursued Robert to retrieve her. He found Robert at an open Tear between dimensions, and struggled with Comstock  to take Anna back, as Rosalind Lutece looked on. His efforts were in vain, and the three escaped with Anna through the Tear. As the portal closed, it severed Anna's pinkie finger when she reached out for her father, placing her simultaneously in two different realities.

Anna was taken to the floating city of Columbia, built in a parallel universe by Comstock, an alternate version of her father who was unable to have his own biological children. Seeing that Columbia would fall without an heir, he set Robert and Rosalind Lutece to retrieve Anna to ensure the city's continued prosperity. The populace of the city was told that Anna, renamed Elizabeth, was a miracle child who grew in Lady Comstock's womb for only seven days before her birth. Elizabeth was to be upheld as the heir to Comstock's throne who would one day "cleanse the Sodom of the world below." However, Lady Comstock believed that Elizabeth was the bastard child of Rosalind and Comstock, and demanded that the child be removed from her home. Around this time, Tears in reality began to appear in Columbia, confusing and terrifying the populace. These appearances were likely caused by Elizabeth's arrival in the city, as it was eventually determined that she had the ability to create Tears in space-time at will. Because of this ability and Lady Comstock's fervent rejection of her, Elizabeth was moved to Monument Island for containment and study. One of these Tears contained the city of Rapture and the works of Dr. Yi Suchong such as Plasmids and Protectors known as the Big Daddy. Fink and Suchong collaborated on a protector for Elizabeth - and thus the Songbird was created by Jeremiah Fink to guard her. Elizabeth bonded with the Songbird through an act of kindness when it crashed into her tower and she found its oxygen tube detached. Elizabeth reattached it and thus the Songbird imprinted on the young girl.

As Elizabeth grew she spent her time reading, appreciating art, learning a variety of skills (such as dressmaking, painting, and lock picking), and experimenting with Tears. By the time Elizabeth reached puberty, she began to resent Songbird and wished to leave her tower. When her powers peaked during puberty, allowing her to not only open tears but also create new ones, the Lutece twins constructed a device to control Elizabeth's use of her powers. They installed the Siphon in her tower to keep her from achieving her full potential.

Elizabeth remained in her tower until July 6, 1912, the anniversary of Columbia's secession, when Booker DeWitt finally arrives in the city.

Current Situation: Wandering, trying to find out more about the situation and trying to find ways she can help.

Weapon:
The Paddywhacker Hand Cannon is a six-shot revolver capable of excellent accuracy and vast stopping power. Though slow to fire and quick to run low on ammunition, the Hand Cannon is effective against standard enemies and elite foes alike.

The Sky-Hook is designed for both transport and combat. The tool is fitted with a series of gears and three rotating scoops to attach to the Sky-Lines running through the city of Columbia, allowing Elizabeth to ride and eject from them at will. While riding a Sky-Line Elizabeth can strike an enemy from the air, inflicting critical damage. On ground, the Sky-Hook inflicts moderate amounts of damage per hit, and can be used on weakened enemies to perform a devastating (and gory) execution, killing them instantly.

Special Powers:
○ Tears/Portals - Elizabeth can see or create tears/portals which in short is a rip in atmosphere. This allows her to open these tears wider, opening portals into other worlds. Thing is, these portals don't always go her way and she cannot see what is on the other side, not completely; most of her tears come completely random to her. Elizabeth can also pull items from these worlds, into her own, though this doesn't always go to plan either.

Strengths:
○ Lock Picking - Due to spending most of her life in confinement (through no choice of her own) Elizabeth had no only planned her escape, but also attempted it more than once as well. This mostly resulted in her learning to pick locks and so long as she has the right equipment, she could be useful by getting into places.
• Cryptography - Another fruit of her labor from her time locked up in her tower is her skill to decipher codes and puzzles. Others may have no idea to the answers of these puzzles, but Elizabeth, although no means a master in this art, could give any cryptic code a decent pop.
○ A Listener - Elizabeth is a friendly person and a good listener. She's easy to warm up to, even if some may have their apprehensions about her at first. This life skill also makes her a quick learner; you won't get her asking questions once the lesion has already been explained.
• Keen Eyes - Being very aware of her surroundings has its perks. Elizabeth can spot items even in the heat of battle that others may not see straight away, if at all. From ammunition to health kits, even to money, she's always willing to give a helping hand and pick up these items that people may need.

Weaknesses:
○ Melee Combat - While Elizabeth can handle herself via basic self defense, she could in no way go up against more than one enemy and would do much better with a distance between them.
• Naive - Although this contributes to her 'happy-go-lucky' quirk, this can also make Elizabeth reckless and that can be dangerous. She doesn't tend to think of the consequence of her actions and if she doesn't want to do something shes strongly against, she won't.
○ Violence - Elizabeth struggles with watching or being a part of any sort of violence; though she knows that sometimes it can be necessary. It doesn't mean she has to enjoy it.

- Rainbow ♥

Lustful Bride

IM so excited we (hopefully) have Elizabeth joining our group. If she needs a place to stay she can room with Megan! A real girls night!  ;D

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Lustful Bride on October 10, 2014, 03:11:26 PM
IM so excited we (hopefully) have Elizabeth joining our group. If she needs a place to stay she can room with Megan! A real girls night!  ;D

Ah, thank you! :3 Sounds great! >3<

- Rainbow ♥

BruceTheCat

Hey Snorkle! Your character sheet looks good, I just want to talk about your Tears power really quick.

Since we aren't doing the whole alternate universe thing at the moment, how about instead her Tear power lets her open portals to random other Home Worlds. She can't control where it goes, so it would give us as the GM's a good deal of creative ability to say what comes out the other side. Obviously it can be quite dangerous.
- scribus1000

Angaroo

Lenneth Valkyrie

Current Occupation: Works in a nursing home.

Home World Information: Asgard is the realm in which Lenneth spends most of her time in, as well as most of the other Aesir. It is subdivided into five areas: Jotunheim (the land of ice), Muspelheim (the land of fire), Niflheim (the land of the dead), Alfheim (the land of the light elves) and Valhalla, where Rufus rules alongside Freya using the power of Gungnir, one of the Four Treasures. Valhalla is also where the Einherjar who have been deemed ready by a Valkyrie reside. The Hall of Valhalla also houses the Water Mirror, capable of contacting any being or connecting to any location. The main feature of Asgard is Yggdrasil, the World Tree, at the top of which contains the knowledge of the gods. Lenneth lived in Asgard peacefully for centuries, occasionally travelling to Midgard to perform her duties as a Valkyrie. However, the peace was broken when The Legion suddenly attacked Asgard in great numbers. Lenneth has no knowledge of what is happening back home since the only physical connection between Asgard and Midgard, a rainbow bridge called Bifrost, has been sealed off by some sort of dark magic.  (Reference)

Appearance/Style Description: Lenneth's skin is quite bit paler then what one would consider to be a 'normal' Caucasian colour. Her long, shimmering, bright-silver hair is usually either always worn in large braids or just left hanging free, although she prefers it braided. Her eyes are a piercing sky-blue. While in combat, her armor matches the colour of her eyes, which is accented by the gold and red trim. When Lenneth is working, she tends to wear a nice simple dress, which sometimes vary in colour depending on her mood. She can also be seen wearing jeans and a sleeveless shirt at work, although that would probably be something she'd wear around the house.

Personality: Lenneth is probably the friendliest person you will ever meet. Despite some scorn from other Aesir, she has come to love humans, so much that she has even sworn herself as one of their protectors. She's the kind of person who enjoys the people she is with just because they are there with her. When it comes to work, either as her job as an assistant or her duties as a Valkyrie, she remains stoic yet determined to get whatever needs to be done, done. On the other end of the spectrum, she is ruthless against her enemies and rarely shows any mercy, although it's not impossible to dissuade her from it. She's a bit bias in the fact that she tends to automatically dislike anyone/anything that speaks out/harms a human being, completely ignoring them to show her displeasure. On top of that, Lenneth believes that necromancy or any sort of magic that disrupts the undead is blasphemy and will hold the user in contempt for it, while on occasion trying to stop them from using it. In the sense of flirting and romance, it may take a few attempts for Lenneth to realize that someone is flirting with her but when she does eventually, she becomes incredibly shy and timid, almost the exact opposite of what she's usually like.

History: Soon after Rufus took over as the watcher of the Dragon Orb and ruler of Asgard, Lenneth traveled back forward in time to ensure that everything had returned to normal which, since Lezard had perished at the hands of the Valkyrie, they had. The peace throughout Asgard would continue for centuries and for Lenneth, as well as most of the Aesir, life was good. Of course that meant, as a Valkyrie, that Lenneth could now focus on her duty; finding Einherjar for the upcoming Ragnarok. So, day after day, she would travel over Bifrost and into Midgard where she would travel around, trying to find worthy souls. This would continue for another five decades.

On one of her routine runs, she was contacted via the Water Mirror by Hirst, one of Lenneth's sisters saying that Asgard was under attack. After the message was suddenly cut off, she made her way as fast as she could to Bifrost. Much to her disdain, it seemed to be sealed off by some sort of mysterious dark magic. No matter what she did though, there seemed to be no way in despite her best attempts. Lenneth had never seen any sort of magic like this and, although she hated to admit it, it seemed to be a lot more powerful than her. With no way in to see what was happening to her home, she knew she was going to need some help.

Current Situation: Has been residing in New York and is actively searching for others who may know about what is happening to her home world of Asgard (beside it being attacked by The Legion) or who will help her break the seal while also helping anyone who may need her help. Eager to punish those responsible for these attacks against the innocent.

Weapon: Her sword, Glance Reviver, also referred to as "Sword of Creation", appears as a transparent, titanium white broadsword that was given to her when she was reborn as a half-elf homunculus. It is razor sharp and, despite its glass like appearance, is capable of being used just like a normal weapon. The sword has some magical properties that allow it to heal minor to moderate wounds of others as well as its main ability of being able to transfer or absorb dark energy/magic and either dissipating it completely or converting it into light energy/magic. Lenneth is also proficient with a bow, as well as some magic, but her Glance Reviver is her preferred method of fighting.

Special Powers: Flight of the Valkyrie - Like all other Valkyries, Lenneth is no different in that she is able to sprout a pair of white feathery wings that allow her to fly through the air at immense speeds.

Spirit Guide - Lenneth has the ability to deem whether certain souls are worthy of becoming Einherjar and, eventually, Valkyries. In order to properly judge someone, she performs a synchronization of her soul with the others to gain a recollection of all of their past memories. This also means she can literally see dead people. Or, at least their souls.

"Evil Sonar" - Lenneth, being able to detect when spirits are near, is also able to distinguish the 'good' from the 'evil', so to speak. This is limited to creatures/someone whose soul has been tainted by darkness.

Strengths: Do not underestimate me! - Although Lenneth doesn't look it, she is actually extremely strong and resistant to damage. This sometimes gives her the upper-hand in battle, especially to arrogant enemies who think they have an easy target. They don't.

I am your shield! -Lenneth will go out of her way to protect others, especially those who can't fend for themselves. Although this could be considered a bit of a double-edged sword at times, this really sticks out as one of her defining strengths.

My name's Lenneth! - Super-friendly and easy to get along with, Lenneth sees past the bad and focuses on the good of most everyone she meets. She is willing to do mostly anything if you ask her too and, unless you perform necromancy in front of her, it's extremely difficult to get on her bad side.

Weaknesses: You shall perish! - Like it was mentioned before, Lenneth is very relentless when it comes to defeating her enemies and will go to any length to see them dead at her feet. Because of this, she can be hard to dissuade from killing someone that may need to be taken alive.

Come! Test your strength! - Lenneth doesn't believe in an unfair fight. Honor is important to her kind so she would never think about sneak attacking someone, even if it was an enemy. Instead, she will announce herself to her opponent and challenge them to a fight. Likewise, she would never turn down a fight if challenged.

I'm at my limit! - While Glance Reviver can absorb some dark magic, it does have a limit to how much it can take. When the sword has too much darkness running through it, it turns a dark gray colour, similar to that of a regular iron broadsword. During this time, Glance Reviver will take a while to 'purify' itself of the energy and will only work as a regular sword, although it still remains as sharp as before. The time it takes is dependent on how much dark magic was sent into it at the time of the absorption. Without her sword's ability acting as her main source of defense, she is very susceptible to any and all dark magic that she is hit by, especially runes.

Mr L

Quote from: Red Lobster on October 10, 2014, 07:21:34 PM
Hey Snorkle! Your character sheet looks good, I just want to talk about your Tears power really quick.

Since we aren't doing the whole alternate universe thing at the moment, how about instead her Tear power lets her open portals to random other Home Worlds. She can't control where it goes, so it would give us as the GM's a good deal of creative ability to say what comes out the other side. Obviously it can be quite dangerous.

Arguably, they'd be the same thing, at least as far as pulling things out from the other worlds. While they are separate home worlds, I'd still say the Earth used for both Mass Effect and Halo to be in different universes.

At this point, I see it as toe-may-toe vs toe-mah-toe.
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

Outlaw Fallen

"I fought the decisions that called and lost
My mark has the relevant piece in this
I will come reformed
In short, for the murder of those I court
I bless the hour that holds your fall
I will kill you all" - Coheed & Cambria
A/A's UPDATED! (6/6/19) | Desires | Outlaw-bait

"Doesn't love always begin that way; with the illusion more real than the woman?" - Jean-Luc Picard

Laughing Hyena

Vaulera

Oh wow, if Lenneth has evil sonar, then she will totally get that psuedo-evil reading from Juri, being an ex-villain and all.

Laughing Hyena

Has anyone claimed the Chosen Undead/Heir of the Throne of Want or the Arisen yet?

Vaulera

I would wait for GM clarification, but it doesn't seem like any players have chosen it?

PrestaDGTation

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on October 11, 2014, 01:31:15 AM
Has anyone claimed the Chosen Undead/Heir of the Throne of Want or the Arisen yet?

Nope, no one has taken the Arisen, Chosen Undead, or Throne of Want, yet.

Be advised, we do have a Dovahkiin in the party, and a Quelaag running around somewhere!  xD
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

Laughing Hyena

Well remember that in Dark Souls there are alternate worlds. So its not unlikely that Quelaag could have not been killed in one universe due to the quitting of one player. Was quite aware of the dovahkin being in the game. ^_^

PrestaDGTation

^__^  Which may make her showing up again all the sweeter!  xD

Eager to see what ideas you come up with!
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

Laughing Hyena

Well that I figured to console with other folks about this. After all its no fun if no one wants to interact with him.

Vaulera

I mean, I'm totally down for interacting with Dark Souls. I adore Dark souls.

Laughing Hyena

Thats good news. To sum up, I was thinking that the Chosen Undead's journey takes him from Lordran, before the pivotal fight with Gwyn the Lord of Cinders. Because he is accosted by Grigori, the Dragon from Dragons Dogma whom naturally beats the Chosen Undead since, he's still not too durable. Thus the Dragon consumes and eats the Chosen Undead's heart marking him as the Arisen.

So far thats what I got as I am trying to figure out how to get him out of Lordran.