Idea/Recruitment, Knosia (Males and Females neaded)

Started by AKunoichi, June 14, 2009, 03:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKunoichi

My first turn on is detailed worlds and cultures so I thought I'd write up some settings and See if I get any interest.

Knosia (No-see-ah*) is a chain of islands located in a tropical sea that resembles a cross between the IndoChinese and Aegean Seas and enjoys a pleasant Mediterranean climate.

The Knosians are a seafaring civilization of Traders, Merchants, Explorers, Philosophers, Conquerors, and Artists renowned all over the ancient world. However there civilization is best known for its ridged gender roles.

Woman can not own a boat, and Men can not own land.
If I woman sets foot on a boat she is a guest under the protection and authority of the captain. And If a man lands his ship in a harbour he is a guest to the ruling lady.

This System evolved over time as the Men would often go on long voyages leaving there wives behind to care for the home.
Now Knosian civilization consists of elaborate estates run by women, supported by fleets run by men.

On Land everything is run in a Feudal Matriarchy with Land owning women competing in a world of romance and Intrigue for the attention of the Men who's fleets they depend on for trade and protection.

On the open Seas a man's worth is determined by the size of his... erm... Boat** With the Captain being the ultimate authority on board his vessel. Knosian Sailors are renowned as the best in the world, Scouring the seas for treasures to bring back to impress the women.

This sort of arrangement has made any sort of monogamous relationship nearly impossible. The Noble houses of Knosia function as sort of a giant combination Tavern/Brothel/Nursery where visiting sailors have sex with the local girls. Any children are raised by the household, Boys usually leave home at a young age and join a ships crew to become a man.

The Social Structure.

On Land,
Noblewomen (land owners)
Distinguished guests (Captains of ships, Have the honour of sleeping with the Hostess)
Freewomen (women who are not slaves but do not own land)
Freemen (Men who are not slaves but do not own there own ship)
Slaves (Male and Female)

On Sea
The Capitan (owner of the ship)
Distinguished guests (Women who are traveling by sea, The captain is responsible for there protection and has total control over her for the duration of the trip)
Freemen (The male Crew of the ship)
Slaves (Male and Female)

*Name Comes from Knosos, an archaeological site left by the Minoan Civilization who were the priamary inspiration for this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knossos
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minoan_civilization

**In the Knosian tounge the word for Ship or boat sounds almost exactly like the word for Penis. Similarly the word for Vagina sounds like the word for Palace home or Harbour. Sail my Boat into your Harbour if you catch my drift.

JinZah

sounds interesting, so i'll ask some questions.

first what is the sailing era were looking at? i mean are we talking galleons with a barely usable sail mostly driven by ores, wind powered sailing ships, steam driven paddle wheels (perhaps including the first generation of ironclads, or modern vessels?

second, is there some kind of viking analogous culture out there, where the men are captions, but also raid, capture, and set up coastal settlements? or how about "amazon" captions/ships where the caption or even the entire ships crew are women?

third, will there be pirates or privateers to be played in this game?

rahatngt

Very interesting specially as in the game men/women switches control which makes things very interesting indeed.

AKunoichi

Quote from: JinZah on June 17, 2009, 02:07:39 PM
sounds interesting, so i'll ask some questions.

first what is the sailing era were looking at? i mean are we talking galleons with a barely usable sail mostly driven by ores, wind powered sailing ships, steam driven paddle wheels (perhaps including the first generation of ironclads, or modern vessels?

second, is there some kind of viking analogous culture out there, where the men are captions, but also raid, capture, and set up coastal settlements? or how about "amazon" captions/ships where the caption or even the entire ships crew are women?

third, will there be pirates or privateers to be played in this game?

Ships, are advanced sail powered vessels that resemble a weird cross between ancient Greek galleys and Chinese Junks. I'm a sucker for multiculturalism.
For weapons most ships use Giant crossbows with Cannons being a fancy new technology found on the newer ones.
The overall technology would be something along the lines if Classical Greece had advanced all the way to 1600s tech.

Pirates, are lawless barbarians that attack settlements and prey on civilized vessels. Most Pirates are social outcasts, escaped slaves, or barbarians. The also do not follow the established gender roles, there are even rumors that some of them even have WOMEN CAPTAINS!  :o

As for ships crewed by women,
There are female sailors just like some houses have male guards. However Males on land and females on boats are either Guests or Slaves.

Question Mark

I'm in, fo shure.

Now, let's make a plot.  Did you have anything in mind AK, or did you plan to make one on the fly during the RP?

AKunoichi

No idea, just random musings about a setting.

Perhaps others have an idea for the actual plot?

JinZah

an interesting mix of ships, i'm picturing the galley hull with she "sea shell" mast and sail design, adding a ships wheel, over the tiller both of those ships used. a shallow draft vessel like that would work in a setting like the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, or the Japan, Philippines, Indonesia, region (basically any body of water that carries the tittle "Sea") as well as going up a good sized river. you wouldn't want to take it into the open ocean thouth, a gale, or even heavy chop would leave you capsized or swamped.

as for a plot, how about having two large and powerful island nations on the brink of war, and the players are making a list ditch effort to stop it. there would be plenty of people in both nations that would want to see them fail, as the war would further there own ambitions. then also there are the third party nations that would like nothing better than to see these two power houses bleed each other dry so they can grab up the peaces. 

AKunoichi

Quote from: JinZah on June 18, 2009, 03:31:06 PM
an interesting mix of ships, i'm picturing the galley hull with she "sea shell" mast and sail design, adding a ships wheel, over the tiller both of those ships used. a shallow draft vessel like that would work in a setting like the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, or the Japan, Philippines, Indonesia, region (basically any body of water that carries the tittle "Sea") as well as going up a good sized river. you wouldn't want to take it into the open ocean thouth, a gale, or even heavy chop would leave you capsized or swamped.

as for a plot, how about having two large and powerful island nations on the brink of war, and the players are making a list ditch effort to stop it. there would be plenty of people in both nations that would want to see them fail, as the war would further there own ambitions. then also there are the third party nations that would like nothing better than to see these two power houses bleed each other dry so they can grab up the peaces.

Hmm politics,

Knosia is a louse confederation of city states ruled by noble houses. On the male side of things, each ship is self governed by its Capitan who usually allies himself with one or more noble houses.

These alliances are built on an exchange of sex (from the women) for treasure (from the men)
The Houses throw wild extravagant Orgys with slaves and wine and all that decadent shit to attract the Fleets who bring in treasures from across the world that pay for said wild parties.

Competition between the houses and there respective fleets is fierce and sometimes boarders on all out war.

JinZah

sounds like fun, if you get this going i'd like to play a caption on a conch (a name i came up with for the ship class because of the shell like sails , feel free to change it). 

AKunoichi

So so far we got a war brewing between two houses for a plot and one Capitan for players.

I might play a Capitan or stay as a sort of GM, voicing random background characters.

Question Mark

I'll be a sailor.  I love boats, and the ocean.

Here are some plot ideas:

• A mutiny occurring with one/several distinguished guests aboard.
  • A plot where one noblewoman hires a Captain and his crew to assassinate a rival noblewoman and her higher-ups
  • A Captain's ship docks in a familiar and friendly estate.  This would be a "Slice Of (fictional) Life" roleplay, but it could lead into a more intricate plot.
  • An encounter with pirates.

Opinions, anyone?  I personally like the second one.

rahatngt

Assassination wouldn't be to my liking. But given that the Captain has full control over the woman on ship, I would assume they would board Captain they favor. Maybe they were tricked into boarding the wrong ship where ... depends on where we want the game.

I'm not sure what I want to play depends on plot and how many player we have. Captain sounds good but I don't think we would have opportunity for many. So I am thinking a slave who's popular with the hostesses.

AKunoichi

Quote from: Question Mark on June 18, 2009, 11:46:03 PM
I'll be a sailor.  I love boats, and the ocean.

Here are some plot ideas:

• A mutiny occurring with one/several distinguished guests aboard.
  • A plot where one noblewoman hires a Captain and his crew to assassinate a rival noblewoman and her higher-ups
  • A Captain's ship docks in a familiar and friendly estate.  This would be a "Slice Of (fictional) Life" roleplay, but it could lead into a more intricate plot.
  • An encounter with pirates.

Opinions, anyone?  I personally like the second one.

I like either 3 or 4.

JinZah

lets start out with 3, use that to help flesh out the setting, establish some characters, and draw interest. once the game is firmed up see where it goes from there.

AKunoichi

All Right, We have a slice of life plot that may expand into a feud between two rival houses in the future.

Characters,

MALE
Capitan - JinZah
Crew members - none yet
Male Slaves - none yet

FEMALE
Head of household - FREE
Noblewomen - none yet
Female slaves - none yet

Question Mark

What are the duties of the slaves on the sea?  Are they treated well or like dirt?  Are slaves just like sailors, except the latter get paid?

Tell me what a day in the life of a (male) ship slave is.

rahatngt

I'm thinking of playing a male slave at the land, female house, if I understand correctly that they are mostly unpaid worker. Definitely lives upon the whim of master but not too much abused I hope, not sure I'm up for playing that.

But yes, I would love to know more what the role of the slaves would be. Also we need female players/role and need to know of their opinions too.

Question Mark

Holy shit.  There are no girls in this thread.

PANIC!

Bloody Paramour

SO what're we playing exactly?
im quite interested....
"I use big words. Like......erection"-Me <3
"in a sexual conversation, Duct ape is considered a double negative ♥ "

AKunoichi

Quote from: rahatngt on June 19, 2009, 11:52:28 PM
I'm thinking of playing a male slave at the land, female house, if I understand correctly that they are mostly unpaid worker. Definitely lives upon the whim of master but not too much abused I hope, not sure I'm up for playing that.

But yes, I would love to know more what the role of the slaves would be. Also we need female players/role and need to know of their opinions too.

Slaves,
Far from the concept of the rag wearing *WHIP* "WORK HARDER" *WHIP* slave that dominates western fiction. Slaves in Knosia are not usually abused whiped or tied up. Unless of course they are disobedient or try to run away.

Knsians consider slaves to be another way to show off your wealth and importance. A good slave is considered to be a living breathing extension of its masters will (some are even allowed to legally represent there master, delivering messages and running errands in there masters name)
As such Knosians make sure there slaves are well fed and have nice (if skimpy) clothing to wear.

On land Slaves fill every conceivable role. When a Noblewoman wakes up an small army of handmaidens bathe and dress her; She heads down to the dining room where she is waited on by kitchen slaves; Next her Adjutant assists her in the bookkeeping of the household (all those slaves don't feed themselves); After the paperwork she retires to garden (which is maintained by slaves); Enjoying lunch (Borough to her by, you guessed it, MORE SLAVES), Relaxing in the garden she might read poetry, study the arts, enjoy the company of a hawt slaveboy, Or some kinky combination of the three (most likely); That evening her friends (and there slaves) visit for a party; In the party they eat, drink, fuck everything that moves, and most importantly Show off there most exotic slaves.

While some slaves have it better than others, (is better to be a Noblewoman's handmaiden, or sex toy, than a  be Oarsman on a ship or working in the mines) the real problem with slavery is you don't get to choose what you end up doing. However At very least a slave NEVER has to worry about where his next meal will come from. While his master may run across financial troubles and have to sell everything she owns to make ends meet, A slave is guaranteed 3 meals a day buy whoever he ends up working for. (Hungry slaves are considered bad Luck, It you can't feed em, sell em to somebody who can)

*The most important and loyal slave in the household, Acts as a secretary to her Lady and represents her when she is away. Also commands the outher slaves in matters not deserving of the Lady's attention.

AKunoichi

Quote from: BloodRoses on June 20, 2009, 01:02:33 AM
SO what're we playing exactly?
im quite interested....

Basicly decadent noblewomen and adventuring sailors in a setting loosely inspired by ancient Minoan culture, With lots of Middle Eastern and Southeast Asian influences mixed in.

The women live in decadent palaces with slaves orgys and intrigue. The Men live on great ships sailing the seas in search of treasure and adventure.

rahatngt

Would be interesting to play a hostesses sex toy .. wonder what you mean by exotic :)

Silk

Bloody Paramour

Quote from: AK47 on June 20, 2009, 01:13:29 AM
Basicly decadent noblewomen and adventuring sailors in a setting loosely inspired by ancient Minoan culture, With lots of Middle Eastern and Southeast Asian influences mixed in.

The women live in decadent palaces with slaves orgys and intrigue. The Men live on great ships sailing the seas in search of treasure and adventure.

Sounds awesome.

^^ im in.

AKunoichi

Quote from: rahatngt on June 20, 2009, 03:20:16 AM
Would be interesting to play a hostesses sex toy .. wonder what you mean by exotic :)

A Barbarian* or foreigner. Possibly a fantasy race. (Catgirls are common)

On Slaves and sex,
If you are a slave, the word no is not in your vocabulary. You have been trained from birth to enjoy whatever happens to you. Its so much easier than having to worry about everything. And Pulling aside a random slave and telling it "Eat me out until I come" is pretty much a Knossian woman's equivalent to watching television.

Masturbation is a lost art.

*the classical definition of barbarian. Someone who is not from here and is thus considered to be less sophisticated. Not necessary some loincloth wearing savage of mighty thews

Satya

Im down like a clown.
This sounds very similar to an idea that i had been brewing for a while now.  But you have laid it out quite perfectly in detail. I've always been a little weak in developing scene hierarchies and qualities. *Laughs.. n blushes a little*
... and when i get that feeling, I need sexual healing...

Send me a message- I want to hear about it.. ;)

Belladonna1

I'm interested if another female is needed! ;)
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.   On's & Off's are up!

AKunoichi

We always need more people. For stares I would at least want the following slots filled.

UPDATED!

Seaside
M
Capitan - JinZah
Capitan's first mate - Question Mark
Random Crewmembers - FREE
F
Captain's personal sex slave - BloodRoses

Landside
F
Lady of the house - Bella
Lady's Adjutant - somniforem
Random Courtiers -Satya, anyone else?

M
Lady's personal Sex toy - rahatngt

Bloody Paramour

I would like to be the Captains slave, but only if cared for...

*laughs*

Question Mark

AKunoichi

We still Need the Lady of the Household and Her ever faithful Adjutant. As well as random Courtiers and Crewmembers.

In a Noble household, the Lady and her Adjutant share a special bond. They probably grew up together (the adjutant is often the daughter of the Lady's wet nurse). The Adjutant runs the day to day functioning of the household as well as being the Lady's OFFICIAL best friend as everyone else is probably trying to Usurp her position in society,

Despite being a slave the Adjutant wields more power than anyone else in the household (save for her mistress) everything she does is presumed to be under the authority of her mistress and is treated with the same level of formality as such.

Belladonna1

QuoteLady of the house - FREE

*waves hand in the air*

I'll work on a character (bio/pic) ...
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.   On's & Off's are up!

Satya

Random Courtiers -Free

I will gladly take this position. And i'll have an avatar on the way as well.

p.s - If anyone would like an avatar made, pm me with requested details ;)

JinZah

just a quick question, how many people are we aiming for before we start?

Quote from: BloodRoses on June 20, 2009, 10:15:08 PM
I would like to be the Captains slave, but only if cared for...

*laughs*

sorry, i missed this.

you'll be quite well cared for, because your not just the captions sex toy, you also set his table, and assists in grooming, and the truth is it never pays to mistreat someone you trust to hold a very sharp blade to your thought on a regular bases. you also need to be skilled at singing, or some musical instrument to sooth the caption, and and boost ships morale on a long voyage. 

AKunoichi

Quote from: JinZah on June 22, 2009, 02:27:57 PM
you'll be quite well cared for, because your not just the captions sex toy, you also set his table, and assists in grooming, and the truth is it never pays to mistreat someone you trust to hold a very sharp blade to your thought on a regular bases.

Pretty much sums up why slaves don't get mistreated in Knosia. They outnumber everyone else 10 to 1 and do just about EVERYTHING.

Unless of course they are disobedient and rebellious. Slaves who were not born into slavery often don't take well to the whole "lack of free will" thing and can cause problems if they try to convince there peers to revolt. Such subversive elements are often sent to work in the mines.

Question Mark

AKunoichi

Quote from: Question Mark on June 22, 2009, 05:33:47 PM
Do you have a character sheet?

I would either run this freeform or use something rules light like Wushu

If we do freeform I just say do a quick writup of your character.
If we use Wushu, We pick 3 traits and a disadvantage.
Something your character is the best at
Something your character does well
Something your character is sorta above average at
and then something your character is at a disadvantage with.

somniforem

If there's still an opening (hur hur) for an Adjutant, I'm interested. Bella, what would you be looking for in a BFF?  :D

Satya

*isnt sure if she got the thumbs up to come aboard.. *

Belladonna1

QuoteIf there's still an opening (hur hur) for an Adjutant, I'm interested. Bella, what would you be looking for in a BFF? 

Definately  fun and lively with her own mind and alot of spunk! ( but obviously, LOYAL to me beyond anything else!) ;)

Belladonna1

Quick Question for you AK-

Do you want us to PM our character Bio's/pic to you, or ? ...

Belladonna1

O.K., so one more....

and sorry if you've already stated this and I missed it but what time period are we doing here? ie. the type of dress/clothing the different "classes" would be wearing...etc..

AKunoichi

Quote from: Bella on June 23, 2009, 12:05:42 AM
O.K., so one more....

and sorry if you've already stated this and I missed it but what time period are we doing here? ie. the type of dress/clothing the different "classes" would be wearing...etc..

Sort of a fantasy version of classical greece with 1500s technology.
Suppose the roman empire had never conquered the world and then fallen, and you get a good idea. Some tech has been impeded by the availability of cheep slave labour (no need for labour saving devices) but others are more advanced because the dark ages never happened.

Clothing,
Men where Kilts and Loincloths. Loincloths are for work and Kilts are more formal. Slaves and commoners where simple boring cloth while A ships Capitan will wear silk.

Women where a wide variety of skirts and dresses but almost never cover there chests. Women who work where short skirts and noblewomen where long dresses.

Slaves usually where almost nothing, Usually just simple jewellery bearing the mark of there master, but will often where clothing to do with there work (aprons for the kitchen ect)

Jewellery is popular among all social classes with slaves wearing iron or copper and Nobility wearing Gold and Jewels.

It is not uncommon for people of all classes to just go naked on a hot day.

The the clothing is loosely based off of ancient Minoan garb.

AKunoichi

Quote from: Satya on June 22, 2009, 11:49:44 PM
*isnt sure if she got the thumbs up to come aboard.. *

Its in the Updated cast list

Seaside
M
Capitan - JinZah
Capitan's first mate - Question Mark
Random Crewmembers - FREE
F
Captain's personal sex slave - BloodRoses

Landside
F
Lady of the house - Bella
Lady's Adjutant - somniforem
Random Courtiers -Satya, anyone else?
M
Lady's personal Sex toy - rahatngt

All the Major Roles are filled. But there Is ALWAYS room fro random Crewmembers and Courtiers.

AKunoichi

Quote from: Bella on June 22, 2009, 11:58:17 PM
Quick Question for you AK-

Do you want us to PM our character Bio's/pic to you, or ? ...

Posing here is good.

Question Mark

I think it'd be nice if we could get another seadog...  There's four ladies and only two of us.

Satya

Awesome!
Sorry I didnt catch that *laughs sheepishly*

AKunoichi

More info that I just gave Bella.

knosian nobles do not usual engage in monogamous relationships, While the same ships usualy come back to the same ports, A Lady might have relationships with many men and a man might visit many ladies.
Marriage is considered something barbarians do.
Children are usually raised in the household of there mother with boys being sent off to join the crew of a ship when they turn 16.
As a result most Knosians Know there Mothers linage but only have a vague idea at best who there father was.

Childhood.
Knosian nobles also almost never raise there own child. They hand it off to a wetnurse and the kid grows up in a nursery untill he/she turns 16 at which point, if he is a boy he joins a ships crew to become a man, or if she is a girl will have an older woman "sponsor" her and show here the ropes of society.

Question Mark

Belladonna1

AKunoichi

Post your charicter concepts.
Names, descriptions and personalities.

JinZah

Question Mark

Quote from: JinZah on June 24, 2009, 10:29:37 PMso i take it we are doing this free form?

I believe we are.  The setting seems a little broad for a structured RP.

Belladonna1

Name- Meris Alus
Age- 25
Physical descrip.- 5'5" tall, 104 pounds, long blonde hair, amber-gold eyes

Other- Meris is an only child born into a long line of very wealthy land and ship owners and while she never knew her father, stories abound of his success on the seas.  A long running rumor has it,  that before her father and his crew were murdered by a neighboring clan of ruthless pirates shortly after his ship returned from a very prosperous visit to the East, that he sent 2 members of his crew ashore with 2 trunk loads of gold and precious gems among other riches and buried them somewhere on his mothers land. The land in which Meris moved to with her mother when she was small and inherited when her grandmother died.

Several attempts have been made to overthrow Meris for the rights to claim the land and search for the hidden treasure....but none have been successful.  Mainly due to the extreme loyalty and devotion of those who are in her employ, as she is known for her kindness, generosity, and fairness

She has recently begun to make plans (secretly) to search for her fathers treasure herself, yet she remains  somewhat hesitant due to the enormity of the project and the amount of assistance the effort would entail.  As well as out of fear that doing so would lure enemies out of hiding from all over causing not only herself but those close to her to be in grave danger.

Weaknesses- can often be too trusting and naive, has a weakness for any and all things of beauty whether it's priceless art or an unknown slave

Strengths- skilled in an ancient form of deadly self defense,  intuitive, and good at strategic planning, very athletic

JinZah

Name: Leandus Astarta
Height: 6 feet
Hair: short with wind braids
Eyes: sapphire blue
skills: navigation, playing the panpipes, seduction

Leandus became the caption of the Fire Sprite near the end of his first voyage after a three day gale nearly sank the ship, and washed most officers and crew overboard. after making port the new caption found himself mired in the politics of house Achlys as he courted the lady's favor, so that he might raise the funds to make repairs.

much to the surprise of many, himself included, Leandus was an natural at politics, his charisma and charm opening many doors easily, in fact even over the span of nearly 15 years Leandus is still considered one of lady Naia Achlys favored captions. despite this however Leandus secretly harbors contempt for many of the noble women he attends, finding them petty, flighty, vane, and in some cases out right cruel, having seen lady's raise a caption above his peers, only to alienate him, then betray him to his erstwhile compatriots. many times when this happens the caption finds his ship raided, his cargo taken, and if he is unlucky, himself clapped in irons and sold as a slave to the same lady.         

AKunoichi

Question Mark

Name: Jonus Kappela

Sex: Male

Appearance: Since the socio-cultural foundation of Knosia stems from a mix of Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, and Southeast Asian cultures, I based my character's off of this diverse collection of human subspecies.  Just sayin'....  Anyways, Jonus is about 5'10" and weighs in at 147 pounds.

Brief Bio: Jonus was raised in the House of Lea.  Born to a lowly seamstress, Jonus was destined to be a slave.  He grew up knowing this, receiving a slave's education.  When he was eight, the noblewoman Lea Stellus sold him and a dozen other boys to work as slaves aboard a prestigious ship, the Ferion.  During a pirate ambush five years later, the Captain and several key sailors were killed in the opening barrage.  Although an older sailor ended up saving the ship, Jonus played a critical role in the escape.

As was his right, the sailor inherited the Ferion.  Jonus was quickly bought off of Lea Stellus (with the Captain's death, his ownership had automatically reverted back to his original owner), and then was officially freed on his sixteenth birthday three years later.  The Ferion and Lea Stellus had fallen on hard times by then, and Jonus left for a more stable ship, eventually winding up on Leandus Astarta's Fire Sprite.

Having continuously worked aboard a ship since the age of eight, Jonus had an eight year head start over other boys his age, most of whom were just getting used to the sea life.  With this advantage, he rose through the ranks quickly, eventually working directly under Captain Astarta as the First Mate.  Scuttlebutt aboard the Sprite is that his ascension was a bit too quick to have been 100% honest.

Personality: Jonus Kappela can be summed up as a fair master and an ardent worker.  He punishes infractions and failures severely and mediates disputes with a remarkably unbiased mind.  Jonus will always take note of a sailor or slave who does well, and will reward those who deserve it.  In the presence of women, he can be polite and friendly, albeit a little aloof.  He cares very little for politics, but always at least tries to make a good impression with any woman he meets.

AKunoichi

Quote from: Question Mark on June 26, 2009, 05:56:32 PM
Appearance: Since the socio-cultural foundation of Knosia stems from a mix of Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, and Southeast Asian cultures, I based my character's off of this diverse collection of human subspecies.  Just sayin'....  Anyways, Jonus is about 5'10" and weighs in at 147 pounds.

Spot on,
To get a good idea of the geography, just imagine if the Arabian peninsula wasn't there and the Mediterranean and Indian oceans were merged.

I migh detail the rest of the world latter but for now just assume that there is a rome/china equivalent to the east An Aztec/Hindu nation to the south, An africa looking continent to the west, and the northern highlands are populated by a bunch of Celtic/Mongolian barbarian types.
This all can and will change. Worldbuilding for me involves lots of conceptual drift as I change my mind.

Question Mark

Does Knosia "exist" on the shores of the continents around the globe?  Is it a separate continent?  A chain of large islands?  Something else entirely?

AKunoichi

Quote from: Question Mark on June 26, 2009, 09:02:02 PM
Does Knosia "exist" on the shores of the continents around the globe?  Is it a separate continent?  A chain of large islands?  Something else entirely?

Its an Archipelago

Question Mark

Right there at the top of the first post.  >.<  Sorry!

Question Mark

So, Blood, Satya, and Raha need character profiles, and then we're good to go.  SWEET!  I am really looking forward to this.

Belladonna1

QuoteAppearance: Since the socio-cultural foundation of Knosia stems from a mix of Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, and Southeast Asian cultures, I based my character's off of this diverse collection of human subspecies.  Just sayin'....  Anyways, Jonus is about 5'10" and weighs in at 147 pounds.

Should I change my characters appearance then?

Doomsday

Any more room for a male? I can fit any role needed...

AKunoichi

Quote from: Bella on June 29, 2009, 12:43:15 AM
Should I change my characters appearance then?
No your fine.

Quote from: Doomsday Jesus on June 29, 2009, 12:47:20 AM
Any more room for a male? I can fit any role needed...
Yes in fact we are short on males. The Random Crewmember slot needs to be filled.

Question Mark

Could you describe how the sex-parties go?  Like, do people only have sex with others their rank (Captain-Noblewoman, First Mate-Adjutant, etc. etc.), or is it a true free-for-all?  How long do they last?  Is there food and drink?  Rituals or dances?

Stuff like that.

rahatngt

I'm sorry for being so late, I was looking for a photo for a character but haven't found something that I liked and forgot to post anything.

I will post later today .. just the character no photo though.

Doomsday

Name: Crastus Florio

Appearance: Middling height, lithe, perfectly built to climb the ropes and man the crow's nest of the galleys that sail around Knosia. He was born fair-skinned, but more than a decade at sea have made him darker, although he is still considered to be 'light' by his fellow sailors. Long, dark hair that goes well past his shoulders, it is usually tied back in a tail. 6'1", 189 lbs., not a hulk but strong enough to attend to his duties, and to wield a saber properly and look fearsome enough doing it. (If someone wants to find a picture, be my guest)

Biography: Crastus was born to a high house called Florio, the oldest son of his lady mother. He was the object of deep shame in her eyes, and was sent away from the household as soon as he hit puberty, with no clothes, food, or money. He eventually found his way to the Fire Sprite, and the captain, only a few years older than he, took him on board as one of his original crew members.

Personality: Crastus is sometimes too proud of himself for his high birth, and has deep resentment for the First Mate Jonus, who is younger, and has spent less time aboard the Sprite, but is of a higher rank than he. Around women he is known to be very flirtatious, and one of his better nicknames is "Crastus the Charmer", although some of his crewmates call him "Crastus the Cheater", after he once won a game of dice against the other crew members, the prize being a night with the Captain's slave, whereas he usually has very foul luck with the dice.

Question Mark

Quote from: Doomsday Jesus on June 29, 2009, 01:33:38 AMName: Crastus Florio

Appearance: Middling height, lithe, perfectly built to climb the ropes and man the crow's nest of the galleys that sail around Knosia. He was born fair-skinned, but more than a decade at sea have made him darker, although he is still considered to be 'light' by his fellow sailors. Long, dark hair that goes well past his shoulders, it is usually tied back in a tail. 6'1", 189 lbs., not a hulk but strong enough to attend to his duties, and to wield a saber properly and look fearsome enough doing it. (If someone wants to find a picture, be my guest)

Biography: Crastus was born to a high house called Florio, the oldest son of his lady mother. He was the object of deep shame in her eyes, and was sent away from the household as soon as he hit puberty, with no clothes, food, or money. He eventually found his way to the Fire Sprite, and the captain, only a few years older than he, took him on board as one of his original crew members.

Personality: Crastus is sometimes too proud of himself for his high birth, and has deep resentment for the First Mate Jonus, who is younger, and has spent less time aboard the Sprite, but is of a higher rank than he. Around women he is known to be very flirtatious, and one of his better nicknames is "Crastus the Charmer", although some of his crewmates call him "Crastus the Cheater", after he once won a game of dice against the other crew members, the prize being a night with the Captain's slave, whereas he usually has very foul luck with the dice.

I see something that has the potential to become a very intriguing subplot...

Doomsday

I was thinking the two of them would be enemies to the extent of trying to outdo each other, but short enough of actual violence, although a scuff here or there wouldn't be bad.

Question Mark

Quote from: Doomsday Jesus on June 29, 2009, 01:47:18 AMI was thinking the two of them would be enemies to the extent of trying to outdo each other, but short enough of actual violence, although a scuff here or there wouldn't be bad.

Makes sense.  In fighting wouldn't be tolerated on a ship: bad for morale and it weakens the crew in an unforgivable environment.

AKunoichi

Quote from: Question Mark on June 29, 2009, 01:12:39 AM
Could you describe how the sex-parties go?  Like, do people only have sex with others their rank (Captain-Noblewoman, First Mate-Adjutant, etc. etc.), or is it a true free-for-all?  How long do they last?  Is there food and drink?  Rituals or dances?

Stuff like that.

Yes
Yes
Long
Yes
and no

People can sleep with anyone there rank or lower. Using somebody else's slave requires the owners permission. (good way to get in trouble, the slave might not object but her mistress probably will.)
Usualy the crew will entertain themselves with the Household's servents and the Capitan will get the lady of the house. However trading and such will happen during the festivities. It is an orgy after all.

The party will last all night untill everyone passes out and will probably start up again the next morning.
Lots of food and drink.

Not really any specific rituals. The gods associated with parties and sex are appeased with... Parties and sex, No need for any dedications or ritual.

Doomsday

The Gods who enjoy drunken orgies are the only gods worth praising I think  XD

Belladonna1

QuoteThe Gods who enjoy drunken orgies are the only gods worth praising I think

LOL!  Right on!

Question Mark

Quote from: Doomsday Jesus on June 29, 2009, 02:06:36 AMThe Gods who enjoy drunken orgies are the only gods worth praising I think  XD

*internet high five*

I'd convert to that religion in a heartbeat.

Quote from: AK47 on June 29, 2009, 01:58:09 AMPeople can sleep with anyone there rank or lower. Using somebody else's slave requires the owners permission. (good way to get in trouble, the slave might not object but her mistress probably will.)
Usualy the crew will entertain themselves with the Household's servents and the Capitan will get the lady of the house. However trading and such will happen during the festivities. It is an orgy after all.

The party will last all night untill everyone passes out and will probably start up again the next morning.
Lots of food and drink.

Not really any specific rituals. The gods associated with parties and sex are appeased with... Parties and sex, No need for any dedications or ritual.

What's the lead-in to the orgy?  Is there some kind of formal announcement, or do the sailors "dig in" as soon as they arrive?

AKunoichi

Quote from: Question Mark on June 29, 2009, 02:16:25 AM
*internet high five*

I'd convert to that religion in a heartbeat.

What's the lead-in to the orgy?  Is there some kind of formal announcement, or do the sailors "dig in" as soon as they arrive?

Well First the Sailors arive in the harbor and the Capitan begins to boast about how much treasure he has amassed in his voyages and strong and manly he and his crew are.
The Lady of the house is supposed to listen to this boasting and pretend not to be interested but will eventually let him in.

Once inside the house the Lady shows everyone around  (this could be considered a ritual or sorts, Most of the time the crew has been here before and really does not need a tour, but refusing it would be considered ungracious.)

Than the Capitan formerly presents the gifts, offering them to the lady's household.

After this a feast is prepared and once everyone has eaten it devolves into a gigantic orgy. (knosians traditionally have sex after dinner)

Doomsday

If you guys start this within the next week, just bear tight, I'm going to be in the middle of moving.

Question Mark

Quote from: Doomsday Jesus on June 30, 2009, 05:02:58 AMIf you guys start this within the next week, just bear tight, I'm going to be in the middle of moving.

Good luck with the move, Jesus.  Are you moving far?

JinZah

Quote from: Doomsday Jesus on June 29, 2009, 01:33:38 AM

the prize being a night with the Captain's slave, whereas he usually has very foul luck with the dice.

And you wonder why your not the first mate!? first off captions don't like loosing, and the fact that we were only a days sail from safe harbor doesn't matter. A night without the company isn't the trouble, it's the loss of face, and to take you to task for it right then would have only cost more face.

Quote from: Doomsday Jesus on June 29, 2009, 02:06:36 AM
The Gods who enjoy drunken orgies are the only gods worth praising I think  XD

Secondly, we may enjoy the pleasures offered by the land god's for a few days at a time, but the god's of the sea are our constant companion for the times between, and a caption that fails to offer them proper respect and tribute is bad luck indeed.

as you can see i'm working working on getting IC...

somniforem

Eek sorry I'm so late with this profile. Rough week last week.

Name: Yikashatre Dalibor
Physical Description: 5'9", 155 pounds, dark hair usually bound, dark brown eyes, severe ("handsome") features and a powerful yet voluptuous body.

Character brief: Head of the household under her eminence Meris Alus, Yikashatre is a skillful administrator and warrior who maintains order by any means at her disposal. She tends to be serious, formal, and rather cold with anyone besides her ladyship Meris, and can fly into sudden blinding rages at being disobeyed - dangerous, as she's a vicious wrestler. Her sexual appetite is legendary and omnivorous.

She was raised to command underlings and serve her lady, and she neither knows nor dreams of any other life. Dour and conservative in this respect, she is unlikely to forgive anything that upsets the household's status quo. She is unpopular with the local nobles for her difficult and incorruptable temperment (they're probably quite catty about her behind her back.) The household servants and slaves find her to be generous when pleased and harsh when displeased, and those who are good workers find her attention to quality gratifying. Those who are *attractive* good workers will sometimes be invited to her table for dinner.

She has never failed in her duties and responsibilities within the household, and it can be assumed that her loyalty is absolute.

Strengths: Powerful, perceptive, loyal, and commanding.

Weaknesses: Uncreative, when taken out of her element she would be lost. Occasionally contemptuous even to those who are her social equals. Slides into maudlin self-pity when drunk, so she seldom drinks. It is rumored that she arranges for lighter duties for slaves that please her in bed...

rahatngt

[sorry for the delay .. at one point I was thinking older barbarian and wasn't finding a photo .. got delayed. ]
Name: Goran Erodon

Appearance: He is a handsome young man. A sharp intelligent looking face, lanky but quite strong body and just over six feet tall and very well endowed :)

Background & Character: He has been with the Lady's household from as far back as he could remember. He heard that he had been found an orphan the details of which nobody knows and he didn't care. He is a bit of laid back person, not ambitious but rather happy to leave as he can naturally. He had caught the eyes of the Lady and other nobles at young age as he has always been handsome and well endowed. He also tries to please his women to the best of his abilities and that made him popular and now the lady's personal sex slave. He doesn't try to use his closeness to the lady in anyway

AKunoichi

Quote from: somniforem on July 01, 2009, 05:07:55 AM
Eek sorry I'm so late with this profile. Rough week last week.

*SNIP SNIP*

Very nice.

Question Mark

So...  Blood and Satya are who're left, then?

*sits down to wait*

Also, when's the OOC/profile thread going up?  And what's the category for this RP?  My gut says NC-Human, but the nature of the sex isn't really NC, which would make it Bondage (or Light?).  Then again, it could have NC elements later on...  *shrugs*

AKunoichi

Quote from: Question Mark on July 02, 2009, 11:11:57 PM
So...  Blood and Satya are who're left, then?

*sits down to wait*

Also, when's the OOC/profile thread going up?  And what's the category for this RP?  My gut says NC-Human, but the nature of the sex isn't really NC, which would make it Bondage (or Light?).  Then again, it could have NC elements later on...  *shrugs*

It might have NC elements latter on and it might also have E elements latter on.

Is it still NC if the person enjoys it and does not resist but would have no choice in the matter if they did not?

Question Mark

It's still NC in my book.

*looks around*

Now that the holidays are over, let's get this thing kicking.  Maybe you should send Blood and Satya some PMs to see if they're still interested?

AKunoichi

Quote from: Question Mark on July 06, 2009, 07:48:13 PM
It's still NC in my book.

*looks around*

Now that the holidays are over, let's get this thing kicking.  Maybe you should send Blood and Satya some PMs to see if they're still interested?

Will do.

GabrielM

I was wondering if its too late to add a random sailor in the mix? I was thinking something along the lines of a great sailor who has been given the options of being a first mate on ships but turns the posting down because he just has a love of being on the sea maybe even to the extent where sometimes he is shunned because he sometimes skips out on the orgy's but what the other sailor's do not realize is this makes him even more wanted by the women because it is mysterious?

Name: Theo Aegee
Height: 6 feet
Hair: short dark almost black
Eyes: green
Skills: Being a sailor simple and sweet

It of course is not uncommon for men of Knosia to become sailors but no matter where Theo was born he is sure he would have become a sailor anyways. The sea air, the treasures that he gets to see, and yes the strength he gets from the work. Theo seems some what detached from anything other than sailing sometimes when he is new on a ship this gets him into trouble because sometimes the other men see it as Theo thinking he is better than the rest but after some time they see that Theo does not mean it this way and that he is a valuable asset and trust worthy friend. He has been offred the posting of first mate on a few of the ships that he has been on but he turns them down not wanting to have the responsibility of dealing with things not ship based and since the First mate is the extention of the captain it is of course more public once on land.

Question Mark

Now we need females.  Apparently Blood and Satya have flown the coop.  :(

AKunoichi

Quote from: Question Mark on July 07, 2009, 11:08:45 PM
Now we need females.  Apparently Blood and Satya have flown the coop.  :(

Syata has responded to my PMs so I think she might still be in.

Satya

I'd be more than happy to stay in this roleplay, so long as it's alright that i'm not expected on a regular regular basis. I'm here quite frequently, available to post, so it shouldnt be a problem  ;D
I'll get around to posting a quick character sketch soon!

Belladonna1

Hi all!  I'm back from vacation....have I missed much?

Question Mark

Quote from: Bella on July 08, 2009, 10:31:58 PMHi all!  I'm back from vacation....have I missed much?

Welcome back.    :D

Just some random chit-chat.  Nothing of substance.

Belladonna1

AKunoichi

Quote from: Bella on July 08, 2009, 10:35:17 PM
Good- are we any closer to starting?

I suppose I could start IC and OOC threads now.

Question Mark

rahatngt

Wellcome back bella. Hopefully we are going to be able to start soon have fun with this one.

Belladonna1

QuoteWellcome back bella. Hopefully we are going to be able to start soon have fun with this one.

TY! ;) Yes, I'm excited to start and glad I didn't miss it's beginning!

AKunoichi

Question Mark

AKunoichi

Just wondering because nearly all the girls have failed to make it too the IC and OOC boards.