News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Crows; more than meets the eye

Started by Xanatos, March 24, 2010, 11:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xanatos

Joshua Klein: The amazing intelligence of crows

I already knew Crow's were intelligent but this just expands it even further. They are amazing animals.

Muninn

Oh, I remember this video!  It's really amazing. :D

I love crows but my heart will always lay with ravens.  Corvids in general are highly intelligent and capable of some amazing things!  I think you can find some videos and articles on BBC's news site about recorded lab tests with these birds showing off how impressive their bird brain really is.  In fact I am reading a book about raven intelligence (Mind of the Raven), it's really interesting and not too full of technical mumbo-jumbo, if you're curious about them it's a really good book.

Lilias

I think you're going to like this article. (Be warned - it's long.)
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Xanatos

Thanks for the info, I will be sure to look it up.

Violence

That was really interesting. ^.^

I'm very much a fan of trained symbiosis with so-called "pests" like crows and rats as opposed to extermination of them.
"Inciting Violence" (O/O) | "Random Acts of Violence" (Requests/Ideas) | Language of Violence (A Story I'm Working On)

And it all breaks down at the role reversal . Got the muse in my head she's universal . Spinnin' me round she's coming over me.
Domestic Violence (My OC's) | The Art of Violence (Stuff I Draw'd) | The Absense of Violence (A/A)

Cravings::  ANYTHING with Ballerinas! | Playing a cheating wife/girlfriend scenario. | Something that lets me play Jaime Lannister.