The Wars of the Roses - Complete -- The valley is safe from the Thorns!

Started by Valerian, June 05, 2009, 06:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

Quote from: Saku on June 09, 2009, 08:19:42 PM
"Did you know Charlotte, Aiden?"

"I did not, but why would she be outside of your cottage..."
Aiden nodded his head slightly, and thanked Bliss as she helped him wrap her body in the quilt. The realization came slow after he studied her words.
"How can a person die in front of your home and go unnoticed by you...what were you up to last night?"
His eyes gazed at her accusingly, stepping away from Saku slowly.

LadySky

LadySky pulled herself up and straightened her shoulders. Now was not the time to fall apart, now was the time to bring Charlotte's murderer to justice. "Saku how could you not hear Charlotte being attacked if she was right outside your home?"
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Bliss

"Wait, please!"

Bliss stepped forward, brows drawing in consternation as she looks around from one accusing glare to the next. "We must be able to settle this calmly... if someone here is responsible, we can figure this out. Write it down, perhaps, instead of yelling at each other?"
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Nanoki

Hearing the accusations against Saku he moved quickly, Nanoki placed himself between Saku and the others.  "No need to jump to conclusions...I know that I can sleep through alot of things, just because nothing was heard does not mean she automatically did it.  If that is the cas then by that logic I caused the barn to fall over by my home last year...Which we all know is not true!"  He may have been a silent one keeping to himself most of the time, but if the time called for it he would stand up for what he saw as right.
Ons and Offs/<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=27907.0">A&A</a>/Wants

“History Is Much Like An Endless Waltz. The Three Beats Of War, Peace And Revolution Continue On Forever.”

LadySky

Looking to Bliss LadySky asked quietly, "Are you saying we should bring the voting back into play?"
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Bliss

Closing her eyes, she nodded slowly. "It's an alternative to the shouting and accusations that already we are veering toward."
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Desan

Quote from: Bliss on June 09, 2009, 10:20:09 PM
Closing her eyes, she nodded slowly. "It's an alternative to the shouting and accusations that already we are veering toward."

*Nods* Yes all of this yelling and shouting is taking a toll on my ears. *He rubs one of his ears, cleaning it of wax*
And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.

Marguerite

"Charlotte would not want us to be shouting and crying out at one another," she answered shaking her head as she sighed and rubbed her forehead.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Bliss

"Here," Bliss offered, catching up the corners of her skirt and tilting out the contents of her market basket. "We can use this today, to collect the votes. Saku, have you a pen and ink in your cottage?"
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

LadySky

LadySky shook her head sadly, this had started out as such a lovely day. Now she was to choose one among them to put to death?

Saku

Saku was unsure of Caeli for the woman had always had an aura of distance about her which could mean that she might be a likely candidate for being a Thorn. After all no one really knew her very closely, right? Saku herself had always been bright and friendly and fairly content for a long time, up until last night. That was when it started to go downhill, not because she was a Thorn but because of what had happened.

"Perhaps she was killed elsewhere and dropped outside my place since it is conveniently located in the middle of the town. And as for why I did not hear anything last night, I have my reasons. I received a threat last night that something evil would return soon and took something to sleep."

Saku told Aiden for she had no reason to hide the truth. Her thoughts were on who could be responsible for this death and her money was on Caeli at the moment for she was the most likely candidate. Caeli was distant and seemed uncaring and yet now she was being social when she had never been that way before?

"If I had to choose who might be responsible, I would say Caeli would be the one."

She said, gazing at the woman and turned to Bliss when the other spoke to her and nodded.

"I have pen and ink in my cottage. Let us go and vote on this matter."

Saku said and headed for the cottage as she brought out the parchment and ink, writing down that her vote was for Caeli being one of the Thorns. Then she waited for the others to cast their votes.
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Bliss

Waiting for the voting paper, Bliss looked around at the small group... and realized that several members of the village were yet absent. Had they not heard the screaming? Or - were they trying to hide or cover something up?

When it came her turn, she wordlessly printed in small, neat letters: Maeven.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Marguerite

Biting on her lower lip, she glanced down at who she had to vote in and closed her eyes. There were people who were concerned and people who had not come around when there was screaming and turns to bury Charlotte. Her vote went to Kazyth
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

LadySky

LadySky silently took the piece of parchment handed her and scribbled Aiden.

"He would not fix my headboard when he broke it last winter." she mummbled as she placed her vote in the basket.

Aiden

Hesitant to take the parchment and blindly send a person to the death, he stared at the paper and weakly wrote his answer.
Saku

He retreated to his home and returned with his tools of his trade (Carpenter), collecting wood and flowers to make a small memorial to place near the grave that was being dug. He worked in silence, glancing at the one he knew was responsible for the death of the lovely young woman.

Desan

He didn't know who the hell to vote for. "Is this truly the right thing to do? Kill each other off?" Sighing he just shook his head and grumbled.

Bliss
And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.

Caeli

She stared back coolly, one brow raising at the quick accusation. Well, that was interesting. No matter; even if she did tend towards the cynical, Caeli still believed that there would always be a flaw that would indicate who the true killers - right now, the Thorns - were.

As far as who their enemy was... she narrowed her eyes. Saku had been the only person to so openly accuse someone right away. Trying to deflect attention? And she had been the first at the scene, as well as the only one among all of them who'd had a body dumped outside her door.

There was no way to know who the Thorns among them were; but for now, voting was the only way. Silently, she scribbled Saku's name on a small slip of paper. Folding it twice, she tossed it into the basket, then stepped back.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Rockin

Upon getting back from the digging, he listens to the conversation that unfolds before him. Then his attention went to bliss as he was given the ink and something to write on. There was several moments of stare upon the paper. Seemed like he wasn't going to vote any time soon.

"Saku," He spoke calmly as he put his attention on her. "What's your reason for voting Caeli?"

OOC: With all this RPing, it'll be a lot harder to get answers we may want to hear lol. It's probably just me, since I'm not used to RPing in a mafia lol

Maeven

It was just as Caeli tossed her slip of paper into the basket that Maeven rounded the bend in the road that led to the forest.  Her brow glistened with droplets of sweat and she carried a small square basket inside of which several vials of liquid clinked together melodically.

She stopped short when she saw the gathering of villagers and the curious basket with the slips of paper inside. 

"What is this? What is going on?" she said incredulously, eyebrows arched in suspicion. Dropping her basket onto the ground, she made her way through the villagers to the small form wrapped in cloth. Gingerly, she pulled back the sheet and gasped, "Oh! Charlotte! What's happened to her?" It was then that she saw the mark of the thorns and suddenly the basket with its slips of paper made sense.

"It's the Thorns again? And you all are voting?" She murmured in disbelief, carefully pulling the sheet back into place. Standing slowly, she turned back towards the villagers.

"She was found here? In front of Saku's house? Then my vote is for her," Maeven said and pulled a slip of paper from her skirt pockets. In fine print, she wrote Saku on the sheet and walked over to drop it into the basket.
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Valerian

Current Voting (there is always time to change your vote until all the votes are in):

Saku (3) - Aiden, Caeli, Maeven
Aiden (1) - LadySky
Bliss (1) - Sir Desan
Caeli (1) - Saku
Kaz (1) - Marguerite
Maeven (1) - Bliss
Marguerite (1) - Kaz the Beast
Nanoki (1) - Nanoki
LadySky (0)
Rockin (0)
Sir Desan (0)

Still need votes from: Rockin
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kazyth

Blearily he stumbles to the window of his quaint little cottage, shunting aside the curtain only to recoil at the stabbing rays of the cruel daystar.  "Good friggin' God, people.  What they hell are you all doing yelling at this time of the... morning?  Is it morning?"  He retreats for a bit, grumbling and shuffling about, before easing out his doorway in carpet slippers and pajama pants to shuffle toward the commotion.

"Oh dear Lord!  Charlotte!  What happened to her?"  He glares about with obvious suspicion, as though expecting someone to be standing there holding a bloody knife.  Once the accusations register, however, he glares at Marguerite and rumbles, "Aweful easy to pin the blame on someone who sleeps late -everyday- and isn't around to defend himself, eh Marguerite!  You could just as easily be a Thorn as I!"
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Nanoki

Nanoki was at a loss for words with everything going on, he didn't really understand how everyone could vote to send someone to their death.  If that's the way it had to be then that's the way it would be, but he didn't have to like it.  Slowly he pulled a peice of paper from the notebook in his pocket and wrote his own name on it not wanting to responsable for anyone's seath but his own.
Ons and Offs/<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=27907.0">A&A</a>/Wants

“History Is Much Like An Endless Waltz. The Three Beats Of War, Peace And Revolution Continue On Forever.”

Saku

Saku knew that many would probably vote for her death because of the circumstances revolving around Charlotte's murder. After all, the woman had been found outside her door and she had been the first to the scene, so who wouldn't think it could be her? It made sense.

She had not done the deed but the only way she could prove it would be to allow them to see their mistake. But she did suspect that a few people were not responsible for Charlotte's death.

Amongst them were Bliss and Nanoki.

Nanoki seemed as though he couldn't decide who to vote for at first which seemed as if he was actually struggling with his conscience and the Thorns didn't have one.

Bliss had been nothing but helpful throughout the entire process and so Saku didn't think one of the Thorns could be her.

The others she did not have a thought about so she couldn't rightfully make a judgment as of yet. But if things continued the way they were going she would be dead shortly. And she wasn't one of the Thorns.

They would see this in the morning should they decide the 'take her out' and rue the day they killed an innocent.
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."

Saku

Quote"Saku," He spoke calmly as he put his attention on her. "What's your reason for voting Caeli?"

Saku looked over at Rockin and smiled at him.

"She has always maintained an aura of distance between us and yet now when the Thorns have returned she has suddenly become social? I think it stands to reason that she doesn't want anyone looking in her direction for some reason."

Saku said, she was not sure it was Caeli but the woman did seem a bit suspicious. But then so did the others who had not come to the scene of the crime.
I'm back!

Rockin

The male gave a long look at Saku. From what she said, it's sounds possible that she could be thorn. But then again, it wouldn't make much sense. Why would a thorn reveal themselves right from the open? It doesn't make sense at all. Then, he looked at the group

"I think we should consider our actions a bit more carefully." Rockin stated. "Just think for a second. -Why- would a thorn just plainly say 'She was killed in front of my door?' It's obvious they're trying to trap her into making us believe she did it." He didn't like how the group was so quick to vote others off so soon. Maybe it was out of anger and agression over someone they know died. However, on a time like this, that is no excuse. People's lives are at stake and every lynch should be made with logic.

"I think we need to think harder on our votes, cause I have a bad feeling that we may lynch the wrong person."