Mike Pence - Nixon mashup

Started by Vekseid, May 10, 2018, 02:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

Skip to 1:10

https://youtube.com/watch?v=AGiAeyh6aF0&t=70

With the disclosure of financial bribes, Trump's defenders have now retreated to 'there was collusion but you have no proof it influenced the election.'

Going to be a long six months, I think.

elone

As much as I despise Trump and his actions, the Pence frightens me even more. He strikes me as more calculating than Trump, and more dangerous.
In the end, all we have left are memories.

Roleplays: alive, done, dead, etc.
Reversal of Fortune ~ The Hunt ~ Private Party Suites ~ A Learning Experience ~A Chance Encounter ~ A Bark in the Park ~
Poetry
O/O's

Nachtmahr

Quote from: elone on May 12, 2018, 05:11:16 PM
As much as I despise Trump and his actions, the Pence frightens me even more. He strikes me as more calculating than Trump, and more dangerous.

Pence strikes me as more deliberately cruel. He doesn't strike me as a particularly calculating or forward thinking individual, but he sends shivers down my spine.

Quote from: Vekseid on May 10, 2018, 02:29:53 PM
Skip to 1:10

https://youtube.com/watch?v=AGiAeyh6aF0&t=70

With the disclosure of financial bribes, Trump's defenders have now retreated to 'there was collusion but you have no proof it influenced the election.'

Going to be a long six months, I think.

That interview almost felt like satire - that's how bad this has gotten at this point. This could easily be the manuscript for a political sketch. I'll have to default to the notion that, if they were all truly innocent, they wouldn't have been doing virtually everything in their power to derail the investigation from the very beginning. It just doesn't add up. If they wanted the prove that Mueller and the FBI were politically motivated to go after Trump, why not let them continue investigating until it eventually leads them into a dead end? What are they running from?

You're not going to try and nail your closet shut unless you *know* there's a bunch of particularly grouchy skeletons in there.

But as always we'll just have to wait and see what happens. My bet would be on Trump triggering a political crisis by intervening directly before the investigation runs it's course. I'm going to assume that he has more to lose by being exposed.
~Await the Dawn With Her Kiss of Redemption, My Firebird!~
~You Were the Queen of the Souls of Man Before There Was the Word~

Oniya

Quote from: Nachtmahr on May 12, 2018, 08:30:38 PM
But as always we'll just have to wait and see what happens. My bet would be on Trump triggering a political crisis by intervening directly before the investigation runs it's course. I'm going to assume that he has more to lose by being exposed.

Kinda like what Nixon did with the Saturday Night Massacre.  T's been pushing at the limits as it is.

I did like the line 'History may not repeat itself, but it often rhymes.'
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Regina Minx

"...if, on the other hand, there is a limited number of elements from which events are interwoven, the same things must happen many times, being brought to pass by the same agencies."
-- Plutarch

Eye of Horus

Quote from: elone on May 12, 2018, 05:11:16 PMAs much as I despise Trump and his actions, the Pence frightens me even more. He strikes me as more calculating than Trump, and more dangerous.

Yes, it’s never easy to pick your preference between a cruel, self-serving idiot and a cruel, self-serving intelligent person...

Missy

Well it's kind of a question of which shit sandwich do I really want to eat.

I've got to say though, it's really gotta burn being any kind of hyper-con with a realistic outlook. Trump is so inept it could fill volumes upon volumes of satire for generations to come. Not only is he effectively destroying and undermining the effectiveness of the Executive Branch, he also manages to undermine just about anything else he touches, like stuff involving 'his' generals even. The reality is he's established the truth of his administration so effectively that he's made it hard for other people to follow up with his garbage. So basically if Trump were to be impeached and convicted and removed from office he's already set it up to be that much harder to discriminate, since if Pence were to attempt to retry/continue or establish other policies along a similar vein, then it can that much more easily established for what it is. Conversely to Trump of course, Pence won't utterly destroy the Executive Branch and all of it's functions; if Pence fixes the fuckery of Trump then the person who gets elected in 2020 doesn't have to.

TheGlyphstone

I figure the Venn diagram overlap of 'hyper-con' and 'rationality' is small enough to not worry about. :D

Oniya

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on May 13, 2018, 07:09:53 PM
I figure the Venn diagram overlap of 'hyper-con' and 'rationality' is small enough to not worry about. :D

Would that be the ones that say 'The world is changing.  I don't like it.  I can't stop it, but I can dig in my heels and make them fight for it every step of the way'?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17