Werewolves: New Blood

Started by Valerian, May 25, 2010, 01:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

The little village of Carter's Crossing was newly settled -- or newly resettled, to be precise.  It had stood empty for a generation or more, amid rumors that the forested hills around the little group of houses were haunted.  Not by any ghosts, but by humans -- humans touched by the ancient curse of lycanthropy.  Friends and loved ones by day, by night they became these terrible creatures, able to slay anyone in the blink of an eye.

Of course such things are impossible.  Or are they...?

The Players:

• Aiden
  • Albedo
  • Beguile's Mistress
  • Esoteric Myobi
  • Imogen
  • Lord Mayerling
  • Lucius Cornelius
  • Moirae
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • ScorpioQueen
  • The Unholy Potato
  • Xandi

This image can be used as a link to the game in signatures!  Just select the code and paste it in.  Change floatright to floatleft if you prefer.  :)

[float=right][url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=70040.0][img]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/c/c8/Wolf.png[/img][/url][/float]

*photo copyright 1996, David Miller
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

OOC: Feel free to roleplay a little and settle into your new homes.  The killing will commence shortly.  *cue maniacal laugh*

For the record, there are 8 Villagers, 1 Seer, 1 Guardian, and 3 Werewolves.

Have fun!
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile took the kettle and poured water into the teapot over the bag of loose herbs and tea and covered the pot to let the brew steep.  Later she took a cup of tea to the window and looked out at the rest of the little enclave.  The place was pretty in the daylight she admitted to herself.  It was only when night fell that an air of fear and danger permeated the very air. 

Autumn52

Xandi woke early and went about her morning duties. She kept looking out her door and windows for the man she had a secret crush on. She was waiting for him to walk by her little cottage on his way into the town square. Xandi had decided that she would invite him in for coffee and muffins. Spending a night in this lonely cabin by herself made her realize she would be more than happy to have a big strong man around to protect her.

May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Imogen

Imogen enjoyed a cup of tea seated on the small, wooden bench in front of her cottage. A small group of chickens flocked nearby, picking at fresh yellow corn strewn over the grass carpet. Behind the cottage the clean laundry fluttered in the wind, suspended on wooden clothespins from lines that spanned a tinyl vegetable garden. A basket of freshly picket berries occupied the empty seat beside her, ready to be used for jams or preserves.. or just to eat. She loved the small enclave, and had been thankful for the inspiration that had her pack her belongings and find Shangri-La in Carter's Crossing. If not for the rumors of dangers stalking the night, she would have been perfectly happy, she thought, as she waved across the adjoining gardens to her neighbour, Beguile's Mistress when she spotted her by the window.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Lucius Cornelius

The Retired General Lucius step out of his bench, he breath the fresh air of the morning and begin to walk around the town, he is happy , as when he left the army after ten years of service , he can now live in peace in the old town of his ancestors , he has arrive to the town short time ago, so he still look to all the people, really happy of this quiet village, of his lovely people, of the woman, one of the he would love to know much more.

His feet guide him in his usual walk, so soon his walking toward the town square, looking through the windows in an attempt of see her.

Autumn52

Xandi sees her secret crush walking along the roadway and dashes out her little cottage to stop him. (straightening her dress) she Say, * General, Oh General I was wondering if I might have a word with you? I have some coffee and muffins inside if you would care to join me.*

She motions the way to enter her small cottage where she had a place setting for two.

As she walks back toward her cottage she hopes the General does not think her to brazen. She speaks softly *I am a little afraid at night. I have heard all the horrible stories about this place.* shaking slightly as she remembers the story one of the other villagers told her.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

Lucius Cornelius

As he look through the window of HER house, she suddenly runs toward him, he stop and smile to her, he can't trust his luck, he always has been lucky in war, and seems that his luck is with him in peace, days of planning how to get closed to her and now she step out to speak with him

"oh my dame, but of course, i will be deleighted of speak with you, the coffee will be a pleasure , indeed"

he follow her toward her place and heard then, moved for her words "oh don't worry , my dame, .."His hands hold her pretty hand, slow caressing it, reassuring her "... there is nothing to worry about, and if there is any danger to the town, i still have my old sword in my bench"

Autumn52

As the general takes her hand to comfort her she smiles and invites him inside her little cottage.

She offers him a seat and sits down as well. As she pours the coffee she ask him shyly , "have you found an appropriate place to lodge yet? If not I have a spare room I would Gladly share with you. In fact I would be honored to have such a strong man around during the long lonely nights. I would feel much safer.*

She stops herself before she throws herself on the table and offers him herself as well.

Blushing she quietly hands him a muffin

Remiel

Remiel had his own tiny cottage, set up at the periphery of the village.  His was not nearly so neat and well-kept as either Imogen's or Beguile's abodes; the thatch was untended, the hedges overgrown.  The reason for this was that he had not come to Carter's Crossing to settle and tend a homestead, as many others had; no, he had come for a singular purpose.  For Remiel was a scholar, and a keeper of lore; he had heard rumours and reports of a strange curse manifest in the surrounding countryside.  Frightened and panicked eyewitness accounts told of fearsome beasts in human form, able to walk the lands in disguise by day, but which reverted to their terrible lupine forms under the ghostly light of a waxing moon.  He had come to Carter's Crossing to research and observe this phenomena, and either put the myth to bed or discover some actual physical evidence of it.

The village contained some familiar faces, some whom he had seen before, in his various worldly travels; but there were also some new faces as well, strangers that he had not yet met.  The inside of his cottage was filled with books, queer and curious laboratory equipment, and tools of a mysterious nature, taking up all available surface space: tabletops, bookcase shelves, the floor, even part of his bed was taken up by dusty tomes of strange and mysterious lore.  He blew the dust off of a leather-bound volume entitled Maleficarum: Ars Lycanthropos, and gingerly turned the time-worn pages, reading voraciously, his glasses gleaming with the reflection of the tiny candle's flame.

Beguile's Mistress

After finishing her tea and tidying her house Beguile collected a basket and a small pair of scissors.  She left her cottage and began walking along the road searching for the herbs and roots, the barks and berries, the ingredients she used to concoct the various ointments, salves and medicines she kept on hand.  Many of the herbs would find their way into sachets for a lady's pocket.  There were also many flowers to be found, that when dried would fill other packets made of silk to be put between sheets in linen closets and the like.  Of course, she kept a sharp eye out for particular items that would be more beneficial to herself and the people in the village come nightfall and the rising of the moon.

Her search over, she found herself quite a way from her home and with the sun high in the sky she began her steady walk back toward the small enclave to arrive well before the setting of the sun.

Ryven

Ryven set the first of his confectionery goods out to cool after a long morning before his brick oven.  Tarts, cookies, breads, and more all lined the tables and shelves beside the window where the breeze carried the aroma of his concoctions out into the village streets.  The others could be heard stirring, and he wondered if anything had gone amiss in the evening before.  There had been rumors of unnatural beasts which lurked near their new beloved village, but were they true?

He idly thought to himself while plucking a muffin from a nearby shelf and beginning to devour it slowly.

Aiden

Aiden had been a new arrival to the town, leaving him the poorest choices of dilapidated homes to choose from. Seeing it as an opportunity to test his abilities of his trade he spent the days shoveling and bringing in clay to form into bricks. The work was strenuous and backbreaking but it would pay off with a sturdy home that would last longer than thatch and reed homes. As he walked down the main road with his work horse pulling a cart full of clay filled baskets, he waved at those he passed with a smile.

Albedo

Albedo is the town hunter gatherer, catching food so he can help feed this small developing town. He usually does most of my hunting early in the morning, and can be found dragging a deer carcass from the woods to his small shop to prepare the meat for everyone to eat. It's a pretty nasty job, but people do need their meat. He used to go hunting at night to catch nocturnal animals, but after finding some deer with their throats bitten out he realized that there might be a wolve infestation in the woods, so he decided to play it safe and hunt in the early morning. Meat can be found daily at his shack everyday for a small price of course.

desert ashes

Softly Moirae hummed as she diligently tended her herb and flower garden, pleased with what progress she'd been able to make since settling in the town with the majority of others.  Her cottage was small though room enough for two, each window and open ground space used to appeal to her green thumb; the spare room she used to house lotions and perfumes, all of the ingredients naturally coming from the vast gardens.  Well, they would -- once the gardens really began to flourish. 
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

The Unholy Potato

The strange, grimy little man dug determinedly in the tough, sun-baked earth of his fields at the edge of town. A full four acres of hard, unrelenting dirt, and he did it all by himself, refusing every offer of aid. And then there were the potatoes. Though just now beginning to become individually recognizable, it had been clear since the beginning of the season that he had at least fifteen different sorts of potatoes scattered madly in dozens of tiny patches between the long, orderly rows of peas, wheat, oats carrots and cabbages. He even called himself "Potato" when asked!

He did not head back to his crudely constructed wooden hut until the sun had started to dip towards the horizon, having reached some private goal for the day's work. The small shack was somewhat separated from the rest of the huddled mass of buildings, and he had made no secret of the fact that he planned to build a large house out of stone or brick as soon as a mason arrived in town. He made it back just a half-hour before the sun was down, and, seeing the bricks laid out to dry, he attempted to seek out the man responsible.

Lord Mayerling

If the other dwellings were cottages, the Lord’s house was a true Manor. Built on the hill overlooking the village, the Lord’s Manor was built of stone, and surrounded by modest land holdings. The home was two levels, and an open, pillared portico overlooked both the village and the sweeping bend in the river below. The Lord Mayerling was well-known in the village as a gracious, generous man whose form cut a most elegant masculine silhouette when he topped a horse. Lord Mayerling frequented the village often most days, always on the back on one of his many horses. He cared about the village and its denizens. He did not consider himself morally superior to them, though he did wish to protect them from the evil night. He scoffed at the rumors that the village was haunted, yet he could offer no explanation for the various mysterious occurrences he had heard from the village, and experienced within his own home.

Boots and saber polished, Mayerling rose atop his mount and began dressage down the slope from the Manor into the village on a horse of flawless dark brown. He wore a ridiculous cockaded hat with red and gold feather, unquestionably signaling his arrival in town. He lifted his hat to all he greeted, smiling and gracious, lover of this perfect little village.

Aiden

Coming out from round the back of the crude hut were the exhausted man had washed up before he fix supper for the night, he noticed the local farmer approaching as the sun began to set.
"What can I do for ya Tup?"
The mason and brick maker had only met the towns folk at the last town meeting and had yet to establish any true connections and friendships. A friendly smiled crossed his face as he pulled up a barrel turned into a chair for them to sit and enjoy the cooling day.

The Unholy Potato

After shaking Aiden's hand politely, Potato gestured for the man to sit, and remained standing (if his odd, hunched posture could truly be called such). "I have need ... or desire to have, anyway, a house built. Those bricks are yours, yes? I would like to make a deal with you, if such could be arranged," the funny little man explained quickly. "This place appears more dangerous than it seemed when I arrived, and I think that a bit stronger ... fortifications, shall we say, might be useful."

He paused for a moment, a thoughtful expression crossing his face, and then added, "And I realize that you are likely not wanting for most of what I could supply, but I think that we can come to some sort of agreement."

Beguile's Mistress

Various folk were out and about as Beguile entered the town center with her basket over her arm.  Most of them were little more than strangers to her but she had a friendly smile and greeting for any who wished to spend a moment getting acquainted.

The jingle of harnes and bridle caught her attention and she look up to see Lord Mayerling approaching on his magnificient steed.  He was somewhat outlandish she thought but gracious in his attentions as he tipped his hat and smiled to all he encountered.  Beguile stopped a short distance from the farmer and his companion to watch the horse and rider approach.

Lucius Cornelius

Quote from: Xandi on May 26, 2010, 09:49:07 AM
As the general takes her hand to comfort her she smiles and invites him inside her little cottage.

She offers him a seat and sits down as well. As she pours the coffee she ask him shyly , "have you found an appropriate place to lodge yet? If not I have a spare room I would Gladly share with you. In fact I would be honored to have such a strong man around during the long lonely nights. I would feel much safer.*

She stops herself before she throws herself on the table and offers him herself as well.

Blushing she quietly hands him a muffin

Holding her har, he take her hands to his mouth and soft kiss her " oh don't worry my lovely, i m sure that there is no danger at all.." he blushes a little thinking about her offer "true is that i have decorated my own bench , and i don't want that the all the town begin gossip about us"  he stand up, her hands in his own hands, and leaning kiss her cheeck "if you really need it, i would be more than happy in sleep here with you " he tell her, really hoping that his cheek don't goes to red, he was always so shy with beatiful woman like her.

"i better move to the town square, i need to check the news of the town... did you mind if i.... if i came i little later, i would love to see you soon"

Autumn52

Xandi thought it was a good idea to go into the town square to meet everyone anyway. She spoke up and said, "Do you mind if I walk with you. I would love to buy some meat and fresh herbs and maybe some bread in town if there is anything left."

She slipped her sweater around her shoulders and walked behind the General as he walked toward town. The first shop she saw was Albedo hunters shack. Xandi walked up and yelled out *Kind Sir Kind Sir* and when she saw the man walk out she gasp but then remembered she probably had interupted him butchering an animal. *Sir I was wondering if you have a 2 or 3 pound roast I could buy from you this fine morning? *

As she waited for his answer she watched as the General continued down into the town.

Next she would visit the potato man. His cottage was just across the way a bit but she saw him at the masons house so she walked over to where he stood and said, *Hello Gentlemen, I was wondering Mr. Potato if you have any fingerlings ready to sell? I would love a couple of pounds if they are available.*

While he answered her she watched as The General Disappeared down into the towns center. She sighed slightly and the ask the men if they new where she could buy some fresh Herbs?

Once her Business was complete she walked closer into town and the smell of fresh baked bread floated out of Ryven's cottage where he was sure to have the most delicious breads and pies and cakes. She walked her way to his place and knock slightly saying, "Ryven are you home, I was hoping to purchase some of your wonderful baked goods? " She had decided to buy a nice crusty loaf of bread an a pretty pie for dinner so she could invite the General over.

After Xandi had collected all she needed in town she headed back toward her cottage with just one more stop to make. She would stop off at Moirae's cottage to see if she could buy some Rosemary and Thyme from her.  She knocked on the door lightly and ask out  *Miss Moirae are you home my dear? I have come to see if you have the herbs I am looking for.* After her business was complete with the other villagers and she had introduced herself to as many as possible Xandi headed back to her little cottage.

Xandi place her items in the chest for safe keeping. She went out into her back yard to pick a few vegtables for the evening meal. Once all was well on it was to being prepared for the evening meal Xandi relaxed on her front porch in her rocking chair, drinking iced tea. As she sat relaxing she saw Lord Mayerling riding his horse her way. She stood and as he tipped his hat she curtsied and said "nice day don't you think Lord Mayerling. If you would care for some tea I have made some fresh."

She lifted her glass for him to see just in case he could not hear what she said up on that horse.

The Unholy Potato

Said potato man gave Xandi a polite, if somewhat crooked smile and nodded at her. "I do have a first batch, or should by tomorrow, anyway. I have some other vegetables that I could offer you now, but I don't have any fingerlings ready, yet. I'll do my best to remember, but remind me later and I'll be sure that I get them out of the ground for you."

His piece said, he waved politely at her as she walked off and then turned his attention back to the mason. "Nice girl, isn't she?" he mused idly, partially to Aiden, but mostly to the world at large.

Esoteric Myobi

Myobi could be found along with many of the rest in the village's town square. Bartering, buying, selling...her little basket swinging on her arm was slowly filling with carefully selected morsels. Everyone was rather friendly, although also somewhat hesitant and careful of the others. Perhaps it was due to their all being strangers at the moment, though she certainly wouldn't mind making a few new acquaintances. She smiled and greeted all with a small wave. Sometimes she even stopped for a short chat if the other had the time to spare.

While most of the humble little abodes could be found circling around the center of the town, many others followed suit though stood at farther distances. Even these homes warranted brief visits from her for many were on her way home, located with a few others at the edge of the town.

Her home greeted visitors with the lovely smell of fresh fruit, or at times the scent of pies and tarts baking. A lovely orchard that had already been growing when she came upon it, it had needed quite a bit of tending to but still produced sweet and delicious selections. After placing her basket of newly bought groceries inside, Myobi could be found somewhere in the orchard, picking fruit or with her back bent over stubborn weeds.

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Aiden

"In deed she is"
Aiden nodded his head and returned to the subject before their gazes had been distracted by the various townsfolk enjoying the evening.
"I am sure we can work something out, once I am able to bring in clay faster I will be able to produce more bricks...in my best day I can make over three thousand bricks but that is with a constant supply of clay and labors to bring in the materials I need. As it is I am averaging about seven hundred or so and almost have enough to finish my home. As you farm I am sure you can pick out the soil from the clay, give me a week or so and I'll head out over there and begin making your bricks on site...It would be a great help if you can start collecting a pile of clay for me to use...that would cut my work down by unimaginable amounts."
The man stretched his back and leaned into his seat lazily.
"I need to find me a wife soon...be nice to end the day with a back massage and a warm meal."
He jested with the farmer and continued to eye the ladies as they walked along with their business.