looking for a little bit of style advice

Started by ryushialthane, December 02, 2011, 12:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryushialthane

So I'm going to a fancy dress party next week and need advice on dress... its been awhile that I've been somewhere nice that my standard issue blues uniform wasn't required... My date is wearing a red dress, so I would kinda like to match her. My basic idea for it was black dress pants, either a white or black dress shirt and red tie with some sort of coordinating vest to go with it... any ideas? I have the pants, both shirts and tie though I'm not attached to it by any means... Thanks all.

Oniya

Something like this?

Or, if you're set on vest rather than jacket:

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

ryushialthane

That's awesome... I just figured the vest option would be a little less to worry about as the night is pretty much guaranteed to devolve into drunken debauchery... the party is basically a college party with a dress code. Lol.

Oniya

You might be able to get away with just the black shirt and red tie, then (no vest or jacket).  It's a little stark for a 'fancy dress' outing, but 'college fancy' is a bit more relaxed.  ;)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

ryushialthane

True. But like I said I don't normally get to pick what wear to most of my outings, though most of the time that is a plus. Doesn't help it'll be the first time seeing my date in like 2 years, dress to impress and all that. Trust me, I'm not dressing for my college buddies.

Aiden

You can always go blazer and dress shirt, no tie, if you own a blazer. (Don't match the blazer with your slacks).

If not tie to match her dress, dark shirt and a good jacket you can remove at your leisure since the party will turn more casual as the night progresses.

ryushialthane

Good point, I'll have scour my closets again to see what I have hiding.

Beguile's Mistress

I love dark suits, white shirts and red ties on men.  That combination makes me melt. :-)