Session Verification Failed

Started by Jag, February 22, 2014, 03:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag

Been getting this a lot the past three days. Only getting it when I try to mark all my show new replies as read.

Anyone else getting this? I'm using the silk browser on my kindle and it happens on my work PC which I use Ubuntu and Firefox and Chrome for the browser.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Blythe

I've gotten it before, too, although not in the last two days. In the past week, it's happened to me several times, though, usually whenever I try to log out. I'm on my PC, Windows 8.1, latest Firefox browser.

Vekseid

Quote from: Jagerin on February 22, 2014, 03:19:57 PM

Been getting this a lot the past three days. Only getting it when I try to mark all my show new replies as read.

Anyone else getting this? I'm using the silk browser on my kindle and it happens on my work PC which I use Ubuntu and Firefox and Chrome for the browser.

It's possible you might trigger in certain situations where you've been waiting more than 15 minutes to a half-hour or so (I forget what I set it at), but if it happens twice in a row or right after you've performed some other action on the site, than this may be a bigger issue : /

Jag

I'll keep an eye on it and see if it happens twice in a row. I haven't noticed that or not.

Jag

Okay, so it's happened twice since my last post. Both in the same way. I click to see new posts. Nothing that I want to check, so I click to clear (maybe 30 seconds to 2 minutes after getting to the page depending on how many posts there are to scan through), and I get the message. I reload the page and click to clear again and it's fine. Then it happens again the next time I go to check and clear them.

EDIT: Did normal troubleshooting that I would do at work. Force stopped my browser app, cleared data, and did a hard restart. I can't do that to my work PC because last time I tried to clear cookies/cache on it, it took three days and my whole system freaked. Not doing that again.

I'm wondering if it's just my kindle if no one else is experiencing it.

Vekseid

See if it happens on the ssl version of the site - https://elliquiy.com

Jag

That seems to have worked. Strange, I don't have to do that on my PC, but I do on my kindle. Oh well, so long as it works, I'm happy.

Vekseid

Quote from: Jagerin on February 23, 2014, 02:55:52 PM
That seems to have worked. Strange, I don't have to do that on my PC, but I do on my kindle. Oh well, so long as it works, I'm happy.

At a guess, Amazon is thinking it can cache some things or try to serve some things from proxy that it really shouldn't be.