[Red Hand of Doom] Chapter 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes

Started by Jeramiahh, October 15, 2009, 01:45:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShamshielDF

Tahline Hunithundlin

I pause in my conversation with Lyra, looking to Caline as she comments, blinking a bit, then allowing the hint of a blush to show.  "Oh..."  I fidget a bit, uncomfortably, "is this going to be a 'discussion' or a 'discussion' discussion?"  I could tell from the look I'd done something wrong.  Again.  That or she was upset at the idea of sharing quarters with someone else.  She had...strange reactions to violence, particularly when I got hurt as part of it...it was always so hard to tell when she was subtly telling me off or when she was hinting she wanted some 'us' time.  I sigh inwardly and resist the urge to shake my head.
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

Faeylin

Lyra

The redhead smiled, warming now to the two tiefling sisters. They were strange, with their long tails, and the...well, the rather sensual relationship they seemed to share. They looked as if they could have been lovers and not sisters, if it weren't for the fact that they looked so alike. They were strange, but Lyra couldn't fault them for it. Instead, she just took note of their peculiarities, and added the memory of them to a long lists of oddities she'd encountered on her travels. For what it was worth, they seemed more benign that Lyra had at first pegged them to be.

The group was outside now, and the air of the evening felt good and sweet. "Oh, well...I'm sure you guys could take the other room, if Martel doesn't mind bunking with me. And Aerynnel? From what I can remember, they kind of shun comfy beds...when I was little, when the druids would come to bless the fields in the Spring, and the harvest in the Fall." She leaned in close here, and finished, "Well, I kind of got the impression that they don't use soap to bathe with, much less take rooms in taverns." She giggled, and was about to say something else when Caline interjected.

"Oh, umm, sure! Well I'm sure we'll all meet up in the morning to discuss our big adventure. I can't wait to find out more about what's going on here. If we can really save Drellin's Ferry from a bunch of nasty hobgoblins, we'll be famous around these parts. You two sleep well!" Lyra waved as she moved off from them. They obviously had some private business to discuss.

For a brief moment, the red-headed girl considered slipping back to spy on them, but then she put the thought to the side. If she truly intended to work as part of a group, she would have to give each member a small bit of trust. Besides, they would only be staying in Drellin's Ferry for the night; if she could manage to slip away from Martel, maybe she could scout the place out a bit. She had a nagging craving, and she wasn't sure when she'd get a chance to indulge herself again.
"Come into my parlor," said the spider, ever sly.
"I have these sexy, long legs, and I'd love to suck you dry!"

Ons & Offs - My Idea Thread [F/F]

Jeramiahh

As they depart, Captain Soranna adds, "If you would be so kind as to bring it by tomorrow, when you get a chance; I'll have a scribe ready to make a copy, translate it as well, if we can."

Some of the townsfolk look up in surprise at the unusual party passing through, but few stare for longer than truly needed; travelers along the Dawn Way were fairly common, even some of the more unusual folk. Of curious note, the main town green has been churned to a fairly muddy mess, a small lake forming near its center. It seems that a celebration held there broke into a small underground spring, and now the green is a muddy mess.

The Old Bridge Inn seems to fit its name well. The building closest to the 'port' as it were, to cross the river, aside from the ferrymaster's shack, it looks to be quite old, with at least three different styles used in its construction and expansion. It quickly becomes apparent, when they step inside, why Soranna was only able to offer two rooms; the rooms, themselves, are few in number, only seven, and the building is fairly crowded. Three dwarven merchants sit at one table, each eying the others warily, as they share mugs of ale, their guards positioned behind their trader leader, each at a different table; tensions seem high between the lot. As well, a pair of off-duty town guards sit at a table in the corner, playing a game of cards with three halflings, a couple more watching closely, until one of the waitresses, a stout halfling woman, raps them on the back of the heads, barking at them to get back to work. "Look, new customers! Get them seated, or you'll be mucking out the stables for a week, aye?"
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Myrleena

Caline Hunithundlin

I wait until the others are out of earshot and we're moving into town before speaking in a perfectly calm voice.  Too calm, really. "Sis, what have you gotten us into this time?  Don't you remember the incident with the dragon?  Am I going to have to knock you out and run again?  I can understand wanting to help, but if you're planning to get us killed again..."

Sighing, I shake my head and raise an eyebrow at her, looking her dead in the eyes as I add further. "And I'm completely serious, Sis.  You had better not overdo things again.  And if I find out that you made things more 'interesting' again, well...I'll tell both of our mothers."

ShamshielDF

Tahline Hunithundlin

I blush slightly at her commentary, trying to keep a straight face for any others that are watching us.  As she finishes I whisper back to her, taking the more 'scenic' route on our way to the inn.  "Look, I'm sure it will be fine.  Look at this place!  I don't think we've been through a place this sleepy since that one place...um...just before Sigil...anyway, it's beside the point.  Look at it, though!  Do you really think anything more than a handful of hobgoblins and maybe bugbears would be around here?  There is nothing for a thousand miles!  Besides, I didn't get us killed last time.  I would never hear the end of it if I managed to get you killed.  Mother would head straight home and give us a lecture until mother finally died of old age and could take over for a bit so they could both harass us!"

I give her an innocent smile, making a gesture over my heart, "I swear to great grandmother, just because this place is so sleepy I think you could ready spells every few hours, I won't do anything to make it more interesting."  I lower my hand again, "at least, not before we are ready to leave..."
Ons and offs!
A&A

Faeylin

Lyra

She entered the tavern with a bright smile on her face. Lyra seemed friendly and curious...perhaps even sweet, but her mind was silently taking inventory of the various people inside. That one dwarf seemed full of spite; angry and cruel, even. Lyra saw the way one of the human males looked the halfling waitress up and down, his eyes full of perverse, lecherous thoughts. Would he be the kind of man who would press his size and strength against her if she were unwilling and without the aid of others? Her mind was always looking, always analyzing for the bad crops. Right now, before they went off on this 'adventure,' Lyra wanted nothing more than to find one weedy stalk to nip out and extinguish. But she wouldn't act rashly.

"Well hello there," she greeted one of the halflings as they approached to seat them. Her voice was full of giggles. "My name's Lyra, and my friends and I would love a nice big table with lots of good food to eat...and plenty of drink! You can't forget that, now can you?" She beamed at the halfling. "Have you got a table like that for us?"
"Come into my parlor," said the spider, ever sly.
"I have these sexy, long legs, and I'd love to suck you dry!"

Ons & Offs - My Idea Thread [F/F]

Alluistras

At Lyra's comments about not bathing, Aerynnel merely stared at her blankly for a moment. "Mm, well, you are correct about one thing. I find rooms rather cramped and stifling, and I most certainly will not trap myself by walls. We'll meet again at sunrise tomorrow." And without giving them a chance to object, she strode off toward the nearby woods to join Lakota, moving into the wind purposefully. The scent of pine mixed with honeysuckle meet the others nostrils. She smiled to herself as she walked, she thought she had a rather pleasant smell.

The wolf, happy to be reunited with the druid, jumped excitedly, wagging her tail. This was a typical greeting between the two. Aerynnel kneeled down, wrapping her arms around Lakota's neck for a moment while the wolf licked her face. Let's go find a suitable place to sleep, she thought, and the wolf made a noise in return, much akin to a grunt. They both needed to rest after the ambush and Aerynnel needed to prepare for the battle ahead.

Myrleena

Caline Hunithundlin

I sigh at sis, and then remind her. "And Sandpoint was all nice and quiet...right up until the local woodcarver went nuts and butchered nearly fifty people, remember?  As were half a dozen other places that we've visited.  Hell!  Back home looks quiet, yet mother lives there, and exactly how many enemies does she have?  This could be very dangerous, sis.  Don't underestimate things because a town looks quiet.  After all, you're supposed to be the responsible one, since I took up magic. Now I'm having to pull double duty!"

ShamshielDF

Tahline Hunithundlin

I stick out my tongue at her, "I had nothing to do with that woodcarver, thank you very much.  That had more to do with...one of our more distant uncles I thought?"  I shrug at that, "it's beside the point...and of course mother has enemies, its sort of the way of things, given our family.  Hell, we're related to half our enemies, and not by mortal blood for most."  I give her a charming smile, "and how was it decided that I was the responsible one?  I thought maguses were supposed to be learned, wise and powerful...sort of goes hand in hand with some responsibility, I would think.  Unless you're going to be like uncle Sanhiel and just let your little horrors go free in the woods...that always sort of bugged me..."  My voice trails off for a moment before returning with a small shake of my head, "anyway...why should I be stuck with all the dull dreary responsibility stuff and let you have all the fun?"

Of course, most of the conversation was in celestial, so even those that might overhear as we wander about town will only hear the musical tones of the higher planes.  It was always good to make people wonder about what was going on.  Of course, given the nature of our...extended family, it was possible we had some family on the other side of the fence.
Ons and offs!
A&A

Myrleena

Caline Hunithundlin

I sigh and give her a look of amusement.  Then I drop my trump card. "You're supposed to be the responsible one because mother said for you to keep me out of trouble as we left!  Little did she know that you're the hellion!"

ShamshielDF

Tahline Hunithundlin

I sigh and throw my hands up in exasperation, "of course she did!  Who was it that was always setting the laboratory on fire, playing with mothers toys and reading the mother's forbidden tomes?  And who was it that decided she was going to be a mage by fiddling with mothers wands and burning down the shed?  Whereas I had the good sense to get into mischief at uncle Sanhiel's house and other places.  First rule, sis...I always told you the first rule was 'don't get caught'!"  I shake my head a bit, wrapping an arm around her in a gentle embrace.
Ons and offs!
A&A

Myrleena

Caline Hunithundlin

"Yes...all of those things that I didn't do.  Jut the things that you did while wearing my clothing to cover your own tracks!  I'm a sorceress sis...not a magus.  I use magic, I don't have any idea what I would do with a spellbook.  You, on the other hand, got into everything." I give her another Look, and mention. "Or do I need to remind you what happened when you found the portal to Mother's harem?"

ShamshielDF

Tahline Hunithundlin

I press my hand to my heart, giving her a wounded look, "my own dear sister, so full of malice and spite, thinking I would do any such thing so petty and small as to attempt to pin the guilt for my own misdeeds upon her out of some sense of trying to avoid blame.  I am shocked, shocked that you could think I would be so small minded, Caline!  It was all strictly for you own betterment as an individual so that you wouldn't seem quite so droll and boring to the rest of the family, that you might develop some character and such.  Meanwhile, I developed a persona of sweet innocence and curiosity that mother might give me the degree of freedom I needed to explore.  How was I to know that such a plan would inevitably backfire?" 

I smile to her, wrapping an arm over her shoulder gently, "and how could I forget mother's portal...that event alone was sufficient motivation and impetus to opt to explore the planes on our own.  If only out of mortal fear that mother might realize the scope of what I'd done..."
Ons and offs!
A&A

Myrleena

Caline Hunithundlin

I glare at her a bit further at the explanation.  I then tell her, very precisely. "I suppose that explains what she did.  You did realize that the next day, while you were laying low, I was tied up in there, unable to speak or move while all of them got to do whatever they wanted to me?  All.  Of.  Them.  I believe that there were at least eight succubi, and about three times that in mortals?  And then mother got involved.  She even re-keyed the portal so that it will let me in now, but won't let me out.  Let me tell you, I'm ever so appreciative...and as such will have to just let you go through the next combat without support spells...unless you make it up to me, of course."

ShamshielDF

Tahline Hunithundlin

I stop, looking to her with an even more hurt expression.  "All of them?"  I give a sad sort of sniffle, "I was so scared I'd get caught I barely had time to kiss two of them, grope a bit and run!  I..." I sigh and shake my head sadly, "that my own dear sister, sweet Caline, would hold out on me like this..."  I stop a moment, thinking back to the incident and get a truly pained expression, "though...it does explain the smirking mother was giving me for the next week..."  I give Caline a disconcerted look, "do you...think she knows?  That it was me, I mean?"

At her last comment I give her a rather...thoughtful, lascivious smile, "mmm....and what could my lovely, sweet sister have in mind, I wonder...what sort of depravities does my sinful sister have in mind to inflict upon me this eve?"
Ons and offs!
A&A

Myrleena

Caline Hunithundlin

I grin at her as my eyes twinkle evilly.  My voice is sweet. "Of course she knew.  She just put a geas on me so that I couldn't tell you until you mentioned the incident.  She thought it was...appropriate.  And you might be surprised how much of a mess that turned into.  On the other hand, what to do...oh, I know!"

I smile at her and tell her softly. "I think that you need to remain celibate for...a week.  Then I'll forgive you, sis."

ShamshielDF

Tahline Hunithundlin

I pale slightly at her explanation, realizing how much work had just been shot away if mother knew the truth of what had happened.  So much work to carefully set things up, manipulating sis into saying or doing the right thing at the right time...all of it for naught if they knew all along.  It wasn't fair.  Then again, I should think about whom it was I learned to manipulate and cheat from....

I give her a heartfelt whimper, pouting, "a...a week?  A week?!?  I...you want me to sleep in another room for a week?!?  That's cruel, Caline!  That's worse  than what grandmother did to Sanhiel when his pets got loose at her house!  That's...I mean...mother would never approve!  I mean...think of my needs, Caline!  I just...I mean...can I at least seduce one of the locals?!?"
Ons and offs!
A&A

Myrleena

Caline Hunithundlin

I giggle again, telling her. "No, I didn't say that I wanted you to sleep in another room, Sis.  I said that I wanted you to remain celibate for a week.  It's the least you could do.  After all, we aren't succubi, so it isn't like you'd starve."

ShamshielDF

Tahline Hunithundlin

"Oh, you can't expect me to stay in the same room while you have your fun...that's would be...beyond inhuman!  And no, we're not succubi, but we are pretty much the watered down results thereof.  No, I won't starve, but I just might go crazy.  Crazier.  Something."  I stop a moment, blanching, "you...wouldn't make me wear the belt, at least, right?"
Ons and offs!
A&A

Myrleena

Caline Hunithundlin

I simply smile at sis, reaching out to gently rub her cheek. After a moment I mention slowly. "Thank you for the idea, but no, I'm not going to do anything like that, sis.  Though the belt is a good idea..."

ShamshielDF

Tahline Hunithundlin

I give her the best pout and sad hellhound eyes I can manage, "can I at least wait until after things calm here?  We're going into a tense period, sis, and these people need us...how can I do that if I'm distracted?"
Ons and offs!
A&A

Myrleena

Caline Hunithundlin

I sigh again, and give her a look.  My voice is gentle, and I let some of my worry show through. "Okay, sis.  I can deal with that, but promise me you'll be careful?  Things here are making me very nervous, not the least of which is caused by the fact that those hobgoblins were far better equipped than I'd expect any random raiding party to be.  And that map...I'm very nervous about this, sis.  If we get too far into this, we might get in over our heads."

ShamshielDF

Tahline Hunithundlin

Without a word I pull Caline into a tight hug, holding her for a long moment that way.  Fear gnawed away in my tummy.  Not afraid for myself, but afraid for her.  We both knew what would happen if and when we died.  Family was family, through life and death.

I relax my hold slowly, pulling back so I can look her in the eyes.  "And you be careful too, sis...I can deal with things, but if I lost you...well..."  I shrug a bit, looking away, "I don't know how well I could deal with things alone.  You've always been my better half."
Ons and offs!
A&A

Myrleena

Caline Hunithundlin

I smile, hugging her right back, and shake my head. "I don't have any intention of letting anything happen, but...well...you know I'll do my best to help you, even if it's to my own detriment.  I'll do my best though.  And now, we find the inn and take a night to recover before we get into whatever mess is coming down on this town."

ShamshielDF

Tahline Hunithundlin

I give her a sad sort of smile and a gentle kiss before leaning my forehead against hers, whispering softly in our native tongue, "I know, love.  Just...don't overdo it again."  I pull back, returning to celestial again, "which inn?  The others are all staying at the Old Bridge, and it sounded like they may permit us to use the other room on our own.  I don't know how they'll react if we keep them up half the night, though..."
Ons and offs!
A&A