I'm Proud To Be An American

Started by Mr Self Destruct, March 10, 2011, 11:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Self Destruct

Despite my President apologizing to countries around the world for America, despite the government trying to destroy the economy, despite the funerals of fallen soldiers being picketed, and even despite members of the White House calling our troops baby killers and rapists, yes...I'm proud to be an American.

The U.S. Supreme Court has recently decided that picketing the funerals of soldiers killed in action is protected by the First Amendment.

I answer to that by inviting these picketers to picket in my front yard and we'll see if my second amendment right is stronger than their first.

Our soldiers give EVERYTHING they have to keep our nation safe.  My brother wrecked his back in Afghanistan as a soldier in the Marine Corps.  Another brother had his knees ruined from seeing combat in Iraq.  My uncle in the Army spent twenty years of his life serving this country, only to be medically discharged because of a minor tick when he speaks.  And my own father gave up being there at the moment of MY BIRTH because he was overseas on deployment.

Such sacrifice, such willingness to give of yourself for the good of your country and your fellow Americans should be honored.  Instead, they are met with scorn.  They are labeled as monsters, unthinking killers, and rapists, and most of the time, these accusations come from the very people who's way of life they are protecting!  And yet they continue to serve, to give their all, because they know that their sacrifices are worth something. 

You have my respect, my admiration, and my unfailing support, men and women of the United States Armed Services.  My prayers go with you all, and know that you deserve only the greatest of honors in recognition of your duty!

Oniya

My father served in two wars:  one unpopular, one forgotten.  While I may not always support the where and the why of our military actions, I always support the 'who' of it.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17