News:

Main Menu

Who do YOU write like?

Started by RedRose, December 29, 2017, 11:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainErotica

I got Agatha Christie twice and Stephen King three times. Considering King is one of my favorite writers I’ll take it.

CyrodilicBrandy

Completely unrelated to the test above, which I haven't yet taken, I've been told I write like Stephen King. Which was.... one of the highest compliments I've ever received about my writing. That was years ago, when I wrote fanfiction, though.

Rabbit

I got Stephen King the first time. Nice. Then Dan Brown, Ian Fleming, and Agatha Christie.

clonkertink

Gonna do a couple:

1st sample - An old essay of mine: Arthur C Clarke - I've never actually ready anything by him.

2nd sampe - A post in which my character grappled with a moment of severe introspection: Leo Tolstoy - I've read a few of his short stories, but I wouldn't call him a major influence.

3rd - The intro to a fantasy RP: Vladimir Nabokov - Never read Lolita.

So, apparently I have a strongly Russian writing style? That's kinda depressing.

Bezukhov

Quote from: clonkertink on June 23, 2019, 11:56:20 AM
Gonna do a couple:

1st sample - An old essay of mine: Arthur C Clarke - I've never actually ready anything by him.

2nd sampe - A post in which my character grappled with a moment of severe introspection: Leo Tolstoy - I've read a few of his short stories, but I wouldn't call him a major influence.

3rd - The intro to a fantasy RP: Vladimir Nabokov - Never read Lolita.

So, apparently I have a strongly Russian writing style? That's kinda depressing.

Well, Russian literature is great, I would take pride in writing like Lev Tolstoy. Instead, all I get is authors I have never read (Anne Rice, Arthur Clarke, and Cory Doctorow – I mean, seriously?).
| ONs & OFFs | Request Thread | always up for brainstorming

clonkertink

Oh, I have nothing against the quality of Tolstoy's writing. I just find a lot of Russian literature depressing in general. I'll definitely take Tolstoy over Anne Rice!

Danyrie

I decided to play and analyzed my questionnaire story, and I got Stephen King, hahaha! I'm not surprised though because he is one of my favorite authors and I'm certain his writing style has influenced mine. Although I really am a little jealous of some of the other authors listed here! Agatha Christie, Anne Rice, Ian Fleming, and so many more! Hopefully I can expand my writing style a little.  :-)

Also, on the subject of Russian writers, yes they can be very depressing but their stories are also deep. I think my absolute favorite currently is We by Yevgeny Zamyatin, It was written in 1920 and is the predecessor and eerily similar to 1984 by George Orwell (written in 1949). If you're a fan of 1984 then I highly recommend We. It's a short read and worth every moment.

Endogenesis

It would appear that I write like James Joyce, that's rather nice I think.
"And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many.”

Thera Regina

Request Thread: Here
O/O’s: Here
A/A’s: Here

Thesunmaid

Anne Rice and Stephan King lol two authors I enjoy.

I was like oh...well ok then. I don't think I am anywhere near them but ok Thanks lol
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: working on them Current Status for RP:Tentatively looking

Eikichi

Anne Rice & Agatha Christie. I only seem to get Agatha for posts with sex and everything else becomes Anne Rice.
PMs are open for all role play inquiries.

Bezukhov

Quote from: Danyrie on June 25, 2019, 10:22:48 PM
I decided to play and analyzed my questionnaire story, and I got Stephen King, hahaha! I'm not surprised though because he is one of my favorite authors and I'm certain his writing style has influenced mine. Although I really am a little jealous of some of the other authors listed here! Agatha Christie, Anne Rice, Ian Fleming, and so many more! Hopefully I can expand my writing style a little.  :-)

Also, on the subject of Russian writers, yes they can be very depressing but their stories are also deep. I think my absolute favorite currently is We by Yevgeny Zamyatin, It was written in 1920 and is the predecessor and eerily similar to 1984 by George Orwell (written in 1949). If you're a fan of 1984 then I highly recommend We. It's a short read and worth every moment.

"We" is an excellent book, indeed!
| ONs & OFFs | Request Thread | always up for brainstorming

RedRose

Many great Russian writers though I never heard of Doctorow
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

Dichotomy

xD I write smut like Anne Rice and stories like Agatha Christie.
I can very well live with that.

Esoterica

I think I write in a similar way to Nicholas Bella and maybe Anne Rice. Like if they had a baby author.
"The image ALT here""The image ALT here"

Amyclas

I got Anne Rice as well. I don't even read her stuff that much!

Amyclas

I sent in a longer sample of my own erotica and got Agatha Christie!

Vulnicura

Apparently, I write like Stephen King. Didn't see that one coming, to be honest, but cool! I'll take it!

Starcaller

Sent in about six or seven samples from different stuff and all I got was Anne Rice. I'll take it.

Anomalous

I got Mark Twain from 3 samples.

Interesting!!!
To shine your brightest light is to be who you truly are

Anomalous Patterns ** Ideas ** Peculiarities ** Anomalous Musings ** Anomalous' Cache

TheSithChicken

It gave me Agatha Christie twice - and I write absolutely nothing like Agatha Christi - but when I post just the first couple of paragraphs it gives me Arthur Conan Doyle - who I also write nothing like.

Twisted Crow

Stephen King and Cory Doctorow.

I get the feeling that my beloved R.A. Salvatore isn't in this list of possible outcomes at all.  ::)

Wanna know who I write like? Dallas. That's who I write like...  ^-^

Shivery

Cory Doctorow, J.K. Rowling, or Dan Brown!

Pretty good company, I suppose!

JessicaHouse

Tried a few different excerpts and got Agatha Christie, Stephen King, and Anne Rice. Most of the time, it was Agatha Christie.