Warcraft Freeform RP (See 1st Post for Details)

Started by Question Mark, June 16, 2012, 10:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joslyn

Quote from: arkhos on June 20, 2012, 09:33:06 PM
The pally is part of the Argent Crusade, so he might very well know of or heard of some of you all. That would be fine with me, of course ! :)

I have a quick question about your character background, hope you don't mind. :) But it seemed to say that there were a lot of people within the Argent Crusade who are upset with your character over associating with members of the Horde races. That strikes me as unusual since there is not anything (at least in the game) to suggest that Allies and Horde are purposefully segregated within the Crusade.

There could be any number of other reasons to have trouble within the Crusade--disobeyed an order, personal grudges, leading a mission that goes bad, cult of the damned framing him for something, etc. The background might work better if you went with something like that.

All of the above is just my opinion of course, I definitely don't consider it a big deal or anything.

Question Mark

Quote from: Joslyn on June 21, 2012, 12:04:48 AM
I have a quick question about your character background, hope you don't mind. :) But it seemed to say that there were a lot of people within the Argent Crusade who are upset with your character over associating with members of the Horde races. That strikes me as unusual since there is not anything (at least in the game) to suggest that Allies and Horde are purposefully segregated within the Crusade.

There could be any number of other reasons to have trouble within the Crusade--disobeyed an order, personal grudges, leading a mission that goes bad, cult of the damned framing him for something, etc. The background might work better if you went with something like that.

All of the above is just my opinion of course, I definitely don't consider it a big deal or anything.

I thought the same thing when I first looked at his Champion.  However, although the Argent Crusade's stance is non-segregation and acceptance of all races, the members of the Crusade are still just people.  It's entirely possible that there are members of the Crusade who "put up" with the other Faction, or have pre-existing bias.  If one of Menthus' superiors had such a bias, and Menthus worked with the Horde, then it would be easy to sully his reputation and make him an outcast in the Crusade through lies or misinformation.  It would be Menthus' word against his superior's, and guess who's more likely to be believed.

Also, I'll be putting up the OOC and Character Threads within half an hour.  Just finishing up some work at the moment.  Sorry for the delay, it's been a busy night!

Question Mark

The OOC and Champion threads are now up!

As for the plots, it was a a narrow run between Peace Summit, Madness Within, and the Cylindrical Terrace.  In the end, Peace Summit won by a single vote, so that is what we will go with!  I'll post the IC thread up sometime tomorrow evening.  In the meantime, post your Champion to the Champion thread; once they're there, I'll add 'em to the roster.

I hope you're all looking forward to this game as much as I am.  ;)

arkhos

Quote from: Question Mark on June 21, 2012, 12:17:31 AM
I thought the same thing when I first looked at his Champion.  However, although the Argent Crusade's stance is non-segregation and acceptance of all races, the members of the Crusade are still just people.  It's entirely possible that there are members of the Crusade who "put up" with the other Faction, or have pre-existing bias.  If one of Menthus' superiors had such a bias, and Menthus worked with the Horde, then it would be easy to sully his reputation and make him an outcast in the Crusade through lies or misinformation.  It would be Menthus' word against his superior's, and guess who's more likely to be believed.

^ This ^. I probably should have made it more clearer, but the particular superiors he currently falls under, are not very approving of the horde's inclusion in their ranks or activities. They might be tolerated, but to some people, that doesn't mean that they should be 'mixing'.

Menthus has made it a point in his past - even before his time with the Argent Crusade - to work with people regardless of race or faction. If the people were able comrades and pulled their weight, he didn't really care if they were white, green, blue, black or whatever. He doesn't care if they have tusks, horns, tentacles, etc. He judges people for who they are, not what they are. This mindset does not sit well with some folk, including a few who have dominion over him, and as such, he's never been promoted, he's received his fair share of crappy assignments, etc. He's never been outright blatantly threatened or harmed (at least, not yet), so the 'retaliation' is more of a passive punishment for his views.

I hope that helps a bit. :)
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.