Saint's Row: the RP! All are welcome to join in at any time.

Started by SargentToughie, September 17, 2011, 11:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

(WIP)

Name: Vincent M. Varia
Sexual orientation: Straight
Height & Weight: 5'11 175lbs

Appearance: Medium length hair he tends to over saturate in hair products, fit and muscled body. (Picture enclosed)

History: Some kids want to be firemen and cowboys at a young age, Vincent always wanted to be a gangster. Growing up in the poor streets of Stillwater, the kid grew up street smart and tough. At age thirteen he was hot wiring cars and selling them to chop shops, by age twenty-three he operated his own shop while holding off a legitimate enough face to run off as a "credible" business a few blocks away from the Saint's Base of Operations.

When not in his shop, Vincent can be found burning rubber and winning pink slips but street racing has its double edge and he had lost a car or five over the past few years. Loyal to the gang to the end, Vincent hooks up anyone with what he can leaving his books barely black but knows that all he does is for the Saints and no one can take that from him.

Vincent does not participate in "thug" activity, he does not consider himself a street solider but in times of need he is more then willing to camp on a building for a week if needed to take out anyone the higher ups make a hit on. It is obvious Vincent wants to move up in the gang and is not shy to admit it.

Personality: Calm, collected and efficient

Skills:
- Sharp Shooting (You can handle Semi-automatic weapons more skillfully then a normal guy. IE: Sniper Rifles, shotguns, handguns)
- Driving (you can drive cars more skillfully then a normal guy, it'll come in handy more often then you'd think)
- Heavy Thinking (You can plan out strategies and adapt to bad situations better then a normal guy)

Equipment:

"Big Swallow" and "The Fist" (Soda and Burger)
Knife
K6 Krukov

Vehicle:
Stock Raycaster Vincent acquired after losing his last car in an incident that involved a late night street race involving two angry hookers and the Stillwater PD.

SargentToughie

Sorry for the delay everybody, IC, OOC, and character threads are all getting put up tomorrow, promise.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

MissFire

I'll join up! I'll come up with something tomorrow. Too bad my copy of SR2 isn't the PC version, I'd like to get in there and make an in-game character and use screens of that.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Ex68471

Name: Jason Butcher

Sexual orientation: Bi-Curious

Height & Weight: 5' 11", 230 lbs

Appearance: Short blonde hair, green eyes, muscular build. Burn scar on his left arm, scar on his left cheek and crossing the bridge of his nose. Normally wearing black tennis shoes, black jeans, black tshirt with a sarcastic saying in white letters, and a purple hoodie.

History: Jason's dad was a mechanic and his brother was a boxer with a drinking problem. His father taught him everything there was to know about fixing up cars, while his brother taught him everything there was to know about taking a hit. Despite his brother constantly beating him up, they loved each other and their dad.

They started up a garage with money won from betting on boxing matches. Unfortunately, the local gangs were having a bit of a spat, and barely a year after it was opened for business, it was burned down. Jason's father perished in the blaze, and Jason walked away with a scar on his left arm.

His brother did some investigating and found that it was the fault of the Aribiters of Death and the Shepherds that their father had died. So his brother began tracking down the other gangs of Stilwater, the Saints and the Shadow Lions.

Finding that the Saints lacked any real influence or power, his brother turned to the Shadow Lions. He joined up, and after a few months he brought Jason to one of the meetings. When they arrived, the Shadow Lions turned on them, gunning them down. Jason once again escaped, this time with a bullet grazing his cheek and nose, but his brother died.

His heart brimming with rage at the gangs who took everything from him, Jason turned to the Saints, who welcomed him with open arms, recognizing that his anger could be put to good use.

Personality: Only at peace when working on cars. His prize possession is his Bootlegger, which was next on his dad's list of pet projects. He will do anything to keep this car, and is eager to juice it up. When out and about, is generally a friendly kind of guy, until it comes to rival gang members. He is willing to start a fight over anything, and is fiercely loyal to the Saints.

Skills: Strong Arming
Bullet Biting
Driving

Equipment: 2 "The Fist" burgers,  a crowbar, and a Vice 9

Vehicle: Stock Bootlegger, painted black

EDIT: Fixed my [ b ] tags. Sorry about that.
Experiments 68469, 68470, and 68472 were perfect successes.
I am Experiment 68471, the catastrophic failure!

My Ons and Offs. Still a work in progress!

Attention: Everybody
I have horribly unreliable Internet. If I am on and suddenly am not, that is the most likely reason. Sorry! :D

SargentToughie

Just giving the people that expressed interest since my promise a little bit of time.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

MissFire

Name: Mona Temple
Sexual orientation: Bi
Height & Weight: 5ft 2in, 115lbs

Appearance:

History: Mona grew up in Saints Row during the final days of the gang war between the Saints, Brotherhood, Sons, and Ronin. The constant conflicts left her neighborhood ruined - especially the fighting between The Brotherhood and the Saints. Then after all the fighting was over, Ultor came in and started knocking down houses. The 'revitalization project' didn't last long, thanks to the Boss. With the gangs knocked out and Ultor more or less pacified, the Saints were primed and ready to take over the city. Again. But when you scatter cockroaches some always come back the second the lights go back off. Three new gangs appeared. This time, Mona was determined to not let those freaks run roughshod over her home so she joined up with the Saints in hopes of ending these conflicts quickly.

Personality: Quick to crack a joke and smile. A tad lazy, but almost always friendly and outgoing. While she doesn't like crimes against innocent civilians, she has no problem sabotaging other gangs and finds the excitement quite exhilarating.

Skills:
- Bullet Spraying
- Sprinting
- Driving

Equipment:
-Butterfly Knife
-T3K Urban

Vehicle:
-Hammerhead (dark blue with black interior, white center stripes)
http://saintsrow.wikia.com/wiki/Hammerhead
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

SargentToughie

Ons and offs

SargentToughie

Waiting on more people. Since my standards are so lenient, you're all accepted characters, and welcome to post your guys in the Character Thread.

When I've got 4 or 5 players with posted characters, I'll get the IC up. Sound good?
Ons and offs

Primarch

Colour me interested. I've bookmarked this, might get a app up later tonight.

Primarch

Name: Chase Brannigan
Sexual orientation: Straight
Height & Weight: 5'8 & 190 lbs

Appearance:

*Image may change after I fish out my copy of SR2 and get a screnshot*

History:
Chase has been rolling with gangs for far longer then he likes to admit, and started right at the bottom running pick ups and delivers as a kid. As he started to get a bit older and established himself a little bedrock of confidence it became apparent that when pushed, little Chase could push back hard. He was a member of the Vice Kings for a long time and later on jumped crew to the Brotherhood. Although able to think on his feet and set things up when given time, he was never a mastermind. Chase was at his best when he was sneaking into somewhere and "disabling" the guards, his talents opened up a lot of store hits. No warehouse nor car dealership was safe. Not to mention, when it was time for gang war Chase was already ready to crack some heads. Few people can swing a fist or a baseball bat like Chase Brannigan, and even less can get up after the kicking he can take.

However, after spending most of his life rolling with gangs that were out for profit and murder he started to feel the weight of innocent blood on his back and it was getting too heavy for him to bare, the very fact that Jessica went to him for the real "dirty work" was evidence enough of how bad things had gotten. Brannigan ducked out of the Brotherhood just before they were functionally disbanded by the Saints then leader. Although he was content to stay with his head down for a while, when he saw what the Saints were doing to genuinely clean up the streets, he knew he had to get in on it. Chase was canonised, and hasn't turned back yet.   

Personality: Chase is confident and resourceful, but he knows his limits and will be the first one to point out when he thinks an idea is more dangerous then its worth. But that won't stop him from playing his part. Although charming when he wants to be and ready to do whats needed to help the Saints, he also wears guilt like a coat. He's got innocent blood on his hands but he's under no false illusion of his possibility for personal redemption. He's burned down too much. But that doesn't mean he can't use his talents to make life better for the people of Stilwater with the Saints.

Skills:
- Strong Arming (You can handle melee weapons more skillfully, and deal more damage with them, then a normal guy)
- Bullet Biting (You can take more damage then a normal guy. What? You're pulling out the logic argument again? I repeat myself, this is Saint's Row, bitch! If you get shot, just go get yourself some fast food and get back in the fight!)
- Sneaking (you can sneak better then a normal guy, able to slip behind enemy lines and sabotage things)

Equipment:
Nightstick
Vice 9
Soda

Vehicle:
Alaskan

SargentToughie

Okay, one little nitpick: nerf the pistol. I said in the opening thread that if you didn't have a gun specialty skill, you started with a default Vice 9.

It won't be hard to upgrade though, so just deal with the inferior gear for now. I would also ask that you nerf the vehicle, but since your character has a history with the brotherhood I'm just going to wave it off. You'll find that I'm extremely lenient on the rules that I've set once I've learned that I can trust you to not abuse them.
Ons and offs

Revenent

I'm starting to feel kind of cheated that everyone has these awesome weapons and vehicles, while I properly gave my guy a baseball bat and a luggage cart. I suppose I'll have to make up for that with my next character.

Primarch

MissFire

Quote from: Revenent on October 02, 2011, 09:53:52 PM
I'm starting to feel kind of cheated that everyone has these awesome weapons and vehicles, while I properly gave my guy a baseball bat and a luggage cart. I suppose I'll have to make up for that with my next character.

Hehe. To be fair, my character's specialty IS driving. Plus, the Hammerhead is not classified as a sports car, nor even that rare.
    - Sima Yi

Primarch

SargentToughie

Waiting on 1 or 2 more profiles/players . If you could, Primarch, transfer your profile over to the 'Character Sheet' thread.
Ons and offs

Primarch

wildstar

man been mugging over joining this I love Saint's Row. played both 1 and 2 and have the third on reserve. SAINT"S ROW B*TCHES!!!!!

if I can here's my character bio

Name: Joe Sharpe
Sexual orientation: straight
Height & Weight: 5' 6" 180lbs

Appearance:  
                     think color's in Saint's Row purple and gold and white

History:Joe was born in Saint's Row on 3rd street about four blocks from the old church. from his home he saw the Saint's as they kept their territory safe. he remembered Julius before the current trouble. at 16 Joe even ran with the Saint's when the Brotherhood and Ronin came through taking Stillwater from the Saint's. afterward he had left because of a wound he got when the Saint's hit the brotherhood. Joe's shoulder was hit by an AK round cleanly through. hurt like hell.

for 6 years he recouperated. it was a long hard road but he beat it. during that time he saw Stillwater get invaded again by other gangs. at first Joe thought the Saint's could recover but..well this bullsh** wasn't going to happen... Joe got out of the hospital..but things were not well he learned his mom and sister were raped and killed by members of the arbiters of death.. those crazy sh**s.. he would make them pay big time first thing was getting back with the Saint's and finding out what the F*CK! happened?         

Personality: mostly a nice guy when he is relaxing but if you piss him off..well let's say Gat wouldn't help you ( he help Joe ) he is nice to girls won't even hit em unless they hit first... he does hate it when when someone talks about his family..which he doesn't speak about it...

Skills:
- Strong Arming (You can handle melee weapons more skillfully, and deal more damage with them, then a normal guy)
- Bullet Spraying (You can handle automatic weapons more skillfully then a normal guy. IE: machine guns and SMGs)
- Chaos Starting (You can handle heavy weapons and explosives more skillfully then a normal guy/ IE: Gatling Guns, flamethrowers, C4, and rocket launchers)

Equipment: 1 fist burger
                  Soda
                  2 SMG's (forgot the lowest named ones) think light MP5's or what

Vehicle: none (at the moment) runs mostly

SargentToughie

decent start, looking forward to seeing where you go with this guy.
Ons and offs

wildstar

SargentToughie

Sure thing. Put your character in the Character Thread, say something in the OOC, and dip your feet into the IC, you should be able to find all those links relatively easily.
Ons and offs

wildstar