Post Character Limit?

Started by Drake Valentine, July 10, 2014, 08:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Valentine

What is the estimated character limit within a single post, before post material starts breaking?  Does anyone have a general idea? I know it isn't limitless as I seen it break before by other users.

So I can have a general idea when adding information to games without fear of it being too much that may break the character limit.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Oniya

At one point it was 65,536 characters, but I think Veks has increased it since then.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

The Dark Raven

All we need is consortium to test it...I'm sure he knows the number. ;)

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Oniya on July 10, 2014, 08:27:49 PM
At one point it was 65,536 characters, but I think Veks has increased it since then.

Alright. I will take that as at best minimum then. ^^  Not sure if I have anything roughly close to that at moment as I tend to break information into sections/additional posts. (Of course material grouping on the other hand....)

Thanks for the heads up.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Oniya

It's definitely the minimum maximum.  ;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

consortium11

As per my sig, it is 65,535 (and I know... I tested...  :D). I recently double checked and the limit is still there.

Quote from: Daylily on July 10, 2014, 08:28:38 PM
All we need is consortium to test it...I'm sure he knows the number. ;)

:D

Vekseid

Note that some characters (' & " <>) along with foreign characters take up multiple characters when stored in the database, so they count extra against the 65,535 character limit.