Pulp Sci-Fi, Firefly-esque. Ship Crew. Small group -- {interest check}

Started by Joel, August 22, 2015, 05:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tytus

Tytus Hale

blue bunny sparkle

Joel

Quote from: blue bunny sparkle on August 26, 2015, 01:14:17 PM
Working on a concept now! If ya still got space!

bunny you sparkly thing of course.  there's several opens spots, check out the title post for more information and shoot character ideas my way (or feel free to poll the other players here on backstory ideas)

Quote from: Tytus on August 26, 2015, 01:01:57 PM
If you still have a spot to fill, pencil me in.

most definitely buddy.  let me know what you are thinking and I can help fit you into the group.

Quote from: Aiden on August 26, 2015, 06:16:58 AM
Since Joel mentioned some cool mental mind fucking stuff with the Phage, it will be interesting to see how that manifest IC.

yeah things are going to to get increasingly f--ed up as they get closer to Earth.  Tinker and I have a dark sense of storytelling.

Quote from: Rel Mayer on August 25, 2015, 11:27:16 PM
But what fun is playing a character in her comfort zone among like minds, when she can just make everyone else in the room feel uncomfortable ?

oh looks like we are going to have more than one super intense warrior-esses on this crew.  im looking forward to conflict.

And Welcome all the New players!
We are getting pretty close to starting IC because I think we'll soon have enough players to at least get going with the meet and greet.  Stay tuned for more information.

Rel Mayer

Well...

I really wanted to play Madison, but my character concept is apparently dead weight and my writing style isn't deemed 'right' for the vision of the game.

So, I suppose I'll have to shelve her for another game and withdraw my interest. Thanks for getting my muse gears running, everyone.

Tinkertoy

Quote from: Rel Mayer on August 26, 2015, 03:23:55 PM
Well...

I really wanted to play Madison, but my character concept is apparently dead weight and my writing style isn't deemed 'right' for the vision of the game.

So, I suppose I'll have to shelve her for another game and withdraw my interest. Thanks for getting my muse gears running, everyone.

Hey Rel!

I'm gonna drop you a little PM to see if we can resolve this girl to girl, I'm sure this wasn't the intended case. I bet we can work something out to two of us girls. YAY!! OKay, LET'S ROCK THIS PARTY! GIRL POWER!!! *Puts on the Spice Girls*

I only wanna be your self-inflicted wound.
It sees you, baby. The friction between me and you.
Show me what makes you human, I'll show you vulnerable.
You bend, you break, you surrender and melt like solid gold.

Amarlo

Okay, so I may have missed it amongst all the new additions but I figured it couldn't hurt to just ask anyways.

Barring expected unexpected delays, what would be the ETA calculated and given to the crew?

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Joel

Holy Shit guys we have so much good stuff primed and ready for this game!

Please welcome our new characters:
- Amarlo's XO character who's not going to take bullshit from anyone (I already see a good cop bad cop situation between the captain and her)
- And Yuki's counselor who's not quite what she seems, but is going to be very important to the crew later in the mission.

And keep them coming folks.  There's still some openings, and I'm aware that there are some tentative interest.  Again don't freak out, this isn't a game of musical chairs.  Tinker and I will make sure you get everything you want out of the game.

See the character directory here:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=235372.msg11575416#msg11575416

And heads up to all the new people, I think we should start plotting in the OOC thread and get started with an IC thread soon:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=235373.0

I should have a captain done like... today eugh sorry guys i'm slow.

@Amarlo: I really don't know actually how long it'd take to get to Earth.  I sorta just left that open ended so it can quick or really slow depending on how the game works out and what the flow is like?  But I'm sure the optimistic number would be like... a week and that's what they say on the call for mission volunteers so it's obviously bullshit.

Amarlo

A week actually seems really really super fast, especially considering they've been running from the phage for around 100 years now o.o Might I suggest something more along the lines of a couple of months to a year?

Something like "The trip could take a few months, it could take a year or it could even taken a couple of years depending on circumstances. So while we're asking for volunteers please understand that this mission calls for dedication by all involved!" sort of thing? Maybe?

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Joel

Quote from: Amarlo on August 26, 2015, 05:57:56 PM
A week actually seems really really super fast, especially considering they've been running from the phage for around 100 years now o.o Might I suggest something more along the lines of a couple of months to a year?

Something like "The trip could take a few months, it could take a year or it could even taken a couple of years depending on circumstances. So while we're asking for volunteers please understand that this mission calls for dedication by all involved!" sort of thing? Maybe?

honestly I think any sort of call for volunteers wouldn't ever mention how long it'd take.  it'd just lay out the objective -- which is to save the freaking universe.  but the FTL is jump drives, sure with limited jump distances... but also the fleet is running from the Phage and they could also be running from them in circles for all any of us know.  anyway, sure we can say a few months if that suits you.  it won't be an important part of the story however.  i was planning on glossing over the timetable to allow a bit of freedom in how people post.

wander

Still about, been talking character with Amarlo in PM. May get something in tomorrow or Friday, weekend maybe.

Thinking about a gun tinkerer as a main skill, with whatever fits best, really.

Amarlo

Just thinking it could only take a week makes it feel super rushed to me, is all. I was hoping for more time to get to know the other characters and realistically you can't really get to know a person in just a week xD Then again, I do understand there could definitely be things that delay them.

Funnily enough, I can definitely see that being a question my character would ask. "So how long would I have to live..?" Although not exactly in those words, lmfao.

And yay wander! <3

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Tinkertoy

Sorry folks, we are going to have to put the game on hold, due to things blowing up.

Hopefully we will be able to get them sorted, in the mean time I will keep all interested parites up to date with if and when it gets back on track again.

Thanks.

Yuki

Quote from: Tinkertoy on August 26, 2015, 06:56:23 PM
Sorry folks, we are going to have to put the game on hold, due to things blowing up.

Hopefully we will be able to get them sorted, in the mean time I will keep all interested parites up to date with if and when it gets back on track again.

Thanks.

Oh no :(

Tinkertoy

Alright....if anyone is still really into this idea, please PM me and I will see what I can make happen. I have been thinking a lot of things over and I think I can make SOMETHING work...I just need to calm down a little.

Amarlo

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Chreestafer

Definitely count me in, I'll send over a pm with my CS today :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Aiden

You won't be able to, game is on temporary hold, you can also try to message Tinkertoy as she was set to be co-gm.

wander

I'm open to have a PM sent with more deets when things are sorted Tink.

Tytus

Tytus Hale

Yuki

Chreestafer

Quote from: Aiden on August 27, 2015, 06:44:41 AM
You won't be able to, game is on temporary hold, you can also try to message Tinkertoy as she was set to be co-gm.

Oh I've been in for a while, that post was geared towards tinker asking if we were still interested. :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

RedEve

"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Joel

Greetings Everyone.  I'm going to close this interest ad.  Interested parties please see my message in OOC

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=235373.msg11604388#msg11604388

Thankyou!