Setting List Suggestions

Started by Vekseid, August 23, 2009, 03:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

I've switched to a year and location base for Earth. Could possibly still use some refinement.

Haibane

This is much more intuitive. I like it. Is it practical though, to place those settings defined by a time window in chronological order? It seems rather strange to have the time window definitions and then have them placed out of sequence.

If your coding, Veks, requires alphabetical order however and it's a lot of work to change that, I will quite understand.

Vekseid

I can cheat. >_>

This ultimately is a bit quick and dirty. Something more refined should be, in general, more refined >_>

Haibane

Refining takes time - and effort - and money. I do understand.

rick957

The year and location subcategories take care of my concerns completely; it makes the ones I use jump right out. Nice solution. :-)

Chat Noir

Harry Potter and the Buffyverse would be great to add.
If you've been missing me please see my thread here.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones...
...but whips and chains excite me."

Ons and Offs
My Roleplays:
Dirty Little Secret|Mystery Men - Unsung Superheroes

Vekseid

Saku

Quote from: Haibane on August 25, 2009, 01:49:22 PM
I still prefer 'Contemporary'. It doesn't move or change, in our context it would means games set 'now', whenever 'now' is. Even if 'now' is twenty years hence if we're all still here, 'contemporary' would still apply just the same.

Yeah Contemporary sounds best. :)
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

kylie

Among the D&D settings, perhaps include Ravenloft?  (Though I'm not sure just how popular it is.)

kylie

Could we perhaps dispense with the repeated labels of "Earth"?  I imagine it would be less common for other settings to use those same chronological periods, anyway. 

At least in the little box presently available for a profile list, all the "Earth" references become a little ungainly if you have more than one.

Vekseid

I may just replace the time periods with modern-historical-ancient (or some dated equivalent) and combine a few of the regions (Europe, East Asia, everywhere else...)

Ultimately this is going to be a bit bare bones. I've mentioned that I want to redo Elliquiy completely - I want to make this usable now, a more advanced version can come in the new iteration.