Int. Check: Fairy Tale Superheroes - Avengers Grimm (Need males!)

Started by Mathim, October 28, 2015, 04:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LamentingQuill

Quote from: WhatLiesAbove on November 06, 2015, 11:22:56 PM
It's an interesting premise!

Do we have to play purely good guys/heroes? If not, I'd like to throw my hat in for Melificent.

You can choose any side you want, Mathim and I could even maybe work on something for neutral parties interested in reducing bloodshed between sides as much as possible. I'd have to discuss it with him.

WhatLiesAbove

Quote from: LamentingQuill on November 06, 2015, 11:51:22 PM
You can choose any side you want, Mathim and I could even maybe work on something for neutral parties interested in reducing bloodshed between sides as much as possible. I'd have to discuss it with him.

Maleficent would probably be a neutral. She doesn't care about anyone but herself, really!

Mathim

Quote from: WhatLiesAbove on November 06, 2015, 11:57:07 PM
Maleficent would probably be a neutral. She doesn't care about anyone but herself, really!

While that mentality would behoove her to choose to join Rumplestiltskin's side (someone like her would definitely fit nicely in his inner circle) then as long as you can find a way to make being neutral work, that can be allowed. It just may not always be possible to avoid the conflict, as Rumplestiltskin views things in the way that, if you're not with me then you're against me, so even if someone with power is staying out of the conflict, he may target them simply out of principle. But if they've got the power to avoid his wrath, they can keep themselves more or less safe until they do decide to become more active on one side or the other. Although, someone as powerful as Maleficent doesn't seem the type to be neutral; Is she going to be more of the Angelina Jolie movie version, where her backstory is altered to tragic hero instead of villain, out of curiosity? That would lend itself more to wanting to stay out of it than the original story.

Characters can tend to reflect their roles in their respective tales, although they can vary in how antagonistic they are OR if you are extremely creative, certain characters may be able to do a switcheroo and go from villain to hero if you'd like to play a certain antagonist as a protagonist instead.

The biggest reason to side with one leader or another are the characters' own motivations, i.e. what do they get out of this relationship? If they are greedy and wish to acquire wealth and power at the expense of others, that's a good reason to join Rumplestiltskin's side. Or if they just like killing or torturing or just fighting for the sake of harming others for their own bloodlust, that's another good reason. Or if they simply hate a particular person and want to oppose them but can't do it on their own and the person they hate happens to be aligned with Snow White, then that would be another reason. If a character doesn't have those or similar reasons to join Rumplestiltskin, then they may not belong on the evil side even if they were portrayed as evil in their stories.

Those who oppose indiscriminate bloodshed, rampant greed and the taking of freedom and property from others without due process are the sort who belong in Snow White's camp. So the same applies to anyone on the positive side of their fairy tales, if they're not committed to these kinds of ideals then they probably would do well to stay out of that part of the conflict too.

That all being taken into consideration, being neutral in the conflict either makes one a target of Rumplestiltskin because he either wants them eliminated from ever becoming competition to him, or because he wishes to add their power to his ranks. So if one who is neutral is not simply sequestering themselves until it's all over then the only realistic role they can play is that of a (perhaps morbidly) curious observer. Just know that neither side can fully support that decision when they do possess the power to aid one or the other, so they will potentially have a difficult time making friends in the game, and when they do choose a side, they may find it difficult to earn their trust.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Senti

My good LAdy is rather a 'morbid observer' At least at present.

She does have her reasons for it. However it does not mean she might not change her mind in the sceme of things.

Also being mistrusted or not popularity queen is not and issue, she has had a long time of experiance in it.

Call her a cynic I think.

should be sending sheet today hopefully ...shame I dont have small animals and magical household goods to help me.

Mathim

Quote from: Senti on November 07, 2015, 09:00:40 AM
My good LAdy is rather a 'morbid observer' At least at present.

She does have her reasons for it. However it does not mean she might not change her mind in the sceme of things.

Also being mistrusted or not popularity queen is not and issue, she has had a long time of experiance in it.

Call her a cynic I think.

should be sending sheet today hopefully ...shame I dont have small animals and magical household goods to help me.

It did seem like that particular character is perfect molded to be a passive observer, I know those kinds of characters exist in comic books too, I just don't know of one in particular's name, I think in Marvel comics he's called the Watcher but I could be wrong if the name is meant to be misleading.

If we want to get this game started by the end of the week (or sooner) let's get those character submissions in and we'll rock the two worlds. Snow and Rumplestiltskin will get the ball rolling so the rest of the characters will have tasks set up for them right from the get-go and no one is left without something to do.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

WhatLiesAbove

Character name: Maleficent. There are no nicknames

Age: She looks to be in her early 20's. In actual fact, she is over 600 years old.

Role: Maleficent is an antihero. Once a champion of the Moor, the betrayal of true love has left her heart cold and bitter. She still hold position of royalty to the creatures of the Moor, and while having not truly picked a side in conflict, has decided that Rumplestilskin's conniving mind is humorous, and thus something that she can show support to. She cares not for suffering of mortal men, as the repeated sins of men against her (in her eyes) has proven them to be unworthy of her support.

Appearance:
Ability(ies): Maleficent is a witch, at least that's what humans call her. In truth, she is a fairy. As such, she has several magical abilities. While simple cantrips are of little consequence and rather easy (levitate a small object here, dump some water there, whatever might cause mild mischief), her true abilities lie in nature.

Maleficent is able to conjure lightning, and bend it to her will. Like Thor, she does this with the use of her staff....which to those not seeing her performing magic seems like a simple walking staff. However, the staff allows her to harness lightning, as well as calling upon treacherous frost storms. And summon thorn bushes anywhere and at will.

Her two final powers lay in divination and transmutation. She is able to lay curses upon people (ask Aurora how that works). Finally, she is able to transform....from a sensual woman, to a rather large, black, fire-breathing dragon. It is only in this form that she is able to fly.

She has one major weakness that may be her biggest undoing in this new, modern world. Iron. Maleficent is unable to touch anything iron. As such, she cannot carry a gun, enter cars, or even many buildings. It is universally dangerous to her. It was iron that took her wings, and it is iron that burns her wherever it touches. It is an unfortunate thing to be in a city, since most buildings are made of steel (which is derived from iron).

As well, Maleficent cannot cast magic when in her dragon form. The dragon form is impervious to most forms of attack, what with dragon scale being so tough. However, it does have a weakness. There is a single spot at the base of her long draconic neck where the scales do not quite cover. We're she to be hit in this spot, she would immediately transform back to her "human" form, and be vulnerable to normal attacks that most humans are.

History and Backstory:Maleficent grew up in the Moors...a place of natural beauty, wonderment, and magic. From the time she was little, she had always been wary and curious of the human world. From her perch at the edge of the Moors, she was able to watch the human world seem to grow and flourish. At first it was idle curiosity, but it soon turned to wariness as humans seemed to become more and more aggressive and land-hungry.

As a child, Maleficent was able to fly, having beautiful brown wings. One day, she met a young boy who looked to be about the same age as her. For months they met and talked, and it seemed as though there could be a bridge through them between the realm of Moor and men. But it was not to be. The young boy, Stefan, became a member of the kings court, and Maleficent never saw him again.

Until one day, when they were both grown. Stefan returned, and used the bond he had with Maleficent to summon her. A night of passion turned to betrayal. Stefan took Maleficents wings, showing them as a trophy to the king and securing his place as the next ruler. Maleficent was crushed.

Biding her time, Maleficent let her anger grow, until finally she was able to strike at Stefan. Capturing his daughter Aurora in a curse, Maleficent reveled in the anguish as Stefan tried to keep his daughter safe. Finally, the day the curse was to unfold (Aurora's 16th birthday), Maleficent coaxed the king out, and slaughtered him in the woods. Content that her revenge was complete, Maleficent recalled the curse on Aurora, and retreated back to the Moors.

Human nature will not be denied, though. And as Maleficent watched, the human realm grew and grew. Many battles were fought to protect the Moors, and humans died, along with many creatures from the Moors. With nothing left to protect, a crushed Maleficent seemed to vanish.

But she didn't really.

To modern times we come, where Maleficent has flourished. With humans calling upon the protection of entire forests, Maleficent has found a place again. Hidden away, she has collected herself a tiny grove, where she lives. The stories of humans disappearing in the woods, never to return? Most likely it is because of Maleficent. Though nobody can say for certain.

Sexual Stuff:Maleficent is a fairy. However, in all her time alive, she has only ever had that one encounter with Stefan, seemingly centuries ago. There has never been another creature that she has wanted, and the thought of being with another human enrages her...though she cannot help but admire the male and female form alike. Yes, Maleficent is bi-curious.

There are a whole plethora of yes' that can happen with her. Capture, seduction, even possible enslavement (though the powers of good would t really have use for that, perhaps Rumplestilskin could do with a fairy pet). As past stated, Maleficent is bi-curious, and might, if the opportunity arises, fall to the seduction of a beautiful woman...even a man if one were to tag along. After all, it has been a long time since she has had any intimacy in her life.

Story-related Suggestions: I'm completely open. And I think it would be cool to have some sort of dichotomy between good and evil warring within Maleficent. While a bitter anti-hero, she isn't exactly evil. She just has evil intentions. She could very well el, be lured into the destruction of humans by Rumplestilskin, but I'd like to see someone show her humanities redeeming qualities, and perhaps try to lure her back to the light.

Mathim

Lovely! So that officially makes 3. Let me start sending out some PMs to let everyone else interested know that we're burning rubber already.

Senti

Is it ok for Miss Raven to actually be a cockney this 'incarnation' that was 'angin' abaat wf vhe boys in ve Tawer av Landan? At least before things got messy and she ended up having to help out in the States? :)

Mathim

Quote from: Senti on November 07, 2015, 01:43:33 PM
Is it ok for Miss Raven to actually be a cockney this 'incarnation' that was 'angin' abaat wf vhe boys in ve Tawer av Landan? At least before things got messy and she ended up having to help out in the States? :)

If trying to read and comprehend it doesn't make our eyes bleed, sure.

Senti

Dont worry I promise to put in any translations. Just thank the heavens its not Pikey.

Mathim

Quote from: Senti on November 07, 2015, 03:36:51 PM
Dont worry I promise to put in any translations. Just thank the heavens its not Pikey.

I'm not sure what that is but I'll take your word for it.

Senti

Watch the film Snatch then you might understand. Its a sort of Gypsy slang to confuse those Gaje.

Mathim

Quote from: Senti on November 07, 2015, 05:02:46 PM
Watch the film Snatch then you might understand. Its a sort of Gypsy slang to confuse those Gaje.

I tried, couldn't get into it. But thanks for the brief explanation.

Mathim

Okay, I think we're about ready to transition to an OOC thread. Snow and Rumplestiltskin's event to open the magic mirror and the way to the new world will set up the means for the rest of the cast to begin their roles. I'll link to the OOC thread in the first post of this thread once it's ready to go, but I'll link it here too:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=239351.msg11799587#new

Mathim

Splendid! I really think we've got something special that will make it work this time around.

Actually, it occurs to me we need more dudes. Anyone think they might know of some they can reach out to for interest in this story?

LamentingQuill

Senti

Kokaine

I was about to work on my Ursula sheet but realized the game is a bit female heavy already... is that a problem?
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Mathim

Quote from: Kokaine on November 09, 2015, 06:22:31 PM
I was about to work on my Ursula sheet but realized the game is a bit female heavy already... is that a problem?

Nah, I think my one male villain is probably able to handle it. I've got a few ideas for NPC villain lackeys that won't interfere much with what other players coming in afterward might want to play.

BUT I wouldn't object to anyone wanting to double up and play some male heroes or villains.

Kokaine

Okay then. Well my intent is for Ursula to at least start on Rumple's side and depending on the game's speed I may tackle a second character and that one can be male.

Not gonna lie, I'd love to see a Floatsam and/or Jetsam pop up :P

I am hoping to get my sheet sent in tonight since the weekend was just too exhausting for me to do anything then :/

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

LamentingQuill

I'm hoping we can get some more dudes, wouldn't it be cool if we saw like a Jafar or a humanoid Scar? So many options from Disney to folklore, I can't wait to see what will pop up :)

Mathim

Quote from: HopeFox on November 09, 2015, 07:14:55 PM
We could definitely do with an Aladdin on the heroes' side - it would be handy to have someone who actually knows something about djinni. :)

Ooh, yes, someone Rumplestiltskin would absolutely HATE: A human who once was a Djinn's master, the indignity of it all!

Also, let me give everyone some good news, as far as most characters (at least in the Disney versions) having animal or other creatures as sidekicks: If you would like for those characters to have these pets/pals as a familiar, that is perfectly fine. Maybe they only manifest spiritually, or maybe they have to be conjured up for a predetermined amount of time by the character at the cost of some of their magical strength. That's totally cool, as long as it's reasonable. More than two might be pushing it, but otherwise I don't see why we can't include them. But you'd have to control them as NPCs since if no one else volunteers to play them, there's no other realistic way to have that happen.

So for instance, Jafar could have Iago as a familiar, Aladdin could have Abu, Ursula could have her eel minions and so forth. Even those that didn't have one in the stories, if it makes sense to the lore, then that should be A-OK.

Okay, so anyone itching to start, here is what you need to know, and then you're free to have at it in the IC thread:

Rumplestiltskin's invasion of Snow White's castle is under way, and he's sent out a beacon of sorts to signal all of his allies that the time to follow him to the new realm is at hand, and that they should either be en route or just receiving the signal and preparing to move out.

Anyone who is an ally of Snow White will be receiving a similar distress signal and again, be either en route or just receiving it and preparing for battle. BUT they will be a few hours behind the villains, so the villains will control the castle by the time the heroes show up.

So if anyone wants to get this party started, go for it! We're not going to be that stringent on traveling distances, especially with magic involved, so don't worry about that kind of thing. The villains got the message first so that's just why they're a few hours ahead.

Also, what do you guys think of the advertisement in my new signature?

LamentingQuill

I'm working on Snow White's first post and it should be ready by sometime tomorrow.

Mathim

Posted! I hope everyone appreciates that I squeezed in a 'dearie' into Rumple's dialogue, LOL.

Senti