Of Fire,Water,Earth&Air(Extreme-LGBTQ friendly,POSSIBLE RE-DO!Interest check)

Started by bubby, October 14, 2013, 03:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrano Johnson

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on October 23, 2013, 09:59:56 PM
*grins* does she meet with your approval?

Most satisfactory, madam. Entirely satisfactory.  :D

(Incidentally... does she have that lovely ink IC?)
Artichoke the gorilla halibut! Freedom! Remember Bubba the Love Sponge!

Cyrano Johnson's ONs & OFFs
Cyrano Johnson's Apologies & Absences

Thorne

Wow. I think I need to up my game here...

Also, holy hot damn. If I was into girls... ^^;
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

TheRedWind

Nearly done with my character. I just have to get to personality and background now after searching for the right picture for hours.

Unless we really need it, I don't think I'm going to make the rebel officer. If necessary, I certainly could, but my character muse is apparently on vacation. I have tomorrow off work, so I should be able to finish mine, then throw another together if I'm asked to.

bubby

Quote from: PrestaDGTation on October 23, 2013, 06:29:55 PM
  Oh wow!  I read this just passing through on my phone, and I've been having ideas about it all day.

If possible, I'd love to audition / volunteer / outright-grab the role of the Water Mentor.  I have a character concept loosely-based on a fisher-girl I saw in Berserk: sort of a solitary but wild-spirited young woman with her own brand of wisdom.  And my mind is reeling with all sorts of metaphysical funniness to help a would be Water Prodigy on their way.  I figure this character would also be a rebel, although I imagine her student would surpass her both in power and in lifespan. 

Also, the pacing of the game works well for me.  I can hopefully post twice a week, but it will be hard to do more than that currently.

Character to follow!  ^_^  *beam!*

Would love to have you! Just as long as you're aware that even as Mentor, your char will have no Power. Being a mentor merely means that somehow the Lore of said Element might have been passed on to your char.

Quote from: TheRedWind on October 24, 2013, 01:35:40 AM
Nearly done with my character. I just have to get to personality and background now after searching for the right picture for hours.

Unless we really need it, I don't think I'm going to make the rebel officer. If necessary, I certainly could, but my character muse is apparently on vacation. I have tomorrow off work, so I should be able to finish mine, then throw another together if I'm asked to.

No worries. I'll take what you can give me darlin'!

*Grumbles and goes back to the drawing board in finding the perfect Queen pic because BP is AWESOME and found gorgeous ladies.*

Thorne

Quote from: bubby on October 24, 2013, 02:14:10 AM
*Grumbles and goes back to the drawing board in finding the perfect Queen pic because BP is AWESOME and found gorgeous ladies.*

I swear, that's why I draw my own....

Although I think the sexiest pictures of Kes are going to be her bathing. ^^
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Rave on October 23, 2013, 11:05:36 PM

LOL

Quote from: Black Howling on October 23, 2013, 11:13:25 PM
Holy fucking hell, BP. Both those characters! Just Dayum!!!!!!

And by that, I mean they are drop dead sexy!!!

* Black Howling is drooling like mad.

*grins and dangles both the pretties infront of him* You know you want it. ;)

Quote from: Cyrano Johnson on October 23, 2013, 11:42:42 PM
Most satisfactory, madam. Entirely satisfactory.  :D

(Incidentally... does she have that lovely ink IC?)

It's painted on, but yes, she will occasionally have it IC ;) I have a whole little backstory on it.

Quote from: bubby on October 24, 2013, 02:14:10 AM

I thought you found the perfect pic yesterday? o.o
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

azzmeister89

Name: Lord Reynik Baylin
Affiliation: Rebal

Personality: calm and relaxed Reynik has a generally easy going attitude but during battle he is different and becomes a harsh opponant that many queensmen have learnt to respect and many a officer longs to best in battle and stratagy.

Biography: born as the tenth son of the ruler of a small city state, Reynik was raised believing he would come only to command men in battle as it would be unlikely he would ever take the throne. When the queen began her southern advance to conqure he had been only fifteen and as other lords surrendered he expected his father would too.

This never happened however as before the choice was made his father passed away from illness. Enraged Reynik's nine elder brothers declared they would never surrender and sealed the city gates. The queen's best general Eric Ulfar the second was charged with taking the city and within a year all nine of Reynik's brothers died from various reasons: Assasination, battle, power struggles between siblings until Reynik and his mother were all that were left. Now aged sixteen Reynik was left to defend his fathers city and for four years he was able to hold back Sir Eric and his armies. His stratagies were new and strange to the queen's soldiers so they began to fear him.

As the fith year of seige was about to begin however one of the cities nobles sold the city out. The enemy poured in killing all they could find. Ten thousand were able to escape along with twelve thousand soldiers and there injured and unconcious general. Reynik's soldiers were also able to save his younger sister who was only a toddler at the time.

Fleeing the city they went into hideing in the mountains and joined the resistance. After allowing his injuries to heal Reynik put his tactical mind to use and is now considered one of the resistances leading members.

Appearance: 

Combat Information:

Weapon(s): Reynik carries a single sword made from a strange black metal found in a fallen star.

Ability/Skill(s): Reynik is highly skilled as both a tactitian and a musician

Strengths: tactically minded, calm and collected, inspires loyalty in others.

Weaknesses: can become over confident, considers his younger sisters life more important then his own.

Sexual Information: before the city of his father fell he was a highly desirable match for many noble girls however he never had a chance to marry and since the fall has been with none. Reynik remains a virgin.

Sexual Nature: Heterosexual

Turn Ons & Offs: likes anything other then extream torture and toilet play.

Cyrano Johnson

Here's the Fire Mentor pretty much complete. Bubby, please to let me know if there's anything I need to edit... merci!

Personal Information:

Name: given name unknown
Known Aliases:
- Faucon ("Hawk") de Cathares
- Lonal de Castel
- Thierry Renard
Affiliation(s):
- Leader, "The Cathar Brotherhood" a.k.a. "The Cathars" (brigands)
- Fire Mentor

Personality:
As with most any person who lives off the proceeds of theft and murder, Faucon's most immediately noticeable characteristics are hard ruthlessness, cynicism and casual brutality, and an undercurrent of canny calculation: a constant, acute search for the ways to turn any situation, and even any person, into profit. He seems, and perhaps deliberately goes out of his way to seem, cheerfully amoral, and has a clear love for perverse, pitch-black humour (hence the ironic religiosity in the name of his notorious brigand band).

It takes longer observation to notice the subtler undercurrents in his nature: the fact that he habitually restrains his men from the wilder cruelties of which brigands are capable; the hints of loneliness, sorrow and regret that occasionally seep out from under his facade; and the careful inscrutability of his features on the extremely rare occasions he ever directly speaks of the Queen.

Biography:
Nothing is known of the life of the bandit "Faucon de Cathares" before he took up residence in the woodland country he has haunted for some two decades. His activities as a highwayman are wide-ranging, feeding into the black markets of several nearby towns and cities and encompassing everything from the theft and fencing of property and precious goods to a widely-suspected trade in persons, in particular of attractive girls to a range of urban brothels. The Queen's Guard has been compelled to go after his "Cathars" on several occasions, but the effort has always seemed half-hearted and has never led to much more than the hanging of a few easily-replaceable fringe members of the band; it is suspected that he's being tacitly half-tolerated because a number of local officials profit directly from his activities or are being simply bribed by him, and it's known for certain that he has helped the Queen's notorious Hunters to ferret out rebels hiding in the area more than once.

By no means, however, are either Faucon or his killers comfortably in the good graces of Glavnon. For one thing, there are rumours that Faucon is something of a warlock and really in the service of demons... the kind of thing that more serious people regard skeptically, but that royal authority can't afford to entirely ignore. More damningly for the royal perspective, there are suspicions in some quarters that the Cathars may serve up the occasional small rebel quarry to the Queen's Hunters to cover up for other, more dangerous seditious activities. A persistent rumour in this vein among the criminal fraternity, either an established fact or a laughable urban myth depending on whom you ask, is that the network of "brothels" the Cathars deal with are actually confidence operations designed to draw in unwary officials and highly-placed merchants and nobles, getting them drunk and pumping them for information to feed back to the rebels. (That the Cathars are not all dead and their forest burned to ashes means that such rumours haven't been proved to Her Majesty's satisfaction... yet.)

Appearance:

Combat Information & Weapons:
Faucon is naturally athletic: a tough brawler, a capable (if unspectacular) swordsman (favouring the longsword), and a deadly shot with a crossbow. Through reasonably strong and confident, he's hardly a transcendent weapons master and therefore doesn't shrink in the least from the use of underhanded tactics -- from low blows, eye-gouges and sneak attacks right up into the use of poison -- if they will give him an advantage. He's known to dip his crossbow bolts in arsenic whenever he has a ready supply.

His real specialty, however, is his work with the dagger, either thrown or in close combat: he handles knives with a degree of mastery that can only have come from having been a cutthroat (or at least a cutpurse) from a very young age indeed.

For most working purposes, he can be assumed to be carrying a longsword, large hunting knives (2) (one at his belt, one strapped to his left thigh), smaller daggers (2) (one secreted in each boot), and a brace of throwing knives (3) under his tunic at any given time. He rides a sturdy grey who also bears his crossbow and bolts (20).

Skills & Abilities:
Having now spent decades living largely in the forest, Faucon has become a skilled woodsman and a fairly capable tracker. His knowledge of his local countryside and the routes in and out of it is almost peerless.

Faucon is extremely streetwise in dealing with the criminal element, and a skilled and persuasive salesman and negotiator when he needs to be. Moving in the towns of Glavnon sometimes requires going by stealth at night (at which he excels) or in disguise (not nearly as much of a specialty, but he can effect a passable short-term ruse as long as it doesn't come under close scrutiny).

His skills in pickpocketing and sleight of hand hint that he probably started out as a pickpocket in some town or other. He's rather rusty in both these areas now, given that he's become more accustomed to simply taking things by force, but he hasn't lost the knack completely.

Those who've known Faucon for long enough eventually come to notice that he seems to have some sort of curious "relationship" with fire. As a subset of his woodcraft, he's very skilled (though not supernaturally so in any obvious way) at setting and manipulating fires, often using controlled false "forest fires" to panic his targets into traps. Though it doesn't typically come up, those who think hard about it do note that for all the times they've seen him set fire, play with it or walk through it, none of his men have ever so much as seen his eyebrows singed.

Strengths:
Faucon keeps his men in hand with an easy, natural charisma, and he can come across as readily charming when he wants to. Other factors in his air of authority are that he's mentally acute and physically quite fearless, indeed seemingly careless of his own life to a degree astonishing for a bandit.

For all the cruelty of his vocation, he is still clearly capable of empathy under the surface. It's something he downplays -- it doesn't do for a bandit to seem sensitive -- and perhaps even a side of himself he tries to suppress, feeling it as "womanish" weakness and a source of unnecessary pain. But it's still useful in helping him understand opponents... and perhaps in shaping even his criminal career into something more than mere banditry.

Weaknesses:
Faucon's fearlessness can all too easily become recklessness, perhaps indicating that underneath his bravado, he really doesn't much like himself or his companions or care overmuch about his own fate. It's a habit that has nearly gotten him killed on more than one occasion.

Though bright and even brilliant, he is illiterate, uneducated and unrefined, a true creature of the streets and highways. His lack of sophistication is a point of genuine sensitivity for him -- he aspires or at least once aspired to better things -- and he can be prone to overcompensating for it by trying to fake a knowledge of wines, cuisine and scholarly esoterica in ways that can sound absurd.

Like most of his men, he is something of an alcoholic and is a particularly severe gambling addict, two habits which have always conspired to keep him from retiring on the proceeds of his quite-successful banditry.

Sexual Information:

Sexual Nature: Straight.

Turn Ons & Offs: Faucon displays the hyper-active libido common to those who live in the constant shadow of death. His tastes tend to veer between extremes of roughness and tenderness.

On the side of roughness, he is certainly more than capable of ravishing a woman and for the most part displays the domineering and demanding instincts of a man whose greatest experience has been with whores or terrified female captives. He enjoys rough, kinky play with bound women... but he also feels shame at this enjoyment, which he ultimately feels to be as much as of a weakness as drink or gambling, and tries to keep it within bounds (with the same uneven success he has with drink or gambling).

He yearns more for genuine affection than he has admitted to himself in a long time, and in the grip of that yearning he is capable of great tenderness and skilled attention to a partner's pleasure. It's a side of him most women see much more rarely if at all, and getting to see it can be a mixed blessing: he feels even more shame and embarrassment about this kind of "weakness" than he does about his rougher, kinkier side (or perhaps feels the indulgence of it as an emotional betrayal of someone he once loved), and he can thus be prone to rebound from gentleness back into brutality with dizzying speed and ferocity.

(Within these parameters, he pretty much shares his player's O&O's.)

Other Information:
Faucon holds only two things sacred. One is a locket containing a lock of long, golden hair. The other is what his men call his "prayer shawl," actually a rag of dark red homespun cotton that he wears wrapped around his midriff. None but him knows the story behind either object.
Artichoke the gorilla halibut! Freedom! Remember Bubba the Love Sponge!

Cyrano Johnson's ONs & OFFs
Cyrano Johnson's Apologies & Absences

bubby

AZZ -- Excellent character. I would ask though that you change the 'queens soldiers began to fear him' part. The Queens soldiers fear nothing. ;) Change it to 'began to respect him for his war abilities' or some such, and it'll be great!

CYRANO -- LOVE him. Especially the 'affinity to fire' part. I think he'll make a great Mentor!

I have to take my bunny to the vet today, which means a bus ride and walking, then of course work, so I won't be around much toady. My tentative plan still is to have us starting something by this weekend at some point, at the very least OOC and Character threads up. Hell, I still have to make my char sheet!  ::)

I am so happy with the interest that has been generated for my idea, and I'm excited to have us begin!

bubby

OMFG YAY!! I found the pics for my Queen! This means hopefully tomorrow I can make up my own char sheet. Barring any interruptions before work of course. But the weekend is almost here!

azzmeister89

bubby

persephone325

Sorry I haven't gotten my character in yet. RL suddenly got very chaotic.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

ladia2287

PrestaDGTation

I'll find the pics later.  But this is the prototype!  Lemme know!

Name: Inia Ervina
Affiliation: Rebel / Water Mentor

Personality:

Inia is a collection of opposites: a devil-may-care mess that knows exactly what she is, but that doesn't seem to know where she's headed.  She oscillates between an energetic, even mischievous demeanor, and a distant seeming wistfulness.  Playfully serene and bemusedly impartial, she is also strong willed and very sudden in her emotional outbursts.  Some might call her intense, owing to the piercing look in her eyes, but she is closer to the term 'avidly distractable,' living her life under an in-congruent smattering of commitments and pseudo-logical nihilism.

She makes it a point to be strange, seeing social interaction as a game, as well as accepting that she's never been very good at it.  When she has to play nice, she prefers to lead with actions instead of words.  Those she truly befriends are usually strange on a similar level: at least they accept her eccentricies, even if they don't understand them.  Her strong empathic nature, rather than making friends easier, has given her an unpleasant habit of blurting out the truth.  Given all of this, and her inherent distrust of others, Inia simply chose the role of the outcast.  To simplify things.

She tends to enjoy being alone, meditating and amusing herself in the myriad ways she has found.  She is fond of gaudiness, of fine fabrics and over-done jewelry, sometimes dancing around the shore in a fortune's worth of silk just for fun.  She is a free-spirited lover, quietly aware that she is more comfortable with a form of expression that doesn't require her to put her foot in her mouth.  Well, in a literal sense, even then..  And while she has no talent for it, she loves music, and has a soft-spot for such artists.  She supports the rebellion in her small, indirect way, more concerned with people starving than with the looming visage of an ancient elementalist tyrant.  In truth, she would much rather live out her life quietly, away from all of this.

Biography:

Inia Evirna began life as the sixth of eight children.  Her father was a carpenter, living in a small village in the hills.  Her mother was a distant seeming woman that had moved from Inillys, a land across the seas to the northeast.  As such, Inia's family had somewhat exotic features and, by virtue of cultural stereotype, a wild streak of emotions.  Inia spent much of her childhood competing to be the loudest and most rambunctious among her siblings.  Inia also developed empathy early on, becoming attracted to her mother's repressed longing.  The two became very close, and her mother began to tell her stories of her homeland, of foreign cities and distant mountains.  Of stars and islands.  And especially of the ocean.  Her mother tried her hardest to capture the essence of the sea in her tales.  Long before Inia would ever see it for herself, she had fallen in love with the ocean.

Her village felt the burdens of the weakening earth.  When a blight came, her eldest brother borrowed from a short lifetime of childhood villainy, and began stealing what food remained in the village.  The villagers, starving and fearful, needed very little proof of this fact for the worst to happen.  Inia and her younger brother managed to flee before the angry mob arrived, but to her knowledge, the rest of her family was not so lucky.  Rocks, torches, and curses followed her from the only home she had known.

Inia took refuge in another village, employing herself wherever she could at the tender age of 9, trying to feed her brother.  Sickness, hunger, and exhaustion took their toll on them both, but Inia had her mother's blood, and was nothing if not stubborn.  She began to try to go east, bartering for passage on merchant caravans.  This went only so well, as the desperate and wicked had taken to the highways in those days, and what few caravans could travel were often preyed upon.  Their ride was ransacked, and they themselves were driven from the wagons to walk on foot.  It is worth telling that the two starving children walked straight into a  gang of highway men three days after this had happened.  Even the bandits, who had nothing to give them or gain from them, nodded with sympathy and waved them on.

Her brother succumbed to sickness and starvation on the journey.  Inia, exhausted to the core of her soul, was numb when she buried the last of her kin under a pile of leaves in a ditch.  Days later, a fisherman found her trying to scoop fish from a lake with a tree branch.  He offered her his home and began to teach her how to catch fish with a spear.  Inia healed, but she had changed from a spirited and strong-willed girl into a introverted, self-repressed young woman.  Months later, she decided to continue her journey to the east.  To the sea.  To Inillys.  To whatever hope her mother's far-away eyes had been watching when they lived in those desolate hills.

Her first sight of the ocean was the single greatest moment of her life.  More than simply the beauty and awe that her mother's masterful tales had so dimly captured, the sea was the catalyst that reopened her repressed grief and anguish.  Between her screams, her tears, going all the way to insanity and finding her way back, she came to an understanding about the nature of water itself.  One that would define her for the rest of her life.  She was 13.

She found surviving on the coast was easier by far than surving inland, and went spear fishing almost every day.  She found her way to a coastal village and began to start a new life.  Sailing, fishing, swimming, rope weaving: she learned everything anyone would teach her.  She was a strange girl, who animatedly talked about things that put people off, and she gained a reputation for being insightful to the point of irritation.  While she enjoyed being seen as strange, when her lonliness finally piqued, she bartered for passage to Inillys, where she hoped to escape this wretched country.

Inia found a talent for sailing: one that was not overlooked by the shipmates.  However, neither was her budding beauty.  She found her first lovers there on that voyage, allowing her free-spirited sexuality to surface, and found comfort in the sway of the ship and the spray of the waters.  She arrived in Inillys without too great an incident, and found the culture appealing, although alien.  Here, she sought out other members of her family, eventually finding her Aunt and Grandmother.  It was at their knee that she learned the nature of her mother, and of the Prophecy that would spell the end of the Queen.  While she learned much in this time, including some choice words in the native tongue and some healing arts, she knew she would eventually return to her home.  Another goodbye, another voyage: this one in which she was attacked.  A few months of being kept in chains, used and beaten, caused her to travel deep inside her own emotional spectrum.  This experience ended with a storm that prompted the marauders to free her to help them save themselves.  The ship's fate is unknown, but she admits fondly that the crew is now 'dead to the last man.'

When at last she returned, she was hardened.  A strange mystique surrounded her, as though she had come back truly as a foreigner, both literally and figuratively, to her now innocent seeming village.  She moved her home to a fair distance away, and began to practice spear and harpoon more intensely.  She lived there for many months, reintegrating with the village and mediating to sooth the trauma her ordeals.  Lovers slowly began to appear, attracted to the mystery of such a person.  She entertained them as she pleased.  But she was fickle with them, and gained a reputation of being a shrew.  There was only one that she actually fell for: a proud man attracted to the challenge she presented.  In time, she opened up to him, and vocalized her thoughts on the rebellion and its merit.  She suddenly found herself pointedly unwelcome in the village at large.  Ostracized once again, she began wandering the coast, contemplating the recurring facets of her life.

By accident, she learned that her youngest sister, Alicia, was actually alive far to the north.  With nowhere else to go, she took a trip to see her.  This was her first experience with ice and lingering snow: a new device in her world perception that echoed the events of her life since setting sail to Inillys.  While she was happy that her sister was alive, she quickly remembered that even as children, they had detested one another.  She also learned that her eldest brother had managed to live, but had chosen a path so disdainful that even Alicia, who was not exactly known for her virtue and piety, had parted ways with him.  Inia took to the south again, settling on some cliffs far from her former village.  Once done, she made up her mind to aid the rebellion.

Since that time, Inia has cultivated a routine of hoarding and supplying various goods from the oceans.  The most notable manifestation of this has been in the persona of "The Fish Lady," in which she will walk or ride around the area distributing food to starving areas, or to rebel gatherings.  Something of a local legend, she's even gained the friendship of local bandit groups, some who have come to respect her for the good she does, and other's who've come to respect in more.. animated fashions.  Inia has a small but quirky network between these rebel camps, local bandits, friendly towns, other fishers and growers, and even the odd seafarer.  She is distrustful of working too closely with them, and of course, they sometimes take issue with her social difficulty.  Her own home remains tightly secreted, as a precaution.  But even though she is good at catching, she often needs to trade to do what she does.  This has given her an unlikely capacity for determining market value and trading well.  She'll often end her "Fish Lady" journey at the farthest point inland she is willing to travel, trading salt and shell jewelry there for more food, or for the odd treat for herself.  In Danvemore, she's known as a salt merchant that will bargain steeply for colored silks.

Her support of the rebellion has been very indirect.  Inia fashions arrows, spears, and such at her home while drying fish.  She will sometimes smuggle these to rebel camps with her food wares, although keeping methods to prevent them from smelling like fish.  She occasionally is capable of getting her hands on more interesting armaments.  But while doing this, and occasionally killing Queen's Men when she can do so without consequence, Inia hasn't committed further.  A promise alone keeps her on this side of the ocean.

Appearance:

She is a lithe but toned woman with Inillysian features, including sharper facial angles and a slightly fairer skin-tone.  She has dark hair that falls in wavey tresses down her back, and typically wears a simple brown dress and hood, with a back-pack filled with wares, when on traveling.  That is, of course, unless she feels like dressing in her more colorful attire, in which case she dresses in flourishing skirts, low cut tops, and an absurd but somehow well met amount of shell jewelry.  She never wears clothes in the water.
  Her most important feature, however, are her eyes.  Luminous dark spheres, her eyes posses a piercing quality that can often be unnerving to the common observer.

(Credit to LoopyDave on DA)

Combat Information:

Weapon(s):

Fishing Spear: a simple rust-proof metal pike with a single set of prongs at the end.  Her favored weapon, she can strike with extreme precision, and can fight passably with it as a quarter staff in close proximity.
  Javelins / Harpoons: Inia is fond of keeping a set of four sharpened wooden staves on her when traveling.  She has exceptional aim with them, even though the wood isn't designed to pierce armor plating.  She can throw more force into a downward stroke, but is not as accurate throwing them at targets on higher ground.
  Knives:  She keeps two knives on her, one for cleaning fish, and the other for sharpening staves.  While they could be lethal against a bound target, she boasts no combat proficiency with them.
  Nets:  A newer item in her arsenal, she began using nets when she decided to start feeding the local area.  She sometimes carries a net inland with her, and fights with both net and spear.  While the combination makes her more dangerous, she is in fact a more formidable threat with only the spear at her disposal.
  Rope:  While not exactly a weapon, Inia is a fair hand with a knot, and is creative enough that she can set some ugly traps if she has a coil of this at hand.

Inia prefers to talk, or trade, instead of fight.  If killing does happen, her first attack will almost always be with a javelin.  She is an agile combatant, able to skip around an enemy and strike at key points.  If this is premeditated, or 'crystallized,' as she would say, her movements will be less energetic, using only the motion needed to dodge an attack and pin-point a fatal area.  If her home is threatened, she relies more on traps and pre-built weapon caches, trying to take the high ground and harry opponents. 

Ability/Skill(s): (Abilities applies to Elementals)

Skills:
  Empathy: She can feed on emotions around her, and even sense repressed emotions from others.  It's not psychic, merely an emotional receptivity. 
  Astronomy:  She is fairly good at reading the stars to navigate herself.
  Spear Fishing: Adept at all aspects of poking and prepping the bounty of the sea.
  Swimmer:  A powerful swimmer, even for a seaside town, Inia's muscle tone comes mostly from her forays into the ocean.
  Sailor's Knack:  She has a sense for how to sail a ship, including typing knots.
  Seasoned Traveler:  She's been around, enough to know her geography and the people thereby. 
  Basic Healing Arts:  Her Grandmother, a Inillysian medicine woman, gave her a brief but thorough instruction in anatomy, disease, and herbalism.  While Inia has had to improvise her methods to suit the indigenous flora and the looming blights, she can usually at least muddle her way into healing a person.
  Inillysian Tounge: More than simply knowing a few bits of the language, she can speak with a bardic flavor if given something she is excited about.
  Basic Carpentry:  Not all her abilities came from her mother's side.  The lady knows how to build a thing or two if she has to.
  Gaudy Crafting:  All work and no play makes Inia a sociopath.  If she can get her hands on some string and needles, she is more than capable of amusing herself with the baubles of the ocean and the fabrics she treats herself with.
  Peddler's Twinkle:  Inia will never be a true merchant: she's far too bad at smooth talking for that.  But she has gleaned a sense for value, for where and how to trade, and for finding the people for whom harsh truths can mean bargains. 

Strengths:

Home Surf Advantage:  While she is not a superhuman diver, Inia is more used to killing strokes in the water than she is on land.
  Athleticism and Accuracy:  She is very agile, on land or otherwise, and has good aim with her weapons.
  Mischief and Mayhem:  She has a quick mind for making the worst of a situation, if it suits her benefit.
  Those Inillysian Ladies:  Strong willed, stubborn and loud may be a stereo-type, but she does have it.
  Nail of the Empath:  While Inia is far from a conversationalist, she can have chilling way of making sense, which has made her some unlikely allies.
  Water is Life:  A perception she gained when she was 13, it has helped her make sense of the world and the events of her life.  Because of this, even in normally unbearable conditions, she is capable of keeping her willpower and wits about her. 

Weaknesses:

Distrustful: Inia is a little paranoid, keeping herself at a distance from those she talks to, and keeping herself largely secret from those she doesn't.
  Bloody Baggage:  There are still some places in her that haven't healed.  Her primary life motives are built on these fears and scars.  Until she get's over them, she won't be able to fully devote herself to the rebellion. 
  Social Failure:  Inia is "just weird."  Between her empathy, her bluntness, her wild emotions, and the light importance she places on social interaction, she is pretty shamefully bad at social situations.
  Greed over Need:  She rightly feels she is entitled to a few ostentatious comforts from time to time.  But since she doesn't really 'need' anything more than her own freedom by the water, she can be taken for a ride in the wrong deal. 

Sexual Information:

Sexual Nature:

Inia is bi-sexual.  She tends to lean towards males, but she is a free-spirited lover who likes that form of friendly.

Turn Ons & Offs:

Inia prefers sex in the elements, to the extent that she can get bored if the wind isn't at least blowing.
  While she can be blunt about offering, and is liberal about acquiescing, she enjoys a spontaneous, non-consensual soiree more.  Except in cases when she has to drop back into herself to stay resilient, she finds the element of struggle both fun and, with the right person, flattering. 
  She kindles rapidly if full body moisture is involved: water, sweat, or (her favorite) oils. 
  Even more so if others are watching. 
  And even more than that if said others join in. 
  Her empathy also allows her to experience an 'echo' of her partner's orgasm, making her very keen to being near to them any way she can. 
  Inia is submissive, gaining little from being in control.  But she sees no reason why being on the bottom means you can't fight back, either.
  She finds delight in humiliating situations, playfully obeying all but the most asinine of commands once the scene is established. 
  She loves sensations: ice, wax, scratches and stings.  She is even alright with bleeding, provided the partner knows what he is doing.

Despite having a nigh-mystical fascination with water, she is against water play.
  Or anything that properly belongs in the bathroom.
  Dismemberment is also not exactly a turn-on.
  Ruining her good silks will get you thrown to a shark.
  And, for her at least, costumes will add more humor to a situation than passion. 

Other Information:

That night when the mob of villagers killed her family, Alicia and her eldest brother escaped, partly by using Inia as a distraction.  She resents them for that.
  Her eldest brother has gone on to become a Professional Queen Serving Bad-Guy, such that even the amoral Alicia can't stand him.  Plot Noms!
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

Starlequin

You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

persephone325

I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Starlequin

Ooh, you in this one too, Perse? Goody! If Bosslady lets me in, I solemnly swear I won't try to feed you to an evil vampire this time. :D

persephone325

Quote from: Starlequin on October 25, 2013, 01:59:22 AM
Ooh, you in this one too, Perse? Goody! If Bosslady lets me in, I solemnly swear I won't try to feed you to an evil vampire this time. :D

XD XD I'll have you know, I hold no grudges against you for that... >.> *giggles*
I don't know.

bubby

Quote from: Starlequin on October 25, 2013, 01:50:46 AM
*pokes head in*
Got room for another'n?

.....um....

DUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Get yer sweet butt into my Game mister!!!!!!!

bubby

Quote from: persephone325 on October 24, 2013, 04:59:54 PM
Sorry I haven't gotten my character in yet. RL suddenly got very chaotic.

It happens hun. Things keep happening with me too, keeping me from doing things I need to here, and I'm supposedly the GM!  ::) So no worries. We will get this game off the ground!  ;D

AND IT WILL BE EPIC!!!!

persephone325

Quote from: bubby on October 25, 2013, 02:44:24 AM
It happens hun. Things keep happening with me too, keeping me from doing things I need to here, and I'm supposedly the GM!  ::) So no worries. We will get this game off the ground!  ;D

AND IT WILL BE EPIC!!!!

^^ Nevertheless, I thank you for being patient with me. <3
I don't know.

bubby

Quote from: persephone325 on October 25, 2013, 02:46:01 AM
^^ Nevertheless, I thank you for being patient with me. <3

*Smooches* You're very welcome darlin'.  :-*

bubby

GM ANNOUNCEMENT: So here's what I feel we need.

1) I really think we need a Rebel Leader, or someone at the very least that is a 'go to' guy for them. STARLEQUIN? or CYRANO?

2) I think we should have at least two Rebel Hunters, think Knights or Paladins. STARLEQUINNNN??

Now if any who are currently Rebels or Mentors, would like to also take on one of these roles, as in merge the idea in with their current char, that would be fine. Otherwise, SPREAD THE WORD PEOPLE!

Starlequin

Hrm, I was just thinking about bringing back dear old... uh... what's-his-name...aww, great. Where did I put that sunnuvabitch... *rummages through a bunch of junk* crap, I think he was on my old computer... Oh, well. Guess I can rebuild him. Maybe this time I can get him a decent horse...

ANYWAY! I'd be down for playing a Rebel Leader if need be. Of course, we'll have to see how long he'll last until the others get pissed enough at him to stake him out for the Hunters. 8-) Now to go dig up the new CS.

Ninja Edit: Roman! That was his name! Good ol' Roman... um... something...dammit.