News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Teen Titans/Young Justice Rebirth

Started by Vaulera, April 28, 2013, 07:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaulera

Hello fellow folks of Elliquiy, and presumedly fans of D.C. or Teen Titans! As you may have surmised from the subject of this entry, I am looking to put together a roleplay about the Teen Titans, or just the Titans! This would not be the first roleplay involving superheroes I have done, nor even one about the Titans. The content of the roleplay, although predictable, is variable, depending on which members of the titans are involved. The plan is to have six heroes (myself included) playing as a member of the crime-fighting organization a few years after the small comic series "GO!" was set. My inspiration for this roleplay came from a few different places. Primarily, however, was the launch of the new D.C. game injustice, including a number of the titans themselves, which made me re-watch the cartoon itself (however cheesy and awful!) Though I do have plans regarding the actual plot itself, I would want a co-GM before actually executing anything. For those of you wondering about choice of characters in the roleplay, I don't want to limit it, but I unless you have a brilliant Original Character, an existing one would be preferred. Though I imagine the selection of characters for the people in particular would be limited to the more popular ones, such as Titans east, Kid Flash and of course the original five, if you send or post a request to me detailing a more obscure character, I would be happy to oblige! Now, as it were, I would like an even gender balance, so I will be looking for 2 female character roles and 3 male character roles, regardless of gender actually playing the character. The reason for only seeking 2 is because I include myself among the players as most GMs, playing Jinx (unless change is necessary). For specifics in content, I would imagine that it would remain on the lighter side of things, but just to be very incase, I would put it as NC, so that if a pairing or whatever wants to get more intense that it wouldn't upset anyone. For any questions, comments or concerns, PM me or post here, and if you're looking to involve yourself as a player, please don't hesitate to post here as the gender role you would like (along with the character, if you have already decided or not, up to you). I won't make any guarantees about the spot until I have created a character template or I know you and have roleplayed with you personally! With all of this said, it's been a while since I've GMed a game, so if i've goofed something, then please do inform me via PM! Thank you, and good day.

apygoos

Question: would Dick be Robin, or Nightwing in this series?

Vaulera

Depending on preference I suppose. With the number of parallel, alternate or elsewhere universes, it could be either.

apygoos

well the question really just becomes how old are they? I have no problem with playing Robin, but Nightwing is my fanboy softspot. if theyre ~ 18ish Robin could very easily become Nightwing in this universe we create. hell that could even be a plot device.

Vaulera

Yeah, seeing as the GO! comic was around 15/16, I think 18/19 is quite a likely age for them to be at. The actual content of the roleplay would be a mixture of their teenage antics in the tower, around the town and fighting villainy. Were there to be a main villain, it would likely be deathstroke or some other minor villainous organisation, like titans east (later on).

apygoos

either way i think you can safely mark me as intersted for "Dick Grayson". Id be happy to help the RP in any way i can.

Vaulera

Yeah, for sure! I think i've done a number of roleplays with you before Apygoos.

Mysterica

While I must admit my lack of knowledge of the DC universe, I would be quite interested in taking on the role of Raven if it is acceptable.  I have always had quite the soft spot for Raven since first I began to watch the TV show.  I am going to read up on the original comic within the next week or so so I can get to know the real raven, so I can play either version, or of course my own interpretation of her which may wind up being a little bit of a combination of the two.

Vaulera

Okay! I would love to have Raven in, as she is one of my favourites as well. The thing about her is, her whole three stages of life thing is awfully complex when trying to figure out just how to include her destiny, etc. but for the sake of simplicity while keeping it canonical, we will say she is in the second stage (i.e. free from her father's influence.) This doesn't have to affect her appearance, but if you want to have her wearing a white cloak, it's still fine.

Vaulera

Okey dokey, so after thinking on it a while, I've come to the conclusion that I really would like some of these character roles to be filled by applicants! (Ones already applied don't matter, they're already included, etc.) These aren't necessary, but would fill the whole "Teen Titan" role so much better than perhaps some OC or other canon characters, such as converted villains.

Beastboy
Cyborg
Aqualad
Kid Flash
Terra
Starfire
Argent

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Vaulera

I would be willing to have superboy in the rp, with a couple adjustments, nothing too major.

Mysterica

Fair warning, I am just now starting to read the comics for this game, so it will take some time to catch up to Raven being where you said.  If someone would just give me a good idea of where to start at I will be on it.

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Vaulera

Perhaps slightly less powerful, just to keep things relatively even. I'm not opposed to the idea of him being able to kinesis things that are super, duper heavy or large, but the durability and hyper-resistance needs to be toned down. Not to regular human levels, but so that if he gets a sneak attack stab in the back from someone's powers, he wouldn't brush it off super-style. By the way, Mysterica, you don't need to know all of what she has done, but you need to know her powers, personality and a bit of her history, so that what I said about the three stages of life makes sense to you.

Mysterica

Well in that case do you think you could pm me what I should know when you have time to do so keeping in mind that my only real knowledge of her comes from the cartoon network show?

El Maligno

Hello I was wondering if Aqualad has been taken up. I am interested in this teen titan role play. I know a bit about the Titans and the D.C Universe more than a bit i guess but let me know what you need from me.

Vaulera

No, he certainly hasn't! I don't plan on making this too serious, but it all depends on the dynamic of the players, as group roleplays always do. So, that's our second male slot, if i'm correct. Just two more slots left, one male, one female. I will definitely shoot you a message Mysterica, we can go over what you might need!

El Maligno

Great then I will gladly play him though I may tweak him a bit maybe make him a bit like the one in the teen titans cartoon series and a bit of the young justice Aqualad. Either way if it is ok I would like to mix them a little to create an Aqualad that is a bit both. I sent Mysterica a little about Raven not too much and its just from the internet I wanted Raven to be her own so I didn't overwhelm her with too much I hope.

Vaulera

Okay, yes, I actually prefer the appearances of Raven and Aqualad in the cartoon series, very well done. The long black hair contrasts very well with Aquaman's short blonde. Feel free to play with the appearances as you like. For example, I'm playing Jinx, so I will almost certainly be using the cartoon version, the comic book version looking just plain weird (Bald trinidadian woman with tattoos). By the way, I'm now just going to start locking down character roles, I didn't gather huge waves of interest, so i'm going to start making promises in the form of a list.

Male Roles:
Dick Grayson (Nightwing or Robin): apygoos
Aqualad: El Maligno
(Free)

Female Roles:
Jinx: Vaulera
Raven: Mysterica
(Free)

El Maligno

Yes i was thinking an older version of Aqualad from the cartoon series same suit maybe but I was going to add the tattoos that run across his back and along his arms and glow a bright blue when using his powers (from the young justice one) just whenever he doesn't have his suit on or maybe it even shines through his suit maybe keep the stealth tech thing and the water bearers. In fact he will be the Aqualad from the cartoon series with a few details from the aqualad in young justice. I like that Aqualad from the cartoon series is competitive, especially with Beast Boy, and is confident that he can accomplish whatever he sets his mind to. And he doesn't seem to notice his good look maybe even have him become rivals if someone chooses beast boy, especially if Aqualad is hoping to win Raven's heart i think that could make things interesting.

That is if Mysterica does not mind since Raven is her character.

Also one question Aqualad had superhuman level Strength, Endurance, Durability, Agility, Reflexes, and Senses
even on dry land though he is at his strongest underwater. I am assuming that when we RP I tone it down enough like Superboy would? Though I know he is not as strong as Superboy when Aqualad gets older he can do stuff like lift things that weigh 8 tons and that is on dry land its kinda crazy.

Vaulera

Again, appearances, etc. I will leave to you, so long as they end up strongly resembling an iteration of their selves from some point. Now, when you're talking about superhuman attributes like that and how it may not be fair or balanced, we must keep in mind that the D.C. universe does not run on science. The fighting part, whether saving or in combat, would centre around other meta-humans. So, it becomes at what point do things get silly. I think that for the sake of this roleplay, moving a truck with full exertion wouldn't be unreasonable, especially considering that Aqualad's powers would pertain much more heavily to actually being in the water. That being said, if strength, endurance and agility is the focus of your character's powers, it should have a greater bearing upon ability. Even in the cartoons, where the younger and weaker titans were working, they would tear up entire blocks, send 16-tonne trucks spiralling into the air and generally wrecking things. So to summarize, we will do it in true D.C. fashion: As strong or weak as the plot needs you to be. I trust your discretion. If I see something like Aqualad flexing so hard it upsets the tilt of the earth, I'm going to be upset and I would hope understandably so, but the beauty of forum posts is that I just send you a message and we change it.

Mysterica

Well, while I personally am only interested in the ladies, 1). While playing Raven I will need to keep emotions suppressed anyways,  so I have no problem there and 2). So long as you aren't planning on having any sexy times in game with my Raven I have no problem plying the part of a straight girl, or at least one who seems to care little about the sex of others.

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Daoine Sidhe

I am interested.  Wish do you want more: Terra or Starfire?
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]
Entice Me (O/O) | Engage Me (RPs) | Find Me (A/A) | Play with Me (Ideas)
Actively seeking good RP partners.

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]