A World of Leagues

Started by Jag, January 16, 2010, 01:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag

A World of Leagues

First off I would like to say that me and group games are usually a BIG no-no. But Remiel stroked my imagination in PMing me for a steampunk game (possibly a group game). At first I rejected the idea, but as I was reading League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Black Dossier, I got an idea.

The original idea involved a number of Leagues from the series, but we broke it down to basically being two groups. The American League and the Murray Mark II Group from England. After a while the English League died out and now we're just running an American group. No knowledge of the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is required for this game.

Now that I have that out of the way...we can move on.

Our story will take place around 1912 in the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Universe.

The American League will be made of all Original Characters/Literary Characters. My next post will be for which characters are open and which are closed. The post after that will detail how the posting for the game will actually be set up with so many characters.

Currently:

The League is at the Kane Mansion and preparing to leave for the South the next morning to start their search for the shapeshifter/body swapper.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Jag

Character Slots!!

Original Character - Callie  - Selene Kane-Waite
Original Character - Doktor - Jack
Original Character - Michi - Abigale
Original Character - Nos - Tarzan
Original Character - Open

***Some options posted by Callie for some American League people:

1. A somewhat older Tom Sawyer from the movie.
2. Those mad flying men The Wright Brothers..
3. The Mad Scientist Nikolai Tesla
4. Wyatt Earp (a more 'steampunk/legendary take on him )
5. Harry Houdini (Escape artist/spy)
6. Kwai Chang Caine (from the old Kung Fu series..)
7. Calamity Jane
8. Billy the Kid (or some other 'reformed outlaw)

You can make a completely new character or pick one of those and build on it. ^__^

Jag

Threads!

OOC - This is the OOC thread...>.>
Character Profiles
American Thread

Jag

Jag

Callie Del Noire

Interested.. was going to try for Orlando till I reread him in Black Dossier..

Might have to dip into some literature for an idea or two..

Most likely an american. :D

Jag

Daw...no love for Orlando? >.<

What's wrong with him in Black Dossier? Other than being unable to tell if he's male or female from how it's drawn in 3-D even though they tell you s/he is supposed to be female at that time. >.> Yes, I have my own issues with Black Dossier...mostly the Blazing World part.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on January 16, 2010, 01:37:55 PM
Daw...no love for Orlando? >.<

What's wrong with him in Black Dossier? Other than being unable to tell if he's male or female from how it's drawn in 3-D even though they tell you s/he is supposed to be female at that time. >.> Yes, I have my own issues with Black Dossier...mostly the Blazing World part.

He just.. didn't click with the Orlando in the original book. (I'm tooling around with something 'in tune' with his 'knack')  Selene Waite of New England... having to dive into my Lovecraft a bit.

Jag

He does seem a bit...off...but I thought it was alright. In the Century 1910 League book he wasn't that bad...get's blown out of a room by a satanist, though that doesn't phase him too much.

If you want to be one of the Americans or a new comer to one of the other groups, go for it. Just let me know.

Callie Del Noire

Thinking of Miss Waite as a decendant of both Ephraim Waite and Solomon Kane. (Movie version of Solomon looks to be nasty).. Going for a 'Lurker at the Door' twist to.. figure she's the American's 'occultist'

Jag

If I remember, Mina and Allen Jr. go to Arkham, Mass at one point write back to Bond about the strangeness of the place. They could of met your character there. That way it connects the American and the English League some how down the line...?

Callie Del Noire

A World of Leagues Character Concept 

Character Name: Selene Kane-Waite (Formerly Jacob Kane)
League:American
Played by: Callie Del Noire
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 127 lbs.

Description: A tanned well toned woman given to 'outrageous' choices in wardrobe. Typically she wears her hair lose (and more than a bit wild) and is usually dirty from working on something or another in a lab, fighting something or working on some new device and/or weapon.

When she wishes to, she can clean up nicely and plays the 'gentlewoman' but typically even when 'suitably' attired and 'in role' she has several weapons, devices, and/or spells on hand. Given her access to the Kane estate she has more money than she would typically need and can outfit herself to fit any 'role' her needs require.

Character Summary: Born to the name and destiny of the Solomon Kane family name, Jacob found his family name had earned hm the interest of a rogue sorcerer by the name of Ephraim Waite. Waite had been a rival of Jacob's great grandfather, under an entirely different name and identity, and had found out that one of his lost grimoires were part of the family estates. Using the form of a young heiress of his family, Ephraim used his wiles, young form and magics to sneak into the family's good graces.  Using magics to first beguile Jacob, the sole surviving direct male descendant of Solomon Kane, he stole Jacob's form and left him near death in the poisoned form of the newly adopted 'Selene'.  While able to recover his lost grimoires, Ephraim wasn't able to do more than that before the family matriarch realized what had happened and drove the sorcerer from the family estates in New York state.
Now stuck in the youthful form of a six year old girl, Jacob was nursed back to health and turned her energies to finding the sorcerer to extract revenge after her own form was found discarded in a Baltimore gutter. As Jacob's 'black sheep' child, she grew up under the tutelage of the family scholars and at the hands of some of the best swordsman and gunslingers of the era.
Now a reknown scholar, adventuress and to the few in the know a sorceress of no small skill herself, Selene has stepped out of the shadows that the Kane family lurk in to fight those that endanger the land and her country.

Personality: As abrasive and sarcastic as she had been as Jacob, Selene is fully aware that she walks a dark road that could lead to a very real damnation for her soul. The family records speak of the road her great grandfather Solomon Kane walked and how it nearly damned him several times. She sometimes feels that she had wasted her 'old life' as a scholar in the family tradition and is quite eager to show the world that a 'mere' woman can match wits with men and win. As a result, she occasionally steps into things before thinking them through or realizing what she might be starting unneeded battles and fights.
Once she lets another past her sarcastic outer shell, they will find an intelligent woman looking for a purpose in life.
Equipment
The Staff of Solomon: A staff of wood with the head of a cat carved at one end and a sharp point at the other, covered with with ancient hieroglyphics and made of a wood long since lost to the history of time. It is one of the most powerful relics in the family's collection and she is one of the few that can use it. While she is just now learning of it's mystic might, there is yet to be any creature it could not harm.

Pistols: Courtesy of a family friend, John M. Browing, Selene typically carries a pair of M1911 .45 acp pistols that she wears under a jacket in a new 'harness' that allows her to carry them without too much notice. She is a good shot and when home constantly practices with the new guns.

Bowie Knife: A Silvered blade modeled on the classic Bowie knife.

Various 'devices': A consummate scholar and 'dabbler' in both science and the occult, Selene has on occasion used a variety of alchemical, clockwork and chemical tools and devices in her pursuit of Ephraim and her duties for the League.

Magic: Though still learning the 'dark arts' she has broken with the Kane family tradition to study only to know what to face, Selene has mastered a few spells and is constantly looking for more knowledge of the occult to add to the impressive Kane collection. She has some skill at inducing trances and sleep.

<Pending GM approval and additions of course>

Jag

Looks good to me, Callie. More detailed than I was expecting or that I'm used to. :P

I think my walls-of-text might be scaring people off...>.>

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on January 16, 2010, 04:55:09 PM
Looks good to me, Callie. More detailed than I was expecting or that I'm used to. :P

I think my walls-of-text might be scaring people off...>.>

Was leaning towards this sort of type for a Cthlhu-style game..but it didn't mesh as well as the League idea did. :D

And the games seem to be dying off right now.. so I"m VERY bored and with too much time on my hands.

Jag

I'm just trying to decide what Forum to post this in...it's not Light...I'm thinking Extreme just to cover all bases...

Carlissa

"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Jag

I'm thinking it wouldn't. Depends on the situation and the other players.

What did you have in mind?

Carlissa

Well, she would be rather young...the original idea was mid to late teens.
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Jag

I don't really see that working out too well. Most League members are 30-3,000 years old (even in appearance). Romantic, intimate relationships aren't bound to pop up. They'd mostly be passionate encounters or even rape. Pregnancy is possible for any female characters (with a few minor exceptions), but I don't see many of the male members targeting teens for recruitment or as bedroom partners.

Callie Del Noire

Some suggestions for the American League...

1. A somewhat older Tom Sawyer from the movie.
2. Those mad flying men The Wright Brothers..
3. The Mad Scientist Nikolai Tesla
4. Wyatt Earp (a more 'steampunk/legendary take on him )
5. Harry Houdini (Escape artist/spy)

Jag

Ah...good idea...I'll add those to the list in case anyone doesn't want to be a complete original character.

Thanks. ^^

Callie Del Noire

Other folks could include
-Kwai Chang Caine (from the old Kung Fu series..) or a bastard son of the vile and evil Fu Man Chu
-Calamity Jane
-Billy the Kid (or some other 'reformed outlaw)

Jag

Wow...I just spent like 20 minutes doing math to figure out how old Mina would be in 1912. She would be 38. >.< Give or take a few months because I could only work it down to the year she was born.

I will add those as well to the list of options, Callie. ^^ I don't know many American people that would fit into a League type group...so yeah. :P

EDIT: Though wouldn't the evil son of Fu Man Chu be in England? That's who the Devil Doctor in the first volume is supposed to be. *geek showing through*

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on January 16, 2010, 05:34:23 PM
Wow...I just spent like 20 minutes doing math to figure out how old Mina would be in 1912. She would be 38. >.< Give or take a few months because I could only work it down to the year she was born.

I will add those as well to the list of options, Callie. ^^ I don't know many American people that would fit into a League type group...so yeah. :P

EDIT: Though wouldn't the evil son of Fu Man Chu be in England? That's who the Devil Doctor in the first volume is supposed to be. *geek showing through*

Tossing out extra ideas.. you would have to look into things like 'pulp fiction' and the 1910s area  gap.. you don't have the folks that Twain and Poe wrote about and the stuff by Lovecraft and his buddies aren't quite here yet.. (Though I stole Ephraim Waite from Lovecraft.. he's a body stealer.. easy to have him hop in, and wander off to some corrupt section of his family...)

Other folks like oh.. Tom Swift, I'm not sure when they first started playing around.. (Ditto Doc Savage who is more of a 30-40s guy)

Jag

I'm sure we got plenty for people to choose from (since they also have the option of creating a whole character). We shouldn't have to worry about it. ^__^ Thanks for all of the options though.

I've PMed a few people that I think might be interested. None of them are online right now. I'd really like for this to take off. I just hope my overdoingit-geek research hasn't killed anyone's interest.

Callie Del Noire

Or my 'geeking-tude' as well. :D

I liked the whole 'characters from fiction/history' bit of the League setting as well.

I just tossed out some options for folks who were looking for one. :D

Jag

My husband says I have a sick obsession with the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. *giggles*

I too like the idea of Literary Characters (fictional or real) in that type of Steampunk/everything goes kind of setting. It makes for some very interesting stories.

Callie Del Noire

It's an interesting idea..and you got to admit the first book pretty much made it steampunk. :D

Jag

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on January 16, 2010, 05:51:58 PM
Nemo made it steampunk. :P

Silly science pirate.

Little things like Hyde, the Invisble Man, the CHUNNEL in the 1890s, the mysterious 'lift alloy' didn't hurt either

Jag

I never really saw Hyde as steampunk. He was just pure emotion and muscle. Once he took over their body it kind of lost it's steampunk perception since it was no longer a dual body/personality situation...Hyde became a just some big man that wanted to beat up aliens after that. >.<

Though yes the airship, Hawley, CHUNNEL, the cavorite did help.

Jag

Gah...finished finally...

Name: Wilhelmina 'Mina' Murray (formerly Wilhelmina Harker)
League: English
Played By: Michi No Sora
Age: 38 (doesn't appear to be older than 27 for some reason though).
Height: 5'5''
Weight: 120 lbs.

Description: Being of a rather short stature she is usually underestimated. Her slender figure and milk white skin make her seem like the perfect target for a raping. Her long dark, brown hair is usually pulled back in a tight up-do. Her clothing is always top of the line and very lady like. She would never be caught without her lipstick on or her hair in perfect order. Her common outfit is a simple, white, button up shirt with slightly puffed sleeves. A dark colored vest of some sort can be found over that. Under the shirt is normally a corset of some sort to help give her that figure every woman wants these days. A long black skirt and a simple hat would normally complete the outfit for the average woman.

Mina is far from the average woman though. Around her neck, year round no matter the season or temperature, can be found a very tightly wrapped red scarf that nearly hangs to the ground down her chest and back. Most find it silly or unseemly, but then when they realize whom she is they brush it off because she is a disgrace as it is.

When needed Mina can undress. She can make herself a whore easily and flaunt her lovely body when needed. Though the scarf is never unwrapped from her neck. Men have joked that they bet she sleeps with it on. One man can attest to that in saying that sometimes she does. Very few know the reason for her scarf, but she become rather defensive when pressed about it.

Character Biography: Wilhelmina Murray was born in 1874 to a well class family of England. No one could ever guess what would happen to the bright, green eyed girl. She was raised as any proper woman of class in England in the 1800s should of been. Nothing was odd about her except her choice in husband.

Many felt that Mina could do better than Mr. Jonathan Harker, but that didn't stop the marriage. They seemed happy till Jonathan got mixed up with some professor named Van Helsing. Rumors of the men 'sharing' Mina floated around and finally the three made their way to Transylvania to investigate some strange man that was causing issues there. Few know what happened there, but all know that only three months after their return the couple were divorced and Mina did the most horrible thing of taking back her maiden name of Murray.

Those that do know what happened know that the young, lovely Mina was seduced by this crazed man they went to investigate. She gave her body and blood to him. Even her claiming that she didn't do it by choice was not enough for Jonathan once she had been rescued by the monster's fangs. The divorce is said to be the reason for her change in personality. In becoming the overly strict, over bearing, cross, and cold woman she is today. Some say that Jonathan didn't even save her, that she managed to break the 'spell' herself and that brought about a realization that she didn't need someone to take care of her. There in causing her to become one of 'those women' as some put it.

Not too many years later she was contacted by the English government and offered a large sum of money to front a League of extraordinary people. The group consisted of the estranged Captain Nemo, famous Allen Quatermain, the paranoid Dr. Henry Jekyll, and the mad Hawley Griffin. While collecting these members they unwittingly picked up one by mistake. Instead of ending up with the skittish Dr. Jekyll they were also stuck with his brutish counterpart Mr. Edward Hyde.

Over the course of just two years Mina lead the group against the Devil Doctor and Professor M's assault on England in their own personal war as well as defeat a group of Martians from Mars that had the intent on killing off humanity for whatever reason. Sadly, there were many deaths along the way that only hardened the young woman, but a love affair in Africa with Mr. Quatermain finally broke past her cold heart.

Even more sadly her lover died in 1901 while they were searching for a Fountain of Youth in Africa. They found the pool, but reported it a hoax and Mina even listed it as the reason for Allen's death. She managed to find Allen's lost son (Allen Jr.) and took him as her new travel companion. Not long after, Mina and Allen were assigned to a new League.

Some of the other new League members say that they sleep together with the odd creature Orlando, but there is no confirmation of this. The three just seem to be at odds with each other most of the time.

Personality: Mina doesn't like to let people into her life easily. First to break through after her ordeal with Dracula was Edward Hyde. He spoke privately with her to let her know that he didn't want to kill her and that in the whole world she was the only person he did not hate. This caused mixed feelings in her heart. Allen was the second to break through and the only one to stay.

While in Africa Allen came to realize that her cold, cross, even bitchy attitude was not a front; but there was more to her. Allen became her only love and one of the only people in the world to see her vulnerable side.

To all others she is still the proud, demanding, commanding, harsh, snappy, bitchy woman she has always been.

Equipment: None regularly. She uses what is handed to her most of the time.

EDIT: Daw crap...I just realized I have to do one of these for like every cannon character. *cries*

Callie Del Noire

There there... why not just wait and see who wants whom..then fill out those Leagues..and you can do the rest as they come up in play.

Jag

I guess that would be the smart thing to do...*didn't think of that*

I'm brain dead today.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on January 16, 2010, 06:31:12 PM
I guess that would be the smart thing to do...*didn't think of that*

I'm brain dead today.

S'all right.. as much as I want to game.. I don't want to burn out my GM first day. :D

Remiel

Good gravy! You work fast.  I'm afraid it's going to take my brain some time to get up to gear... *twitch*

Will probably play an original character. I'm thinking...a steampunk mechanic, or engineer.  Who would, of course, have mutton chops.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Remiel on January 16, 2010, 06:55:46 PM
Good gravy! You work fast.  I'm afraid it's going to take my brain some time to get up to gear... *twitch*

Will probably play an original character. I'm thinking...a steampunk mechanic, or engineer.  Who would, of course, have mutton chops.

What can I say? I'm a bad influence. :D But Selene would LOVE someone to make gizmos for her.. Clockwork Grenades and such..

Jag

Quote from: Remiel on January 16, 2010, 06:55:46 PM

Of course I work fast. ^__^ When I'm inspired of course. I'm no amateur. :P

though far from an expert.

Transgirlenstein

You forgot to mention the part where Orlando, Alan and Mina do bad and naughty things together :P

I'm yoinking Orlando...

*yoink*
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Transgirlenstein on January 16, 2010, 08:11:10 PM
You forgot to mention the part where Orlando, Alan and Mina do bad and naughty things together :P

I'm yoinking Orlando...

*yoink*

Shhh.. not supposed to let that kitten out of the bag!

<curious to see how she plays Orlando>

<even more curious to see how Orlando handles Selene. "I remember a Solomon Kane.. we were drinking buddies>

Transgirlenstein

Well it is implied that both the male Orlando and the female Orlando have slightly different personalities.  For example, male Orlando is a self absorbed twat.  Female Orlando seems a bit more submissive, willing to please and probaly more level headed.

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Transgirlenstein on January 16, 2010, 08:15:07 PM
Well it is implied that both the male Orlando and the female Orlando have slightly different personalities.  For example, male Orlando is a self absorbed twat.  Female Orlando seems a bit more submissive, willing to please and probaly more level headed.

The 'guy' in the book didn't seem that bad..the 'guy Orlando' in the Black Dossier seemed a definite 'Twat'. Hence my decision to dip into some Lovecraft/Kane stories for inspiration. :D

Jag

Orlando is now taken by Tripp.

I'll set you up a basic profile and you can add to it and remove from it as you please. ^__^ I'll try to find a good picture, though if you can find one that you like we can use that one.

*snugs Trippy*

I thought the male Orlando was kinda funny in 1910. He ticks Mina off so much that she yells in public to him and Allen, "You two can just share the double bed without me tonight!"

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on January 16, 2010, 10:39:15 PM

I thought the male Orlando was kinda funny in 1910. He ticks Mina off so much that she yells in public to him and Allen, "You two can just share the double bed without me tonight!"

Hmmm.. goes dig up the book again. Defintitely need to reread it tonight.

Jag

*has it on hand...flips through it to find the quote* Damn the lack of page numbers...

It's after Nemo's daughter fires the flare...she actually says, "Oh! That is the absolute limit! Listen, you can have the double bed to yourselves tonight! I'm sleeping downstairs!"

Allan whispers, "Mina! Don't tell the neighborhood..."

Mina, "Oh, shut up! I'll be at MacHeath's execution."

EDIT:

*check's pulse*

Yup...my heart beat is defiantly spelling out dork in morris code...

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on January 16, 2010, 10:46:44 PM
*has it on hand...flips through it to find the quote* Damn the lack of page numbers...

It's after Nemo's daughter fires the flare...she actually says, "Oh! That is the absolute limit! Listen, you can have the double bed to yourselves tonight! I'm sleeping downstairs!"

Allan whispers, "Mina! Don't tell the neighborhood..."

Mina, "Oh, shut up! I'll be at MacHeath's execution."

Cute!

(on a side note.. found some stuff of Keria Knightly from the Duchess for Selene's 'public appearances')

Jag

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 16, 2010, 10:49:57 PM
(on a side note.. found some stuff of Keria Knightly from the Duchess for Selene's 'public appearances')

Do share. ^^

Remiel

I'm liking the idea. I just hope that prospective players don't feel intimidated if they don't have you guys' broad LXG knowledge.

I know I do...

sinera

Yes - intimidated is definitely the word...

Would be interesting to see perhaps Ben Franklin or Thomas Edison. I was originally thinking Amelia Earhardt (just watched Night at the Museum: Smithsonian and LOVE that girl's spunk!), but she'd only be 13 in 1910...

I'll muse this one over - not sure I would be a fit, since I don't know much about the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Jag

That's why I put the original characters in. So if someone likes the idea, but feels intimidated by not knowing enough about the cannon characters they can still play.

It's not really knowing about the characters that's important. After all, it's a fantasy game. Learning the basics of a character is easy when you have the internet (that's why I provided a lot of resource links).

And the German and French Leagues don't really have much to them. They were just excerpts in the Black Dossier. Really, a person could do nearly whatever they wanted with those cannon characters. Except Fantômas...he really is a bastard and needs a very open minded person to play him. He's rather mean and supposed to be the only person in the world that scares the hell out of Mina.

I do have a person in mind to play Fantômas, just not sure he'd want to play a group game. >.>

Sinera, if you really want to play Amelia Earhardt, I think we can over look the fact that she'd only be 15 in 1912. It's just a matter of changing some dates around and boom, she's 25-30 in 1912. >.< Instead of being born in 1897, we can say she was born in 1882 and that would make her 30 in 1912.

Transgirlenstein

*snugs Michi*

Yes Orlando is rather open sexually.  Near the end, we find out Orlando was O in 'The Story of O' and Alan was her Master, so those two get up to some kinky things.

For the Fantomas, keep in mind too that his identity was always a mysterious..so the Fantomas could be anyone, even a her ;)

Jag

Gah...Orlando's history is too long. I don't want to type all that out...V_V

*is going to shorten it as much as I can without leaving out big details*

Callie Del Noire

LOL.. MIght I suggestion you link the wiki entry to the Orlando Entry.. LOL

Looking on in shock as I find most of the European Leauge's books free/cheap on the kindle store.

The Extraordinary Adventures of Arsene Lupin, Gentleman-Burglar 0.00
Raffles Collection (The collected stories of A. J. Raffles. Four books in one volume!) 0.99
The Moonstone 0.00
Fantromas 1.00
Carnacki, the Ghost Finder 0.00

So I'm expanding my pulp collection out of this at least.

Jag

I, sadly, haven't read those ones...but I am working on it. I've only read Volume 1, 2, Black Dossiser, and 1910 so far.

Good to know they are so cheap on the kindle store though...will make it easier for me to get later on. >.>

Yes...linking the Wiki or just copying it will work much better than typing it out.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on January 17, 2010, 08:21:14 AM
I, sadly, haven't read those ones...but I am working on it. I've only read Volume 1, 2, Black Dossiser, and 1910 so far.

Good to know they are so cheap on the kindle store though...will make it easier for me to get later on. >.>

Yes...linking the Wiki or just copying it will work much better than typing it out.

Glances over Callie's Amazon Kindle list.. at this point.. I have something over 300 books on it.. Lovecraft, Doyle, Poe, and so on.

Jag

Jag

Orlando is done:

Name: Orlando (Currently)
Played by: Transgirlenstein
Height: 5'9''
Weight: Unknown
Description: Varies...Currently he is sporting a short hair cut and his hair appears to be blond now. The easiest way to describe the seemingly ageless man is 'Dandy'. He's handsome, slender, and many comment on his lovely green eyes. Due to his gender changing he seems to always keep an air of femininity about him. There isn't much one can say on Orlando's appearances other than his constant good looks and boyish charms. It is his history that is more well known and talked about than his looks.
Character Biography:Orlando was born in Thebes of 1260 BC as Bio, daughter of the blind seer Tiresias, once cursed to transform into a woman for seven years. Tiresias had passed his gift of prophecy to his older daughter Manto, who would go on to be an Oracle of Delphi, while Bio inherited his omnisexuality that manifested itself at the age of ten when she transformed into a boy. Out of shame, Tiresias sold his son to pirate slavers bound for Egypt, where he became a favourite of Ramses.

Nine years later, having aged beyond the pharaoh's tastes, Orlando joined an expedition bound for the horn of Africa, where as soon as they docked, he transformed back into a woman. Fearing what might become of her among her crewmates, she fled into the jungle and wandered for weeks, eventually stumbling into the city of Kor in Uganda, where she found a mystical pool of lapid, liquid flame in which she bathed and emerged an Immortal.

After spending several decades in a community of immortals who had bathed in the pool of flame, Bion, as he would be known as a man, went to defend Troy. It was there that he met Aeneas, who he would join in for eighty years, eventually leaving with his great-grandson, Brutus, to travel at the behest of the goddess Diana to a northern isle where he would found a mighty nation. Bion, Brutus and their companions would spend a decade culling the land they called Brutain's population, which consisted of a grotesque race of giants.

Bored and a female once again, Bio traveled the world, becoming a handmaiden of King Mu of China, as well as a lover to the Immortal Royal Mother of the West. Renamed Vita as a woman and Vito as a man, the immortal went on to have an affair with both Romulus and Remus, fight for Persia in Marathon, assist Alexander of Macedonia, read the entire contents of the Library of Alexandria, take part in Spartacus' slave revolt and fight for Julius Ceasar and later for Marc Antony.

She eventually returned to myth-soaked Britain, where she was seduced by alleged son of the devil Ambrosious Merlinus. As the years passed, Vita witnessed the founding of King Uthar's kingdom as well as his son Arthur's succession and as Vito fought alongside the Knights of the Round table in the battle of Camlann, where he salvaged Excalibur and rechristened it Durendal. Vito abandoned Britain again, travelling to witness Beowulf defeating Grendel, Siegfried vanquishing Fafner and even beheld Ragnarok in an alternate dimension.

Now named Roland, he joined the knights of Charlemagne and fought the Saracens in Pyrenees until he was the last man standing. Admiring his fortitude, the Saracens spared him and invited him to join them, and Orlando accepted. In Baghdad he would come to be known as Orlando, and became acquainted with Caliph Harun al-Rashid, his consort Scheherazade and most importantly, Sinbad, who would become his most enduring love, until he eventually left for an Eight Voyage from which he would never return. Orlando then fought in the Crusades, became an assistant to William Tell as well as one of the Merry Men, posed for the Mona Lisa and eventually came to be Johann Faust's assistant, through whom he met a young Prospero, who had come to learn of magic.

Orlando would escort the magician in the years to come, and was at his side when he visited Queen Gloriana who commanded them to form a group of adventurers that would later become the first iteration of the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Some time later, with many of the League departing with Prospero into the Blazing World, as well as King Jacob's[disambiguation needed] purge of the faeries, Orlando travelled the world once again, returning to join the next iteration of the League, this time led by Lemuel Gulliver. Orlando would become a companion and lover of fellow members, Fanny Hill, Percy and Marguerite Blakeney, until Gulliver's demise of old age. Orlando then headed to the orient, reaching Shangri-la where years later was found by Allan Quatermain and Mina Murray, who had come to recruit her to the fourth iteration of the League.

It is suggested that he now lives in a polyamorous relationship with Allan and Mina.

Personality: As a warrior, Orlando is adept at both swordsmanship and marksmanship, his skill in the later paralleling that of the legendary Alan Quatermain. Orlando has fought in numerous wars, including such notables as Troy, Marathon, Camlann, the Crusades (on both sides) and both World Wars. During these conflicts, Orlando does not appear to have a particularly fierce loyalty to whatever side he is on, as he joins the Saracens upon an invitation, and later rejoins the crusaders because he liked their outfits. Orlando is quoted as saying that he carries the blade of England's greatest defender, but Mina responds "it was until you stole it from him!". His experiences with war has made him highly insensitive to the act of killing, as exemplified when he witnesses the crew of the Nautilus raid the east London docks and gleefully jumps in, and cheerfully reminisces about his swash buckling days while his teammates are just trying to stay alive. However, in his memoir he describes all the wars he fought in as "pointless."

Despite his massive fighting prowess, he generally appears as an unimposing, foppish character interested mostly in fine living and the pursuit of carnal delight. He had been a lover to many notables such as Remus and Romulus, a teen-aged Merlin, the goddess Hsi Wang Mu, the Scarlet Pimpernel and his wife, and most importantly the Arabian mariner Sinbad, with whom he lived as a man in Baghdad for thirty years, and identified as the love of his life over a thousand years later in his memoirs.

Another aspect of Orlando is his fondness for regaling anyone who will listen with tales of his past exploits, though these stories, such as the nature of his sword are often disregarded as tall tales by his teammates. It should be noted that while some of these stories are corroborated by other sources, such as the true identity of Dr. John Suttle, others are contradicted by previous accounts offered by Orlando himself, hinting at the possibility that Orlando might be a compulsive liar or delusional.

Orlando has been described by his associate Mina Murray as both an accomplished lover and fighter. Also that 'Orlando has slept with absolutely everyone, and those he hasn't slept with he has waged terrible war against.'

Equipment: The sword Excalibur (might be a fake or stolen), either way, many say he is very good with it.

What do you think, Tripp?

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on January 17, 2010, 08:26:55 AM
*does not have a Kindle...but wants one*

They are about 250 (for the kindle 2) and you can check from time to time for a refurbished one. The new update allows the Kindle 2 to handle pdf files better.

(MAJOR Kindle geek.. got a kindle 2 and kindle  dx.. the DX is my 'gaming tablet')

Jag

We just don't have the money for it right now. Too many bills. Hopefully I can get one (my husband wants the Sony reader) and my husband one with our tax refunds.

I loaded those pictures you sent me last night into the profile for you: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=58227.msg2642735#msg2642735

They are at the bottom. ^^

Transgirlenstein

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on January 17, 2010, 08:39:47 AM
We just don't have the money for it right now. Too many bills. Hopefully I can get one (my husband wants the Sony reader) and my husband one with our tax refunds.

I loaded those pictures you sent me last night into the profile for you: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=58227.msg2642735#msg2642735

They are at the bottom. ^^

Thankee.. have to sort the rest of the 'Elizabeth' pictures too.

http://blogkindle.com/ is a good site to look over readers. I have handled the Sony E-reader (and got 2 friends who own it) and despite my bias (KINDLE) it is not as good as the Kindle overall.

I'm thinking that IF (IF mind you) the Apple Tablet and the PC tablet come out.. ebook readers will drop quite a bit.

My major pimping point for the kindle is the stuff online is HUGE thru the amazon store and they support a massive number of e-publishing formats. (Ebook and PDF are the big ones.. rtf, doc, html are others.. I got the majority of David Weber's books in rtf on mine).

Jag

I don't know why he wants the Sony one, he just does. I've always liked the Kindle.

Trip, found some more Orlando pics. I put them at the bottom of the profile on he Profile thread. ^^

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on January 17, 2010, 08:58:45 AM
I don't know why he wants the Sony one, he just does. I've always liked the Kindle.

He likes to write things on the book doesn't he? :D

I really think that the price for most readers will drop with the arrival of the tablet personal computers.

Jag

I'm sure the price will drop by summer at least just because a lot of people will have them by then.

Oh...I added two new Leagues to hopefully draw some more people in. While I want the Murray group filled, I'm okay with the French and the German group not getting filled so long as we can get enough Americans, Japanese, or Chinese.

The Chinese League will be headed by The Devil Doctor, though they don't necessarily have to be in China since The Devil Doctor was in England in the first volume. That would be the only League that didn't have a base in it's own home country.

Callie Del Noire

Been looking over some characters in the other leagues .. not nice folks by and far (aside from Lupin)

Jag

Nope. I don't think they were supposed to be. I think it was the French League in Black Dossier that tried to start World War I and blew up the Opera house while trying to kill off the Murray group.

German League didn't do much. (Unless I have it backwards, then it would be the French league that didn't do much)

Transgirlenstein

The German group caused trouble for them as I think they worked for Germany in WW1. 

Japanese league? *thinks of steampunk sailor scout style characters*

Haibane

This is terribly impressive and you've put in so much work! I'm just not sure I should be joining any new games right now *sigh*

I do think so many groups might be over ambitious and I've seen many good group games die because of that. I would respectfully suggest you concentrate the game into fewer groups for now - the English, American and perhaps one other, either the French or German, I would suggest. Having 1 or 2 players in each of 4 or 5 groups won't work half so well as having 3 or 4 in about 3 groups. The dual role characters might be too much for most people to want to take on as well...

I'm sorry. I'm sounding so negative. It is just such a cool idea though and I've been wanting to dip my toes into a steampunk game for a long time. But anyway, there seem so few female roles as well... Perhaps I could play an OC in the English group. I need to go look up historical figures who would have been between 25-40 in 1912.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on January 17, 2010, 09:45:09 AM
Nope. I don't think they were supposed to be. I think it was the French League in Black Dossier that tried to start World War I and blew up the Opera house while trying to kill off the Murray group.

German League didn't do much. (Unless I have it backwards, then it would be the French league that didn't do much)

Reminded of some fun.. Looking over Blackadder.. :-D

It's always interesting to review that.. as the family goes on they get smarter but less 'positioned' in the world. ;D  It's been FOREVER since I saw some of that series.

Quote from: Transgirlenstein on January 17, 2010, 09:47:47 AM
The German group caused trouble for them as I think they worked for Germany in WW1. 

Japanese league? *thinks of steampunk sailor scout style characters*

Ooooo.. the Sakura force from the anime series comes to mind.. steam powered armor suits.

Jag

Quote from: Haibane on January 17, 2010, 09:49:26 AM
This is terribly impressive and you've put in so much work! I'm just not sure I should be joining any new games right now *sigh*

I do think so many groups might be over ambitious and I've seen many good group games die because of that. I would respectfully suggest you concentrate the game into fewer groups for now - the English, American and perhaps one other, either the French or German, I would suggest. Having 1 or 2 players in each of 4 or 5 groups won't work half so well as having 3 or 4 in about 3 groups. The dual role characters might be too much for most people to want to take on as well...

I'm sorry. I'm sounding so negative. It is just such a cool idea though and I've been wanting to dip my toes into a steampunk game for a long time. But anyway, there seem so few female roles as well... Perhaps I could play an OC in the English group. I need to go look up historical figures who would have been between 25-40 in 1912.

I added the other two groups cause no one seems all that interested in the French or German group. I was thinking of cutting them out and instead having English, American, and perhaps Japanese. I just hate losing such good characters (the German and French group) cause I know most of characters from their original stories and they would do so well...but many don't know them. *sighs and debates cutting out the German, French, and Chinese groups*

Jag

Quote from: Haibane on January 17, 2010, 09:49:26 AM
Perhaps I could play an OC in the English group. I need to go look up historical figures who would have been between 25-40 in 1912.

Callie listed some and I posted them under the American section on the first page. You can sift through those. Also, if you think of someone that is 'near' the age of at least 15 during that time period, we can still use them and just edit their birth year to make them the proper age.

Callie Del Noire

The connection to Solomon Kane that Selene has means she can always 'return to the old country' and pursue leads in merry old England. Work out of the Kane estate outside of London/Leeds/Liverpool/Cardiff (wherever).

Haibane

Its funny, I liked the French because of 'Albatross' (Isn't this based on the Jules Verne book 'Master of the World'?) and of course Victorian/Edwardian era Germans are always fun to play because they can be so despicable and efficient, but yeah, as you say, the two groups are all canon characters and you'd need players who both know the characters and want to play those nationalities.

H.G.Wells book "The War in the Air" might throw up some inspiring sub-plots, ideas or characters... Alongside "The War of the Worlds" and "The Time Machine" its one of his great trilogy of sci-fi works and its by far the most steampunky and has things like two-wheeled motor cars that balance gyroscopically and clockwork one-man flying machines and war-fleets of zepplins.

I have a slight fear a Japanese league might turn into some bizarre anime-inspired weirdness...

Can you think of any famous British females of the era - perhaps scientists or explorers or something? Or social activists like the Suffragettes? I'm casting my mind round for a female OC for the English League and haven't had any luck yet...

Jag

*nods*

I'm going to cut out the French, German, and Chinese options. We'll go with the English, American, and Japanese. For the american and Japanese I want to have at least three characters. The English I can do without Raffles and Carnacki (I really want to keep Mina, Allen, and Orlando).

That will give us at least 9 characters all together (though I can deal with it if we can't get that many).

Also, you may have more than one character (so if you wanted to be an American and a Japanese, go for it. Just try not to have too many characters that you spread yourself too thin).

Haibane: I will have some rules for the Japanese League to keep the Anime out of it. (I feared that as well). If it looks like it is going that way, I'll yank it and put a different League in.

Jag

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Haibane on January 17, 2010, 10:03:10 AM
Its funny, I liked the French because of 'Albatross' (Isn't this based on the Jules Verne book 'Master of the World'?) and of course Victorian/Edwardian era Germans are always fun to play because they can be so despicable and efficient, but yeah, as you say, the two groups are all canon characters and you'd need players who both know the characters and want to play those nationalities.

H.G.Wells book "The War in the Air" might throw up some inspiring sub-plots, ideas or characters... Alongside "The War of the Worlds" and "The Time Machine" its one of his great trilogy of sci-fi works and its by far the most steampunky and has things like two-wheeled motor cars that balance gyroscopically and clockwork one-man flying machines and war-fleets of zepplins.

I have a slight fear a Japanese league might turn into some bizarre anime-inspired weirdness...

Can you think of any famous British females of the era - perhaps scientists or explorers or something? Or social activists like the Suffragettes? I'm casting my mind round for a female OC for the English League and haven't had any luck yet...

Hmm.. if you want to expand your range (out of movies/books)  to other media, there is a character from a video game (Sort of 'tomb raiderish' set in the 1880-90 range, had a guy and girl you could choose from)

Transgirlenstein

I would leave video games out of League inspiration.  The sources of characters has always been literary, video games add a whole new element.

The problem with the Japanese league is trying to think of Japanese literary characters of that period is not an easy thing to do.  I would just keep the leagues you had.

Jag

Actually, most of the German League was made up of pure Movie characters. So long as the video game isn't WAY out there (like final fantasy), then I could see using the character.

Transgirlenstein

A few German characters I just thought of...

Wagner the Werewolf
Count Orlock
Krampus

Jag

If someone wanted to use a non-American, non-English character for the Murray Original Character, I'll allow it cause technically Orlando isn't English.

Just a note out there to anyone wanting to play a French person/German person/Russian person/ etc...

Callie Del Noire

Nightmare Creatures.. but I was wrong about the date (it's around the 1830s)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightmare_Creatures

And if you want a 'emigre' Russian in the Murry group.. you could have General Zaroff from 'The Most Dangerous Game'. (but you got Quartermain as 'great white hunter')

Haibane

I have found Mary Kingsley. She appeals to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Kingsley

She sounds like a female Victorian version of Indiana Jones who was in favour of not interfering in black African tribal culture, which upset the Church whose missionaries were out there trying to convert everyone to Christianity.

The only issue is she died in 1900 and had she lived, she'd have been 50 in 1912. Perhaps while out in Africa our version of this lady went native and made contact with Witchdoctors or Shamans and was initiated into some of their skills and knowledge and she has the power - given by spirits - to make herself appear younger than she is and cheat what would have been her own death from natural causes in 1900. So in 1912, though she is aged 50, she has the body and strength of one aged around 30 and is quite good with certain dark practices that can be used to defend (as in ward off evil and sickness) those she values as friends and harm (as in curse, blight or infect) those who are her enemies. I think the Shamanistic skills should come at a price though, perhaps if she practices witchcraft she suffers bouts of debilitating weakness or something while the spirits take over her body.

Skills would include: explorer, survivalist, tracker, orienteering, mountaineering, botanist, zoologist, possibly good with a rifle or pistol, horsewoman, motorcyclist, African linguist, artist.

Jag

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 17, 2010, 10:24:22 AM
Nightmare Creatures.. but I was wrong about the date (it's around the 1830s)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightmare_Creatures

Little things like those dates can be changed for the sake of the game if someone really wants that kind or that specific character. I'm flexible on that.

Quote from: Haibane on January 17, 2010, 10:24:49 AM
I have found Mary Kingsley. She appeals to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Kingsley

She sounds like a female Victorian version of Indiana Jones who was in favour of not interfering in black African tribal culture, which upset the Church whose missionaries were out there trying to convert everyone to Christianity.

The only issue is she died in 1900 and had she lived, she'd have been 50 in 1912. Perhaps while out in Africa our version of this lady went native and made contact with Witchdoctors or Shamans and was initiated into some of their skills and knowledge and she has the power - given by spirits - to make herself appear younger than she is and cheat what would have been her own death from natural causes in 1900. So in 1912, though she is aged 50, she has the body and strength of one aged around 30 and is quite good with certain dark practices that can be used to defend (as in ward off evil and sickness) those she values as friends and harm (as in curse, blight or infect) those who are her enemies. I think the Shamanistic skills should come at a price though, perhaps if she practices witchcraft she suffers bouts of debilitating weakness or something while the spirits take over her body.

Skills would include: explorer, survivalist, tracker, orienteering, mountaineering, botanist, zoologist, possibly good with a rifle or pistol, horsewoman, motorcyclist, African linguist, artist.

She could of also of done the same thing Allen and Mina did. Go to Uganda and bath in the 'Fire' to become youthful and immortal. Cause Allen Jr. is actually just Allen and would be over 100 by 1912.

Jag

I'm snagging one of the Japanese slots for myself. I was going through google and came across this:

Ignore the multi arms
Another one

It kind of reminds me of Azula from Avatar the Last Airbender. The Fire nation uses a lot of 'steampunk' like tech with their ships and such. So I'm thinking of a Geisha type of warrior. *still putting it together in her head*

Haibane

Aha. Okay, sounds a good option. I was quite fond of some Shamanistic skills but if you think witchcraft is too out there I can easily drop that. I think she needs a 'power' or an 'angle' though to make her interesting.

Possible image:

http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/b/0/0/40/d/AAAAC9i1_4cAAAAAAEDfhQ.jpg

The real woman was quite a handsome lady I think:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9c/Mary_Kingsley01.jpg

Jag

Use whatever picture you would like. You can include more than one in the profile.

As for powers...I don't think it would be too out there. Callie's character has some magical skills and it can be one of the reasons she is offered a place in the League.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on January 17, 2010, 10:44:00 AM
Use whatever picture you would like. You can include more than one in the profile.

As for powers...I don't think it would be too out there. Callie's character has some magical skills and it can be one of the reasons she is offered a place in the League.

Well I can see Selene as a more 'scholarly' occultist.. wheres the quite impressive Miss Kingley would be 'gone native' englishwoman with shaministic practices. :D

Jag

First for the Japanese Profiles.

Character Name: Kikuya Sakata
League: Japanese
Height: 5'4''
Weight: Unknown

Description: Looking at her no one would be able to tell her apart from any other average Japanese woman. Average height, weight, and slender build hidden under heavy robes and Kimonos. Her cold, dark eyes ward most men off and let them know she is not interested in their looks, touches, or affections. Her just slightly darkened skin is like everyone else around her. Really the only thing that sets her apart is her personality, not her looks. And sometimes the fact that she lets her hair down and sometimes refuses to wear it in the uncomfortable style that most women do.

Having her hair down is the only thing that sets her off at first glance from the others around her.

Character Biography: Kikuya was born as Masami in the year 412 to a rice farming family. They had little money and rarely had food. In an effort to bring money and food to her parents and younger siblings she allowed herself to be sold into slavery to a local Land Lord. The man had a thing for young girls, luckily Masami wasn't young enough and he treated her as a maid and not a bed whore. He was a kind Land Lord to her and she was sad when he died. His estate had a large debt on it and as part of the property she was sold off once again.

In the year 432 she was twenty years of age and sold to another, not as nice, Land Lord. He forced her into bed and even had a doctor rid her body of his child. The procedure left her unable to bare another child and also left her with no feeling in her sexual organs. While a woman that couldn't bare children was of no use to a husband, she was also of no use as a whore since she didn't feel it anymore. The Land Lord quickly set her free of her slave contract and left her in the streets.

She lived in the streets for nearly two years before she was taken in by a kind woman. The woman never revealed her name and only told her that it was of no importance so long as she had a home and food. Masami agreed with that and lived happily for a decade. During her stay the woman taught her to cook, clean, and sew. Things a proper lady should know how to do. She also taught her how to dress, talk, walk, and present herself properly in the company of others. Masami was very grateful for all this and never once questioned the woman's reasons for it. She was grateful for the shelter and kindness after all.

It was only when the woman brought home a man that she saw the woman wasn't normal. Instead she saw her kind friend as a monster. She watched the woman kill the man and then feast on his blood. Masami knew this woman was a demon of some kind and had to get away. Before she could get away she was assaulted by the woman. Masami begged to be let go, but the demon woman told her that she would regret leaving. The demon offered her eternal life for only one thing in return. All Masami had to do was bring a man to her every year so she could feed on their blood and souls. Masami didn't even have to do it for eternity, only for one hundred years. The temptation of ever lasting life and youth was too much for the young girl to pass up.

The hundred years passed without excitement, with the exception of keeping up her end of the bargain of luring men to the demon's home. During the years she did many things most women didn't. She used the demon's resources to learn to read and write as well as fight. The demon's friends were more than willing to train the new immortal to defend herself and kill humans. Though to Masami she didn't see it that way. She just saw it as learning something most women of her class never got a chance to do. She was trained in horse riding, swords, daggers, and spears. By the end of her hundred year deal she was a master in nearly all these.

The girl left and passed herself off as a boy till she'd proved herself to the Emperor that as a woman she was the best warrior he had. Her male name was Adachi Tokiaki, but when she showed herself to be a woman she introduced herself as Kikuya Sakata. The Emperor welcomed her into his army. But as all things do (except her) the Emperor died and everyone around her died off slowly till there was no one left she knew.

Kikuya spent her life roaming Japan. Learning and studying all her skills till the end of the 1800s. Many paintings of the beautiful girl existed, but none ever knew her name. She posed for money and even allowed some men to have their way with her, even though it provided her with no pleasure.

In the year 1900 she was offered to lead a government group to protect the country. Somehow they knew her name of Masami and asked for her assistance in return for great sums of money. Kikuya accepted and it is said that the demon that created her still follows her around in the shadows.

Personality: Cold and distant. She doesn't hate her immortality, but she finds it boring and tends to stay away from others. She has taken to the new century with the same sort of outlook she has all others, 'It will end soon enough.'

Equipment: Usually a spear, but she can use a sword and dagger rather well.

Haibane

Quote from: Michi No Sora on January 17, 2010, 10:44:00 AM

True. Its not called an Extraordinary League without good reason. I'm just concerned that if I give her too many Witchdoctor powers she'll be too powerful. But certainly she could be a form of healer/protector of the League with her defensive magic.

Jag

If I (or too many others) think that her powers are 'too much' then we'll let you know.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Haibane on January 17, 2010, 11:28:47 AM
True. Its not called an Extraordinary League without good reason. I'm just concerned that if I give her too many Witchdoctor powers she'll be too powerful. But certainly she could be a form of healer/protector of the League with her defensive magic.

Well she could always 'fix' the english 'spring'.. :D Ooooo.. dry warm weather for miles around her!

Scary! (Sorry flashed back on the 'dress for an English summer' line from the movie)

Jag

Haibane, do you want me to put you down for one of the character spots? If so, which country did you want?

Haibane

I was thinking Mary Kingsley fitted into the English League as the OC.

Jag

Okay. Done. Just PM me or post the profile here when it's done. If you need help with any of it, just as and we can (if it were one of the cannon characters I would do the profile for you).

Callie Del Noire

Gah!

<bounces up and down tigger-like>

Want ta start! Want ta Start!

<LOL>

Surely someone wants to play the great white hunter, Allen Quartermain (Jr)

Doktor Sleepless

Alright, I'm in. Not interested in playing existing characters, really, so I'm gonna go with a guy who worked with the Wright Brothers then broke off because they weren't interested in going to the extremes he is... he has a two-person fighter plane; a la Don Carnage. :) And he's very swashbuckling...

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on January 18, 2010, 11:52:46 AM
Alright, I'm in. Not interested in playing existing characters, really, so I'm gonna go with a guy who worked with the Wright Brothers then broke off because they weren't interested in going to the extremes he is... he has a two-person fighter plane; a la Don Carnage. :) And he's very swashbuckling...

Complete with french (sorta accent) and an electro-sword? That sounds totally cool. LOL.

Jag

Great. ^__^

Two Americans is what I was looking for to be able to start (we can add people as they come along).

I just need a profile Doktor. Doesn't have to be big and flashy. A pic and basic info (I can expand it with fluff text and such if need be).

I'm eager to start as well. If I'm not dead tired tonight I should be able to get the American and English thread up (we'll worry about Allen later). Even though I'm not playing as one of the Americans I will be doing the first post to it. Just to set the scene and such.

EDIT: I'm on lunch at work right now...so I'm off in a minute or two...other wise I would of kicked it off now. :P *wanders off back to work*

Haibane

Hm. Why do the words 'Crimson Skies' come to mind? :P

EDIT: Also - Michi, slightly curious... what is the plot? Do you have one in mind?

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Haibane on January 18, 2010, 12:15:05 PM
Hm. Why do the words 'Crimson Skies' come to mind? :P

I don't know.. but I have this image of a white faced Selene in the back of a steampunk rocket/jet/aerochopter as he screams in glee at how fast it's going. "I told WILBUR we could achieve prolonged speeds of this level!"

Haibane

Jets seem slightly out there in my mind... I think in terms of whirling blades, steam exhaust, clockwork, clattering exposed mechanisms and H G Wells.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Haibane on January 18, 2010, 12:19:10 PM
Jets seem slightly out there in my mind... I think in terms of whirling blades, steam exhaust, clockwork, clattering exposed mechanisms and H G Wells.

Oh.. just requires more pipes spewing fire/smoke.. :D And a few more hammerblows to make it work right of course. Cause the primary tool of fixing planes is.. a HAMMER. (I know.. retired avionics tech!)

Jag

Plot? What plot? *snickers*

For the most part the beginning will seem kind of slow because the Leagues are formed with the idea in mind 'in case something happens'. So dull moments are part of it.

Since we got rid of the Doctors in the German team it'll actually have a lot to do with a bpdy swapper *eyes Callie*. No Callie's character is not the bad guy, but does have dealings with her character as well as the English League. That will be the reason the those two teams come together (I don't think the Japanese team is going to take off).

I'm on break at work, so I can go into much detail as I have to go now. I'll give some more detail when I'm off work.

Remiel

Name: Oliver Crumble
Played By: Remiel
Height: 5'11''
Weight: 185 lbs.

[n]Description:[/b] Oliver is a moderately handsome, ubiquitously optimistic, unnaturally keen young man.  His hair is always in a state of mild disarray, and his cheeks, although beardless and moustache-less, sprout immense sideburns the color of burnt umber.   He lacks his left arm, having lost it in an industrial accident years ago, but has created a synthetic replacement using steam-driven and gearwork technology.  While pleasant of demeanour, he lacks a gentleman's social skills, and tends to lose interest or concentration quickly unless pacified by one of his everpresent scientific projects.

Character Biography:   Orphaned at an early age, he spent most of his youth in squalor, living at a workhouse where he met another famous Oliver, by the name of Twist.  When Oliver Twist escaped the workhouse for the streets of London, so did Crumble,  except his path took him instead to an iron foundry and the apprenticeship of one Charles Babbage.   Mr. Babbage was a predominant philosopher, inventor, and mechanical engineer, most known for his work on the Difference Engine.  When he died, the childless Babbage left most of his fortune to Oliver, who had also inherited his love for all things mechanical.  At the age of eighteen, while working on an automatic garment-presser, he activated the machine prematurely, causing it to crush his arm in a tragic accident.  Undeterred, he simply invented a mechanical prosthesis, using gearworks and steam pressure, in place of his lost limb.  His genius appears to know no bounds, although it is not uncommon for his inventions to have some small but spectacular flaw.

Equipment: A tool belt, and his ever-present goggles.  He is rarely seen without a spanner in his hand.

Doktor Sleepless

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 18, 2010, 11:54:34 AM
Complete with french (sorta accent) and an electro-sword? That sounds totally cool. LOL.

Hah, no, but maybe a Cajun one?

Quote from: Michi No Sora on January 18, 2010, 11:58:14 AMI just need a profile Doktor. Doesn't have to be big and flashy. A pic and basic info (I can expand it with fluff text and such if need be).

I will write up something later, yes?

Quote from: Haibane on January 18, 2010, 12:19:10 PM

Yeah, no jets, thanks. :) Or maybe steam jets!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on January 18, 2010, 11:10:58 PM
Hah, no, but maybe a Cajun one?

I will write up something later, yes?

Yeah, no jets, thanks. :) Or maybe steam jets!

Oh hell yeah.. Cajun accent works. Can't have all the americans speaking with a new england/new york gentleman's accent!

And I could see the two of them verbally fencing...

Jag

Sorry for not getting the threads up last night. I got very ill and was forced into bed early by the husband and in-laws. I'm still a bit fuzzy headed and I've lost my voice (great cause they put me on the phones starting today at work. V_V).

I'll try to get the English thread up before I leave for work (I hope to get them both up).

Just post your profile up here when it's done, Dok. ^__^

Jag

English thread is up: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=58437.0

Remiel and Haibane you two can post, but you are sitting out in a horse cab till Bond comes to get you to introduce you to Mina and Orlando.

I will get the American thread up after work.

Haibane

Here's Mary. I hope she's okay, Michi.

Character Name: Mary Kingsley
League: British
Played By: Haibane
Height: 5' 5''
Weight: Medium build... though 'padded', 'blousy' and 'buxom' are things she gets called by men who resent her success in a man's world.
Character Biography: The thing you notice at once about Mary is her eyes. They pierce right through you. They seem to penetrate into you and see you from the inside. Her expression is sharp, shrewd and intense though her body language is somewhat lazy and introspective. If you choose not to engage with her in conversation but espied her from afar she would seem like any other moderately well-off, moderately bored wife of a society gentleman. Discourse with her however, reveals a mind of diamond sharpness and a wit of equally dangerous edge. Mary has travelled over much of the British Empire and her outlook is not that of one who would see all black Africans attending Christian chapels. Brought up as any other well-to-do Victorian child with nannies, kindergartens and perambulations in the park, for some reason Mary at a very early age, chose to be heard as well as seen. The death of her botanist-explorer father at the age of fifteen (her mother died in childbirth) led Mary to take up the reins of her father's failed career and equipped from a not inconsiderable financial legacy she headed off to deepest darkest Africa to both explore and learn.

Mary travelled far and wide over much of black Africa, west to east to south. She served as a doctor at the Siege of Ladysmith in the First Boer War and recovering miraculously from Typhoid fever brought on by infection in the military hospital there went on to travel through Kenya, Egypt, Iran, Persia and Afghanistan, making a personal pilgrimage to see the Dali Lama in the Himalayan foothills of Nepal.

She has authored three books "Travels in Africa", "The Culture of the Negro" and "My Walks With the Dali-Lama". The first treatise completed her father's unfinished work and has become the standard botanists and entymologist's 'bible' to African species of flora and fauna. Her second book made her many enemies in the church and in the corridors of Whitehall since she proposed that African culture should be left alone and the meddling of missionaries was doing untold harm. It was during the writing of this book that Mary went native. Her third book is a more personal journal of her spiritual discoveries and is essentially a philosophical work.

In Africa Mary 'went native' taking on tribal dress, which for females did not mean very much at all (utterly shocking!) and forsaking the English, German and French missionaries who were there to convert the heathen to Gods True Faith. Mary preferred to see the Africans in their own culture, including polygamy, and to this end studied and was initiated into the practices of a witchdoctor. While she rejected human sacrifice she espoused many of their shamanistic practices and it is said that her recovery from Typhoid was due to a protective ritual. Mary is 51 yet all who meet her for the first time would place her at no more than 30 years of age, another puzzling facet of her background which may also be attributable to tribal magic.
Personality: A little cold at first "Oh, not another boring man who'll tell me my place is in the kitchen," she opens up soon enough to those that show her respect. At society events she can be very talkative but is generally reticent about her time in Africa. Mary is fastidious about her appearance and dresses appropriately at all times. In a Zulu corral this might mean just a cluster of strings of beads but in London it means full and proper attire, hatted and corsetted. When travelling abroad she usually resorts to riding garb - pith helmet, blouse, hunter-jacket, jodphurs and boots.
Equipment: Usually a box of "botanical and general research" goodies (which in fact means "witchdoctor bits"), plus her easel and watercolours, she also has her fathers Remington HPSR (high-pressure steam reciprocating) .308 calibre rifle and is handy with an army-issue Webley & Scott Mk.IV Break-Top .455 calibre revolver as well. If all else fails, she's good at shouting.

Haibane

Oh, by the way, Michi, I need to mention. I usually write in the first person, past tense (see any of my game posts for the style). Is that okay here?

Jag

Both are fine Haibane. ^^ If that's how you write, then that's how you write. So long as you're not using chatspeak and junk I'm fine with it.

Callie Del Noire

My my.. seems the English league is bolstered by a lot of english women's yelling at the men. LOL. Looks to be a promising group.

Jag

It seems about even. Two men (Orlando and Oliver) and two women (Mina and Mary)...though both Mina and Mary seem to be more dominate personalities (though I enjoy pushing Orlando around >.>).

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on January 19, 2010, 11:27:57 AM
It seems about even. Two men (Orlando and Oliver) and two women (Mina and Mary)...though both Mina and Mary seem to be more dominate personalities (though I enjoy pushing Orlando around >.>).

Been trying to figure out who Selene would have correspondence with. (Miss Murry sometime in the past I"m sure, I'm thinking Jacob might have mailed Allen YEARS ago about the use of 'special materials' in ballistics).

That is the hard part.. moving from a modern set of mind to the 'correspondence' outlook of the era. I'm sure she's have few (thankfully) encounters with the detestable Mr. Bond, and am curious to see who is his equivalent in the US is. Too early for J Edgar.. (and he's definitely be a 'look down his nose' type)

I do see a sorta rivalry with groups like the Pinkertons...

Transgirlenstein

You just like pushing Orlando around cause you like pushing me around. ;)

Let me know when I can post..and link me

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Transgirlenstein on January 19, 2010, 01:20:45 PM

Let me know when I can post..and link me

Poor Orlando.. in bed with Mina and getting smacked around for a wake up. :D

Callie Del Noire

Sweet..he's even got his 'alignment and calibration' tool in hand.

sinera

Hmmm... If Dok's doing an aviator, I suppose I shouldn't do Amelia - she'd be redundant.  Let me look into which of my hero/ines are from that era (or before).
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Jag

Okay...I got ushered straight to bed again last night to rest. I'm still rather ill. My voice is nearly completely gone after being on the phones yesterday. I'm sure after today I won't be able to talk at all,  but I need the money.

Quote from: Transgirlenstein on January 19, 2010, 01:20:45 PM

Lies! All lies! >.>

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 19, 2010, 11:36:14 AM
Been trying to figure out who Selene would have correspondence with. (Miss Murry sometime in the past I"m sure, I'm thinking Jacob might have mailed Allen YEARS ago about the use of 'special materials' in ballistics).

Just remember, how long ago was Selene actually Jacob? Allen would be the oldest (pushing probably 110 around 1912). Think they would of probably of known your character as Selene when they visited Arkham a few years earlier. Maybe just known each other in passing. She probably wouldn't of got along with Mina too well since they are both dominate women. Allen maybe acting as a buffer between the two of them to keep verbal and possibly physical violence to a minimum.

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on January 19, 2010, 01:44:22 PM
I found this image for my character; I'll add a profile later.

<snip>

Works for me. Just before you actually post (which you'll be able to soon) to give us at least a character name and some info if you don't have all the profile together.

Quote from: sinera on January 20, 2010, 03:35:05 AM
Hmmm... If Dok's doing an aviator, I suppose I shouldn't do Amelia - she'd be redundant.  Let me look into which of my hero/ines are from that era (or before).

Amelia might still be good since the mind frame of most people is still kind of a 'women can't do that because they are women. Go cook something.'. Which would make her a rather strong woman (like Mina and Selene).

Jag

Oh, I will be setting up a section in the profiles for NPCs like Bond and the American Correspondence (I have one picked that probably no one has ever heard of, but he works in my opinion).

Jag

American thread up...not my best work...but I'm still light headed. ^^

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=58521.0

You two can post when ever you want and I'll respond as needed.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on January 20, 2010, 05:41:29 AM
American thread up...not my best work...but I'm still light headed. ^^

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=58521.0

You two can post when ever you want and I'll respond as needed.

Nice.. I posted Selene.. I'm trying for sarcastic, and a bit arrogant with a dash of 'a woman who doesn't know her place'.  Doktor, feel free to PM me to coordinate things and tune the attitude of Selene if she's a bit TOO blunt.

As for correspondence with the various characters I see the bit with Allen as a 'short term' set of letters. And yes, I see her and Mina clashing personality wise. Too alike in many ways. I figure she might have continued some of 'Jacobs' letters for a while before introducing 'Selene' his 'daughter' and passing on.

Mostly those would be sources in the government and some of the occult contacts that the Kanes contivated.

Remiel

Did the suffragette movement first take hold in England or America?

Also, are the two groups ever going to come in contact with each other?  My own humble opinion is that it might be best if we incorporated everyone into one thread -- that way, we can keep the game going and jump in as necessary -- but I'm sure you know best. :)

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Remiel on January 20, 2010, 11:17:19 AM
Did the suffragette movement first take hold in England or America?

Also, are the two groups ever going to come in contact with each other?  My own humble opinion is that it might be best if we incorporated everyone into one thread -- that way, we can keep the game going and jump in as necessary -- but I'm sure you know best. :)

Not sure.. but Selene is a bit 'worldly' and has contacts in the US and Europe..

Hmmm.. dives in Wiki to find out about Suffragette's and the movement timeline..

Jag

What I found on the Suffragette's movement was: "Suffragette is a term originally coined by the Daily Mail newspaper as a derogatory label for the more militant members of the late-19th and early-20th century movement for women's suffrage in the United Kingdom" -Wiki

So it started in England I guess.

As for the two leagues...I'd originally planned a thread for each group so that there wouldn't be too much cross-confusion. This way Trip doesn't make a comment toward Me that sounds like it could go for Callie and someone mistake it. I don't think that made a lick of sense, but my head is fuzzy, so I don't know...yes they will eventually meet. I have a common goal for the two groups (a common enemy). Both countries thinking they have right over it since it has to deal with them in a way. So yes, they would end up meeting (and probably not on happy terms to begin with).

I may (in the future, once we have moved out of the more introductery phase) have the threads merged (that way all the intro stuff will of been kept seperate and easy to manage, and then once they are all together it will not make sense to have two threads anymore and to merge them, leaving all the intro stuff at the beginning of the thread and out of the way).

Still not sure if any of that made any sense.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on January 20, 2010, 11:27:35 AM
What I found on the Suffragette's movement was: "Suffragette is a term originally coined by the Daily Mail newspaper as a derogatory label for the more militant members of the late-19th and early-20th century movement for women's suffrage in the United Kingdom" -Wiki

So it started in England I guess.

As for the two leagues...I'd originally planned a thread for each group so that there wouldn't be too much cross-confusion. This way Trip doesn't make a comment toward Me that sounds like it could go for Callie and someone mistake it. I don't think that made a lick of sense, but my head is fuzzy, so I don't know...yes they will eventually meet. I have a common goal for the two groups (a common enemy). Both countries thinking they have right over it since it has to deal with them in a way. So yes, they would end up meeting (and probably not on happy terms to begin with).

I may (in the future, once we have moved out of the more introductery phase) have the threads merged (that way all the intro stuff will of been kept seperate and easy to manage, and then once they are all together it will not make sense to have two threads anymore and to merge them, leaving all the intro stuff at the beginning of the thread and out of the way).

Still not sure if any of that made any sense.

Yup..and it's the right time frame for her to be accused of being one (and many other things later on..)

Turns out the right to vote for women in the US is around 1920.. (returns to reading it..very interesting stuff)

Doktor Sleepless

Quote from: sinera on January 20, 2010, 03:35:05 AM

I'm sorry if you were here before and I'm stepping on your toes...

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 20, 2010, 08:51:52 AMNice.. I posted Selene.. I'm trying for sarcastic, and a bit arrogant with a dash of 'a woman who doesn't know her place'.  Doktor, feel free to PM me to coordinate things and tune the attitude of Selene if she's a bit TOO blunt.

She's fine (and looks fine :), just play your character as you feel she should be.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on January 20, 2010, 01:30:57 PM
I'm sorry if you were here before and I'm stepping on your toes...

She's fine (and looks fine :), just play your character as you feel she should be.

Just so long as at some point we argue over the usefulness of combustibles (her against)..and when his Bang saves the day she can go and say something along the lines of 'Okay..sometimes high explosives ARE the answer..happy?"

And I would think it could be fun if he's one of her 'device producers'.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on January 20, 2010, 01:44:14 PM
Sounds like a good idea, you mean they've met before?

Maybe she commissioned a few things.. that corset hides a few things I'm sure. :D

Doktor Sleepless

Sure; he's not a small gadgets kinda guy though; more like transportation and vehicles; but he can branch out if needed... and the pay is worth it. Mostly modifying or improving existing devices.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on January 20, 2010, 03:26:06 PM
Sure; he's not a small gadgets kinda guy though; more like transportation and vehicles; but he can branch out if needed... and the pay is worth it. Mostly modifying or improving existing devices.

No worries either way. :D Just glad to see the game moving along!

Doktor Sleepless

I'm working on my profile... work permitting, but I'm kinda swamped right now. Should have it in a few hours, though.

Callie Del Noire

Oh.. that was a comment..not a demand!

I get this thing you call work. (Callie misses working)

Doktor Sleepless

Eating, having internet and electricity; and most important of all, providing for my son are not overrated at all. :)

And I'm leaving work now and I wasn't able to spend one minute on that profile... it was hell tonight...

Haibane

Hi everyone

I'm sorry to say this but I am up to my neck in real life stress and worry and issues right now. All my Elliquiy games have stalled and I have no inspiration to write. I think it would be best if I drop out of this one before I post because if I do a few posts and then quit, that is even worse.

Sorry.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Haibane on January 21, 2010, 09:30:03 AM
Hi everyone

I'm sorry to say this but I am up to my neck in real life stress and worry and issues right now. All my Elliquiy games have stalled and I have no inspiration to write. I think it would be best if I drop out of this one before I post because if I do a few posts and then quit, that is even worse.

Sorry.

That's okay.. you can always come in at a later date.. take care of real life.

Jag

Quote from: Haibane on January 21, 2010, 09:30:03 AM
Hi everyone

Sorry.

Get your real life in order. That's more important.

If you feel like re-joining when you can...then we'll work you in. ^^

Jag

Everyone can post that has been accepted to the game, whether or not your profile is finished.

Dok, just post the profile when it's done. Post when you're ready.

Callie Del Noire

Jag

Who? Dok? I'm not sure. I hope not.

Sorry for being slow. I don't get much time online with the illness. I currently have the adult version of RSV (infants normally get it). My daughter gave it to me and I'm still ill from it.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on January 23, 2010, 03:53:25 PM
Who? Dok? I'm not sure. I hope not.

Sorry for being slow. I don't get much time online with the illness. I currently have the adult version of RSV (infants normally get it). My daughter gave it to me and I'm still ill from it.

Ah it's alright.. more being silly than anything else. Trying HARD not to run roughshod over him and any others I play with. (This is an awesome game and I don't want run the other players down. :D )

So it's NOT Dok.. it's ME.

And you rest up an heal up.. get your health up!

Doktor Sleepless

You have not scared me away... I just haven't found the time to write down my profile, and I prefer to write it before posting... And get better, Michi-chan!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on January 24, 2010, 04:56:24 PM
You have not scared me away... I just haven't found the time to write down my profile, and I prefer to write it before posting... And get better, Michi-chan!

No worries then.

And I hope you're doing better Michi!

Callie Del Noire

Liking the way the 'Limeys' are starting to come alive in the posts. Who'd have thunk it.. a clockwork version of 'THE Luggage". :-D

Jag

Update:

Baby is almost 100%...me I'm around...40% health wise. So I'm getting there.

Getting more posts in slowly.

Dok...if you don't think you can post anytime soon...then I'm going to just put it as your character sleeping for the current session and that just bugging Alexander all to hell. 'kay?

Callie Del Noire

LOL.. LOVED That.. Selene added to the impending explosion too. :D

Jag

I'm going to add a 3rd character to the American league. That way we have an even number of men and women. Plus, I think we need at least one less dominating woman. Don't want to have all the men at their knees all the time, do we? :P

sinera

Am I missing something? I can't seem to find an American League thread... wanted to see where it had gotten to before making my character.

Jag

Callie Del Noire

Mostly it's just Selene doing her best to spin up the american version of Campion Bond in hopes he'd let something slip. :D

Jag

The American Female version of A.J. Raffles:

Name: Abigale Jane Racket
League: American
Height: 5'4''
Weight: 125 lbs.

Description: Physically she is much like Mina Murray. She is of short stature and very much the fragile doll. Abby (as she is called by those close to her) is a pretty girl and rather proud of it. She knows that she is pretty and can use that to her advantage if the situation calls for it. Though her lovely body is usually covered in clothing. Abby rarely lets anyone see more than her hands and face. Even her arms are usually covered. Either by long gloves or long sleeves.

Character Biography: Born to a rich family she spent her days in etiquette classes and learning her place as a woman. She didn't openly break away from her family. Instead she played her part as the sweet daughter. Abby has always been a quite and kind woman. She never caused an issue for her family or within her group of friends.

While in school she found the book The Amateur Cracksman. The story of A.J. Raffles as told from the point of view of friend Bunny Manders struck something in her. Like herself, Raffles is bored with life. Bored with playing the games of his public life. The need for excitement in her life rings true in the character as well. Though unlike the book she had no friend with her to help her achieve this excitement. Still, she can't help but love the idea of midnight thefts from people who will not be hurt by losing a few diamonds.

By day she is the sweet daughter of a rather wealthy family. A woman that is soon becoming labeled as an 'old maid' for her refusal to marry. By night she is probably the world's only gentlewoman thief. Her first theft was a rather small one, but then again she saw no reason to jump in too quickly. She considers it to be her most prized possessions. A small chain necklace. It's not worth much money wise, but it means a lot to her. She got it from sneaking into the house of a former friend. The girl had been her supposed friend. Her first. But the girl had crossed her by seducing the man that was supposed to be her future husband. While Abigale had no intentions of really marrying him, that wasn't what mattered. The necklace was bought for the other woman by the man and she took it.

Unlike the book character Raffles, Abby has only been caught once. She was caught by some well to do in upstate New York. At first she was thrown in jail, but for some reason she was let out and given a few options that lead her to her current situation.

Personality: Very quite and usually very unassuming. She tries to keep to herself. Unlike her book counter part she does not want an very open public life to try and mask her preferred life.

Equipment: A set of lock picks, skeleton keys, and various other objects.

Jag

I hope Dok has been okay. I'm not sure he's even been on Facebook lately. He hasn't logged on since the 29th.

*goes to search to see if he has an AA thread*

PhantomPistoleer

Would it be possible to play as the Shadow in the American version? o_o
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Jag

Callie Del Noire

Cool! A two gun wielding force knowing the evil that lurks in man's hearts!

PhantomPistoleer

Hmm.  ::Taps chin::

I think I may, I think I may, I think I may join a game today.  :o
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Jag

He could be a last minute recruit like Abigale or join up as a forced entry once they get to their destination.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on February 01, 2010, 08:04:53 PM
He could be a last minute recruit like Abigale or join up as a forced entry once they get to their destination.
He's welcome.. so long as he puts Alexander's BP up at least 20 points. Want a coronary quickly.

PhantomPistoleer

I still haven't decided, but can someone give me a brief rundown?  o_o
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Jag

Why you wanna kill Alexander so much? What did he ever do to you? :P

Right now Selene is trying to give Alexander (the government lackey) a heart attack as quickly as possible. Jack just woke up (apparently as people were leaving)...the sleeping pushed Alexander ever closer to that heart attack. Abigale was caught in a theft and given the option to join up. Now they are leaving and heading out to Alabama to study a case of mass pregnancies that have to deal with an Asian doctor whom may be a body swapper. Of course Alexander being shoved into going with them is pushing that heart attack right along.

On the English side, Mina is just about to explain to their group about leaving for the US to hunt down the former Limehouse leader known as the Devil Doctor. They known nothing of the pregnancies, American group, or possible body swapping.

Or just read it for yourself in Callie's post. >.<

I think the main goal is not the pregnancies, but to give Alexander a heart attack. O_o

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Jag

I think Selene and Mina together around him will cause that flatline in no time. Unless they get into a cat fight and start ripping clothing off. I don't see many of the men stopping that.

*giggles*

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on February 01, 2010, 08:15:00 PM
I think Selene and Mina together around him will cause that flatline in no time. Unless they get into a cat fight and start ripping clothing off. I don't see many of the men stopping that.

*giggles*

I foresee three possible outcomes..

1. They walk into the room and quietly (and professionally) hate one another
2. They walk into the room and quietly (and professionally) like  one another
3. The universe implodes.

NO matter the outcome... it will be bad for their 'minders'.

Remiel

QuoteI think Selene and Mina together around him will cause that flatline in no time. Unless they get into a cat fight and start ripping clothing off. I don't see many of the men stopping that.

I sure wouldn't!

Jag

Callie Del Noire

Jag

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on February 01, 2010, 08:13:55 PM
I will wait until more womens join. ;)

I will try to fix this. Though now we have three female characters and three males (not counting in Bond or Alexander).

Though Orlando can be seen as female sometimes. :P

sinera

Quote from: Michi No Sora on February 03, 2010, 11:19:53 AM
I will try to fix this. Though now we have three female characters and three males (not counting in Bond or Alexander).

Though Orlando can be seen as female sometimes. :P

I will bring in a woman - what group do you want her in? I'm thinking along the lines of someone who can "phase" through solid objects (within limits)... any suggestions?

Jag

Quote from: sinera on February 04, 2010, 02:22:01 AM
I will bring in a woman - what group do you want her in? I'm thinking along the lines of someone who can "phase" through solid objects (within limits)... any suggestions?

Either group is fine. It's up to you. Right now we're three for three in the groups.

Actually, she might do better in the English group if that is what her ability is. Abigale is a theif, so that might just kind of make her redundent to have if they have someone that can walk through walls. :P

Jag

Tripp PMed me to let me know she is going to be out for a while. Her character will be an NPC till she returns (much like Alexander and Bond are).

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on February 14, 2010, 01:15:46 PM
Tripp PMed me to let me know she is going to be out for a while. Her character will be an NPC till she returns (much like Alexander and Bond are).

Sorry to hear that.. hope things sort themselves out for a while.

Jag

It'll be alright. We'll just continue to move forth.

Oh, and we don't have post orders. Just post whenever your character has something to contribute or do.

Also...Shameless plug. Make Michi happy. :P

Callie Del Noire

Nudge.. nudge.. Doc..wake up!  It's spring.. time to end hibernation.. really! :D

Jag

*will be making a post soon for both threads*

I've been swamped. I just started my MT lessons and they are time consuming. :P

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on February 19, 2010, 02:12:01 PM
*will be making a post soon for both threads*

I've been swamped. I just started my MT lessons and they are time consuming. :P

No worries.. just poking Doc

[pokes doc with stick]STABITY STAB[/pokes doc with stick]
carry on..

Returns to filling out resume forms.. grrr.. unemployement sucks

Jag

He hasn't been online since the 16th. I'll send him a message on Facebook (cause he has been active on there) to see if he's okay.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on February 19, 2010, 02:25:10 PM
He hasn't been online since the 16th. I'll send him a message on Facebook (cause he has been active on there) to see if he's okay.

BTW.. what is MT?

Jag

Callie Del Noire

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on February 19, 2010, 09:57:10 PM
Quit stabbing me! I'm still alive. :)

Poking.. just poking.. and wipe that drool off yer face mister!

Callie Del Noire

Sooooo.. shalll I close out the dinner scene so we can get on the road?

Callie Del Noire

Well like Michi told someone a while back we are perfectly willing to 'tweak' the time line for real or literary characters

Jag

Sorry for not being around much lately. Life has kicked my bum. I'm getting caught up.

Yes, Callie, please do so if you wouldn't mind.

Nos: The setting is 1910, but it doesn't have to be a literary character. It can be an original one if you'd like. But if you want a literary one, here are some from 'around' 1910:

Jay Gatsby
Leopold Bloom
Lily Bart
Nick Adams
Kurtz
Peter Pan (an adult version though)
Jake Barnes
Claudine
George Follansbee Babbitt
Christopher Tietjens
Tarzan
Margaret Schlegel
Kimball "Kim" O'Hara
Charlie Marlow

NosCorventius

I think I'm interested in Tarzan. I see him as an americian mix of Quarterman and Hyde.  Civilised John Clayton Ex- Lord of Greystone who hides a much more primal nature. I suddenly have a vision of a man in a business suit hanging up side down by his feet while he reads.  He is technically an english character but I have no trouble seeing him moving into the old west.

Jag

NosCorventius

Exactly if this sounds acceptable I'll start work on his bio for this story.

Doktor Sleepless

Like Beast, exactly my thinking. Although I can't think why Tarzan would hang upside down...

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on March 02, 2010, 09:26:09 PM
Like Beast, exactly my thinking. Although I can't think why Tarzan would hang upside down...

I could see him squating on tables (and Selene poking him with her staff)

NosCorventius

I took a bit of liberty with Tarzan's history but the Character is pretty true to the original I think. How does he look? Does he meet with your approval?

Name: Tarzan Aka John Caldwell, John Clayton, Viscount Greystoke,
League: American
Played By:  Nos Corventius
Height: 6’ 8“
Weight: 260

Description: Though he is obviously Caucasian, he is deeply tanned, extremely athletic, tall and handsome, with grey eyes, long black slightly unkempt hair and overly long arms, has a tendency to bear his teeth when angry or upset.

Character Biography: Tarzan is the son of  Lord James The Viscount of Greystoke and Lady Emily the countess of Wessex. While on a expedition to inspect some of the viscounts holdings along the ivory coast the couple were marooned on the West coast of Africa by mutineers, who spared the couple because Lady Emily was with child.. When Tarzan was a year old, his mother died of Malaria. Soon after his father was killed by Kerchak, leader of the ape tribe into which Tarzan would be adopted. Taken in by Kala the young Tarzan (White Skin in the Apes language) grew to be a fierce warrior and hunter often besting his Adopted brothers and protecting the Clan from outside dangers. At 18 Tarzan met Jane Porter an American Woman who with her father Professor Archimedes Porter has come to explore the jungle coast. The two fall deeply in love and in his haste to be with her he agrees to travel with the group. They immediately set off for England but are met with a cold reception upon what should be a happy homecoming for  Tarzan. Jack, Tarzan's younger brother, refuses to accept his savage brother as the rightful heir to land and title. Understanding only trail by combat Tarzan challenges Jack for what is rightfully his. While Tarzan wins easily the incident, which leaves Jack badly injured, proves that though Tarzan now speaks several languages and is rather more refined then when Jane first found him, He is not yet ready for Aristocratic society. Dejected Tarzan follows Jane one more this time to her home inside Fort Mudge, Georgia. While Tarzan, now using the name John Caldwell, is happy in his new home of swamps and jungle he still wishes for more challenge then the Gators and Mountain Lions that roam his new home, can give him. A challenge that the League just might provide.

Personality: He is gentle and protective towards women, Always sides with the underdog, Can be brash and unthinking, In dealing with other men Tarzan is firm and forceful. With male friends he is reserved but deeply loyal and generous. As a host he is likewise generous and gracious. Tarzan constantly battles with a duel nature Though he enjoys such civilized activities as reading or playing chess and is often brillant, well spoken, and articulate, he will often revert back to his more primal nature when angered, or involved in an overly physical activity. Once more becoming the Savage he used to be instead of the civilized gentleman he aspires to become. While this is somewhat an asset to the League it often gets him in trouble, usually through no real fault of his own, and leads to someone being carried off to the hospital. It can take Tarzan several minutes after calming down, to revert back to his gentlemanly self. Tarzan is also bit of a ladies man, though he's fiercely loyal to Jane he does not see that as a reason to be monogamous. Prefers his food raw even meat.

Equipment: A Ivory handled Mangbetu Knife  http://www.pbauctioneers.co.uk/images/recently_sold/469.151109.jpg Roughly 16 “ long used for fighting, throwing, and hunting, Specialized folding bow and quiver of arrows. Smoke bombs and flash grenades.

Edited to reflect personailty change

Callie Del Noire

Yup.. I can see Selene poking him with her staff to get off the furniture. :D

Callie Del Noire

Selene pokes the threads to see if they're still alive an twitching.

NosCorventius

I'm just waiting for an nod of approval so I can find a way to force my way into the americian group. Not sure yet just how I'm going to do this now that I've read it but........ I'm sure I'll come up with something.

Jag

Sorry about the wait...I broke my laptop while trying to clean it...*Michi shouldn't be allowed to touch computers*...It looks good, Nos. I'll add it to the profiles.

And hopefully I can get both threads up to date some time today.

Callie Del Noire

I shudder to think how you break a laptop cleaning it. (Have literally taken apart every computer in my apartment)

Jag

I have too. I've taken apart dozens of Desktops and laptops...I fear telling you what I did would cause laughter in my direction. >.> It was a stupid mistake involving the keyboard.

Callie Del Noire

Just be lucky you don't have to work on the old keypads I have

Jag

English League is on hold till we get more players for it or till Tripp comes back to reclaim Orlando.

Callie Del Noire

Hope it starts up again soon.. I love the way TRipp plays Orlando..it's a hoot!

NosCorventius

Okay I've thought over the problem for a bit now and still am not sure how to go about entering this. Here's my ideas: I can play out a late personal meeting with Alexander having come from Georgia all the way to DC and meet everyone at the train station. (You did mention a train didn't you?)

Or I can show up at the meeting place after everyones left, find the card Jack left on a table and bloodhound like, follow the trail to dinner. Which is better for you guys?

Callie Del Noire

Either works for me..

You come charging in.. Selene whaps you with the Staff of Solomon. LOL.. We get to prove magic to Abby as Selene smites you good!

Isn't it required for at least a couple Hero fight introductions in comics anyway? :D

NosCorventius

Okay just remember you asked for it.  >:) I'll work on it so I can post right after Michi's next post. I think I'll drop in from a skylight. I have this picture of you all sitting in a glass domed library for some reason that I just can't shake.

Callie Del Noire

Rather you came in though the front window please.. it's open for 'night airing'.. Foggy bottom is so stuffy don't you know. :D

NosCorventius

So nice of you to leave it open for me! Okay sounds like a plan.

Callie Del Noire

Well there would be a screen in place. Of course having him leap in during hr discussion on magic could lead to dire happenings. Problem is most of her magic is subtle. What could she do to escalate things?  Clout him with the staff and blow him back into her yard?   Hmm. Have to think and plot on this.

Jag

NosCorventius

Okay I've posted it. I realized mid post though that i had his personailty wrong so I've changed my CS a bit to reflect the change, I hope that's okay. i think the way he's written now is much more compelling. Let me know what you think.

~Nos~

P.S. Tarzan is currently dressed in a dark suit including a grey vest and tie much like this one: http://www.sarasotatuxedo.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=152 his hair is tied back with a bit of ribbon though the suit and his hair are in no way orderly anymore.

P.P.S Thought about your issue of using only subtle magics and thought you might be able to use the staff to amplify kenetic energy. Basically where you would hit him with enough force to maybe sting a bit with a reguluar cane but the hit would cause him to fly back several feet instead. Thus it is still a subtle working even though it has a big effect. Just a thought.

Callie Del Noire

Pulls out a deck of cards and starts playing a strange game of cards. <hmmm sorceress and cards.. :D >

Jag

Callie Del Noire

Doktor Sleepless

Uh, I'm sorry, how would Tarzan move before Jack fired, and why is he hitting him a second time, when he didn't hit him a first one?!?!?

NosCorventius

Sorry doc I couldn't think of any other way to finalize it and though the fight was designed to actually be between Tarzan and Miss Kane you pulled a gun making you the bigest threat in the room and an obvious target. So I took you out quick to give Miss Kane the time to respond and make sure you didn't shoot a soon to be ally. This was supposed to be a purely physical fight. You're response though completly in character neccasitated mine. BTW he hit him between the leap and the thought of "He wants proof Tarzan give him proof!" My other option was to rip the guns off you. but as I'm not sure how you have them attached I didnt want to cripple you. If you prefer I can go back and write it that way instead. Sorry if I stepped on any toes. I try to play do that as little as possible.

~Nos~

Edit: After seeing Callie's response i realized that my direction was a litle wrong so I've edited the post to flow better with hers and the tone in general. Callie, the change may require a minimal amount of editing on your part as well but, I think you'll agree that the edit allows for  the same level of aggression without stepping on anyones character. I'll hold off on posting further until I see either see a response here telling me its fine as is or an edit from yourself.

Jag

I shall post tonight sometime. I've been in pain the last few days.

NosCorventius

Hope you feel better soon Michi. Living in pain is never fun. BTW Michi I just noticed i haven't been added to the character slots post yet. Can you add me when you have a minute?

NosCorventius

Well all, I am off to Mountian Men Rendezvous so I'll be AFK until Monday maybe Tuesday. I'll catch up with everything then.

Thanks, ~Nos~

Jag

I have not forgotten this game. I promise. I got back from the hospital about a week ago after spending a week in there with Pancreatitis. I had minor surgery to remove my gallbladder while I was in there as well.

I'm back and feeling much better (no more gallstone pains or gallstones blocking my pancreas, YAY!). I hope we can get this game back going again. I plan on doing some revision and getting more players involved.

Oh, Callie, do you have any info on when Century Issue 2 is supposed to come out? All I can find out is somewhere between now and the end of May. I'm interested in seeing what year they go to next and if they will carry on characters like Raffles and Carnacki.

Callie Del Noire

I'm hip deep in networking classes and no income. (so no money to spare for comics)

Jag

Oh, I won't be buying it anytime soon (no spare money here either). Just wondering if anyone else had heard anything new about it.

Doktor Sleepless

... hi... I'm not dead yet. :)

Callie Del Noire

You're not fooling anyone..

Doktor Sleepless

What gave me away? The "brains" bib I'm wearing?

Callie Del Noire

Well I calling the game 'great idea but dead' and taking it off my bookmarks