Wheel of Time d20 system game [Recruitment open, 3/5-7 spots filled]

Started by Zaer Darkwail, August 31, 2011, 04:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysterium

Raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways!

TheVongola10th

Mysterium

Ok here is something of a background for Vitani Chevalier. It's brief. There is more to her but I didn't want to write a novelette.

Vitani Chevalier is from Andor. Not of a noble family. Her parents are farmers.  She’s well trained in stewardship, husbandry (including animal), and educated. There are three children in her family. Her sister, being eldest.  Aellan her brother being the middle child, she the youngest.

The eldest sister is married and moved away.  Vitani did have the chance however to become quite close to her brother. Aellan is her sun, moon and stars.  She grew up adoring and hero worshipping him.  He is the one that taught her   the ‘basics’ of healing.  The pair would heal wounded wild animals and farm animals alike.  Given that her father was training her to deal with trading, Vitani was educated.  At the age of thirteen she could read, write and cipher quite well. 

She showed an affinity with animals early on. When she was the one tending wounded animals they seemed to return to full health somewhat more quickly than if Aellan had.  It wasn’t an instant healing, but the healing occurred at a faster rate.

It wasn’t long after her 13th birthday that Aellan went to the tower. He enrolled in training there to become Gaidin.

It was just six months after this occurrence that her family’s farm was attacked by darkspawn.   Vitani had been in the barn with a cow that was close to birthing time.  In a moment of terror Vitani’s gift wakened.

Aellan had spoken of Vitani to others at the Tower. His stories had given some cause to wonder about his sister having a gift. It just happened one of the Aes Sedai he’d befriended was on her way to meet Vitani, and had arrived just moments before the outburst of her gift.

The attack was dealt with first, then Vitani was found, passed out in the stall buried under hay the cow had churned up.  Within hours of her waking, the Aes Sedai set off for Tar Valon with Vitani in tow. There could be no doubt she was gifted.

Vitani worked very hard. But it hurt for Aellan to be so close, yet she not able to see him often.  He had always been her best friend and confidant. Vitani was very passionate about certain things. It often got her into trouble. She always took her punishment in silence and with good grace.

In her time as Accepted,  she was a busy girl. She was responsible for starting an orphanage/soup kitchen in Tar Valon.  She was instrumental in establishing a collegium of sorts to help train both young and old for better jobs.  She was able to get the guild masters behind her in this endeavor.  She started a hospice outside of the Tower, as well as an area to help tend to the sick animals of the city.  These projects completed  proved her ready for a trip through the arches.

She chose the Yellow in the end.

TheVongola10th

I Will write mine after i finish creating my character x_x lol. ;P

Mysterium

I already had her background. I just need a sheet completed. That is a work in progress which is more than likely half finished.

Zaer Darkwail

Heh, you two work kind of reverse order :).

Anyways I would not mind if Aes Sedai or tower related chars would be higher level. On verge perhaps do the initiation test to choose color and become full fledge Aes Sedai (5th level). Any warden pupils are also 5th level or so.

Also the game will remain in system as I feel most comfortable to GM this as system game.

TheVongola10th

What exactly is the character sheet? just the chosen beginning feats and stats grid et cetra?

Zaer Darkwail

Wait for while, I try dig a charsheet somewhere which shows in here or in online charsheet service (if no one else gets ahead of me).

Mysterium

Yes we do. *chuckles* Her background was already created before I found this thread. I just have to remake her character sheet to fit the needs of this rp.

Aybara

If they are starting above level 1, do the Accepted characters get a few extra weaves that they will have picked up?

Mysterium

Ok...so we're accepted and not Aes Sedai, Zaer?  Accepted aren't allowed outside the tower in general.  Or that was my understanding of cannon. That would kind of put a kink in your plans for our Aes Sedai c's to be in Two Rivers. Wouldn't it?

Zaer Darkwail

Well, Moirane could had smuggled pair of accepted out from the tower if she felt she needed pair of accepted involved with her search :). Of course kept dark pretty much what she is doing.

Mysterium

Aybara

Ok here is his character sheet, still needs a bit of a polish but hes done in most respects that count. He doesn't have a tent or anything because he doesn't expect to go traveling any time soon. Around Emonds Field he wont have armour or his sword on him most likely.
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=334860

Zaer Darkwail

Thanks :). I will edit the first page count we have at least to Ta'veren and one accepted coming.

Aybara

So the Accepted characters are level four, or was it five, then, you were talking about random extra weaves for them. Would there perhaps be an increased chance for suitable weaves, say for a random example one who was being groomed by the Yellow Ajah? Greater chance for some of the healing weaves? Myself and Mysterium have both been very busy the last week but we have the groundwork done, we just have to level the character up and pick weaves which wont be too bad... since all the feats will likely be the ones needed for Aes Sedai and a similar outlook for the skills.

Zaer Darkwail

They are fifth level chars (the accepted). I allow them learn now this phase 1d4+1 weaves per two levels (so roll 2d4+2) and 4 of them must be suitable for Ajah they have bonded to and fit inside their affinities/talent. Rest then can be any random weaves.

TheVongola10th

I'm hoping to be one of the three ta'veren, am I among the 2 you were referring to, or if I am accepted to be one of the three would I be the third?

Muse

Still got some space for me, Zaer, I know I've been quite for a long time. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Muse on October 06, 2011, 11:30:19 PM
Still got some space for me, Zaer, I know I've been quite for a long time. 

Your welcome to join :).

Quote from: TheVongola10th on October 06, 2011, 11:13:24 PM
I'm hoping to be one of the three ta'veren, am I among the 2 you were referring to, or if I am accepted to be one of the three would I be the third?

Well, so far as I know we got one local woodsman as ta'veren and one armsman and Muse still got his spot as local quarterstaff master. So there is no longer spots for ta'veren but you could take spot as 5th level char who comes outside Two Rivers (or is from Two Rivers but has traveled a lot). If none the other ta'veren like give up their spots?

Anyways I decided to let any non-taveren start as 5th level char while ta'veren start at 1st (they got a plenty power with their three destiny aspects and they start speedily gain XP along with higher level folks).

TheVongola10th

local woodsman? :S as far as I saw from the above posts I was the first to go with a woodsman... ah well I guess I could look into a different role then :S

Zaer Darkwail

Were you then the woodsman? Bit confused at moment as I do not know what point folks are in char creation and who has taken what so let's do a role call shall we :P.

TheVongola10th

haha, im the one who was asking alot of questions when making my character, I've done everything except the official backstory and final stat sheet like Aybarra posted

TheVongola10th

I'm making a character sheet right now, also I've been wondering this, will this have some content that is "nsfw"? Just noting that this Is posted in the adult groups after all ;P