Looking to start a WoD Vampire: The Masquerade game.

Started by Vampyre Valkyrie, July 21, 2013, 10:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

I'll probably use my Malk.

20th Anniversary just has some errata to patch a few things up and the like.

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/94815/Vampire-The-Masquerade-20th-Anniversary-Edition

Also means that everything is within a single book instead of having dozens of books that a ST has to know.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: AndyZ on July 23, 2013, 08:10:21 PM
I'll probably use my Malk.

20th Anniversary just has some errata to patch a few things up and the like.

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/94815/Vampire-The-Masquerade-20th-Anniversary-Edition

Also means that everything is within a single book instead of having dozens of books that a ST has to know.
Yay more Malks! I'm suprised I haven't had more people ask to be toreadore or brujah....I'm never suprised when no one asks about ventrue or nos. Hell my Ventrue hated being a Ventrue. She spent most of her time with a Brujah Anarch who had Serpentis because he'd "converted" to Follower of Set LOL. And you all will meet my Nos soon enough.

I'll see about getting a pdf of that in a few days. Kind of broke at the moment so I can't just order it :) Currently the only book I have access to is the Laws of the Night from Mind's Eye Theater because I can't find my external hard drive. Once I have that back I'll have all the old whitewolf books.
“Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time."

|

AndyZ

KK.  I'll hold off on the sheet until we know which version to use, then.

Amanda proved herself very different from most at a young age when she proved herself the heroine of the school, a princess of true worth and value, by burning down the elementary school while the principal was trapped inside.

They tried to convince her that she did the wrong thing, but she knew how necessary it was.  He was a monster, she tried to explain, but they thought that she was just making it all up.  They seemed to think that she liked hurting him.  Of course she didn't, but you couldn't let someone like that just keep hurting people.  Even in the stories where the knight killed the dragon, it was because the dragon was evil.

To her young mind, it was all so simple, but no one can hold a belief forever in the face of continued effort to change her.  The older she got, the less sure she was, even as they kept her trapped in the asylum.

It was so lonely, but after a long time, friends came to visit her.  At first, they were the characters from the stories, telling her that she was a good girl and not a monster like some of the nurses liked to say.  After a while, she was able to make her own friends, and she was never lonely again.

She was all grown up but still living in the Asylum when Daddy came.  He offered to take her away from this nightmare, to accept freedom once more and enjoy her existence.  She wouldn't even have to leave any of her friends behind.  He told her what a good girl she was and how proud he was of her, that she understood that killing was never a good thing but sometimes it was necessary.  He explained how most people could never come to terms with that, either being too willing or unwilling to kill, and her understanding made her special.

Before the aliens came, she was trying to make friends with the other Kindred, but many of them seemed frightened of her.  A few treated her far too kindly, but that always made her very happy.  Thankfully, now she's old enough that she doesn't need to burn places down in order to fight the monsters.  Now she has a gun, and she'll prove to Daddy that he should always be proud of her.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Vampyre Valkyrie

|

Etah dna Evol

I'm out until next Tuesday, but I would love to rock a city Gangrel.
- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Etah dna Evol on July 23, 2013, 10:56:14 PM
I'm out until next Tuesday, but I would love to rock a city Gangrel.
*Hugs* Yay Gangrel! I approve :)

|

Robelwell202

*sighs*  I'm gonna have to start working on my 'Elitist Bastard' attitude, for my character to work.

(MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!)   <--- obligatory Diabolical Laughter.  (As required by my contract.)
Mal:  "Define 'interesting'."
Wash:  "Oh God, Oh God, we're all going to die?"

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Snickerz

Quote from: Robelwell202 on July 23, 2013, 11:24:50 PM
*sighs*  I'm gonna have to start working on my 'Elitist Bastard' attitude, for my character to work.
(MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!)   <--- obligatory Diabolical Laughter.  (As required by my contract.)

*raises eyebrow*
Yeah... You become a bastard and I'll become the queen of space.... Good luck with that. ;)

Athos

I'm signing on as interested. Haven't played VtM in years, so I'm probably going to be a little rusty and I don't know what I'm going to play yet. Probably a Brujah, or maybe I'll revive my old Ventrue or something...who knows?

Current roleplay status:  Looking for new stories.

"Weep," said Athos, "Weep, heart full of love, youth and life! Alas, I would I could weep like you!"

RubySlippers

ERSBETE CARPATHI

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Character Sheet
Name: Ersbete Carpathi
Player: Rubyslippers
Chronicle: tbd
Nature: Bon Vivant
Demeanor: Bon Vivant
Concept: Hammer Film Vamp Hottie
Clan: Caitiff
Generation: 15th
Sire: Unknown

ATTRIBUTES
PHYSICAL
Strength  3 Dots
Dexterity  3 Dots
Stamina  3 Dots
SOCIAL
Charisma  Specialty: Alluring 4 Dots
Manipulation  2 Dots
Appearance  Specialty: Bewitching 4 Dots
MENTAL
Perception  2 Dots
Intelligence  2 Dots
Wits  2 Dots

ABILITIES 
TALENTS
Alertness  1 Dot
Athletics  1 Dot
Awareness  1 Dot
Brawl  3 Dots
Empathy  1 Dot
Expression  2 Dots
Intimidation  1 Dot
Streetwise  2 Dots
Subterfuge  1 Dot
SKILLS
Drive  1 Dot
Etiquette  1 Dot
Firearms  1 Dot
Melee  2 Dots
Performance sensual body language 2 Dots
Stealth  2 Dots
KNOWLEDGES
Academics  1 Dot
Computer  1 Dot
Finance  1 Dot
Occult  1 Dot
Technology  1 Dot

ADVANTAGES
DISCIPLINES
Fortitude  1 Dot
Potence  1 Dot
Presence  1 Dot
BACKGROUNDS
Alternate ID medical records - Porphyria  2 Dots
Fame blood doll subculture  1 Dot
Haven trendy loft  1 Dot
Herd blood dolls  5 Dots
Resources  4 Dots
VIRTUES
Conscience  3 Dots
Self-Control  4 Dots
Courage  5 Dots

MERITS
Blush of Health  2 pts.
Code of Honor (the six traditions)  2 pts.
Inoffensive to Animals  1 pt.

FLAWS
Fifteenth Generation  4 pts.
Phobia (heights)  2 pts.
Tic/Twitch (play with jewelry)  1 pt.

HUMANITY  7
WILLPOWER  5
BLOOD POOL  10 (8)

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: RubySlippers on July 23, 2013, 11:55:53 PM
ERSBETE CARPATHI

Character Sheet
Name: Ersbete Carpathi
Player: Rubyslippers
Chronicle: tbd
Nature: Bon Vivant
Demeanor: Bon Vivant
Concept: Hammer Film Vamp Hottie
Clan: Caitiff
Generation: 15th
Sire: Unknown

ATTRIBUTES
PHYSICAL
Strength  3 Dots
Dexterity  3 Dots
Stamina  3 Dots
SOCIAL
Charisma  Specialty: Alluring 4 Dots
Manipulation  2 Dots
Appearance  Specialty: Bewitching 4 Dots
MENTAL
Perception  2 Dots
Intelligence  2 Dots
Wits  2 Dots

ABILITIES 
TALENTS
Alertness  1 Dot
Athletics  1 Dot
Awareness  1 Dot
Brawl  3 Dots
Empathy  1 Dot
Expression  2 Dots
Intimidation  1 Dot
Streetwise  2 Dots
Subterfuge  1 Dot
SKILLS
Drive  1 Dot
Etiquette  1 Dot
Firearms  1 Dot
Melee  2 Dots
Performance sensual body language 2 Dots
Stealth  2 Dots
KNOWLEDGES
Academics  1 Dot
Computer  1 Dot
Finance  1 Dot
Occult  1 Dot
Technology  1 Dot

ADVANTAGES
DISCIPLINES
Fortitude  1 Dot
Potence  1 Dot
Presence  1 Dot
BACKGROUNDS
Alternate ID medical records - Porphyria  2 Dots
Herd blood dolls 4 Dots
Resources  4 Dots
VIRTUES
Conscience  3 Dots
Self-Control  4 Dots
Courage  5 Dots

MERITS
Deceptive Aura  2 pts.
Early Riser  1 pt.
Enchanting Voice  2 pts.
Light Sleeper  2 pts.

FLAWS
Addiction (marijuana)  2 pts.
Fifteenth Generation  4 pts.
Tic/Twitch (play with ring)  1 pt.

HUMANITY  7
WILLPOWER  5
BLOOD POOL  10 (8)

I like it so far, and I may actually steel your character sheet format...Though that is just a maybe. I'm not sure that is how I'm going to have the sheets written up yet.

|

RubySlippers

Well I like keeping a sheet simple and organized online lots of clutter is unappealing.

Imogen

I'm afraid I have to bow out. Wish you guys best of luck with the game!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Imogen on July 24, 2013, 10:13:02 AM
I'm afraid I have to bow out. Wish you guys best of luck with the game!
Sorry, hope it's not due to my not having things up yet. Hate to see you go. Goodluck with your other games.

|

Silk

I'd like to put down interest, going to decide which clan and such in the morning

Thesunmaid

Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: working on them Current Status for RP:Tentatively looking

Ixy

Quote from: Vampyre Valkyrie on July 21, 2013, 07:32:34 PM
I'm not sure if I understand the term "sandbox." You might have to explain that one to me. The setting will be modern and a melting pot of cultures. I've not decided what the location will be.

As far as political landscape I'm assuming you mean sects. I'm going to be taking Camerilla, Independent, and Anarch. Any Sabbat will be NPC's for plot at this point in time.

A 'sandbox' game is one where the players do all the creation... I should have been more specific, because what I meant was that I would like there to be structure to the game-- some kind of story-arc rather than all the story being character-driven.  I think that character-driven plots are often great, but my experience with Masquerade online has always been really disappointing.  For instance, all the 'rare' character types are claimed or disallowed, leaving big gaps in the Cam 7, where much story interaction/development comes from clan politics. 

By 'political landscape', I was wondering if our characters would need to be worried about specific things-- is the Sabbat presence strong in a Cam city, or will the Cam be grossly outgunned and be snacky treats?  Is the prince very conservative, old, violent, weak/strong vs. the Primogen council?  Are there important elders we need to know about to not cross/make friends with/etc.

Do you think it'd be possible for me to play the childe of either an elder/ancillae NPC or, possibly, a PC with a specific scenario in mind?  I'd like the sire to be a generally respectable character (prestigious sire) of either an Indy clan or with really, really good connections-- I'm not interested in the character getting any political power out of it, just being able to go on a "mission"-- to collect stories from the other PCs, much like some of the narrators have in various clan books in NWoD and OWoD.  Her role would be to record their stories, visit as their guest (with no guarantee of her safety), and hopefully live long enough to compile them into an encyclopedic format.

Her sire, or grandsire, could have arranged the entire thing with boons as a simple act of her education, and plans on burning her only copy of the notes the moment she returns home-- either simply so the neonate would learn of her 'kind', or to test her courage, or as a sadistic amusement, or so s/he can "download" her knowledge via telepathy/dominate for his/her own benefit.

I see this character as either a Toreador, a Malkavian, a Nosferatu, a Giovanni, or a Brujah.  I'm definitely not married to any specific character traits, just really interested in the notion.  It would let the players I interact with go into great detail for their backgrounds/histories, their havens or property holdings for ambience and setting, their character's quirks and kinks-- nobody is more themselves than when 'in their element'.

Would this work?

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Ixy on July 24, 2013, 06:36:52 PM
A 'sandbox' game is one where the players do all the creation... I should have been more specific, because what I meant was that I would like there to be structure to the game-- some kind of story-arc rather than all the story being character-driven.  I think that character-driven plots are often great, but my experience with Masquerade online has always been really disappointing.  For instance, all the 'rare' character types are claimed or disallowed, leaving big gaps in the Cam 7, where much story interaction/development comes from clan politics. 

By 'political landscape', I was wondering if our characters would need to be worried about specific things-- is the Sabbat presence strong in a Cam city, or will the Cam be grossly outgunned and be snacky treats?  Is the prince very conservative, old, violent, weak/strong vs. the Primogen council?  Are there important elders we need to know about to not cross/make friends with/etc.

Do you think it'd be possible for me to play the childe of either an elder/ancillae NPC or, possibly, a PC with a specific scenario in mind?  I'd like the sire to be a generally respectable character (prestigious sire) of either an Indy clan or with really, really good connections-- I'm not interested in the character getting any political power out of it, just being able to go on a "mission"-- to collect stories from the other PCs, much like some of the narrators have in various clan books in NWoD and OWoD.  Her role would be to record their stories, visit as their guest (with no guarantee of her safety), and hopefully live long enough to compile them into an encyclopedic format.

Her sire, or grandsire, could have arranged the entire thing with boons as a simple act of her education, and plans on burning her only copy of the notes the moment she returns home-- either simply so the neonate would learn of her 'kind', or to test her courage, or as a sadistic amusement, or so s/he can "download" her knowledge via telepathy/dominate for his/her own benefit.

I see this character as either a Toreador, a Malkavian, a Nosferatu, a Giovanni, or a Brujah.  I'm definitely not married to any specific character traits, just really interested in the notion.  It would let the players I interact with go into great detail for their backgrounds/histories, their havens or property holdings for ambience and setting, their character's quirks and kinks-- nobody is more themselves than when 'in their element'.

Would this work?

I'll look over this a little bit more in depth on either Thursday or Friday and PM you back :)

|

RubySlippers

By the way if the Nos need a face to do things for them my character wouldn't mind, I mean the clan, in return for their patronage. If their Primogen openly said she was under the clans auspices most Kindred would fuck with her. And at least they tend to be decent to Kindred they like.

Kolbrandr

For what it's worth, I'm looking at making something for one of the core Camarilla clans, it's just pending what the outlines for character creation, and a bit more on the specific setting premise are going to be. I would, as far as it goes, prefer something that has some room for character initiative and agenda shaping things and all.

Archer2112

I am interested as well and would like to express my interest in playing a Brujah
Duty is heavy as a mountain, death is light as a feather ~ Robert Jordan

Well, now that we have seen each other, if you’ll believe in me, I’ll believe in you. Is that a bargain?’ ~ Lewis Carroll

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: RubySlippers on July 24, 2013, 07:01:25 PM
By the way if the Nos need a face to do things for them my character wouldn't mind, I mean the clan, in return for their patronage. If their Primogen openly said she was under the clans auspices most Kindred would fuck with her. And at least they tend to be decent to Kindred they like.
The Nos primogen is actually set to be my only PC for the time being (she's the prince's grandchilder.) She is more face then most nos as her stats are mental, social, then physical. However, with what you said about clan patronage I can say the following, clan Nos tends to be accepting of everyone :) So I'm pretty sure you'll have an in :) We can talk about it more via pm or a messenger if you'd like.

Quote from: Kolbrandr on July 24, 2013, 07:17:02 PM
For what it's worth, I'm looking at making something for one of the core Camarilla clans, it's just pending what the outlines for character creation, and a bit more on the specific setting premise are going to be. I would, as far as it goes, prefer something that has some room for character initiative and agenda shaping things and all.
Huzzah for Core Cam clans! I'll get those outlines up soon. Most likely Friday. This week has been one tremindous mind fuck on my end of things IRL. I'm honestly lucky I've been able to get away long enough to check into things on here. That will all be changing soon though, and my ~E~ schedual will be back to normal :) If you don't mind sending me a PM or posting here and explaining a bit more what you mean by character initiative and agenda shaping I'll get back to you sometime tomarrow. I'm just trying to make sure everyone who is interested is happy, and trying to take all things into consideration when coming up with my final format for the game.

Quote from: Archer2112 on July 24, 2013, 09:58:33 PM
I am interested as well and would like to express my interest in playing a Brujah
Noted! Was wondering when someone was going to call Brujah :)

Notice: Tomorrow (Thursday July 25th) I will be extremely busy during the day. My hope is that I can be on in the early morning to answer any and all questions I've gotten by that time. Towards the late morning/afternoon I'll most likely be gone for the rest of the day.

|

Jezabelle

Color me interested to play a Malkavian! My knowledge of the series comes largely from the Troikia RPG but the White Wolf Wiki exists so I think I can put a character together myself…

Will post sometime tomorrow, really happy to see some VtM!

Vampyre Valkyrie

Yay Malkies!

I'm loggin for the evening now...Still have to finish up some of my RL bs before everything is back to normal on my end....I'll get back to my normal ~E~ schedual tomarrow. Then if the fates allow it I'll be on full time this weekend (as I may go visit my grandmother with just me and my son.) Not sure about that last bit though.

|