A DC comics game

Started by indarkestknight, June 13, 2006, 01:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swedish Steel

My detective skills tells me it must be the powerfull and mysterious being called the GM.
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

indarkestknight

Yes, and the creatures you will fight will be in search of some legendary item of power known only as "Ex-pee."

Bishrook aka Fate sisters

Mary Marvel then it is. I will do some research at Wikpeadia and the web on her and then PM you a proposal. I think I have  in my collection all of the DC title of Shazam from a bit back so I'll look for that as well.
Sometime DC's story lines suck,,,,Marvel/Billy was a great character.
I know a fair amount about Marvel Jr and will collect some material on him if I can for use by the GM or another.
(If the GM still wants to halve Mary's power)
+++
Searching for ex-pee. OMG is it possible in a freeform game? (or are we going to use a homebrew)
PS: GM...I have in files a copy of Mutant and master minds as well as the really spiffy Truth and Justice game. I'll happily transfer it to you if you like.
Having said that I really love freeform with the GM calling the shots.
Steph
Weaver of threads
 Clotho who spins,Lachesis who weaves Atopos who cuts
We are the fate sisters, the Moerae, who apportion your destiny.
ons and offs
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=7310.0

indarkestknight

I'd prefer we freeform this one, just because it allows the players to use their powers in more creative ways.

And the XP thing is a joke I like to use in D&D games when I pit the players against some munchkin build I find on the net that can throw the moon at the earth.  ;) I find it amuses me greatly.

And, no, I'm not forcing her powers to be halved. I was just saying that, if the Marvels were on the same team, it would be likely that they'd use their powers at the same time. Which, it seems, won't be a problem anyway.

Still, I'd like to look the systems over, if you'd be so kind.

Swedish Steel

I just noticed something. If I were to play Ollie, wich I'm pretty excited about, I would now be the mayor of Star City? And I would be good enough to defeat Deathstroke? Daaaamn.
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

Ajoxer

Hmmmm... Let me pontificate...

Steel! Or possibly Captain Atom.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Vice

Quote from: Glabrezubane on June 13, 2006, 01:45:50 PM
After the whole "Infinite Crisis" and "One Year Later" deals.

And good choice. In the Obsidian Age, Batman picked Ollie for the team, too.  ;D
You kinda had me until that point.

The DCU is dead to me after Infinite Crisis.  :(

indarkestknight

Quote from: Vice on June 14, 2006, 10:38:08 PM
You kinda had me until that point.

The DCU is dead to me after Infinite Crisis.  :(

Care to extrapolate?

Bishrook aka Fate sisters

You said Still, I'd like to look the systems over, if you'd be so kind.

They are both PDF documents and I will gladly transfer them to you by sending the files via IM transfer.
My IM's are
AIM-- bishrookist
Msn-bishrook
Yahoo-bishrook
I am am on the first two afair amount of time onm any given evening.
Yahoo is rarely on but we can arrange something.

(You might also look at RISIS for a simple game system A free download is available on this website. This system is simple and easy to use with a eight page rules booklet.

http://www222.pair.com/sjohn/risus.htm

Having said all that I prefer Freeform for exactly tyhe reasons you do...it allows players more fexibility and creativity.
Steph
Weaver of threads
 Clotho who spins,Lachesis who weaves Atopos who cuts
We are the fate sisters, the Moerae, who apportion your destiny.
ons and offs
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=7310.0

Rayve13

Alright, here's the short list of possible characters for me. Comments welcome:

- Vixen: able to take on the abilities of any natural animal via a magic talisman.
- The Demon: Jason Blood is able to become the demon Etrigan, who is immensely powerful. I would only use him if we rewound continuity a bit to restore Merlin's spell that forces Etrigan to not be evil.
- Captain Boomerang II: Son of the original, currently working for the Outsiders. In addition to several trick boomerangs, is able to use super speed for short bursts. Would be sort of an apprentance to Ollie, I imagine.
- Knockout: Super strong and durable lesbian, lover of Vandal Savage's daughter, high powered mercenary with the Secret Six currently.
- Ragman: Part of the Shadowpact, absorbs the souls of sinner into his coat of rags. Can use their strength, speed, and any natural abilities as his own, and uses them to heal damage in exchange for redemption.
- Mr. Terrific II: Genius, undetectable by technology, Olympic athelete, current leader of the JSA and white bishop in Checkmate.
- Sand: Able to turn his body into sand and has limited control of earth elements.

indarkestknight

Comments:

V- okay.
Etrigan- Blood is, in his own right, a potent sorcerer, as seen in the Obsidian Age, who can summon forth the Demon within, but only does so in dire need. Note that even without Etrigan, Blood is quite powerful... and, apparently, quite well hung.
CB II- okay.
Knockout- dead, not lesbian, but bi- slept with the now-dead Superboy.
Ragman- okay.
Mr. Terrific II- okay, but be aware, Checkmate-status means he will have responsibilities that go above and beyond any responsibilities as part of the new JLA.
Sand- okay.

Rayve13

Knockout's not dead. Or if she is, it just happened this month, since she's been in the last two issues of Secret Six as Scandal's lover. But I'll certainly go with the bi thing. I'd forgotten about Sueprboy.

And Blood minus Etrigan's just not as much fun  ;D

indarkestknight

He's got Etrigan... it's just a gambit.

And she did. Presumably. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knockout_%28comics%29 A bomb in your skin will do that.

Rayve13

Yeah, I forgot about the last issue of Secret Six. My fault there, read it awhile ago. Though, to be fair, I'm willing to bet she'll be back; she's damn tough. Just out for awhile so Scandal will feel motivated.

indarkestknight

Probably. But for now, I'd rather she not be an option until it's confirmed. I hope you don't mind too terribly?

RubySlippers

Lets go back to the golden age of comics her for some ideas-

1. Phantom AKA Phantom Girl AKA Phantom Woman.

2. Merry, Girl of 1000 Gimmicks

3. Rima the Jungle Girl

4. Liberty Belle (either version from WWII or later heroine)

and not so old-

5. Arrowette

6. Katana

7. Mia Dearson

indarkestknight

Quote from: RubySlippers on June 15, 2006, 09:56:45 PM
Lets go back to the golden age of comics her for some ideas-

1. Phantom AKA Phantom Girl AKA Phantom Woman.

2. Merry, Girl of 1000 Gimmicks

3. Rima the Jungle Girl

4. Liberty Belle (either version from WWII or later heroine)

and not so old-

5. Arrowette

6. Katana

7. Mia Dearson

The latter 3 would be preferable, as they seem more likely to be able to work. Note: The conflicts in this will likely roar across more than just Earth, and since Liberty Belle's powers are directly linked to the Liberty Bell, she seems a tad unpractical. Also, apparently there's a new Phantom Woman- see the Wikipedia article. Apparently, little has been revealed about her character, so, if you decide to use her, you've got a lot of playing room.

RubySlippers

Phantom Woman III it is. I will give her the classic Black Ray Technology updated to the 21st Century in a micro-holoprojection "web" in her costume and the goggles so she can see the device now able to fool modern technology. And some added powers: Regeneration, Extraordinary Physical Capability (better than a Olympic Class Athelete in any sport so will be stronger and faster and more agile than any normal human but not have SUPER strength) and Limited Shapechange (the costume will have a nanite feature than cover her adding both light armor that matches her skin able to protect from normal bullets and the like fairly well among other attacks and lets her alter her appearance if of roughly the same height and build- a voice alteration device added into the costume ~got this from Terminator II and III).

So will have-
1. Project Darkness
2. Trained by Phantom Woman II and is a Brilliant Inventor and Mechanic.
3. Become Invisible (including vs. Technological Devices)
4. Low Level Regeneration (not like Wolverine but can heal would faster than any human could by far just takes some extra time)
5. Paranatural Physical Capability (on par with Bataman but a mutant power)
6. Liquid Skin (have fun can place then in the bondice of her costume when not in use)
# Invisible Body Armor (protective as energy and elemental resistant Kevlar)
# Disguise

There that is a pretty respectable heroine some powers are off her advanced technology and some she was born with all in a sexy package will favor the barely there costumes of her predecessors. Add to that training so assuming like her previous incarnations she is a formidable unarmed fighter as she was trained by Phantom Woman II with espionage training and the like and a natural inventive streak hence her new use of older technology (and new technology). For a hook she will be the cousin of Bruce Wayne and not knowing he is the Batman but since her cousin disappeared decided to dig around. Well has to get it from somewhere lol.

Vice

Quote from: Glabrezubane on June 14, 2006, 11:40:27 PM
Care to extrapolate?

Infinite Crisis was poorly-conceived, many of the characters were badly written, and they've used it as an excuse to turn my favorite characters into something you couldn't pay me to read.

indarkestknight

Checking the article, I think most of that would fall under 'bending reality,' which is, apparently, what her wristbands can now do. However, I'd impose the limit that without her gadgets, she's just a normal human, albeit with excellent martial training.

indarkestknight

Quote from: Vice on June 16, 2006, 10:35:52 AM
Infinite Crisis was poorly-conceived, many of the characters were badly written, and they've used it as an excuse to turn my favorite characters into something you couldn't pay me to read.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I feel it safest to stick to continuity. However, if there are specifics that you'd like to work out with me, I'm open to seeing what I can do to accomodate you.

RubySlippers

I have a great idea why not make up ORIGINAL heroes or at least the "children or protege' of" a hero so if I ran Merry, Girl of 1000 Gimmicks it would be with MODERN technology available to heroic sorts. You know the granddaughter of the original Merry. Same could work for any even Liberty Belle after all her son shared the powers of both parents its possible a grandchild could have powers. Same for almost any heroine. Would be more fun then playing a Canon character.

Take Merry if you include contemporary science, alien science and engineering and such she could have some awesome devices from fly sized spy cameras to "some gadget she made a few years ago that is perfect to counter (insert villian)". Her schtick would be she happens to have just the right device for just the right time pulled from her cape or costume. Besides having the normal martial arts training, some detective skills, a special vehicle and be wealthy from inventing things.

After all lots and lots of heroes follow their family footsteps, same for villians. Not to mention protege' like Robin that became Nightwing.

indarkestknight

That can work, too, but the characters will need to be approved. For instance, Merry's kid would need the sponsorship of an elder member of the current superhero community, and I'd also have to approve most of the gadgets.

RubySlippers

Well many would be normal like tracking tracers that have magnets on them, armor from normal materials, various weapons and the like. Her only power will be Superintelligence (not so much basic IQ but creativity and ability to think OUTSIDE the box). But she can get lots of inspiration Tarantula an early hero had webguns and suction cups that let him scale walls like she couuldn't copy the devices for her own use. Well before Spiderman was even thought of. So I'll either take a hero she likes that is around and adapt his or her gadgets to the 21st century or do an original concept inspired by an ancestor like Merry.

I'm not going for a high powered heroine hell Bataman if well prepared could beat anyone even Superman and he's a normal man with gadgets and training.  ;)

indarkestknight

Quote from: RubySlippers on June 16, 2006, 01:33:15 PM
Well many would be normal like tracking tracers that have magnets on them, armor from normal materials, various weapons and the like. Her only power will be Superintelligence (not so much basic IQ but creativity and ability to think OUTSIDE the box). But she can get lots of inspiration Tarantula an early hero had webguns and suction cups that let him scale walls like she couuldn't copy the devices for her own use. Well before Spiderman was even thought of. So I'll either take a hero she likes that is around and adapt his or her gadgets to the 21st century or do an original concept inspired by an ancestor like Merry.

I'm not going for a high powered heroine hell Bataman if well prepared could beat anyone even Superman and he's a normal man with gadgets and training.  ;)

Gadgets, yes, but gadgets coming out the wazoo. If you read Tower of Babel, you know the lengths to which he went to invent those weapons for taking down the JLA, and, quite simply, they must have cost a boatload.  ;D I mean, a bullet that induces seizures at lightspeed?

Flash: There were days on end when I just prayed and prayed that I would die...

Wonder Woman (I think): Uh... Wally?

Flash: Yeah? ... Wait. How long was I out?

Martian Manhunter: Thirty-two minutes.

Flash: ...