Power Rangers [Recruitment Thread - Really Need 1 Female Ranger!!!!!]

Started by Dark Deception, September 04, 2011, 10:34:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Deception

The Idea

I keep the front page constantly updated so if this thread says "Now Accepting" or "Still Accepting" we're still accepting applications. If the thread says "Closed" then we're no longer accepting applications.

I was inspired to do a RP based on this franchise by a piece of media that was entirely unrelated: Tron. I enjoyed Power Rangers when I was younger, especially, the unforgettable Mighty Morphin’ series, and I wanted to bring it back, but in a more bad-ass fashion. So please be sure to thoroughly read this RP, and if you have any questions after, make sure you deposit them in this thread so that if others have the same questions, then they can see my answer.

My Role as a GM

I am not new to GMing at all. I have been a GM forever, so when I come up with ideas, they more than likely will have a beginning, middle, and an end, and there will never be those long pauses where the RP is trying to decide on what to do next. As the GM, I have the right to accept and exclude all applications to this RP. What I need in order to run this role play successfully are players with a creative imagination. I can guide this RP, I can move the story line, but it is primarily you, who ensures the survival of this role playing game.

Your Role as a Player

As you participate as a ranger in this RP, you will be required to know your character. I have seen too many incidents where people just create characters that they have no feel for whatsoever. Especially, when you have to figure out what your character would do in certain situations. You should know what they would do and shouldn’t have to ask others or advertise your confusion in the OOC. So, please, know your character. Do not create something that you don’t think you can role play.

By knowing your character, you will grow to love your character, and thus be able to talk more about his or her social and domestic life. What I want from you when it comes time for character creation, is a person from any occupation. I do not want a bunch of pure military buffs running around in this RP. I do not recommend it because then it will require you to role play the military, and if you want that job instead of leaving it up to me, the GM, and would want to role play your character as well as the military in all situations of the RP, then feel free. Just let me know. If not, then don’t make a military character because chances are, he or she will still be involved in it, even after abduction (it’s not good for player to player interaction).

I will only be accepting six characters: three males (technically 2) and three females BUT players who are interested in this game are allowed to submit as many applications as they want. I will only be choosing six applications (three male (technically 2) and three female characters) that I feel bring a certain flavor to the game. If your application isn’t accepted, do not feel bad or forget about this game. Your application will be several things: 1) If a player bails out of the game, then you could easily replace them and 2) I have in the past added two new rangers to the team, and so if you’re still interested, your profile may be accepted as one of the new rangers. Also, depending on how good the profiles are, I may just allow more than six but not too many because having too many participants can ruin a game also.

Color: I have a limit on the color of the uniforms. If someone chooses blue, and then someone chooses navy-blue, I’m going to ask the person who just wrote “blue” as a color to specify whether it is dark or light blue because if he or she says dark blue, then I’m going to tell her or him to change their color. We’re not going to have two players with the same exact color. Also, you are not required to have the same colors as the original power rangers. You can have whatever color you want (yes, this means purple, orange, indigo, etc).

Your characters will be no younger than 18, so 18+ is permitted here. The site says 16+ but I’m allowing 18+. 16 is just too young to me.

Communication: Please, please, please, if you are going to be absent for any reason, let me know. You don’t have to tell me what the reason is exactly because that is your business, but just tell me you’ll be gone for this amount of days or weeks and I can cover for you until you return. Yes, the GM can cover for you. So there is no reason for people to say: “Aw shucks, I’m going on a two week vacation and I’m going to hold the game back. Let me just go ahead and quit.” I can work around your absence and give you an update of all that has happened in the RP upon your return. But just please communicate with me because if you’re absent for seven days without leave, then I will replace you with one of the players who didn’t get their application accepted at the beginning.

So let’s dive into the RP shall we?

Power Rangers

The Setting

The city that all players will be a resident of is Angel Grove. Angel Grove in this RP is a modern/futuristic mix of robotic technology, A.I., neon lights, flashy-flashy, billboard-blazing pot of advanced technology. I will allow most things you come up with to describe the technology in this city, so feel free to paint your own picture. I am not going to write a huge and elaborate description of this city because then that will make you have to read more and memorize stuff. So yes, Angel Grove is a metropolis. Anything you want that you think will be in a typical city can exist in Angel Grove, and as you create places, say you come up with names for coffee shops, bars, night clubs, etc. I will be adding those names to the IC post to keep players up to date of what exists. So everyone will be creating this city that is Angel Grove.

Angel Grove is a fictional city that I will place in the United States, so if you wish to have a character that is of foreign origin, you can do so. The RP will take place in the Spring of 2080. You can treat this as a modern and every day setting when you start out, and feel free to go a bit wild with the technology, but don’t forget that this is not a purely futuristic RP.

The Plot

In a nutshell…Once upon a time, there was a great war between two alien races: the Nova and the Morphos. The Nova are a race of machines and advanced AI, and the Morphos are a mixture between plant and animal with ever-changing forms that can mimic other life forms. The Nova became overwhelmed in the battle for dominance by the Morphos and fled across the galaxy with the Morphian military hot on their trail. It was when they entered a particular galaxy where the only sign of life existed on a little, blue planet that the Nova sought to hide from their pursuers. Fearing that one day the Morphos will discover them, the Nova devised a plan of defense. After studying the planet and the beings called Humans, the Nova desperately began collecting these Humans for the sole purpose of turning them into super weapons that would not only be able to defend them but their planet.

Act 1: The Beginning – [Completed]

Act 2: Rangers Unite - [Completed]

Act 3: Training Day - [Pending completion]

The battle with the monster known as Freak was a failure and a disaster. Lacking cohesion and experience, the monster made short work of the team and with the death of a fellow teammate, the rangers were reminded of how serious their role in defending the Earth is. Freak has mysteriously vanished. Scars, mental and physical, were left in its wake. A new ranger will be joining the team, and each ranger will undergo intense training, but will this amend their disorder?

The Rangers

The Device

At the beginning of the role play, your characters will congregate together and be enlightened by the Nova of their new duties. Your characters will receive a morpher that can conveniently wrap about the wrist or be stored into your pocket. That device will be what allows you to transform into, indeed, the super weapon that is the Power Ranger. It is also a device that can allow you to communicate with other players in times of emergency or even to seek information about anything from home base.

Function: Now, I want everyone to be able to use it the same way, so I’m going to state here how you will activate it. It works like a puzzle. If you pull it apart, twist its sides like a rubix cube, and snap it back together, depending on the combination, you will become the PR. Later in the RP, your characters may receive new combinations that link to a stronger form of battle armor. How your armor materializes onto your character’s body is entirely up to you. I was thinking that it pieces together all digitalized and stuff. But, entirely up to you.

Device Appearance: It’s five-inches long, metallic black, and it’s in the shape of a three-dimensional, diamond shard. In its center is a glowing ball of light that is its power core, and it responds to your characters touch. This device strangely, no matter which way you pull it apart and twist its parts, it’ll always merge back together in the same shape.

Your characters will not know how to use the device at first, but I’m sure they’ll figure it out on accident (tinkering with it). Understand though that human beings should not be allowed to see your character’s powers. Your characters are like super heroes, so keep it under wraps.

The Armor

The armor can look any way you so choose. I was thinking more along the lines of tight-fit, but not like spandex—just not bulky that you’ll look like a walking Gundam. The armor is basically resistant to conventional weapons crafted by Humans. The armor being resistant to a nuclear explosion is another story, and I don’t think that’ll ever happen lol. The armor is there to provide resistance to the alien weapons of the Morphos. Like Kevlar, it is not perfect if you are being bombarded by an alien turret or explosives, so please be careful. The armor becomes almost symbiotic with your character in that it gives him or her enhanced physical and mental prowess. When donning the armor, the morpher is no longer necessary for communication as you all will be able to communicate with each other telepathically.

The Weapons

You will be allowed a primary, secondary, and ranged weapon. Your primary can be either melee or ranged. Your secondary can also be either melee or ranged—whatever you decide. You might have a character that is all about the guns, or a character that is strictly all about the blades, or you’ll have a combination of either. The weapons must be an actual weapon. I will not allow people who try to say: my primary weapon is a sword that turns into a bo staff, and then into a spear. No. Those are three different weapons. That won’t be permitted.

I will permit characters to carry explosives and other miscellaneous items such as power cells for the ranged weapons. I can’t think of any other miscellaneous at the moment.

x Primary
x Secondary
x Ranged
x Miscellaneous

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

Dark Deception

Job Positions

Leader/Commander: This position requires a character that is a natural-born leader. This character has the charisma to lead the team and make logical decisions for the team’s survival when taking command of the Deus. I, the GM, will be participating in this game under this position to assist in guiding the game. If someone really was hoping to have this position, then just PM me. We can talk about it. [1]

Intelligence: This position requires a very logical character. Someone good at analyzing the enemy. They will be given a PDA-like device to help him or her keep track of the information he or she comes across whether classified or unclassified. The machine is capable of hacking most terminals as well as scanning substances and relaying to the user what that substance is. Intelligence can pinpoint the enemy’s weak point and ensure its destruction. [1/1]

Medic: The Medic is responsible for healing injured rangers. The healing abilities of the medic don’t require immediate restoration, depending on how badly wounded the player is, it may take a certain amount of turns before that ranger is back on his or her feet. It is the medic’s job to ensure that all rangers are physically capable to perform their duties, and also the medic is one of the most protected job classes. If the medic is ever lost, then chances are, the rangers will lose when it comes time for scenario/missions. [1/1]

Stealth: This is the special forces position. It is a position comparable to that of a ninja. Their duty is to secretly infiltrate enemy bases to gather intelligence for “intelligence” and acquire anything that may inform the rangers of what the enemy is doing or planning to do. It is a very dangerous job that if the ranger’s presence is ever discovered while behind enemy lines, he or she may become a POW, tortured, or even killed. In basic combat, the stealth will take on a secretive position such as the sniper. He or she will be responsible for picking off the enemy at a distance or if the enemy is ever camping somewhere, and the rangers can’t advance, he or she is responsible for breaching the camp and taking them down. [1/1]

Demo: The Demo is responsible for blowing up enemy infrastructures and they also specialize in eliminating enemy walkers (tanks). The demo is also responsible for eliminating mass clusters of the enemy through explosive bombardment. So, generally, the demo is exactly that, the demo, specializing in crowd control, RPGs, grenades, C4, and launchers. The Demo can also deactivate explosive devices. This position can eliminate threats of mass destruction that may get several innocents wounded. [1/1]

Infantry: This is the basic and most common role that rangers can have. The infantry are responsible for pushing through the enemy and reaching a means of conclusion to the conflict as quickly, effectively, and with as few casualties as possible. All players are capable of taking the role of infantry, but for those players who do not have a specific job, then their job will be this. Infantry may be required to protect innocents from harm, by ushering them out of harms way before returning to battle. This unit is the front lines and pretty much is the fighting power of the Rangers. [1/1]

Transportation

The Nova mother ship has access to several forms of transportation. It can provide your character with motorcycles, jet packs, cars, boats, etc. Your character will be able to request whatever transport he or she desires to get from A to B as fast as possible. Who knows? Maybe the motorcycle will have jets in it? You are free to customize the vehicle your character summons.

Deus ex Machina

The Mechs

Your character’s mech can be designed any way you want it (meaning it may be just like a transformer and be your primary mode of transportation). However, I will want your mech to be able to shift from a fighter jet mode (doesn’t have to look like a fighter jet, but some mode made for speed and maneuverability) and a battle mode where it may have arms, legs, hands, feet, etc.—whatever you decide to design for your character. The mechs, regardless, will be able to piece together into a deus ex machina for taking out threats that require a bit more work. In that form, you guys will be required to work together to destroy the enemy, so I will have you specify what part of the “deus” is your mech.

Parts of the Deus

There are currently six parts, and if we have more than six rangers sign up, then we can easily create more – and no, it won’t look like an abomination by doing so. As for now, these are the primary parts and their functions.

Head (1): The head is the most important part of the Deus besides the torso. The Leader will be required to keep all other rangers up-to-date on where the enemy is at all times. Not all parts are capable of keeping track of the enemy in a 360 view, but the head is. The Leader will also be responsible for issuing commands to the team on what he or she believes is the best tactic for taking down the enemy. So pretty much, the head is the brains. This part is for the Leader occupation only. [1/1]

Torso (1): The torso is responsible for defensive measures of the Deus. The one in charge of the torso has access to shoulder rockets, frontal beams, and defensive barriers. The torso plays another important role like the head that if the torso were damaged, then the same way if a person is stabbed multiple times, will inhibit the performance of the Deus. [1/1]

Arms (2): The arms are responsible for wielding the weapons of the Deus, whether it be a beam sword or assault rifle, or possibly even hand-to-hand combat/grappling. Their coordination is important for an uncoordinated team is a danger to everyone. [2/2]

Legs (2): The legs are responsible for movement. The movement may require instant evasion through the use of rocket propulsion or a warp mechanism. The legs can also, like the arms, initiate combat through rapid kicks or kneeing. Their coordination is important for an uncoordinated team is a danger to everyone. [2/2]

As a team, I am leaving it up to you guys to discuss a basic layout of all the functions the Deus will be able to perform. Once that is outlined, I will update this section, so that we will all know the artillery the Deus is capable of laying down. I didn't go into this explanation, but the Deus is capable of transforming into a battle ship as well. The battle ship may wind up just being an upgrade for later.

Dark Deception

Finally: The Character Code

Human Portion

[b]Name[/b]: What is your character’s name? It can be full name or just their first name. It doesn’t matter to me. They just need a name.
[b]Alias[/b]: The color ranger you are. You may also add a code name if you want. For example: The Blue Ranger. A code name can be: The Blue Ranger – Frost. Whatever you want.
[b]Age[/b]: 18+
[b]Gender[/b]: Male or Female.
[b]Height[/b]: Self-explanatory.
[b]Weight[/b]: Self-explanatory. Either write the pounds or kilograms since not everyone is from the same country or write both: x lbs. ( x kg) or x kg ( x lbs). Use Google to figure out what’s pounds in kilograms or kilograms to pounds if you don’t know right off the bat.
[b]Visual Appearance[/b]: This is not a requirement. You don’t have to have a picture, but if you aren’t using a picture, then I am expecting a damn good “written appearance” explanation.
[b]Written Appearance[/b]: This is where you write what the picture doesn’t mention. If your character has any tattoos or whatever or acquired any marks or traits after their abduction, you write that here. Hair color, eye color, skin color, physique, tattoos, scars (not from the abduction), etc.
[b]Personality[/b]: Basic personality.
[b]Likes[/b]: What he or she likes.
[b]Dislikes[/b]: What he or she dislikes.
[b]Quirks[/b]: Anything negative or just socially awkward he or she does. Quirks can also be a side-effect of your character’s mutant ability. The side-effect doesn’t have to be negative.
[b]Talents[/b]: Sing, dance, martial arts, cook, burp A,B,Cs, play an instrument, what?
[b]Education[/b]: What is their level of education? Are they currently enrolled in school in pursuit of a high school or college degree or are they finished? If they have a degree then write here in what.
[b]Occupation[/b]: What is your character’s job? Unemployed can also be an option.
[b]Background[/b]: This is really unnecessary unless you think it will help explain your character better or provide something interesting to the reader. It doesn’t have to be long. I’m not expecting a short story. Just a basic background and it doesn’t have to be eventful.

Ranger Portion

[b]Special Ability[/b]: What is your character’s mutant ability? You can only have one.
[b]Primary Weapon[/b]: The primary weapon can be a melee weapon or a projectile. Whatever you decide.
[b]Secondary Weapon[/b]: The secondary weapon can be a melee weapon or a projectile. Whatever you decide.
[b]Ranged Weapon[/b]: This weapon can be dual pistols, an assault rifle, sniper rifle, shotgun, launcher, etc.
[b]Miscellaneous[/b]: If your character uses ranged weapons then please list the amount of Power Cells he or she uses. Also, feel free to designate how many rounds can be fired off before the weapon's power cell needs to be replaced. So, how many rounds per one power cell. Also, you can mention other miscellaneous items like grenades, C4, etc.
[b]Occupation[/b]: Choose one of the jobs listed.

Mech Portion

[b]Visual Appearance[/b]: That is, if you have a pic of it, you can put it here. Be sure to make it a spoiler. (You don't really need a pic)
[b]Schematics[/b]: This is where you decide everything your Mech can do. This may require you to be a bit brainy, but you don’t have to limit yourself to IRL sciences (since this is alien technology), but it does have to be logical.
[b]Weapons[/b]: You can outline the weapons and abilities of your mech here, if they are jumbled up in the schematics explanation.
[b]Part[/b]: What part of the Deus is your Mech?

Example Profile

Human Portion

Name: Dean Evans
Alias: The Gold Ranger [may be acquired in game]
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 225 lbs. (102.3 kg)
Visual Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Written Appearance: The photo explains most except for the natural scars his body retained from fighting. He has pale-brown hair and grey eyes, and tends to always don average T-shirts and tanks with denim jeans, sneakers, and a black hoodie.
Personality: Independent; careless; competitive; a little rebellious; stubborn; cleanly when expecting guests and very lazy [procrastination included]. He is capable of being hard-working but simply chooses not to be. He tends to make enough money to pay the rent on his apartment and afford sustenance, but there isn't much else to expect. He has a healthy sense of humor that can sometimes show its dark side, and tends to be the kind of guy that in tense situations will attempt to lighten the mood with a joke, whether failed, corny, or successful. His slight immaturity, unreliableness and failure to take certain situations seriously can be a turn off. The guy doesn't have many friends - at least none who stick around.
Likes: Six-pack of Heineken [drinking], good food, playing video games, watching TV, sleeping, fighting, and doing whatever the hell he wants.
Dislikes: Bossy people - or who he dubs trying to change his life, getting up early or being woken from a nap, vegetables, the cold, and people who can't take a joke. 
Quirks: Snores, slight hypochondriac when it comes to people who backwash or share food without removing the eaten end, and will sometimes show bad manners in public without a care.
Talents: Kick boxing, grappling, embarrassing friends in public, and is capable of discovering more talents if given the opportunity.
Education: Roughly finished high school.
Occupation: Unemployed, but is secretly involved in underground fights for cash, which pay off his apartment's rent.
Background: Dean grew up in New Jersey to a mother named Loretta who was madly in love with his father Harry. His father was an alcoholic who cheated on his mother with another woman but because of her obsession with Harry, it led her to child neglect in which Social Services took Dean to an orphanage. Dean was later adopted by a privileged family from Chicago, Illinois that he didn't see too often for James was a lawyer and Kelly a nurse. Due to detachment, Dean grew up independent and also a troublemaker in school. He got into fights, hung with the wrong crowd, until James didn't want Dean to stick around. It was decided that as soon as he finished high school he had to leave. Dean left to Angel Grove, worked a few jobs that didn't pay as good nor could keep him around, until eventually he learned about the caged fights that take place in an abandoned warehouse known as The Underground. It is the betting grounds for numerous gangs and crime syndicates, and also Dean's way of making a living.

Ranger Portion

Special Ability: Super Strength
Primary Weapon: Fists and Feet
Secondary Weapon: Katana
Ranged Weapon: Assault Rifle
Miscellaneous: Carries 4 clips with 30 power cells in each, 3 plasma grenades and 2 flash bangs.

Mech Portion

Visual Appearance:
Schematics: The Mech is a black transformer that while in vehicle mode is a sports car with gull-wing doors. It was specifically designed, if ever an emergency, can hold all six rangers[three up front and three in the back]. When all rangers but the driver aren't in the vehicle, it can transform into a slick, black mech, humanesque in appearance [sorry no visual provided]. The wheels become throwing weapons, the windshield becomes the glass shield for the cockpit centered at the mech's torso, and the mufflers become thrusters to assist in propelling the mech about. So yes, in vehicle mode, the sports car can travel up to ridiculous speeds ridiculous for a car that is]. It is a dense machine that can take a lot of punishment as well as deal it
Weapons: The tires can be thrown like boomerangs to fly out and lock back into the machine [at the hips and shoulder blades]. The spoiler becomes a fin-like blade that can be thrown like a boomerang, used to deflect or reflect blasts, or used as a melee weapon to slice and dice. From the headlights beneath the cockpit at the abdomen of the machine are laser canons that if charged can deliver quite the punch.
Special Trait: If ever the machine is unresponsive or a certain event may require more precision, the pilot can switch the mech into manual control where the machine will cling to the arms and legs of its handler, and Dean using his strength will control the machine, giving it maneuverability similar to a human. This can ware on Dean's body heavily, thus is why he tends to switch to this mode only in emergencies.
Part: Head

Rules

1. You will not be allowed to OOC in the IC. Keep all OOC in the OOC because that is what the OOC is for.
2. Please refrain from posting pictures in the IC. The pictures are always enormous and take up the whole web browser. Please do not do this. If you want to give everyone a visual, post it in the OOC.
3. If your characters decide to get hot, if clothes start coming off, then you’ll have to take your sexual play into a separate thread so as to not discourage others from the main plot. I don't want "those who browse the RP" to think that this is a smut game and smut is all we got going here. Storyline and character development are the two most important things here.
4. I have not decided if this is going to be posted in nonconsensual. Feel free to give me some feedback if you would like this to be in noncon.
5. I will primarily be in charge of the enemy, but if you wish to NPC a small enemy such as the Morphos personifying a human that is stalking your character or even man-handeling your character to try and kill him or her, you are welcome to RP that. However, really important events that may lead up to your character transforming into a ranger and all the nine-yards, I will label that post as: Mission to let everyone know that shit is about to go down.
6. Communication. If you are going on vacation, having computer problems, whatever that keeps you from posting in the IC, please let us know in the OOC. Please PM me and let me know especially because that way I can make special arrangements to have you replaced (if you are dropping out) or to have you skipped without the RP being jeopardized. It is courteous to let me know of any delays, so please, let me know. There won't be a posting order, but there may be one during missions.
7. Spelling, grammar, punctuation. You are required to have a decent amount of it. I will not permit one-lining in this RP. You are required to post at least 200 words minimum. There are programs where you can use spell check, so please be sure to use them.
8. One color; one job; one power. As a ranger, you are required to have only one color, and it must not be the same as another player. I have explained this already, so I’m not going to elaborate. You are only allowed to have one job. If that player’s character specializes in that specific job, then you are not allowed to perform any abilities of that job. For example, the infantry cannot perform the job of the medic. However, the infantry can carry an injured character to the medic. We are not going to make other players feel like their job is meaningless because there’s this one guy or gal who is doing everything. If this becomes disputable later, then I'll just change it, but only if it becomes disputable. You can only have one power. Not three powers combined into one, just one, and I mean one. I will be checking everyone for this.
9. Be respectful. 
10. Activity. The minimum activity required of a player is three posts a week. This is not going to be enforced. I’m just letting you know the level of activity that I hope to see. I understand that everyone has a life, and I’m not expecting anyone to honestly be sitting before their computer screens for hours, waiting for someone to reply just so that they can reply back. If you are active and can post more than this, good for you, but I don’t want anyone going ahead of others because it is discouraging. I will be monitoring the pace of this game to make sure no one is being overwhelmed.
11. Have fun. I am open to suggestions, and if you have any questions, be sure to say them in the OOC so that when they are answered, everyone who might have had the same question will see it. I will more than likely be placing all questions (if they are good ones) in the Q&A section.

Q&A

Clarifications

When it comes to character creation, specifically, mech creation, you are not required to be a mechanical engineer or go online researching the proper terms to describe this or that. I’m not an engineer. I don’t watch enough science fiction shows to have names for everything. All you need is your imagination to complete this character sheet.

There isn't a uniform theme in this RP. You can choose any picture or write any description about what you envision your power ranger looking like in uniform. They can look any way you want them to look.

Links

Character Thread

OOC

Nova Mothership

Angel Grove

Player List/Ranger List (by gender and colors)

Hiroshi Takeda - The Black Ranger/Shadow - (Vergil1989) ♂
Cecilia Stargrove - The Yellow Ranger - (DemonWing01)
Dean Evans - The Gold Ranger - (Dark Deception)
Ravi McLein - The Silver Ranger/Wraith - (Starlequin)
Alexis Sinclair - The White Ranger/Femme - (iridium248) ♀

Latooni Subota

Ahh, so the way I understand it, this sentai squad doesn't need to actually match in costume/theme. To go with the Americanized versions as examples, would could have . . say . .  a Samurai Green Ranger, A Turbo Blue Ranger, a Ninja Red Ranger all working together?

I gotta say, you have my interest. The only way you'd have my interest more is if it was explicitly a Kamen Rider roleplay. XD
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Dark Deception

Quote from: Latooni Subota on September 04, 2011, 02:21:06 PM
Ahh, so the way I understand it, this sentai squad doesn't need to actually match in costume/theme. To go with the Americanized versions as examples, would could have . . say . .  a Samurai Green Ranger, A Turbo Blue Ranger, a Ninja Red Ranger all working together?

I gotta say, you have my interest. The only way you'd have my interest more is if it was explicitly a Kamen Rider roleplay. XD

This role play is called Power Rangers but how it's run is my own way, which is written above. Everything explained above is how this RP is going to go. Power Rangers Turbo and all that jazz doesn't exist and shouldn't be referenced. It will have nothing to do with this RP. American versions, Japanese versions, it has nothing to do with what's going on in this game.

You can choose any color you want.

I think I only watched Kamen Riders once, and therefore, I don't know it that well. They look like bugs...

I think I also saw where your confusion was when you looked at Dean's profile. That is just what HIS ranger suit looks like. You can choose any picture you think comes close to what you envision your own character's ranger suit can look like. There is no ranger theme. You choose whatever uniform, mech, and transport for your ranger.

That was a good point you pointed out. I'm going to add it to clarifications.

Latooni Subota

Yeah. I'll peek around and see if I can think up a good concept, now that I know we've got enough freedom to do so. So many possible ideas X3
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

MissFire

Sounds interesting! Is this going to use some kind of system or is it freeform?
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Dark Deception

SargentToughie

Alright, this is going to take a while. I'm going to go ahead and express interest in taking up the spot of a female yellow ranger. When I get finished with the application, Dark Deception, you can expect her in your inbox for approval before I go slinging it around anywhere else.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Dark Deception

All right. I'm going to be accepting applications until Saturday because I want everyone to have a chance to see this. If we have enough applications that I can choose six rangers from by Saturday, then I'll make an OOC and Character Thread, and start us off next Monday.

Pumpkin Seeds

Vergil1989

I'm currently stuck to my PS3 but I would love to get in on this.  If it's not taken already, the infantry spot would be a good spot, and if not chosen already, black would work for me quite well.  I'll try to get a profile going tonight if not a start on it but just wanted to toss my hat in lol.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Starlequin

I'm interested as well, but im slightly confused (which should probably be considered a given whenever im  conscious  ::) ). If we are reserving spots (or just declaring place-holder interest), do we call ranger color, or occupation? Or are occupation and color linked, after all?
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

SargentToughie

I'm not too sure how it works either. I sent in my application, and he just said he'd tell me if it was in or not on Saturday.

Though that could end with some logical errors, if people don't know how many slots are open for certain colors or certain genders. I can just see it now: four people are going to have male blue ranger soldiers, or something like that.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Vergil1989

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Dark Deception

I should have been more specific about that. I guess I was expecting to get a lot of applications and assuming that people would at least choose each occupation. But thanks for bringing this up guys.

You will reserve color, job position, and what part of the mech your character's mech will be.

So far, since Demon was the only application I've received, we have a yellow ranger, job class Intelligence, and mech part is left arm.

The reason why I thought this was rather complicated is because if several people post applications, only six will be accepted. So if player A had a color that player B wanted, and player A didn't get accepted, then player B can take the color. This is the same for job class and mech part.

See the complication?

If I was however to get too many applications reserving the same job and color, I would ask that the players even it out a bit. So yeah just go ahead and make reservations here so others can see what's already being filled, but I'm going to say I'm going to only allow 2 applications per job class. That way other jobs can be sought out.

So intelligence already has 1 application.

I suppose infantry has 1 application now as well.

I'm going to add this detail to clarifications.

Dark Deception

All right. I updated clarifications and I hope that helps.  ;D

Added females and males. So people can know how many in case they wish to even it out if there's a gap.

SinXAzgard21

My only question is if there is still room for another character?
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Dark Deception

Yes. I'm going to be accepting applications until Saturday. If the above roster in Clarification gets filled before Saturday, then I'm going to begin choosing who is accepted and who isn't.

MissFire

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Dark Deception

I want to remind all of you that if you're choosing either a leg or an arm as a mech part, please be sure to specify which one: the left or the right?

Vergil1989

Thanks for clarifying that Dark Deception and if any complications arise as far as color or anything I'm perfectly willing to work things out if the need arises.  We might not have RPed together or anything yet buy you'll quickly find I'm easy to get along with lol.  Anyway, still not able to get to a comp but an arm or a leg position is perfectly cool with me since from the list it looked like you had a leader already, as well as the head if you're going by that old standard at least that the leader has the head mech lol.  Even if that isn't the case, I think I wouldn't do well as the head lol.

iridum248

I might be interested in Pink. -_^

A question: How do you see the 'adult' part of the game occuring? After all, they *did* battle monsters every week, which opens the door to interesting encounters...

Dark Deception

I have no idea. I guess that's between players. Pink is already chosen. It's listed above in Clarifications. I'm not going to think about what will happen in the RP right now because I'm focusing on one thing at a time. The application process is the first step. I already have the Angel Grove thread and Alien Mothership thread in a Word Document so those are already made.

Vergil1989

No offense Iridium, but it helps if you're actually around in your own game before you start up another one that you might also be a bit absent from if past experience is anything to go by.  RL I understand, but no word, no nothing is kind of not a good way to do things hun.  I don't mean to sound rude, but you have been neglecting your own group game a bit.