Shadows of the Sword Coast (Forgotten Realms, DnD 3.5)

Started by Nicolae, May 19, 2014, 01:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Countdown0

So, when do we make our triumphant returns? At the HQ, or sometime afterwards?
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Nicolae

At the HQ, where the characters will be heading shortly.
O/O   Ideas

Muse

I'm leveled. 

Calrond, have those of us allready in the game allready started again? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Calrond on May 22, 2014, 06:25:07 PM
@Ghostwheel: Zaer is right about divine spells needing the support of a god in the Forgotten Realms. One exception to that is the Church of the Triad. This sound like the closest thing the Forgotten Realms has to what you're describing. In this case, your character's patron deity would be "The Triad", and he'd serve them as sort of a mini-pantheon rather than picking any one of them to serve above others (even though Tyr is the only Greater Deity among them, but mortals don't know much about the relative power levels among the deities).

While I won't actually ever be casting spells, so I'm not sure how much divine backing I actually need, that works for me.

Paladin101

updated my entry on page two with a background, sexual preferences and healing appearance. Now waiting to see if the background is approved. :D

EDIT also linked my character sheet

EDIR # 2 Added Moral Shortcomings, cuz ya know...I forgot to put them in the last two times.

TheGlyphstone

BTW, if anyone wants their character to have a tobacco habit, I found this list of pricing and varieties on Candlekeep:

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9025

Nicolae

@Muse: Yes, I kicked things into action again so that you guys can be ready to head to the HQ by the time the new characters are ready to enter the game.

@Paladin101: Everything you've posted so far sounds great to me!
O/O   Ideas

TheGlyphstone

Would new PCs have already been told by the guard about the undead problems? I might swap out Geryon for Tenebrous as far as start-of-game binds go if that is true.

Nicolae

Sure, they've been brought up to speed, at least as much as the guards presently know. The other characters can fill them in with the new information once they arrive at the HQ.
O/O   Ideas

TheGlyphstone

When did you plan on closing recruitment? There's currently 3 applicants for, if nothing has changed, 2-3 new character slots, and I'm trying not to get my hopes up too far.

And while I'm waiting, houserule question...as a Neutral character, can I choose to Rebuke Undead and/or damage them? Or does choosing to Rebuke with my turn attempts mean I heal undead with my turning by default?

Nicolae

Well, considering the fact that I've got 4 or 5 returning players and I usually try to run parties a little overpopulated to be preparedfor people vanishing (or worst case scenario, there are LOTS of opportunities for character interaction!), I'm pretty much going to give my four applicants (Glyphstone, Ghostwheel, Paladin101, and BrokenMirror) the thumbs up for entry into the game. Go ahead and get your hopes up as high as you want, you're going to be in the game as long as you want to be.

Oh, that's a good houserule question. I'm going to say that if you want to Rebuke Undead, but want to deal damage to them with the alternate rules, that works, but that is the decision you have to make at character creation that can't be altered.
O/O   Ideas

TheGlyphstone

Technically, for me it is a decision I make the first time I bind Tenebrous (since he grants me Turning, and the ability specifically says your decision is fixed upon the first pact), but that is fundamentally the same thing since I will be starting game with an active pact with Tenebrous. Rebuking/Damaging it is.

All y'all need to stop slacking and get back to the surface so we new folks can say hi!

Nicolae

Alright, I want TheGlyphstone, Ghostwheel, and Paladin101 to post their character information in the Character Thread, here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=188672.0

You can see the format that the others used. Once we get that taken care of, we'll get to introducing you guys into the game.
O/O   Ideas

Nicolae

And just so we're all clear, here is the thread to the game itself, where we're ready for new characters to introduce themselves! Enjoy!
O/O   Ideas

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Calrond on May 26, 2014, 09:42:18 PM
Alright, I want TheGlyphstone, Ghostwheel, and Paladin101 to post their character information in the Character Thread, here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=188672.0

You can see the format that the others used. Once we get that taken care of, we'll get to introducing you guys into the game.

As far as I can tell, every single person used a different format. ;D

Paladin101

The great actor has made his entrance! Quietly..though he is wearing a mask. Fear the masked man!