Inn of the fragmented crossroads...

Started by Mayakterra, March 10, 2011, 11:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayakterra

You awaken with a start, laying on your back.... the world spins around you as your head swims slowly.

As you come to, you are startled by your surroundings... you currently sit on a small chunk of land from your home. Startling as this may be, it doesn't compare to the sights around you. Hovering in the space everywhere are colorful portals, skies full of stars, fragmented pieces of land... and in the center of it all in front of you a large 3 story inn sits with a dusty sign reading "Inn of the Fragmented Crossroads"

You may have come from anywhere, you might be anybody, you don't know how you came here... but the inn is all there is. Perhaps inside you may collect your thoughts and remember who you are.

Mayakterra

As you step into the inn, you see a old, but still very well kept Tavern and inn.

The whole room seems to be of a medieval era, there is a large common area that takes up most of the main room with many tables of different shapes and sizes, a small stage sits in the corner and a hearth in the opposite corner.

Along the back all an unattended but fully stocked bar sits idle, with a door leading to a kitchen behind. You see no people moving through the open door, but hear the sounds of food and the clanking of utensils. It seems the kitchen is run by invisible servants.

Off to the side of the bar and the common room stairs lead up to the next level and to rooms no doubt, and right beside the door is a variety of weapon and coat racks. The whole atmosphere, although uneasy seems to be welcoming and hospitable.

veilwebb

I walk in to the tavern and sit at a small circular table in the back. I see a newspaper on the chair next to mine, I pick it up and start reading it

Mayakterra

Opening the door in a huff, a man walks in slowly and panting.

The man himself is not very tall, just under the height of a normal man. His skin is blue with longer ears than normal, and a pastel red mane of hair about his head. He walks as if having traveled a long way, which probably isn't far from the truth, there is snow in his hair and piled about his bare shoulders. The only clothes he is wearing are fury prehistoric style pants with thick leather boots. His yellow eyes dart around the near empty room

eaglecrisis

Victoria glances over at the man who has just walked into the Inn. He seems to be in a hurry and she wonders why the hell he's in such a hurry to be in a place like this. Her vision is blurry and she begins to think that she has had too much to drink. She sits in a corner of the Inn, shadow covering her body with only the reflection of the lights above in her eyes visible to others. She is confused, lonely, and curious as to where she is and how she got here three days ago. She is tired from having not slept and her bones are aching from sitting in the same spot for so long, for she hasn't stood up since she sat here. She doesn't want others to see her, to know what she looks like. Only the owner is aware of her looks but tells nobody, and instinctively brings her a drink every now and then. A cold chill runs up her spine as a gush of wind comes from the nothingness outside, making her let out a low grunt. Her only hope is that nobody heard her.
"L e t   m e   l i v e   m y   l i f e
a s   I   w a n t   f o r   a t   i t s   e n d
i t   i s   I   w h o   m u s t   d i e."

sazzie

Sazzie is at the bar ordering another round of drinks. She sat there cheering with another customer for no apparent reason. Raising their drinks in the air, "To glory!" They'd holler together and slam the empty shot down on the counter. But she had no reason to be glorious...Sazzie had no idea where she was. Sazzie heard the door close behind her, she couldn't tell if it was the alcohol, or this weird world; but the man looked more strange then the rest that came into the inn so far.

sweetcandy4

Candy enters the Inn dressed in a leather dress of brown and black. The upper portion of her dress has straps that cross over the chest. Her dark brown hair laid at her shoulders. She had brown eyes and tan skin and wore black boots on her feet. She looks over the people in the Inn and then makes her way over to Sazzie. She nudges the woman slightly with her shoulder, "Hi..I haven't seen you around in a while. How is life going?"

Then she signals for the bartender.

eaglecrisis

Victoria bangs her hand on the table. She can't stand the smiles, the uncaring faces. Nobody is concerned, nobody is wondering, nobody is searching for the reason why they're here. She feels alone and scared. "Why are you all so happy!?" She yells out from her shadowed corner.

Mayakterra

"Beats the hell out of me" the blue man says walking further into the building. He brushes the snow off of his shoulders and peeks around the inn cautiously wandering from corner to corner looking for any sign of something unusual, aside from the fact that he's just somehow been transported to some nightmare of a hallucination for no apparent reason.

"Where the hell are we? What is this? And who are you?" He turns towards Victoria.

eaglecrisis

By now Victoria is irritated. The confusion mixed with the anger from this man is breaking through her shell slowly. "Who the hell am I?" She isn't even sure if this man is talking to her, but the fact that he turned to face her makes her think so. She stands up and stumbles into the light, finally revealing herself to the others. She's wearing a black shirt that sports a band by the name of Twiztid. her long brown hair is up in a bun and her glasses are half on, half off her face. She's not the skinniest girl in the world, but she isn't obese either. "I'm Victoria, and you are?" She replies with her hands on her hips.

sweetcandy4

Candy turns around when she hears the sound of someone yelling. She listens to the two men talk about how they don't know who they are or where they were. She smiles at the blue guy, "You're at a Inn. Maybe it would help if you ate some food and drank something? I'm Candy by the way."

She turned back toward Sazzie for a moment before looking at the other two.

eaglecrisis

Victoria snarls at Candy. "Was he talking to you? I don't believe so. I'm pretty sure we're all aware that we're at a inn. Do you think that's all there is to it?" She is now looking at Candy instead of the man who was first talking to her. She's not sure if it's the alcohol talking or not, but she takes note that she's not usually like this when she's not drinking.

sweetcandy4

Candy smirks, "You seem angry at something... I'm only trying to help. It sounded to me like he was talking to everyone here. What else would there be to a Inn? Are you feeling well?" A look of concern came over her face as she spoke back to Victoria. She seemed pretty upbeat.

eaglecrisis

"do you have any idea how you got here or why you're here? Do you not have family that you were ripped away from? I do! I do!" She walked toward Candy as she pointed to her chest whilst saying 'I do! I do!'. "What is that supposed to mean, am I feeling well. I'm feeling quite fine, thank you. How are you feeling!?" She meant this in a sarcastic way and rolled her eyes at the woman. Her head began to pound as a headache formed inside her brain.

sweetcandy4

Candy shrugs her shoulders, "Not really, but yelling and carrying on about it is not going to solve your problem. I don't remember any family members, but if they were ripped from me- I wouldn't be yelling at strangers about it."

She looked at the woman's finger, "Please remove your finger from my space. I'm feeling quite well, thank you."

Mayakterra

The blue man looks amazed at the chaos going on around him. He huffs walking over to the bar to sit on one of the stools addressing everybody as he moves.

"Your all crazy for all I know, half of you could care less your here, half of you seem to be here by choice, half of you hate it here and, well thats already too many halves. I don't give a damn!" The man brushes more snow out of his hair and shakes snow from the folds of his pants.

"All I know is one minute I am gardening when a giant wedge of snow gives way above me, right as it landed on me I blacked out. Then I woke up outside with all that.."he makes a spinning, flailing motion with his hand "...vortextial, magicabobing, mumbo jumbo stuff spiraling everywhere and out of everything to find, an inn full of people who seem to have no idea of anything." He sits down exasperated looking for ANYBODY around that seems to work here, he hears the sounds from the kitchen, and sees all the pristine items at the bar, but no workers. "For all I know I'm dead, unconcious, or hallucinating and your all figments of my imagination." He slams his hand on the table idly.

"I could really use me a mushroom wine right now.... stock 241, but theres nobody working here. What kind of-" To his surprise before he even finishes speaking, a cabinet behind the bar bursts open and a pair of white, gloved hands come out hovering through the air. It claps twice then seems to pull out of mid air a large orange bottle and a tall clay flute. The hands pour the liquid into the flute and set it before the blue man making a bowing gesture before returning to the cabinet.

The blue man, mouth hanging open and eyes wide, stares down stunned at the flute of exactly what he ordered sitting there.

sweetcandy4

Candy laughed at the blue man, "I'm not crazy. I may not know what I'm doing here, but I'm not crazy." She watched as a bottle appeared in mid air and suddenly he had the drink that he requested, "Now that'....that's crazy." She pointed to the white gloves.

"I would like a glass of white wine and a bowl of beef stew," she said politely in the direction of the white gloves. She waited to see if she would get what she wanted.

eaglecrisis

Victoria went to the bar and sat down by the man, realizing that the way she was acting had been a bit out of control. "I'm just scared and confused. like you, one minute I was at home with my husband and children. The TV screen went all staticy and then next thing I know I'm here, for no reason at all." She paused for a moment and watched the invisible man, or woman, start fixing a drink for the man. She didn't widen her eyes in surprise but instead figured that this must all be a dream.

ThePreyOfRaven

The door of the inn bursts open revealing a good sized burly man in the doorway.  His dark green eyes look as if they are very tired as if he has been walking for hundreds of miles.  He has a light beard and long dark hair pulled back behind his head.  A light brown hood covers his head and cloak of the same material are draped down his back.   

He steps through the doorway and pushes the door closed with a hard thud.  Looks around at his surroundings and slowly walks up to the bar.   Seeing no one behind the counter he continues over to a table in a dark corner of the room.  He sits down and looks around at the other people in the room.
Love grows where trust is laid, and love dies where trust is betrayed.

sweetcandy4

Candy nodded at Victoria, "It's normal to be scared and confused. I don't know what's going on either. I was in the middle of doing some work on the computer when I just fell out of my chair. Suddenly I was outside this Inn. These aren't even my clothes.."

She turned when she saw the figure of a burly man. She watched the man quietly, and then turned back to the others that she was talking to. She wasn't sure if there was anything else that she could say. She didn't know if there was a way to answer any of their questions. No one seemed to know anything more than they know now.

Mayakterra

*Ooc thread created*

The blue man gets over his shock and picks up the flute by its long stem, taking a cautious sip from the clay opening. His eyes light up and he gets the faintest hint of a smile on his face as he quickly takes an even longer drink of the mushroom wine excitedly.

"That has to be the best I have ever had! Maybe this place doesn't have to be so bad after all." he turns around to face the other patrons, "I guess I'm sorry for being so gruff... I think you all might understand my frustration. I'm Xclitnorasi Sverritan Josheled, and you are?"

sweetcandy4

Candy watches the man drink and talk about how delicious it tastes. She picks up her own glass of wine and takes a sip. She smiles and nods. It was the best tasting wine that she had ever had.  She offered her hand to the blue man, "I'm Candy Switten. That is quite a interesting name that you have there. Do you mind if I ask why is your skin blue? Are you a certain....race? Or is that some reaction to something?"

Mayakterra

X looks quite confused and almost offended, the wine has taken affect though and so he isn't quite as on edge so he is polite in his answer.

"I could ask the same thing about all of you being... pale. I'm blue, my familys blue, my friends are blue... were all blue, well at least where I am from. I get the feeling each of you are from a long, long way away. As far as race, my people are called Jaeki. I've heard of humans before, but they are a long ways away from where I've ever been. Mothers often tell stories of humans to their children before bed."

He thinks to himself curiously "How is it we all speak the same language? You humans also speak Quezien?"

eaglecrisis

Victoria listens as the man talks about himself and the place that he comes from. She doesn't want to interrupt the two but is curious as to how to pronounce what he just said. The many bottles of alcohol that she has had is messing with her brain. "Excuse me, but how exactly do you pronounce your name?"

Mayakterra

He smiles and realizes how confusing his name must be, he looks over to the cabinet and speaks again "Mountain mead 111" The hands once again come out and this time pull a big mug from under the table and suspends it in mid air. One of the hands shapes itself like a gun with the forefinger out and the thumb it, it points into the mug and a stream of colored liquid fills the mug before setting it in front of the blue man. The hands clasp and shake in the air over imaginary shoulders as if celebrating victory and then return to the cabinet.

Taking a long drink from the mug he continues speaking to the woman. "You can just call me X, its probably the easiest. I am a (he sounds out the words) Jah-keey and we speak Kwee-zee-ahn, as you seem to as well."