Pathfinder: Heaven's Fall (Recruitment)

Started by Purple Dusk, January 26, 2015, 12:51:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Autocad on January 27, 2015, 07:27:40 PM

I am interested in how you will walk on land :D

is it gonna be like some little mermaid stuff or is it going to be more a Nami from LoL movement

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0
Current Roleplay capacity 0/0

LSWSjr

No even better, it could be like Knight Boat on the Simpsons, there's always a river, canal or stream she can use to stay with the action ;D

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

LSWSjr

I sure my cleric's Create Water spell can come in handy too  O:)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

LSWSjr

And now I just want to play in a batshit crazy campaign where anything can happen...

"We must hurry, those thieves are using the King's horses to escape with the crown" Sir Elwood called.

"No matter, we shall catch them with these quad-bikes" Burk the Barely Known returned, lowering his bike helmet's visor.

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

OyabunKobold

So Ive given it some honest thought worked around my points a bit and decided I shall go with the slightly more naive approach and drop wisdom down 2 to up Strength by 3.

(if your curious how this works it was really drop int down 1 up strength by 1 and cha by 1 then drop wis by 2 and up strength another 2 add my 4th level skill bonus to int and I keep my mental stats but now have stronger strength)

Was a tossup between Dexterity and wisdom though in the end I decided wisdom could take the hit easier than dexterity.

:D least now I'm not one poison away from death.

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0

Bibliophilia

Currently working up a Brawler (Steel-Breaker) Human for the game.  I'll have something concrete up tomorrow.

Dynamod

trying to make a bushwacker work is... difficult. On one hand, grit-free sneak attack damage promotes making as many attacks as possible. On the other hand, you can't use stealth to go unnoticed after full-round actions unless the action includes movement. Leaping Shot feat lets you make movement while attacking, but you only get to make two attacks at max, then you fall prone, not to mention you need dodge and mobility to get it. '~'

Kobolds get a feat which supports sniping, but sniping requires a move action, so you can only do a single attack.

reduced max grit is also a thing as well to worry about. I need at least 16 wisdom in order to have 2 grit, so I can have at least one point to expend.

in short... still working on the character. might change away from bushwacker, because Pistolero gets the precision damage easier without losing out on potential feats each level, and musketeer gets a free feat to deal with reloading as well.

Ideally, I'd like to go for a stealth based gunslinger. Still trying to figure out how to make it work though.

Chulanowa

Name: Ogzi Thorn
Race: Half-Orc
Class: Rogue 4 / Something 1
Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1108404 (still WIP)

Description: Ogzi isn't like your other half-orcs. His muscles don't bulge, his teeth don't jut, and he can certainly speak better than a grunt here and there. Rather, he's a lithe, agile young man, green skin taut over lean muscle. Pointed ears poke through wild hair that combines shades of green, brown, and black, save for a pale streak noting where a scar lies on his scalp. He's quick to smile and laugh - or to growl and snap, putting his sharper-than-human teeth on display either way. he usually wears rather little by way of clothing or armor when he can, and his skin shows the scratches and bruises of a life in the wilderness. Exposed on his left side is a winding tattoo, the same yellow-orange shade as his eyes.

Personality: Though wary of strangers, Ogzi makes friends quickly (maybe so long on his own has something to do with that.) He's self-assured to the point of cockiness, and like many young men his age, doesn't really understand that he can fail. He's eager to join combat, though more due to the rush and opportunity to show off, than any actual like of hurting people. Due to his past, he's suspicious of magic, particularly magic of a divine nature.

Background: Ogzi's story begins in an Orcish village somewhere in the island of Heaven's Fall (though his people know it by a different name.) The seer at his birth proclaimed that due to his mixed nature, he would never be a warrior, and htat Ogzi should be remanded to the tribe's shaman's. And so hit was. Whether by taking a stronger inheritance from his human father, or due to the shaman's training, he grew up tough, but not especially strong. Every day a new ritual awaited him, a new burden to bear, more skin cut and painted with his tribe's marks.

Ogzi strove to be like the other orcs; big, strong, warlike, ferocious. he never quite matched up to them. Usually he never even came close, and the other males joked that his mother was really a goblin. After a while of taunts of this nature, he decided, alright, let's fight like a goblin; His orcish "peers," so used to trouncing the boy with brute strength, were unpleasantly surprised when he began fighting dirty, using his wits and agility against them. of course, nothing is angry like an orc who took a good hit to the nuts, so Ogzi still got his share of batterings and broken bones.

Finally, he was fed up with the life he suffered; to be abused and near-tortured by the shamans on the one hand, then to be bullied and beaten by warriors on the other. it was under a new moon that he slipped away into the deeper forests of ht island, to live as his own prerogatives told him. And so he has, hunting, fishing, gathering his own food and building shelters to keep out of the island's sometimes-fierce weather.

it was some of that weather that brought him where he is now; a foreign ship ran aground on one of the rocky shoals near "his" beach. Noting that these strangers were too many to fight or flee from, Ogzi has decided to make friends, offering the stranded adventurers a portion of his food, and to act as scout and guide. And of course, he's heard their talk of riches and adventure, and without a doubt, his curiosity is piqued...

Still getting some of the kinks out - like what class to take a 1-level dip in (Ranger / Barbarian seems most fitting) and what direction I want to take him for combat.

Purple Dusk

If he's going dual kukri wielding and rogue, maybe you might want to multi into a Slayer? (Advanced Class Guide)  Come to think of it, the Slayer is a cross between a Rogue and Ranger, so maybe even a full Slayer? (since his backstory mentions he tried to match up to the martial prowess of his orc cousins)

Blinkin

Isn't it going to be kinda hard to sneak about after firing off a firearm, they are, afterall, very noisy and produce a ton of smoke... it's going to set you up for every ranged attack in the area and sneaking away from that is going to be difficult with everyone looking in that direction... and sneak attacks have a maximum range so there's that issue. I'm not sure a "Bang!" tip-toe off to go "Bang!" again is going to work out for you.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Purple Dusk on January 28, 2015, 02:04:45 AM
If he's going dual kukri wielding and rogue, maybe you might want to multi into a Slayer? (Advanced Class Guide)  Come to think of it, the Slayer is a cross between a Rogue and Ranger, so maybe even a full Slayer? (since his backstory mentions he tried to match up to the martial prowess of his orc cousins)

I'm not sure about the kukris. I might fiddle around with sword-and-board dual wielding (sneak attack with a shield? Why not!) and even going two-hand whacking is an option. Slayer is just so terribly boring to me, and doesn't really fit Ogzi in my head. Thanks though :)

Dynamod

I have a couple of ruling questions:
1:it says that you can use a two handed weapon while holding a buckler. You still can't use a buckler and a weapon in the same turn correct? Im assuming thats the case, it makes sense from a gameplay perspective.
2: when using dragons breath Ammunition you misfire on a damage roll of 1 instead of the attack roll. Can a reliable blunderbuss reduce this chance to 0?
3: in the above scenario, do you get to modify the damage dealt at all? Does dragons breath just replace your damage dice or is it basically alchemists fire all over again?

To clarify, dragons breath is special ammunition that makes your spread attack deal 2d6 fire damage (reflex 15 for half) instead of the normal attack roll. Almost all alchemist cartridges increase your odds to misfire by about 5 or 10%, but these misfire about 32% of the time.

In any case, ive thought it over tonight ill have thwip be a musketeer. Small arms seem to lend themselves better to the snap shot feat tree, while the larger weapons seem to prefer single shot, big damage feats which i think is more in line with how thwip prefers to fight. I wanna follow the spirit of bushwacker without the crappy trades '~'

Chulanowa

Quote from: Dynamod on January 28, 2015, 08:44:51 AM
I have a couple of ruling questions:
1:it says that you can use a two handed weapon while holding a buckler. You still can't use a buckler and a weapon in the same turn correct? Im assuming thats the case, it makes sense from a gameplay perspective.

Unless you're a thunderstriker barbarian, correct, you can't use a two-handed weapon and get the benefits of the buckler. It's a per-round thing. Like "This round I'm using my buckler, next round I'll use my two-handed weapon"

Quote2: when using dragons breath Ammunition you misfire on a damage roll of 1 instead of the attack roll. Can a reliable blunderbuss reduce this chance to 0?

Reliable is an effect on the firearm. It has no effect on the properties of ammunition. It's gonna give you a misfire if you roll 1's on the damage no matter what.

Quote3: in the above scenario, do you get to modify the damage dealt at all? Does dragons breath just replace your damage dice or is it basically alchemists fire all over again?

The latter. If you have a trait or feat that lets you do extra damage with fire or alchemical weapons, that would apply but otherwise, you're basically stuffing alchemist's fire into your gun and pulling the trigger like a lunatic.

Dynamod

Quote from: Chulanowa on January 28, 2015, 12:19:27 PMThe latter. If you have a trait or feat that lets you do extra damage with fire or alchemical weapons, that would apply but otherwise, you're basically stuffing alchemist's fire into your gun and pulling the trigger like a lunatic.

Wow, excuuuse me~ im not just stuffing alchemists fire fown the tube like a lunatic.

...theres also the black powder which makes it explode. So yeah. Perfectly sane.

(I am beginning to see why the chance to break the weapon is so high)

Blinkin

Well, muzzle loaders were still having the occasional catastrophic failure well into the last quarter of the 19th century... after having centuries of refinement. In this kind of setting, they're still more a danger to the user than the target and "state of the art" was code for where angels fear to tread.. ;) Just imagine how nasty it could be if the thing actually blew up in your face because you tapped that dragon's fire too hard. lol
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Feycromancer

Im still imagining a mermaid floundering around, hehe

OyabunKobold

Re Z L

Quote from: Feycromancer on January 28, 2015, 01:00:19 PM
Im still imagining a mermaid floundering around, hehe

Floundering around...

::)
A&A

Zaer Darkwail

Just voice interest, need work char in tomorrow though.

Autocad

Strongtail + Fleet + Fast movement = 30 base land speed. Ha!

Blinkin

I guess she'll perch on her tail then... and a fine tail it'll be, although probably a bit on the flat side.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Re Z L

Mort "Riddle" Sevryn
The Explosives Expert
Level 5 Tiefling Alchemist

Background:
The most important discovery the young Tiefling ever made was the miraculous ability to focus light through a magnifying glass to incinerate little ants.  Thus began a life full of learning and scientific discovery.

Magic, he began to feel, was an excuse to not learn about the world and the way it worked.  Of course magic was a part of the world, but there was a way to quantify it, measure it, and know it in ways that Wizards and Sorcerers and their ilk did not know.  He dismissed it out of hand as something not worth his attention, and instead focused his mind on the building blocks of the world and the alchemical components that could be created from them.  He dove into the study of philosophy and the development of his mind first and foremost, which left him less able-bodied than some others--and somewhat bookish, though he still managed to strike up good conversations from time to time.

His bombs were an invention from necessity as he grew restless with his books and decided "field experimentation" was required.  So he set out as something of an adventurer, offering up his alchemical skills while developing them in further ways that he couldn't do in a lab.  His knowledge of engineering was, of course, indispensable when traps in the dark parts of the world needed to be "disarmed".

When the sky stone had fallen he found himself wanting to journey early on to the island to get a look at it and study it, but it would be years until he found himself free enough to journey there with a good enough an excuse--they were calling for help!  Of course helping is all well and good, but the greater good is always served best by uncovering some new piece of lore.  So the brilliant Tiefling set off in the pursuit of knowledge (and maybe a little personal wealth).

Personality:
Part Mad Scientist, part Explorer, he is an eccentric individual who enjoys learning new things about the world.  Skeptical of conventional "magic" he tends to put more faith in his own discoveries and scientific advancements rather than the esoteric craft of finger wiggling--of course he's quite open to talking about the various arts.

Appearance:
Red skin, horns growing from his brow, and glowing yellow eyes are just a handful of his other-worldly traits.  He dresses in typically scholarly looking (even if only vaguely) clothing and typically has a number of vials strapped to his belt, or potions slipped into pockets.

Quote:
"No problem can't be solved by the correct application of explosives."

Class/Race Variants

Tiefling

Alchemist
A&A

LSWSjr

Lots of great characters coming in, this'll make it interested for the GM come decision time ;D

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

Bibliophilia

Tatia Berrioategortua
Level 5 Human Brawler (Steel-Breaker)

Background: Tatia never knew her parents, both of them having died in a cave-in while mining when she was barely more than a year old.  She was raised by her uncle, who was a blacksmith and a bachelor, not at all suited to the raising of a girl child.  However, he did his best, with the help of a pair of spinster sisters who lived next door and were all too happy to care for the girl while her uncle was at work.  The older she got, the more time she spent away from the sisters and in her uncle's workshop, staying out from under foot and helping where she could.  As a result, she grew up with an appreciation for strength and power, rather than the more feminine pursuits of hearth and home.

When she was old enough, and against the protests of her uncle, she took a job in the mines.  The decision was largely based on her fear of the underground that had stolen her parents from her before she ever got the chance to know them.  She was determined to face her fear head-on and overcome it, viewing her claustrophobia as a weakness that she simply could not abide.  After several weeks in which her extreme anxiety gradually lessened to nervousness and then disappeared altogether, she discovered an inherent skill and pleasure for the work.  Her uncle explained this with tales of a Dwarven ancestor, stating that her mother had also enjoyed the mines, which was why she'd gone back to them after giving birth.

Mining further strengthened the muscles that Tatia had developed by helping her uncle in his blacksmithing, and nights spent carousing with the other miners gave Tatia a taste for pugilism.  Granted, at first her forays into boxing were limited to barroom brawls and the occasional amateur match fueled by betting and booze, but it wasn't long before her raw skill drew the attention of a well-trained brawler.  She took to the training he provided, and eventually her trips to the bars after a long day in the mines grew fewer and further between, though they never stopped altogether.  She began spending her days underground and her nights developing her jabs and footwork, learning to spot her opponent's weaknesses and exploit them to her best advantage.

When she learned of the troubles in Kaer Maga, she decided to set out for its shores.  She felt it was time to put her training to good use, and protecting a city of miners from the dangers of the wild seemed the ideal chance.

Personality: Tatia is quite pleasant company, quick to smile and friendly.  While not dazzlingly intelligent, she has an undeniable cunning and a wealth of amusing stories about life in her home town.  When she is relaxed, one can not find a more enjoyable companion with which to past the time drinking, singing off-key, trading bawdy limericks or commiserating over one's troubles.  However, when angered or focused on a goal, there is little sign of the fun-loving good-ol'-girl.  Many have witnessed the transformation, and few who have would dare trigger it again.  Tatia is a proud woman, and a slight against that pride can cause a dramatic shift in her demeanor, changing a smile to a terrifying glower and an open hand to a closed fist.  When angered her penetrating eyes and pretty, if roughened, visage can strike fear into the heart of even the most foolish men or monsters. 

Appearance:  Tatia is not classically beautiful, too scarred, weathered and powerful to ever conform to the conventional ideals of feminine beauty.  Her features are pleasingly arranged, and her body, while well-muscled, doesn't entirely lack the soft curves expected of the female form.  However, her hands are calloused and battered from her work in the mines and her years of using her fists to prove a point or win a bet.  Freckles smatter her face and form, scattered across the landscape of tanned and scarred skin that molds to toned muscles.  Her thick hair is the color of strong coffee, softer than one might expect and often braided or tousled without a care for style.  It contrasts with the golden-green color of her eyes, which reflect the strength of her will, the force of her personality and the shadows of experience that have molded her, normally sparkling with amusement or curiosity, they can easily darken and sharpen to pierce the resolve of even the most stalwart opponent.

Complete!

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Autocad on January 28, 2015, 06:07:42 PM
Strongtail + Fleet + Fast movement = 30 base land speed. Ha!

interesting way to get to normal speed lol