BakemonoShiki [Interest Check]

Started by Leki, February 03, 2018, 09:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardsorm

Quote from: Leki on February 20, 2018, 10:25:07 PM
@Gardsorm (Hit & Kiss)
Personally a bit wary of going down that route again to be honest.
The idea seemed like a good one when I implemented it, but in practice it was pretty... fleh.
It led to a few interesting interactions, but there were also a lot of people who felt uncomfortable slapping a Shiki. (The players not the character), and certain characters decided to forgo the whole thing by consecutively smacking three characters in a single post before pissing off. If I was to try something like that again, it'd be decreased from three significantly....
Though I do like the idea of forcing Occultists and Shiki to interact with various characters besides their own partners.

While Sigil bonding will be the predominant partnership, there will be other opportunities and silly situations where Shiki might have to work with other Occultists, and vice versa. Eg; Cleaning roster xD

I don't blame you, for the same reason Avalon pointed out, I guess that was why some people were wary of it. Though rudedood did mention the act had to be performed without consent, and with aggression, he only gave two examples with both involving physical violence. I'm sure someone crafty could have maybe decided to something else like an uncalled for titgrab or crotchrub while keeping in mind they were doing it without a Shiki's consent... But I'm sure whatever you have in mind should work out a bit better here. o:

I looked forward to interacting with everyone at least once. I have no special focuses anywhere except Haru, I have plans for him~ So even uncompatible Shiki like Laphren or Tsukasa will be interacted with by Takuya somehow. o=

First Shiki Takuya bonds with may be special to him at best, but not to the point where he'll only interact with them or forbid others from interacting. Hard to properly convey here from the getgo though, it's something I feel like I'll have no trouble having him act out when the game begins proper.

SweetSerenade

I love the idea of humans and shiki who aren't partners ending up spending time together (Like Chore situations and all that) - Also totally love the NPCs and definitely can't wait to see them interacting with characters.

Speaking of which, the pink fluffy thing has been posted up. xD

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Gardsorm

So I've noticed! I've never seen such mischevious divinity before (Since Akehro before anyway), but Takuya is gonna be amused that she certainly isn't as rigid as how angels are normally depicted in religious settings... And that if all angels were even half as easygoing and crafty as she was, that religion might be more interesting to him. =p

Relikai

Can't wait as we draw ever closer!

I do have a female Occultist concept in mind, but that's only if we really need another :p

Gardsorm

If it matters, Reli, this information might help you choose what to do. o=

Quote from: Leki on February 18, 2018, 03:27:10 AM
We're still accepting Shiki and Occultists of either gender.
Though with that said I'm pretty happy with the cast as it is now.
Plenty of diversity and potential heading in all directions xD

All things considered, it looks like a simple go-ahead to me if you're curious! We'd have 3 male Occultists and 3 female Occultists if you made her. Shiki-wise, we're up to 3 males and 4 females with Angel joining the roster, 4 males and 4 females once Melody makes his demon butler. o=

Leki

A few things I need to run over....

@Character Roster
Character Roster has been updated, though Kensuke and Zechiel are currently still pending.
Gardsorm gave a pretty good rundown of the cast so far, and we still might be getting an extra female Shiki from Vonandi.

@Additional Characters
As quoted above, we're pretty good in terms of characters now.
We're still accepting, but unless you want to play a second.
We don't really NEED any more. Whether we want more though... is up to individual preferences.

@NPC
It's been suggested to me that I should make Kaisei an Occultist... or provide an Occultist of my own.
Though I'm not entirely sure if that's neccessary. I'm not opposed to the idea of opening him up...
But then again I'm not really sure where people's preferences are at the moment.
I'd like to think everyone's managed to pick out at least 3 or 4 characters that they're actively interested in from the other side (of the Occultist - Shiki divide).

Vonandi

Sorry for the delay / not keeping you informed. I'm going to get the character up tonight by the absolute latest. Provided that the cast isn't already too full.

Gardsorm

Not gonna lie, in my hype I forgot to account for Vonandi. You still have plenty of time though! At least a week, give or take? Somewhere around there.

List looking great, Leki. o= Nice to see an updated version, since I had to keep navigating up and down the Info thread to see what all wasn't listed. xD

Feel free to add Kaisei as an official Occultist if you want. o= He can probably do something none of the guys presently cover on their own if you have something in mind. My character preferences are a secret~ known only to Leki

Sephora

Any news about when we get an OOC section of our own?

My character preferences are also a secret, known only to myself. :3 

Leki

@Vonandi
As discussed over PM's, I'd like people to try and get things done by the weekend if possible.
Don't think we'll ever be too full, though. So don't worry about missing out on a spot.

@Kaisei - Occultist
I'm thinking about it, but will admit I'm personally preferring the current setup of keeping him as an NPC.
Main thing I'm concerned about is whether everyone has an Occultist that tickles their interest.
Since it'd suck to only be interested in one... and not get that pairing.
Not so worried about Shiki since... well most of them look to be the types that'll find their own way around very easily xD

@OOC
I'm thinking within the next 24 hours.
I'm planning on getting the OOC started with a simple writing activity...
And to prevent unsubmitted characters missing out, I've decided to wait a bit longer before starting things off.
Starting date for the IC remains set on the 26th (Upcoming Monday).

Gardsorm

Most excellent, I'll be looking forward to the OoC coming up, and this writing activity~ :3

@Sephora: Great! o: I wonder if Xiang has changed any since the last time I read about her antics... But no matter what, I'm looking to forge some new good times with her and everyone else~

SweetSerenade

So because sexual is so hard for me to match, I'll just try to pair to shiki based on other factors lol.

Angel's Potential Occultist List:
Keita - Oh look at this cutey! She just wants to shelter and protect him (and get more power from him!)
Takuya - Troublemakers Need Healers too! Plus he looks big-strong enough to carry her around! ;3 (Potential Sexual)
Xiang - You have a soft heart, that you keep hidden and Angel has a manipulative side she keeps hidden... It wouldn't be a bad idea... She could help you 'fix' people(at least a little!) (Potential Sexual)

Noel's Potential Shiki List:
Haru - It'd drive Noel nuts trying to keep you out of trouble. Might loosen her up a bit and make her easier to deal with.
Tsukasa - You could teacher temperance and stability with her anger. Noel isn't the usual 'warrior' type - but I imagine Tsukasa remembers the Bard-Warriors of old and Noel's voice is quite pretty.
Ari - You'd be just as fun to watch Noel try to reign you in, but also you'd help her cut loose a bit and act more on her nature vs what's 'appropriate' for a 'young lady'(Potential Sexual)
Laphren - A lesson to Noel on how power can corrupt, but also potentially an arrangement that helps her learn new ways to be strong. (Potential Sexual)
Melusine - A soft touch that can help soothe the rage inside of the little singer, Melusine looks like a good candidate to help temper the rage burning inside of Noel.

Gardsorm

Wow, so bold, SS! o= I didn't want to list sexual relations because most everyone has that potential for Takuya, with a few exceptions made for obvious folks.

I will admit choosing a Shiki is going to be so difficult... T_T At least for the first one. I almost want to play Wait n' See to see who has aspirations for what before I make my choice (when the game begins proper I mean)

Avalon29

all the humans belong to Haru and shall deliver treats to appease their foxy overlord! I'm kidding well mostly. :P

My plan is to have Haru to run around doing what he wants and let what happen happen and probably the same for Hazuki.

Gardsorm

Quote from: Avalon29 on February 21, 2018, 12:38:45 PM
all the humans belong to Haru and shall deliver treats to appease their foxy overlord! I'm kidding well mostly. :P

My plan is to have Haru to run around doing what he wants and let what happen happen and probably the same for Hazuki.

Lies, we all know Haru is gonna get foxnapped again and again and again and again and agaaaaaiiiin. :3

JoanieSappho

Keita's fine with whoever, and all the humans already belong to Melusine anyway, so she'll cuddly and tease whoever seems to need it the most at the time.
Also she may or may not foxnap Haru a bunch.

Sephora

Hmmm, I know to START off with Xiang won’t really view Shiki as sexual partners, only business relationships.  I’m really interested in seeing how her assumptions about both the Shiki and her fellow occultists change and grow throughout the game :3

SweetSerenade

xD Just showing which ones my characters would likely gravitate towards in some regard, so people know it's there. I mean I'm completely open to them connecting to others (In fact I love a measure of uncertainty on some things). So it is what it is. I was just making interests/statements so they are there if people want to plot after the game gets going. I'm currently on campus much earlier than usual cause I'm seeking tutoring help so I don't end up getting screwed out of my final term. xD Also I'll give you guys a heads up (probably a week before) when my finals are, since those days I'll likely be posting less. (Don't worry not till end of March), I'll also keep you updated on if/when I will be moving. (Which mind you it'll probably take a couple days at most that I'll be gone for moving everything and all that, I plan on getting internet set up within days of us being there and it won't be hard to travel somewhere to borrow internet if needed. :3 )

MelodyCake

It's okey, Ari would be more then happy to eat everyone!

Err I mean....

*coughs*

As for fox-napping... Does that mean I need to bring in Anael as my secondary instead of mister Demon Butler? xD

I will admit, deciding on my secondary has been hard xD Did feel tempted to bring Anael back, or even Mally. But considering Gardsom has gone and given Zechiel the nickname Demon Butler, I think I'll be sticking to the new guy :P

@Sephora
Not sure if I have said this, but I'm glad to see you are on board and brought Xiang back :D
Though, with you saying Xiang will start with looking at Shiki just as a potential business partner just got me to picture Ari wearing his usual loincloth but with a bow-tie, trying to be as professional as he can be xD

@Leki
Since SS has started it off, would you like it to write up a sentence or two for the 4 characters and what we hope to get from possible interactions?

Gardsorm

Quote from: MelodyCake on February 21, 2018, 04:48:16 PM
It's okey, Ari would be more then happy to eat everyone!

Err I mean....

*coughs*

'Eat', huh? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I still say to give Demon Butler a go at the game. :3 Always fun to give someone new a chance at life and see how they grow! Besides, who's to say Zechiel won't be foxnapping Haru? o: It can evolve into a foxnapping war in the future between Zechiel and Anael. =p

As fornwrite-up stuff, imma wait to see what the actual write up requirement is when the OOC comes up before I go blowing the engines too early. o=

@SS: Nothing wrong with that! I was just amazed you thought of it that far, and I was just thinking 'Hm, Takus probably going to have an okay time with like 80% of the cast. Maybe. He is kinda lazy at times and he has to get on a few nerves...'. =p.

But yeesh, why are we all so busy with this game coming up soon? D: People moving everywhere.

@Joanie: MILFusine is definitely gonna get a few remarks about her age and antics at some point. Affectionately speaking, of course~ Plus Taku and Keita gotta go perv on some ladies/traps in the future

@Seph: I'm at least expecting Xiang to see Takuya with some level of disdain, maybe. o= Even if he finds her kinda cute. I might have to make him invade some personal space or make an uncalled for grab at some point...

SweetSerenade

Oh, I just have been planning to move my family for months. But I have to wait to do it till after I have finished my Finals - Cause doing FInals on my final term of school - while trying to move is just too chaotic. XD Even when I do move, I'll be gone probably only a couple days (and even then not likely since everywhere I am looking has really easily accessed public wifi if I need wifi to use before it's set up at my new place.) I'll give you all a firmer idea when it gets closer. <3 This way I can be fairer to you all. :3

Sephora

MelodyCake:  Glad to see you in the game too!  Of course, now I'm extremely interested to hear just how professional Ari is capable of being---loincloth or not.  :P

Gardsorm: Yessssssssss.  But I'm still gunna withhold my overall thoughts to see what the OOC write up is going to be. 

Avalon29

*sets up a sign in front of Haru that reads 1 Fox-napping = 5 baked goods.*

Well if the fox-napping is going to happen Haru might as well charge for it. :P

As for the write up I too will wait to see what exactly is wanted before getting started on it.

Sephora

It doesn't count as fox-napping if he charges for it.  Then it's just....fox-rental. 

Avalon29

But if he doesn't charge some how else is he going to get those frequent fox-napping miles? Surely he deserves something for all the fox-nappings. It's a dangerous profession, involving eating the cores of mysterious slime entities, getting thrown out windows and randomly plucked from people's shoulders. xD