News:

Main Menu

FIFA World Cup

Started by Nico, June 07, 2010, 01:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsunetsuki

The games were such a disappointment today...

Thought for sure Mexico would take it (along with 85% of the people in my city, I'm sure...since they're all either Mexican or of Mexican descent)...

Was rooting for Uruguay, too...though I figured France had a very fair shot at winning...still...*sigh*

And now it'll be England vs USA...oh lord! I may be American, but I have such a hard time rooting for them...go England! ;)
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

Ridcully

Wasn't this a typical start to a world cup? So much hope and expectations and then this.

First of all, both matches weren't at a high level. I was happy for South Africa, but I fear in the end, the draw won't be enough. They should have gotten a penalty though while in the lead with 1-0, and then the game would have been theirs. Pity.

Mexiko. Are there any Mexikans here who can explain to me why Mexiko starts playing as if they'd be in the lead with 5-0 from the 20th minute on? This dos Santos guy rocks, but otherwise...

France-Urugay. To be expected. Gourcuff usually with two shot options: Missing far or missing farer. Honestly, if he was about 40m close to the goal, he'd shoot any ball he get.

Ribery with one good scene in the beginning, after it he just had about 4 guys from Urugay on him at every ball. And the rest of France? Diaby good, Gallas good, but my...Gouvu or Gourcuff or Anelka, these players who can totally rock a Champions League match playing as if they were just transfered from a Slovakian second league team. Unbelievable. Also, I think the whole team hates each other. Ribery and Anelka e.g. demanded that Malouda wouldn't play - oh, such good friends.

But alas, this was yesterday. And today...

South Korea - Greece.

Greece. Greece. Otto Rehagel. King Otto I. Victory for Greece ahead, 1-0.

Argentinia - Nigeria

Did all the Messi fanboys get their jerseys cleaned by Ma? Mine certainly did :P Well, we all hope for Messi to play like he's from a different star again, but the real deal is Diego Milito. Watch out for him - he'll make the difference. Careful though, Argentinia doesn't have the best defense. Any team who has Demichelis ("I only move if forced by gunpower") in their defense doesn't have a good defense by definition. So it's gonna be a close thing, 2-1 for Argentinia.

England - USA
USA will play good. I really, really think so. Should be a 2-1 for Rooney + 10 though. Why? Because of Rooney. Pass him the ball, and good things happen.

Oh, btw: What kind of evil person is Henry to demand a penalty  for handplay in the game vs. Urugay? I was going insane for him to do that. Henry. I loved the Arsenal Henry, but the France Henry...man.

Rachubka

I'm leading in the World Cup Pool at my work, yaaaaay! Just wished that France actually beat Uruguay then I'd be perfect so far. :D

eroticslut

Italy and Brazil in the final  that is the way I see it

and guess what Italy is going to take it all   AGAIN

Ridcully

If God loves soccer, he/she will hopefully prevent that.

In any case. Greece was like "300" today. I mean, those players are so old and slow, that must have been the Spartans who fought about 2000 years ago. I guess after all this time you're just weary.

In any case, good game for South Korea. And these guys are still damn fast. This will be interesting when it's Speedy Koreans vs. Demichelis from Argentinia.

Argentinia playing now. Did I mention lately I love Messi?

Phobetor

Quote from: Nicholas on June 11, 2010, 11:56:51 PM
And yes, today... ENGLAND! For the win!  XDYeah, yeah.. :P

I have hope for the USA!! I mean they've been getting better and better and they're surprising the hell out of me with their mad skillz! :P  I think USA has a good chance at getting up there in the finals but as my friend said...they have a rough hill to climb.

Boo. I'm upset I missed the S.Korea vs. Greece game! Did anyone watch it? I heard Greece didn't bring it on the field and S. Korea owned them.

Right now I'm watching/listening to Argentina vs Nigeria and it seems like the Nigerian goalie is being put to work! Argentina should be further ahead than this. tsk tsk tsk.
Not Available for new Stories.
Taking a break from E.

Ridcully

Ya, I watched South Korea vs. Greece (hell, i watch everything).

It felt like U17 (South Korea) vs. U80 (Greece).

Argentinia had some chances, yeah - but this Obasi from Nigeria...he too. Great player, plays in Germany.

Phobetor

Quote from: Ridcully on June 12, 2010, 09:44:41 AM
(hell, i watch everything).
I wish I could too! lol But I just couldn't force my ass out of bed that early!

The Nigerian Goalie is holding strong though. He's doing fantastic!!
Taking a break from E.

Ridcully

Game still running, but I wish they'd show Maradonna even more often. How great is his Columbian drug baron beard? I'm hooked.

Nico

Maradonna is great! ;D

Rachubka

Can't wait for the England Vs. USA game! I can only hope that England can outplay the Americans on the left. :D

Nico

England for the win!  ;D

Kitsunetsuki

Quote from: eroticslut on June 12, 2010, 09:25:03 AM
Italy and Brazil in the final  that is the way I see it

and guess what Italy is going to take it all   AGAIN
Quote from: Ridcully on June 12, 2010, 09:38:44 AM
If God loves soccer, he/she will hopefully prevent that.
AMEN to that!! ;)
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

Nico

Of course, an England - Germany final would be killer.

But.. Spain - Argentina would be great, too!

Ridcully

England - Germany final won't happen because of the group/final round-plans. They'd meet in round of 16 or semi-finals, if I recall it right.

England - Germany. Oh, we don't need to play 120 mins first, do we. Please, let's head to penalties right away.

Remiel

You know, I don't get all the Germany love in this thread.  I just don't.  England, well...they're overdue, and it'd be nice to see the championship go to the country that started it all.  But Germany?

As for the U.S. / England game coming up, my coworker came up with a brilliant way that the Americans can win. 

Are you ready for it? Here it goes:  keep taunting and provoking Rooney until he loses his cool, commits a flagrant foul and gets red carded.   ;D

Pixilicious

Quote from: Kit on June 12, 2010, 12:09:43 AM
And now it'll be England vs USA...oh lord! I may be American, but I have such a hard time rooting for them...go England! ;)

+ 100
After doing some research...I just have to say that the Americans will get their asses handed to them later...   ::)
Be a girl with a mind.  A woman with attitude. A lady with class

Phobetor

Didn't England loose one of their good players?

I'm not counting USA out. They have surprised me before and I'm sure they'll surprise me again. Like I said, they have a chance but I don't think they're gonna take the cup lol
Taking a break from E.

Kitsunetsuki

Quote from: Pixilicious on June 12, 2010, 11:20:50 AM
+ 100
After doing some research...I just have to say that the Americans will get their asses handed to them later...   ::)

Haha! They always do...I just would rather see England win...I'm such an anglophile :P

Quote from: Remiel on June 12, 2010, 11:18:11 AM
As for the U.S. / England game coming up, my coworker came up with a brilliant way that the Americans can win. 

Are you ready for it? Here it goes:  keep taunting and provoking Rooney until he loses his cool, commits a flagrant foul and gets red carded.   ;D
If the Americans want to win, that would seem to be their best shot at doing it! hehehe
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

Nico

Dear god, I hope that Rooney will keep his temper in check. They sure as hell won't tolerate another 'fuck you' to a referee.

Quote from: Pixilicious on June 12, 2010, 11:20:50 AM
+ 100

But at least it's nice asses ~laughs~
No, really, England so will win. Poor Donovan. :P

Quote from: GrapeTootsiePop on June 12, 2010, 11:24:18 AM
Didn't England loose one of their good players?

I'm not counting USA out. They have surprised me before and I'm sure they'll surprise me again. Like I said, they have a chance but I don't think they're gonna take the cup lol

Yeah, Becks is not playing. But we have Terry, too. :P

Pixilicious

Quote from: Kit on June 12, 2010, 11:26:42 AM
Haha! They always do...I just would rather see England win...I'm such an anglophile :P

*looks around to make sure Nic isn't around*  It's all because of Rooney...   ^-^

Quote from: Nicholas on June 12, 2010, 11:29:59 AM
Dear god, I hope that Rooney will keep his temper in check. They sure as hell won't tolerate another 'fuck you' to a referee.
But at least it's nice asses ~laughs~
No, really, England so will win. Poor Donovan. :P

Don't worry...I'm counting on England to win.  I'll be oggling Donovan's ass, but I'll be doing so while cheering on England.  :P

Nico

Quote from: Pixilicious on June 12, 2010, 11:32:15 AM
*looks around to make sure Nic isn't around*  It's all because of Rooney...   ^-^

Don't worry...I'm counting on England to win.  I'll be oggling Donovan's ass, but I'll be doing so while cheering on England.  :P
I am so proud that I infected you with the football fever. Mwuahahaha!

And.. I saw this!

Pixilicious

Quote from: Nicholas on June 12, 2010, 11:33:24 AM

And.. I saw this!

You did!  You've corrupted me in yet another way, babe!  :D

...........  You didn't see anything!  >:)

Rachubka

Rio Ferdinand isn't playing for England, it seems.

Didn't Capello somehow manage to get Carragher out of retirement? I haven't seen the final 23 man squad since I'm far too lazy to actually look it up. Beckham hurt his Achilles. :(

Phobetor

Quote from: Nicholas on June 12, 2010, 11:33:24 AM

Ugh so it was you? ;) lol *gives Nicholas the stink eye*
Taking a break from E.