News:

Main Menu

FIFA World Cup

Started by Nico, June 07, 2010, 01:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramster

Hehe, it's good to be a pedant :P
Leave not a piss untaken, nor a Michael unappropriated.
A/As!!!
Knight of the Order of the Pizza

Nulla gratuitas sine anchoa

Nico

Quote from: ramster on June 10, 2010, 11:12:10 PM
Hehe, it's good to be a pedant :P
But they still won't win!  XD

Ramster

If you look at the flow chart of the tournament, that implies England or Holland will beat them in the semi final, which means they'll most likely win, so let's hope! ;D
A/As!!!

Ridcully

Alright, fellas. Today is the day. And what do we have today...?

South Africa - Mexico (my guess: 0:2)
I like South Africa. But Mexico is a lot stronger, as the test vs. Italy showed. No chance for the hosts. Sorry.

U R GAY - France (my guess 1:1)
This match promises a whole lot of fun actually, not because of a good match, but because of the desperate glances of the French players.

Ribery, Henry, Anal...Anelka, Benzema, Gourcuff.

And then they are playing so bad, it already hurts the heart of any true soccer fan - not to mention, they only got to the World Cup because Henry is a damn cheater.

In any case, my guess is Urugay will have the lead and only in the 89th minute by a genius moment of Ribery or Gourcuff France will tie the score. And then after it, the French press will want to bring back our Robespierre's Guillotine and have their way with the French national coach Domench. Fun ahead. Watch out for it.

Stan'

I've put on a Mexico-France double at the bookies.  £5, coming in at 5-1 odds.  £25 return.

As a fall-back measure, I've stuck Uruguay on for a £1 win.  12-5, a few quid back.

Scribbles

I haz my Vuvuzela, South African t-shirt and lots of hope.  :-)

Optimistically: 1 - 0 to the rainbow nation!
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

Ridcully

Quote from: Stan' on June 11, 2010, 06:56:32 AM
I've put on a Mexico-France double at the bookies.  £5, coming in at 5-1 odds.  £25 return.

As a fall-back measure, I've stuck Uruguay on for a £1 win.  12-5, a few quid back.

Oh, gambling. You're so right. I forgot to do it. I'll be right on with it too - woooooooot.

Quote from: Scribbles on June 11, 2010, 06:57:22 AM
I haz my Vuvuzela, South African t-shirt and lots of hope.  :-)

Optimistically: 1 - 0 to the rainbow nation!

I'd be happy, and my fingers are crossed for you, but the soccer realist inside of me just says..."No". Especially not without McCarthy. At which McDonalds will he spend the summer btw?

Nico

Go South Africa!!  ;D

Remiel

1 - 0 South Africa!  I truly did not see that coming.

[EDIT] Oh, never mind.  Looks like Mexico evened it up.

Also, you can bet every single Irish person in the world will be cheering for U R Gay, I mean Uruguay.  Also known as the tiny South American nation no one's ever heard of, yet which also managed to win two World Cups.

Stan'

Un-fucking-believable.

I put on Mexico for the win, and they embarrass themselves.  Pathetic.

Remiel

Quote from: Stan' on June 11, 2010, 11:21:10 AM
Un-fucking-believable.

I put on Mexico for the win, and they embarrass themselves.  Pathetic.

Yeah, it's funny.  If Mexico plays in Mexico, they can beat any team in the world.  If they play somewhere else, they tend to underwhelm.

Nico

And tomorrow...

ENGLAND vs USA!!!!

Remiel

Quote from: Nicholas on June 11, 2010, 12:49:48 PM
And tomorrow...

ENGLAND vs USA!!!!

I'm going to a pub tomorrow with a whole bunch of my fellow Yanks to yell for the good old U S of A.  It's going to be awesome.

Nico

Quote from: Remiel on June 11, 2010, 01:06:17 PM
I'm going to a pub tomorrow with a whole bunch of my fellow Yanks to yell for the good old U S of A.  It's going to be awesome.
We're going to Public Viewing here. There's a great video wall, beer and snacks. Will be amazing! :D

TheWriter

Quote from: Remiel on June 11, 2010, 10:47:01 AM
Also, you can bet every single Irish person in the world will be cheering for U R Gay, I mean Uruguay.  Also known as the tiny South American nation no one's ever heard of, yet which also managed to win two World Cups.
I can tell you who WON'T be going for the U R GAYans.  We Aussies have more than a little history with those dirty rotten cheating bas... er, extollers of quality gamesmanship.  Allez Les Bleus.

And as an Australian, seeing as even at this early stage we're still technically competing against England... and I can't believe I'm saying this... go USA.

Ramster

QuoteAllez Les Bleus.

You do realise Uruguay are playing in blue? Go Suarez, Forlan and Lodeiro!

John Cleese rants - Soccer vs Football
A/As!!!

Nico

Uruguay really isn't playing their best game. Neither is France...

Stan'

This is dire.

I've seen better football on a Saturday morning up the park better than this.

Nico

Quote from: Stan' on June 11, 2010, 02:54:51 PM
This is dire.

I've seen better football on a Saturday morning up the park better than this.
Agreed. It's sad to watch.

TheWriter

Quote from: ramster on June 11, 2010, 02:47:48 PM
You do realise Uruguay are playing in blue?
You do realise the nickname for the French national team has always been Les Bleus, even when they are in fact playing in white?

Also, which one of the Uruguayans said they had the "divine right" to play in the World Cup back in the qualifiers in '05?  What's his name, Rexona, Recona?

Oh dear, red card for Lodiero!  And after only sixteen minutes on the pitch!

Ramster

QuoteYou do realise the nickname for the French national team has always been Les Bleus, even when they are in fact playing in white?

Yes, which makes it all the funnier when they're struggling against a team in blue. See my signature.

It's good to see an Australian with such a passion for the beautiful game. I remember Aloisi keeping Coventry City in the Premiership pretty much single handedly with  Robbie Keane, back in the day. He was a fun player to watch!
A/As!!!

Avi

I'm pulling for England and the United States in this one... though tomorrow, eff the Brits. XD

Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Phobetor

Man let me inform you that watching the FIFA Live Play by Play is NOTHING compared to the real thing...but it was the only thing I could do since I was at work. *grumbles about evil work*

South Africa vs. Mexico : I'm kind of disappointed in Mexico. I thought they would have done better! =/ The 1-1 score was last minute luck for them.

Uruguay vs. France : I didn't even have to see it to know that game was TENSE! And while Uruguay's defense was doing awesome...I wasn't happy about the 0-0 score.

I can't wait for tomorrow. U S A !! Wooohooo!!!!
Not Available for new Stories.
Taking a break from E.

Pixilicious

Hey Nicholas...

*coughs*  Landon Donovan  *coughs*
Be a girl with a mind.  A woman with attitude. A lady with class

Nico

Quote from: GrapeTootsiePop on June 11, 2010, 10:43:50 PM

Uruguay vs. France : I didn't even have to see it to know that game was TENSE! And while Uruguay's defense was doing awesome...I wasn't happy about the 0-0 score.

I agree, completely. I expected a bit more from Forlan and Henry.

And yes, today... ENGLAND! For the win!  XD
Quote from: Pixilicious on June 11, 2010, 11:29:25 PM
Hey Nicholas...

*coughs*  Landon Donovan  *coughs*

Yeah, yeah.. :P