Pro-Wrestling Takedown Federation (W.T.F.) - Seeking Diva's

Started by BlackestKnight, August 20, 2013, 09:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackestKnight

Approved Wrestler Roster

OOC Thread

WTF indeed, I've been thinking a lot about wrestling as of late,  ever since hearing about the results from last sunday's main event show and watching the monday night raw following Summer Slam. I thought a professional wrestling game might be something worth looking into. Well, even before then I was following the general storyline but I didn't really become invested until sunday night's SWERVE. I really like what WWE is doing right now with this McMahon/Bryan angle.

CM punk is good in anything he's in, the tag team division is interesting again thanks to the prime time players, who I always felt were underrated and in need of facetime with the proper push and finally Superman is away which means the product will improve with Bryan as the headliner.

There's so much talent right now in wrestling it's insane.  Shout-outs to husky harris for bringing the ring psychology back into wrestling, I love his new gimmick.

My faith in professional wrestling hath returned. Call it a second coming miracle resurrection.

I have this idea of a pro-wrestling mega-conglomerate largely based on the WWE, but it's more of a parody, with its own sort of divergent origin story founded by an eccentric texas billionaire. In this universe, everything would remain similar in terms of developments except that there would be no shawn michaels, the rock, john cena or undertaker, etc.

Instead there would be close approximate expies of the superstars, all submitted characters would have to be originals, however I wouldn't mind if someone were to use a face claim of a lesser known star like a dean ambrose or an NXT talent, Randy Orton would be too much.

I'll probably get around to structuring the design for the game either tomorrow or sometime later this week, but I'm interested in hearing feedback from people about what kind of ideas/superstars  they have in mind.  Heels are encouraged as well as Divas!

Wrestling Attributes

Durability:
- Take damage
- Get "busted open"
- Do Finisher kick-outs
- Do lots of strong grapples

Strength:
- Do lots of strikes
- Do Finishers and Signature moves

Speed:
- Do running moves
- Top rope and dive
- Do many quick grapples
- Tasks requiring Agility
- Flexibility

Submission:
- Do submissions
- Attack limbs
- Do ground grapples

Technical:
- Do reversals
- Do technical moves

* Try the same thing for durability, but work on reversing enemy moves. Note
since winning matches are not a criteria, losing isn't as bad when building
the technical stat.

Stamina:
- Do kick outs
- Have stamina active
- Do extended submissions

* Turn on the stamina option for matches and work the meter by having time run
out instead of going for the normal victory conditions. Consider it an
exercise thing, rather than a one-punch ends the match thing.

Charisma:
- Taunts
- Fan favorite move/taunts
- Ability to cut a decent promo/mic skills.

* Fight near the fans and entertain yourself. If you find it entertaining (as
a wrestling fan), it will generally improve this stat.

Hardcore:
- Do strikes/grapples with weapons
- Fight out of the ring

* Use weapons. A lot

More to Come...

Create-a-Superstar!

[float=right][img height=500][/img][/float]
Played by:
Stage Name:
Height:
Weight:
Hometown:
Alignment: (Face, Tweener, Heel)
Gimmick: (A brief description of your wrestler)
Style:  (What kind of wrestler are you? Classic, Power, Hybrid, Striker, Guile, Speedster, Acrobat, Technical, Hardcore, Unorthodox, Olympian )
Signature Move(s):
Trademark Taunt: (Can be a phrase or gesture. Using your trademark taunt can help your wrestler out of a tough spot or give them that extra boost)
Theme Music:

Attributes

Durability: x/10
Strength:x/10
Technique: x/10
Submission: x/10
Speed/Aerial: x/10
Stamina: x/10
Charisma: x/10
Hardcore: x/10
Overall:

Carlissa

Yesterday's show was the first time I can actually say that I enjoyed watching wrestling in a LONG time. I rarely watch wrestling nowadays, since I find the new characters, storylines, and drama to be kinda lame. But after watching RAW yesterday, I'm actually really excited to see what happens next!

I do enjoy the WWE games though. I only buy one every few years (SvR 2006, SvR 2010, and WWE13 are the ones I own right now), but I'm super hyped for 2k14! When I heard Goldberg was going to be in it, I flipped out. Goldberg! Goldberg!!! Goldberg!!!!! *Squeals*

Anyways... if this RP is going to be strictly based off of WWE, then I might bring one of my reoccurring CaW from the video games into play. I never used her in a RP before, but it might be interesting to bring her into a written form.
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Carlissa on August 20, 2013, 09:57:19 PM
Yesterday's show was the first time I can actually say that I enjoyed watching wrestling in a LONG time. I rarely watch wrestling nowadays, since I find the new characters, storylines, and drama to be kinda lame. But after watching RAW yesterday, I'm actually really excited to see what happens next!

I do enjoy the WWE games though. I only buy one every few years (SvR 2006, SvR 2010, and WWE13 are the ones I own right now), but I'm super hyped for 2k14! When I heard Goldberg was going to be in it, I flipped out. Goldberg! Goldberg!!! Goldberg!!!!! *Squeals*

Anyways... if this RP is going to be strictly based off of WWE, then I might bring one of my reoccurring CaW from the video games into play. I never used her in a RP before, but it might be interesting to bring her into a written form.

Goldberg?

You mean him? He's been back for awhile.  Though he isn't as good as he use to be.

Carlissa

And less entertaining too.

"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Carlissa on August 20, 2013, 11:28:28 PM
And more boring too.

He's not bad when he sticks to his backstage bully persona, anything else he should stay away from, he's not interesting enough to carry a main event special. His lackluster feud with Cena proved that, midcard hell maybe?  I can see him being a placeholder challenger for the U.S. champion belt or something but they shouldn't give him anything above a world heavyweight belt at best. Speaking of belts, I haven't decided on the look or proper  title of belts I'll be using  for this game. I'm thinking about going for an animal motif here..... Eagle motif for the cruiserweight division championship, Bull for the Intercontinental Championship , gemini for the tag division belts,  A fox for the Vixen's division, Lion for the world heavyweight division,  and Dragon for the WTF Main Belt.

Carlissa

Personally, I think he has potential if the writers really want him to be big star. Look at Daniel Bryan for example. When he was first introduced he was far from being main event worthy, even less so than Ryback. And look at him now, winning the WWE championship only to have it taken away from him, leading to a story arc that has the potential to be on of the best we've seen in a while. Anything is possible.

For the belts... Well, in my opinion, it would be a good idea to keep them more generic like the ones in use today. Not necessarily because they are better than a motif theme, but because it leaves more room for personal customization. Some of the most memorable belts in the history of the WWE were customized by the superstars that had them (Stone-Cold's Smoking Skull, John Cena's spinning belt, ect.). Now I'm not saying that the belt should change appearance every time it changes hands (unless you like that idea), but changing the belts' appearances every once in a while to match the champion's personality would make the title belts a little more interesting themselves.

At least I think so.

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Carlissa on August 21, 2013, 12:09:59 AM
Personally, I think he has potential if the writers really want him to be big star. Look at Daniel Bryan for example. When he was first introduced he was far from being main event worthy, even less so than Ryback. And look at him now, winning the WWE championship only to have it taken away from him, leading to a story arc that has the potential to be on of the best we've seen in a while. Anything is possible.

For the belts... Well, in my opinion, it would be a good idea to keep them more generic like the ones in use today. Not necessarily because they are better than a motif theme, but because it leaves more room for personal customization. Some of the most memorable belts in the history of the WWE were customized by the superstars that had them (Stone-Cold's Smoking Skull, John Cena's spinning belt, ect.). Now I'm not saying that the belt should change appearance every time it changes hands (unless you like that idea), but changing the belts' appearances every once in a while to match the champion's personality would make the title belts a little more interesting themselves.

At least I think so.

I think you have a point there...I'll leave the main event and probably the Vixen's belt open to customization, all the other belts will keep the animal themes.

Countdown0

When you say you picture the company being based on WWE, but more of a parody, what do you mean?

Also, would we be only role playing the kayfabe part and treating it as though it were real and our characters really were larger than life, or is this a true to life wresting rp, where we also play the character off camera and out of character interactions?
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Hogan

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Countdown0 on August 21, 2013, 01:15:19 AM
When you say you picture the company being based on WWE, but more of a parody, what do you mean?

Also, would we be only role playing the kayfabe part and treating it as though it were real and our characters really were larger than life, or is this a true to life wresting rp, where we also play the character off camera and out of character interactions?

With a name like WTF, it's hard to be 100% completely serious. The fans are aware of this, hence why "WTF" is a favorite chant whenever something inexplicable happens in the ring.

It's an in-joke obviously. If anything I was thinking something along the lines of a satire off the WWE, kinda taken up a notch or two in certain areas(like the WWE's corny anti-bullying public relations campaign, we could parody that a bit, and some of the  antics and politics going on in the WWE on camera and off. Jack swagger's marijuana arrest, darren young's recent coming out of the closet etc) but still present a mostly serious wrestling product, I was thinking just a few jabs or two at the WWE and other wrestling communities.

Whether you want to stick to kayfabe part time or all the time is entirely up to you, you're your own wrestler. I can't tell you how  to conduct yourself away from the cameras.

RubySlippers

I had an idea for a Diva more old school though won't dress like a bimbo and would be the grand daughter of some seriously big name, I'm thinking Crusher Lisowski aka The Crusher out of Wisconsin. Her name: Lady Crusher Lisowski.

An older school sort of wrestler focusing on technique and basic moves not flashy, likely will see Diva's as bimbos and tramps unless they "dress appropriately". I picture her coming from Japan where she had a good career so far and brought in due to her grandfather and she looks good even covered up more than modern Diva's.

xPeachyPuff

I would love to play a DIVA! Absolutely love WWE and wrestling and shizz, so I'm pretty much on board. I know what happened at Summer Slam, but I do need to catch up and actually watch it, haha.

So yeah, sign me up and I'll go look around for some inspiration. I'm thinking of something AJ Lee like, as in small, under-dog typish who's not afraid to use what's needed to get where she wants to be. But at the same time, less crazy :P We'll see.

- Rainbow ♥

InnocentSynn

well I've been doing wrestling related RP for ten years and I've always enjoyed it, so count me in....already got a character in mind with a hell of a history on the e-fed circuit

Carlissa

eFed? Isn't hat some kind of fantasy wrestling or something?

InnocentSynn

depending on where you go, it's actually alot like a large group RP here that's completely focused on wrestling.  The ones I spent the most time on, you would write a post and anyone could follow it up if they wanted.  Only problem I ever had with it was that you had to allow them to take control of your character a bit and it sometimes led to a no-selling situation if they didn't pay attention.

so yes, in a nutshell it was fantasy wrestling lol

Carlissa

So it isn't a single structured society of RPers, but rather a term or play style that describes a way of roleplaying?

InnocentSynn

yes, though from there there are actually sub-categories that define the different styles used by the various e-feds......there's a lot of them and I'm not the best at explaining them, but if you want I can give it a go.

Carlissa

Umm... I mean, I guess you can. It might be a little off topic though...

But then again, BlakestKnight has been casterated, so I'm not sure when he'll be un-casterated and we can start the RP, so maybe it would help... keep... the interest thread alive?... I guess?

Speaking of which, is this RP still happening?

InnocentSynn

well if he doesn't do it, I'll be happy to head up something like it so one way or another, it can happen.

BlackestKnight

RubySlippers

Carlissa

BlackestKnight

I got around to posting a create-a-wrestler sheet for those who are interested in fleshing out their characters a bit more. I'll probably get around to detailing the possible stables/cliques sometime tonight or tomorrow as well as specifics about the organization and the televised shows.

xPeachyPuff

I'm totally still in! (: Gonna look into creating a wrestler now.

- Rainbow ♥

xPeachyPuff

Quick Question!

Anyone wanting a sidekick who's new to the business? Trying to come up with a gimmick for MC. If anyone's interested please PM me or something. Also, just for a reference, I was intending for her to be a Heel, but that's subject to change.

- Rainbow ♥