Interest check - Superheroes

Started by Arkaniel, August 31, 2010, 01:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkaniel

The modern day suffers from many problem. Natural disasters are par of the course. Terrorists rampage throughout the world, claiming more and more lives every day. Drugs were never so widely available, the drug lords never so unstoppable. Warlords threaten the world, while weapon's merchants, mercenaries and other less than legal people practically own the world in the way they act. Science advances faster than people can keep up with, as does technology. Toxic and radio-active waste form problems no one seemed to watch out for before.

Accidents happen…

Genes are altered…

Humanity is showing the first signs of a next major wave of mutations. As this is the first generation, the changes vary and can be both internal, external or even both, altering minds, brains, bodies and the energy system of human bodies.

Abilities manifest themselves…

Does this sound familiar? Then you are one of the first generation, too. Someone gifted with powers that are beyond belief, capable of doing things no rational mind can logically explain. You aren’t alone, though.

- - - -

I am looking for a small group roleplay of original superheroes, where we create our own villains, our own disasters and our own characters to face the world at large. We will have to deal with secret identities, distrust of the populace, the military and the world’s governments. We will have to face double lives, ruining our careers, our relationships, as we simply try to do the right thing.

We will also have to fight for our lives, as the criminals find new weapons to deal with us, as secret organizations aren’t so happy with us freaks stealing the show. And… we might not have been as alone in the galaxy as we thought.

Anyone interested? Suggestions or comments? I am not looking for an army of supermen, though more than one ability is definitely allowed. A good history and origin of your powers is appreciated. We will start from scratch, all the way from designing our first uniforms, stopping our first crimes and so on. Focal point will be New York. So, your profiles don’t need alter ego names yet, nor costumes, though suggestions are always possible.

PM me or post a character sheet, or just a notification that you would like to join.

I am looking for three to five coplayers, one to three males and two to three females.

Tabtab

I'd likely be interested. Two questions though: Is this going to use a specific game system, be completely freeform, or lie in between?

And what is the nature of the erotic content going to be? Should we expect sexual-based villains and NC elements, or romance within the team?
O&O

boyblue23

I'm also interested, just let me know what you would like in terms of a profile and such :)

TheVillain

Might be interested depending on the others.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Arkaniel

The erotic part will be more limited in the main story line. This will be an action-adventure roleplay. Team romances, introducing other characters for romances or taking it up with a particularly villain is all allowed. No orgies, though. A bit of NC would be possible, but again, it will not be part of the main storyline.

The story will be freeform.

As for profiles:

Name:
Personality:
Looks: (picture is allowed and keep one in mind for later as superhero costume possibly)
Origin of powers: Naturally born, accident or deliberate science experiment.
Powers: Keep them moderate, open for evolvement if necessary. Think X-men. Not Superman. Actual powers are not necessary. Well-trained, well-armed, technologically assisted vigilantes/heroes are possible, too, along the lines of Iron Man or Batman. Let your imagination run wild.

Polymorph

Hi

New here to Elliquiy, but I've done some adult roleplay elsewhere. This looks interesting. Is it only heroes that you want? Had an idea for a character, but it would fall in the gap between vigilante and villain.

Arkaniel

Propose it and we'll see. As you see, I'll be accepting only one or two other males.

Also, take your time. I'll be absent for the coming 7 days. Last minute holiday.