News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Gingerbread House (All Welcome - Open Rp)

Started by Aislinn, July 28, 2013, 11:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phloughphie

He moves as fast as she pushes and guides him,

Dys Astyr

When they got back to the spot at which they had first appeared, they found themselves in a dead end. Fear raced through her veins, not the quavering, nebulous fear of the unknown, but the sharp, hard fear of knowing quite exactly what waits in the darkness just out of sight. The cave, which had for short moments seemed like some sort of beautiful underground bastion felt more like a tomb with each passing moment. Even the glowing flora that inhabited it began to seem sinister.

Over the steady drip drip and the harsh sounds of her own breathing Syk could just make out the almost sounds of what lived within the cave. Profanity continued to spill from her lips, her grip on her companions arm tightened, and she started shouting for him to take them back. She could feel herself make the words, but couldn't hear them, her ears were completely focused on the soft scraping sound, almost as if a breeze were moving over a rough surface, so soft and quiet it was. She was still talking, vaguely aware in some distant part of her mind that Fluffy was responding, but her eyes were locked on the darkness behind them.

The scraping noise was getting closer, more insistent. Like the soft chords of insanity it whispered in her ear, drowning out everything else. She knew soon she would be able to see the horror once again, yet her eyes refused to shut it out. She gazed into that darkness, unable to look away.

With a sickening lurch the world shifted around her, tipping her over the edge of panic for a moment. She swung around wildly with the spork, only to stumble over an over sized pie tin. After a frantic look around she realized they were back in the gingerbread house, standing right where they had been before. She laughed, the sweet laugh of escaping with her life. Syk let go of her friend's arm with a sheepish grin.

From outside came the sounds of bellowing and stomping, as if someone had unleashed a stampede near the house. Moving to one of the windows she threw open the casements to the cool evening air, a chill crawling over her as she thought how good it was to no longer be in the cave. She yelled out to the one who was making a ruckus to pipe down and come inside if that's what he was after. Syk stayed sitting on the window sill, breathing in the cool air and letting the unpleasant rush ebb out into the twilight sky.
Alive! Trying to catch up but there is a lot, please be patient! Thank you. <3

Phloughphie

"If only we had had a light we could have seen what was happening.  I plan to take a light next time.  And more chocolate milk, too.  And ice cream."  Phloughphie hugged syk and added "Was it good for you, too?"

Phloughphie

Now that they are back he wanders around a little noticing the ever present fragrance of  ginger lingering on the air.  He returns to syk but she still seems distant and away.

Phloughphie

All of this ginger odor is making him hungry again.  He takes a small bite of the edga of a piece of molding around a door. "Hmm.  ginger alright.  But yuck!  Stale!!"  He spits it out into his hand.

FierceChaos

Chaos thought he heard someone yell something but he was not sure what had been yelled. He proceeded to crack the door open and said "I could not make out what you were saying , did you give me permission to enter?" Asking no one in particular.

Phloughphie

Phloughphie responds with "Not my house so not my rules.  I don't think that the door has a lock."

Dys Astyr

Speaks suddenly, addressing no one in particular, seeming slightly off beat with what is happening around her. A ghost of smile is painted briefly on her lips

Some things are better left unseen.

Syk rubs her face and then rakes her hand up through her hair. Tipping her head back she laughs, heartily, as if some sort of switch has been thrown she is back to normal.

The time has come, my friends, to talk of other things: of shoes and ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings!

She crosses to the door with a few long strides, throwing it wide and glaring at the man outside.

Do you plan to dwaddle on the door step all day, or are you perhaps only here to sell over priced cookies?

FierceChaos

Chaos is taken aback when a beautiful woman throws the door open and ask if he would coming inside. "Well, if the women inside are half as beautiful as you I would be an idiot to not enter," he said, taking Syk's hand kisses it before moving inside.

Dys Astyr

Wrinkles her nose and wipes her hand off on her pants, not wanting to have the lunatic cooties spread, only to be brusquely pushed to the side as the man barged through the door.

I don't think this one has a day pass, he is an escapee for sure.

FierceChaos

Chaos walked into the living area falling onto one of the chairs, it squeaked barely holding the giants frame. "So do I need to fetch my own food and drink or does this place have wenches to tend to me?'

Dys Astyr

Wenches to attend you? Starts to chuckle, which slowly grows into a fit of laughter that has her doubled over. Slowly she regains control of herself, wiping a tear from her eye and still occasionally spurting a laugh.

I don't know what sort of establishment you think this is, but I doubt there is going to be anyone attending you, as you say. Actually I am not even certain that the proprietors realize we are crashing around there place, they seem to be conspicuously absent. 

Phloughphie

"I'm not sure but some of the ladies here might geld you if you pressed that issue.  I bring stuff here."

FierceChaos

"well I thought this was an inn," said Chaos, as he stood up and headed to the kitchen to find some food. Once there started looking around slamming cabinets as he was getting hungry, his blood lust was building and he needed to find some food and drink before he snapped. He let out a roar of rage before continuing his search.

Dys Astyr

Grins at Fluffington.

A man of wisdom you are my friend. Though if needed I shall defend your honor.

What more she might have said was cut short by the sound of a war waging in the kitchen. She leans on the door frame observing the havoc, gesturing conspiratorially to Fluffules and snickering at the proceedings

Phloughphie

Phloughphie hums to himself as he eats a ham and Havarti on sourdough rye sandwich.  Several bread and butter pickle slices are between the cheese and meat just like Sheldor suggested.  Another glass of chocolate milk rounds out his meal.  When he is done eating his humming turns to singing or something totally unrelated to it.

“A little each hour,
Then a little bit more,
I’ll get the power,
I’ll up my score.
One post at a time,
One post at a time,
I’ll make Enchanted,
One post at a time."

Then he asks syk if she wants a sandwich and then hr shuts up.

Dys Astyr

Pulls her sling shot back out, head tilted as she listened to Fluffy's silly song. From her pocket a bean is produced, slipped into the cradle of the sling and then launched at the riotous new comers backside, a smart thwik marking its success. The evidence is then quickly hidden away in pockets. Turning Syk joins in the silly song, eyes glittering with mischief and suppressing giggles between lines.

Every day, every night
My count grows to quite a sight!
Every night, every day
How large will it get, no one can say!

FierceChaos

Chaos felt the small object hit him in the backside, turning around He walked with slow deliberation towards the cute spunky female. "I am sorry for my conduct earlier my lady, I am hungry and I have been standing at the door for most of the night I hope you can understand." 

Dys Astyr

Call me lady again and I am gonna think your trying to pick of fight. Standing up straighter she glowered, disliking other people being taller than herself.

FierceChaos

Letting out a laugh Chaos asked,"Well then ..uh..mam..what is your name so I do not make the same mistake again." Looking into her eyes , he liked the fire he saw there.

Dys Astyr

She wrinkled her nose at being ma'amed, wondering absently if she looks old enough to be a ma'am, old ladies were ma'ams. Syk glared at the male one more time for good measure before offering a calloused hand for a shake.

Syk.

Phloughphie

Phloughphie steps over to syk and hugs her.  "But you are a Lady, syk,  and I seem to be a Lord."

FierceChaos

"Well met Syk I am sorry if I have offended you, and you are sir," asked Chaos, Looking at the interaction of the two he wondered to himself if they were together.

Dys Astyr

No! Never! You can't make me! You will never take me alive! Runs outside, rolls in a mud puddle, assaults an unfortunate passer-by, climbs to the top of a very tall tree, does the Tarzan yell, and then takes one more spin in the mud before coming back inside.

Female or not, lady is one thing I shall never be.

Phloughphie

Phloughphie returns to the Gingerbread House geared up for another adventure and begins looking for syk.