News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Problems with PM notifications or all notifications?

Started by Beguile's Mistress, February 06, 2015, 02:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beguile's Mistress

I'm not receiving some of the PM notifications, usually the long PMs.  PMs you can keep track of from the Inbox but now I'm wondering what else I might be missing.

Ket

As in notifications through e-mail that you've received a PM? Because if so, I've been having the same issue since last night, and I thought it was just my phone being whacky because I have two different g-mail accounts set up on it. But my other notifications aren't coming through either.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Ket on February 06, 2015, 03:22:00 PM
As in notifications through e-mail that you've received a PM? Because if so, I've been having the same issue since last night, and I thought it was just my phone being whacky because I have two different g-mail accounts set up on it. But my other notifications aren't coming through either.
Yep!  They are longer ones.  The ones with only a few lines have no problem. 

Ket

Thinking back on it, you're right. PM's with only a couple of lines I get notifications for, but anything longer than that and no notification. And definitely no notification for a thread that I've set to notify.

I blame it on the snow.  :D
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Beguile's Mistress

Reminds me of a line from a Julia Roberts movie.  Something about snow blowing. ;D

Oreo

Ket, did you go in and set the notification parameters in your profile as well? They were all set to default off a while back. They need to be reset in your profile again.

I can't answer about the PM part, but that might be why you aren't getting forum notifications.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Ket

I did. Everything was working fine until sometime yesterday. And I still get notifications of really short PMs, but anything over a few sentences, nothing.

Like I said, I blame it on the snow. Trust me, there is enough here to blame all the world's problems on.

Beguile's Mistress

Oniya

If you look at the PMs that haven't given you notifications, is there anything other than plain text in them?  Links, images, international characters, etc, or are they simply long?  I'm vaguely remembering something like this happening before to someone.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Oniya on February 07, 2015, 11:07:41 AM
If you look at the PMs that haven't given you notifications, is there anything other than plain text in them?  Links, images, international characters, etc, or are they simply long?  I'm vaguely remembering something like this happening before to someone.

Like I said, they are long.  There are no links to anything.  In fact, those that had links were a problem before but they aren't now.  Some that had quotes were a problem before but they aren't now.  In fact, I've been receiving PMs from this person for years and they've always been long - and - when there was a problem before the notification would come but the text would be missing.

Now, the email doesn't arrive in the Inbox at all.  However, as with many other things on this site something has changed or been changed and some notifications (not PM ones) are going to my Spam folder.  The most amazing thing is that while notifications for some threads are going to Spam other notifications for the same threads are going to the Inbox so it can't be me, something I did or something in my profile as has been suggested about it being my fault at other times.

I'll be marking the notifications in Spam as Not Spam but if E is routing the notifications there is nothing else I can do but - I suppose - learn to live with it as I have with several other things here.

Beguile's Mistress

And again a long PM from my friend showed up in spam.  And there are no links or images or anything in it except words - lots and lots of words.

Maybe it's a ploy to discourage people who want to use PMs for role playing.

Beguile's Mistress

BTW - Another PM was sent at the same time by the same person and contained a video.  That arrived in my Inbox.

So, one PM notification to spam and one to the Inbox.

Oreo

Did you move it out of the spam folder, into the inbox? Or mark it as not spam?

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Beguile's Mistress

When you mark gmail as not spam it moves out of the spam folder as part of the process.

I'm doing what needs done and if that isn't fixing E's problem there is nothing I can do about that.

Oreo

I sent a note to Veks. Hopefully he can figure it all out.

*hugs* Thanks for fixing things on your end.

Beguile's Mistress

Thank you for sending a note.  If any good comes of that I'll let you know. :-)

Vekseid

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on February 07, 2015, 01:44:12 PM
And again a long PM from my friend showed up in spam.  And there are no links or images or anything in it except words - lots and lots of words.

Maybe it's a ploy to discourage people who want to use PMs for role playing.

Google is probably thinking it's smarter than you again.

Keep on hitting 'not spam' on it, and it will eventually wise up.

Make sure our e-mail is in your contacts list, etc.

Likely what is happening is certain phrases are getting flagged and making teh Google suspicious.

Beguile's Mistress

I accidentally opened one of the Elliquiy messages in my spam folder.  Found this message in it.

QuoteWhy is this message in Spam? It has a from address in elliquiy.com but has failed elliquiy.com's required tests for authentication.

The message goes away when the email is labeled Not Spam.

Beguile's Mistress

*sighs*  It's still a problem.  I get between 15 and 20 messages sent to spam every day. 

Some are notifications for new threads.

Some are the PMs from my friend that are really long:  one that comes every day, one that comes every Monday thru Friday.

Some are Topic Replies:  not always the same topics and sometimes one message out of man will go to spam while everything else goes to the Inbox. 

I've been clicking the Not Spam button (I have gmail) but sometimes I click the Delete Forever button by mistake.  It's tiresome but it looks like I'm stuck with it forever.

Oreo

Just to make sure all the T's are crossed, you do have webmaster@elliquiy.com listed in your contacts? Not just elliquiy.com?

Beguile's Mistress

I do.  All of the spam messages are ticked for that. 

gmail runs conversations with 61 messages from the same source and I've received a few for one thread in spam and all the rest in the Inbox.  How does one out of 61 look like spam while the others don't?

Oreo

I don't know. It would be driving me nutzoid. Gmail and I have love hate relationship.

Beguile's Mistress

Thanks for trying to help, Oreo.  It has me feeling down right now and I guess I'm a bit cranky.

Vekseid

You can try creating a filter to send things straight to your inbox? : /

Izu

Wait... you mean to say that PM notifications are working? I haven't been receiving those for months....
Yahoo mail that is...

Two problems - my mail was full.
And Yahoo discontinued the email notifications. Wtf... :( Super stupid from their side.

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...