SkyLancers of Kenterra - A MagiPunk Fantasy Adventure

Started by MyttraDW, November 11, 2023, 05:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juggtacular

Quote from: MyttraDW on November 13, 2023, 07:05:25 PMI suppose? To be fair I've never watched the A-Team xD

Lol no worries. They were a Spec Ops Commando team in the US Army. They get framed for a crime they didn't commit, escape imprisonment(which is technically their only crime), then go on adventures that usually involve helping down and out people or those who can afford their fee.

AndyZ

I’m going to be honest: the game looks cool but I’m at a complete blank of what to play.  Sorry.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

MyttraDW

Quote from: AndyZ on November 14, 2023, 10:41:25 AMI’m going to be honest: the game looks cool but I’m at a complete blank of what to play.  Sorry.
Eh, no worries. It happens. I could offer help if you want, or just let you be

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

MyttraDW

Quote from: AndyZ on November 14, 2023, 11:33:29 AMI appreciate it but I’m having a garbage day
That's no fun, I am sorry to hear that

MyttraDW

And if anyone wants to post a sheet here for review first, instead of the main thread, please feel free :)

Character Sheet
[Visual Reference -- Optional]
Name:
Race:
Combat Style:
Gear:

Personality [Optional]:
History [Simple or Detailed]:

Krys

Count me interested, reading the document and thinking about a nice character right now.
Disclaimer (WIP):
English isn't my native language. I'm deeply rooted in a culture with significantly different (much more direct) communcation strategies than typical for the extremely polite british or canadian cultures, or the "optimistic" approach often used in the USA. Additionally, I'm not neurotypical in several ways, warping my perception and communication to an even further degree.

But: my english is JUST good enough to lull many readers into a false sense of security. Think of it as the communicative equivalent to "false friends words" which, while extremely similar in outward appearance in two languages, mean something slightly but importantly different. Like "I want to become a steak" makes perfect sense to a german... that still would prefer not to be butchered.

So please, if you perceive my words as rude, my intentions as unemotional or just weird: ask me. I'm not always successful in my attempts to correctly guess the fluff and embellishments needed for successful communication. Not in my native german tongue, much less so in english. Please do not interpret them as bad intent, but feel free to ask for clarifications. I'll try my best to solve such misunderstandings, and learn to prevent them.

MyttraDW

Glad to have you! Expect a PM soon with a Discord link for ya (If you'd rather stick with just E OOC, that is also fine)

Gardsorm

Been looking at the idea for a few days, still considering how I want to go about it. Seeing plenty of familiar faces though, which is always good. : ) 

MyttraDW

@Juggtacular 
Looks good to me so far, I think. I do want to ask if you'd be willing to give some information on Kee'nai. Specifically coloration and personality at the least. 

Rainbae

Name: Eleonora “Nora” Brescon
Race: Human
Home Nation: Glimuth
Sexuality: Heterosexual (Submissive)

Combat Style: Nora contributes to battles in two ways. The primary way being her custom made Tek golems that she is constantly tinkering with and upgrading. They all have extravagant designs with ridiculous paint jobs and a myriad assortment of ornaments from horns to skulls and many more. Besides that she “aids” her allies in combat, often to a less helpful degree, with her large variety of crazy gadgets and inventions she creates. Her main personal weapon is a very large flamethrower she has made that (usually) doesn’t blow up! She also uses various bombs and other random gizmos that are often equally as detrimental to her team as her enemies.
Gear:
“BURNadette”:
The very large flamethrower Nora custom designed. It has several glyphs forged into it to allow it to gather aether from the surrounding environment to shoot out high pressure bouts of flames. It also has a nozzle shaped like a dragon.

Maxmillion “Max the Minion”:
Max is the personal servant Tek Nora designed specifically for herself as a child to help out in the shop and also as a companion. His personality has developed decently well over the years as his Crystech core formed and shaped to Nora’s constant tweaking. He is generally bright and chipper and raring to go for the insanity that Nora commits him to regularly. However she is vigilant in his upkeep and repairs so he never comes out the other end too damaged. Max’s vocabulary is small, mostly words and phrases taken from Nora’s constant shouting and babbling however he can have basic conversations. His job mostly is to assist Nora with her work by handing her tools and what not. He does not have any combat or general labour ability.

Mortimus “the Tortoise”:
Mortimus or just “Mort”, as Nora often refers to him as, is the Battletek Nora custom built from scrap parts. His design is specifically one that emphasizes defense over offense. His armour is thick and his chassis is built strong to be resistant to mangling. Nora designed him this way so that she can freely rain down destruction with her ridiculous inventions while safely standing behind him (or sometimes atop him). He does still include a large cannon as well as an axe hand for combat. Both his hands detach as well so he can be outfitted with regular ones for use in labour as well.

Custom Crystech Hand Grenades

Various other gadgets

Personality: Nora is a rambunctious, wild and crazy girl. Her personality in conversation is chipper and happy but also wholly chaotic and often nonsensical. She speaks fast and must act out every sentence with hand movements and gestures. She thinks out loud quite often and allows her mind to wander continuously. She is very affectionate and loving once someone officially joins the ranks of her friends. She is grabby and physical with her friends, often tackle-hugging and jumping on the backs of her friends when she sees them. However once on that list you are also liable to be pranked regularly. She allows those who truly get within her personal bubble to call her “Elle” but only those who she really trusts. If ever pushed to be serious Nora is ruthless and curt. When the going gets tough the antics stop and Nora strives to never have a day without antics.

History: Nora is the child of two incredibly talented mages from the land of Glimuth. Her parents were famed Crystech engineers and powerful mages themselves employed by one of the large Academies. They invented many wondrous things and were lauded by the people for their ingenuity and contributions to society.

However one day when Nora was ten years old while her parents were off at a convention they were attacked. Assassins from a rival country took the lives of many talented magismiths and sorcerers that day. However the bodies of the Brescon couple were never found among them. Still, presumed dead or at the very least missing, Nora became the sole proprietor of her family’s business.

Left alone with a very sizable fortune as well as a master’s workshop Nora simply played in the spot her parents spent the most time in. Within the workshop as she played she found a Tek that her parents had been building for her. It was incomplete and rough but Nora tinkered with it over years, slowly learning through trial and error as well as the notes her parents left behind. Eventually as she carved the last glyph in place she saw Max’s eyes light up for the first time and the two have been inseparable ever since. From the notes Nora knows that her mother left a message behind for her inside Max’s core but she’s yet to find a way to access it.

After years of self teaching in her parent’s workshop Nora decided she was bored with just being alone with Max. And so she signed up aboard the Venture looking for adventure and perhaps to further her skills and make some awesome things along the way.
💞💗💖O/Os 💖💗💞

Juggtacular

Name: Xevros Bellikan
Race: Half Dragon-Aeteron
Home Nation: Gyoxian Empire
Sexuality: Heterosexual  [Dominant]

Combat Style: Tae-Morai - A Taelesol martial art focused around powerful offense and defense at the same time by combining spells and the natural gifts of an Aeteron. Xev's primary fighting style revolves around utilizing his enhanced strength and speed as an Aeteron, while simultaneously using spells to directly attack his opponents and keep them off guard. He uses defensive spells and buffs on himself and the crew as needed. Sometimes he'll mix things up even more by using his pistols.

Synchronized Combat - Due to the psychic link between Xev and his Pandrylyr "Kee'nai", they tend to fight as a pair. In aerial combat Xev is the gunner while Kee'nai is the pilot, and when they're apart one usually acts as the distraction before the other takes the enemy out of the picture.

Gear

• Crystech Armor - As Half-Dragon Aeteron, Xevros has plenty of natural weapons(teeth, claws, talons, tail), so instead of using a sword, he dons armor. Chainmail over his chest, Gauntlets for his hands, Greaves for his legs, and a flexible sheath for his tail. This enhances the natural defenses of his scales, and also allows him to use his built-in weapons in lieu of things like swords.
    Bane & Mortis - Bane & Mortis are custom-made twin Crycaster pistols Xev keeps on his hip that he uses in emergencies. They are far larger than normal pistols and are more like hand cannons made for the more physically powerful Aeteron, with a recoil too strong for human use.

Companion: Kee'nai Bellikan is the Pandrylyr who bonded with Xevros. He is an extremely large specimen and one of the biggest Pandrylyr in recent memory as his partner is quite large himself and he needs to be able to carry him. He is covered in pitch-black fur, with gold markings on his muzzle and horns that resemble runic symbols.

On his back are a multitude of gold leopard-like spots. He has a long, very fluffy tail. Kee'nai is highly intelligent, even compared to the humanoid species. He often has nuggets of wisdom that Xev relays to the others. Despite his size, he is essentially a big puppy and is incredibly affectionate to everyone on the crew. To Xev however, he is more like a brother and the two are inseparable, and willing to die for the other without hesitation. To those he considers enemies to the crew or Xev, he will bare his fangs and attack at the slightest provocation.

Personality: Xev is surprisingly chipper for someone who has lived through the horrors of war like he has, but his training under the Tael Monks has helped him overcome many of his issues. Despite that, he still has nightmares and flashbacks, although he mostly keeps them under control. He has a morbid sense of humor that is a direct correlation to his experiences during the Gyoxian Civil War. While he doesn't jump to violence, he will utilize it if necessary and won't think twice about killing someone to help his crew or someone in harm's way. 

History: Xevros Bellikan was born in the Gyoxian Empire to a wealthy military family who had been loyal to the ruler of Gyoxia for centuries. His father had even worked his way up to Wing Commander and had several squadrons under his direct command. When the civil war began, Xev's father Dorae was a terror in the face of the rebellion, his strategic genius stopping them outright wherever they came to blows.

He was even rewarded by Velheim for his efforts. Meanwhile, Xev was seeing the atrocities firsthand and began to resent his father for his part in the war. He joined the rebellion himself six months into the war and became invaluable to them as he hid behind his father's position to gather intel. It wasn't until he was betrayed by a rebel who'd been promised immunity and a great deal of cash for turning him in that Dorae saw just how far his side would go to win this war. Velheim wanted to send a message, so he ordered Dorae to be the one to kill Xevros. He wanted to refuse, but Velheim threatened his entire family if he didn't kill his son.

That was the day Xevros met Kee'nai, and the Pandrylyr arriving from nowhere is what allowed Xev to unlock his latent Taelesol powers. He blasted his way to freedom and flew away on Kee'nai. Dorae couldn't stand what the Imperials had become, what he had become. His own son becoming a victim of the war finally snapped him out of it. He arranged for transport out of the country for his family, and then he betrayed Velheim, faking his own death and joining the Rebellion. Meanwhile, Xev, his mother, and his siblings were taken in by the Taelesol Monks, who provided them with sanctuary for the remainder of the war while also training Xev on how to use his abilities.

He knew nothing of his father's fate as news traveled slow and even slower in war time, but one day a small squadron of ships flying Gyoxia's colors arrived to the temple. At the head was his father now wearing an Admiral's stars on his shoulders. He informed Xev and the rest of their family that Velheim had been ousted as Emperor and was missing, presumed dead. Dorae had been promoted to Admiral as his knowledge, intel, and strategy had been key in the Rebellion overthrowing the Empire's forces. With Zanark the new Emperor, Dorae was a hero to the nation and his family was elevated to a position of honor within the Gyoxian Empire.

After that, the Bellikans returned to their home country, although Xev decided that after seeing beyond Gyoxia, he wanted to see all there was to see. Instead of returning home, he applied for a position on any ships that would have him. He was hired to the Venture, with his military training and Taelesol abilities granting him the position of Chief Security Officer, a position he has proven he deserves every day since joining.

MyttraDW

@Rainbae 
The only thing I'm seeing is some of the technical vocabulary, like soldering and wires where it would more likely be some sort of glyphwork. Or maybe not cause I'm not really versed in much of anything xD

Beyond that, which isn't really a big issue, she looks grand :)

@Juggtacular 
Looks good to me!

Krys

Name: Niamh "Just Niamh"
Race: Saedra
Home Nation: Eldrash
Sexuality: sapio/demi/bi
Combat Style: Stay out of it as much as possible, and help by healing

Cube: Cube is Niamhs first experiment with artifical intelligence. Well artifical she is, though her intelligence ... let's say she has trouble thinking outside the box. Which could be attributed to the rather limited space for such a complex crystech "brain" inside the palm sized ball that forms her body. Or to the linearity of crystal based spell patterns. Be it as it is, the small jewel-clank is trying her best, to help out Niamh in her experiments as well as keeping Nora's and Niamhs room in order. Blessed with a sparkling enthusiasm, she will eagerly run through the room, dropping misplaced items where they belong. Which is easy enough with Niamhs belongings. In the beginning Cube had a tendency to drop any of Noras stuff that "magically" managed to wander over the invisible line separating the two girls sides of the room into the trashcan or out of the door. Nowadays she just pushes it back, thus forming an increasingly more visible demarkation line of random things just inside Noras side.

Samoflange: in its most unobstrusive form, Samoflange is a line of tiny glyphs inscribed into Niamhs right forearm. From afar easily mistaken for a bone, the glyphs outline the shape of a wrench, Niamhs chosen soulbound "weapon" of choice. While materialized, the minor form of samoflange is a small multi-tool able to serve most minor tasks Niamh might undertake. For slightly more involved tasks, or to grant herself some privacy, Niamh can touch the picture on her skin or the materialized multitool, and is transported inside her "girl cave". A rather small cylinder resting on its side, it's a mere 6ft in diameter and 10ft in length. A third of it is used for a cozy bed with ample storage space hidden under it, while the other two thirds are dominated by a comfortable rotating chair in front of a horseshoe workbench and filled with a multitude of tools and materials for glyph scribing, magismithing and Niamhs other tinkering.

Personality: Niamh is more of a peoples pleaser. It was very difficult for her, to get to the point where she bolted. Usually she tries to adapt, and do what's necessary. But she has started to come into her own. And the first thing to flower, is her sharp tongue. Sometimes quicker than her mind reigning it in.

History: Personal view on Eldrash: What could be seen as a progressive utopia from the outside, where every bright young mind can leave her mark on the future, is a bit less bright if seen from the inside. While the eldrashian dream is still alive and kicking, the founding families have started to settle in, and developed traditions of their own. As a result of the independence, Eldrash is damned to succeed. Unable to benefit from long term license revenues of their research as Gilmuth, the Magichanical College has to always be on the forefront of research. Skyships, ‘Teks, and the brassum cores that power them are magitechnologies that came about after the splitting from Glimuth. Almost all modern advances within the realm of magitechnology have come from the College. To ensure continuous success, a system of rigorous scholarly testing and judgement of achievements was introduced. Young eldrashians are "encouraged" to choose a field of expertise fairly early in their life, and follow through with it for a life long career. Increasingly often this doesn't take any personal preferences into account, turning the feared yearly "week of testing hell" of the academic system into the gateway to a lifelong rat race. Especially the founding families with their extreme expectations for their offspring, tend to turn a wellspring of opportunities into a golden cage.

Niamh was born and raised in this golden cage. Blessed with a very bright mind, and exceptional weaving abilities, she was able to blossom in the rich environment of eldarash academia. Though with growing abilities came growing expectations. At first, those aligned well with her own interests. Fascinated by the possibilities of glyphic chains, she quickly advanced through classes, way ahead of her age. But over time, she encountered more and more resistance, when she tried to follow her other interests as well. While the construction of her tiny gem-clanks was accepted as a nice side project, things got more stuffy when it came to her musical and artistic side. More and more she felt prisoner of her own achievements.
This all came to a head, when she managed to breeze through the gaokao, coming in as the best graduate of the year. Not even allowed to take a short breather from the arduous exams, her families matriarch insisted on evaluating her further study opportunities as well as marriage proposals on their merits for the family. Already furious about this complete disregard for her personal development and future, the creator of the world found it prudent to throw another wrench into her life. Still brimming with confusion from the received vision, Niamh collected her few important belongings the very next morning, and left. Heading for the skyship port, she snuck aboard a small ship about to leave port. Originally planing to leave at the next port of call, it just so happens that the ship was experiencing severe problems with its controls during this voyage. Thus while the young stowaway was caught due to the heavily swerving ship, she could quickly prove her worth by solving said problem.
Thus when questions about the sighting of Niamh reached the captain a few day into their arrival at the next port, he claimed to have thrown her overboard right at arrival. Ever since then, Niamh has become a valuable member of the ships crew.
Disclaimer (WIP):
English isn't my native language. I'm deeply rooted in a culture with significantly different (much more direct) communcation strategies than typical for the extremely polite british or canadian cultures, or the "optimistic" approach often used in the USA. Additionally, I'm not neurotypical in several ways, warping my perception and communication to an even further degree.

But: my english is JUST good enough to lull many readers into a false sense of security. Think of it as the communicative equivalent to "false friends words" which, while extremely similar in outward appearance in two languages, mean something slightly but importantly different. Like "I want to become a steak" makes perfect sense to a german... that still would prefer not to be butchered.

So please, if you perceive my words as rude, my intentions as unemotional or just weird: ask me. I'm not always successful in my attempts to correctly guess the fluff and embellishments needed for successful communication. Not in my native german tongue, much less so in english. Please do not interpret them as bad intent, but feel free to ask for clarifications. I'll try my best to solve such misunderstandings, and learn to prevent them.

Gardsorm

Nothing worth writing about here at the moment. Leaving it in a spoiler box until I consider it finished.

Think he's done now...

Name: Sirius Velkhar
Home Nation: Tereil Republic
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Combat Style: Sirius is a bit of a paradox to himself, being someone who loves to face problems head-on with the maximum level of violence, but also be tricksome enough to use every trick possible to win. He has no defined fighting style beyond what he thinks to do at any given moment, and in a way the sense of unpredictability is what gives him an edge in singular combat. His physical prowess is rather good, giving him a healthy mix of fleet feet and fair power to overcome the average challenge, but he certainly won't be overwhelming those who have invested in either side heavily... At least, not fairly. Combined with his creative uses of aether, he makes for a surprisingly capable target.

If there's one thing that Sirius prides himself in being able to do personally, however, it's raiding in ship-to-ship engagements. To leap from one ship and guide himself to the next in surprising and rather logic-defying ways, he seeks to catch his foes off-guard and relieve them of either their possessions or their lives, whichever suits him at the time and is in the best interests of the crew. Usually these feats are performed in tandem with allies who hold the greater degree of attention so he can do the dirtiest deeds in private.

Gear:

Hullbreakers - A pair of axes inherited from the 'Old Man' he considers his parental figure. Usually worn on his hips, the weapons are fairly weighted amd deliver solid damage. Due to their style of make, they make ideal throwing weapons, and combined with Sirius' fighting style, can be easily retrieved. Because they're not as unique as his clawed gauntlets, they are his most commonly used weapon for their reliability and fewer drawbacks.

Auftauchen and Untertauchen - Sirius' pride and joys, paired clawed gauntlets forged from a unison of a dangerous monster and forgemaster ingenuity. The weapons are Soulbound, often hidden until Sirius needs them most, and they open a more feral yet pugilistic fighting style for him. Their make allows him to invoke aether from their inbuilt brassum cores efficiently, allowing for unique offensive and defensive executions... Unfortunately, due to the monster material within, they often like to feed on Sirius' life force if he relies on them too much.

Personality: While a seemingly good-natured and gleeful sort, one would be forgiven for thinking he was often happy. The truth of the matter is that his pursuits for delights are simply shallow attempts at bringing a little light to an otherwise dull and troubling childhood. Spending the majority of his life as an orphaned street rat on the streets throughout Tereil, he didn't grow up with any sense of respect for rules and social norms, and instead indulged in life's great commodity of freedom. No one determined how he lived or dealt with problems but him, and to this day he still lives by such tenets. He can be a bit of a loose cannon and a daredevil, but he has a sense of pragmatism honed by a rough life that helps to remind him he only has one life.

When it comes to combat, his pragmatism comes in full effect. He can, and will, use every trick under the sun and among the stars to survive any given encounter. Cheap shots, low blows, uses of the environment, ambushes, turning enemies upon their allies... If it gives him the advantage, he'll exploit it, because honor and fairness do not exist in his vocabulary. Despite this, he knows better than to bite the hands that aid him, and so those who show they're trustworthy will earn what respect he can offer. It should be noted he'll happily tease and poke fun at allies not out of a sense of being mean, but because that's how he connects with people. Those that can poke fun back or roll with the punches will often get along best with him.

History: The life of Sirius began where most would find it end: In the streets. From youth, no one knew where he came from, just that the old man who found his basket found it in himself to not simply leave him there to starve. Himself a man who lived in poverty in the streets of Tereil, he performed odd jobs here and there to make ends meet, occasionally living off of favors owed by others to carry on in life due to being unable to properly serve the military or its guard forces. For his life choices, the man felt like he wasn't due any kind of kindness and that he was fated to die alone, yet the arrival of Sirius felt almost like a gift that would help him find peace at the end.

In growing up, the boy understood he was named Sirius by the old man. Preferring to keep his identity s secret, he was happy with simply being called 'Old Man' by Sirius, but he understood the boy spoke those words with respect. With nothing but him and those who lived on the streets to teach him, the orange-haired male grew up learning all of his lessons from his environment and those who dwelled in it. In a way, he never knew a proper life or childhood, but based on how he behaved growing up throughout it, this never seemed to bother him. Though he grew up streetwise, he never received a proper education, an aspect that would likely hold him back for the remainder of his life.

Many of the things he learned were of more of a criminal and combative nature, listening closely to his 'father's' stories from youth and how he would raid and pillage skyships with his friends or companions. These daring stories were truly a big part of what shaped his life and gave him new direction for his future, and as he grew older, he would apply what he learned to his service to Tereil's military and guard forces.

Armed with gear both his own and borrowed from his Old Man, Sirius made a small name for himself answering conflicts in unorthodox ways and with often uncharacteristic brutality. Though he was paid for his services, his tenure didn't last long when his methods to solve problems didn't sit well with many of his co-workers, and so Sirius was left without his only source of reliable employment.

Instead, the Old Man suggested he seek out a Skyship crew to work for, as they often operated with a greater degree of freedom than the stuffy groundbound military forces of the nations. With this being the only real direction for him with any hope of letting him use his skills for monetary value without explicitly engaging in criminal activity, he sought to find a skyship crew to work under, with his first choice being a ship called the Venture... Unaware of just how oddball the crew really was.

Extra:
- He is among one of the most recent passengers aboard the Venture, so much of the crew is still unknown to him.

Kissa

Name: Mistress Celestia Calanthe
Race: Aeteron
Home Nation: Kingdom of Aloran
Sexuality: Hetero
Combat Style: Celestia isn’t exactly a fighter per se. She has no melee or unarmed fighting training and despite knowing how to fire her pistol, the Mistress isn’t a great marksman. Celes relies a lot on getting out of trouble by talking or if a situation escalates from words to action, she hopes to have an ally or allies who will handle the situation.

In a dire situation Celes will use her magic to defend herself and those who she cares about. Her magic is meant for good, but it can be used for bad too and she can play dirty if necessary. Making one’s clothes fall off suddenly, suffering an unexpected orgasm for no apparent reason or making the target succumb into desperation believing no one loves them and they are no good are good ways of defeating the enemy, if not at least distracting them.

DISCLAIMER: Player characters can be fully immune to everything that can be considered as manipulation or affect a character’s independence for whatever reason or for no reason at all.

Gear: - Bell necklace (symbol of Halea)
Pistol - A small crystech pistol.
Hair pin - Celes has a small variety of beautiful sharpened hair pins.

History: Celestia is a daughter of signora (equal to high priestess) of Halea. Her father is unknown, but taking in mind her mother’s taste in men he is probably a wealthy nobleman. Celes had a good childhood, despite missing her father figure. She was raised in a religious environment and it was natural for her to become a priestess of Halea, just like her mother. When it was found out she could cast spells by using her inner aether it was considered as a blessing of Halea, goddess of fortune and pleasure. So the young half-aeteron was taught to make the most of her aether abilities in ways that would honor the goddess.

The religion of Halea is relatively new. It has existed only for some decades and is still trying to establish its place as a serious religion. Celes began feeling like living in her home city and being surrounded by the same people was ways suffocating… She wanted to see the world! The solution to this problem was making her a missionary of Halea and so as Mistress (title) of Halea, Celes ventured in the wide world to see what exciting new things it had to offer to her and spread the joyful message of Halea to everyone who was willing to receive it.

Revelation

Name: August, previously of house Verneir
Home Nation: Aloran
Sexuality: Hetero
Combat Style: August is first and foremost a melee fighter. While adept in being able to use most melee weapons with proficiency, August has a particular fondness for his familial blade. Said blade has a Crystech core, said core allowing the weapon to attune to various elemental properties such as being swathed in flames or arcing with electricity. Being a prior Aloran knight on the path to becoming a Dragoon, August’s fighting style may seem mundane but years of training have made him far stronger and more agile than he looks, and despite being a more defensive seeming fighter, one would be foolish to dismiss him as anything but a threat on the battlefield given his knightly training and being able to switch between technical finesse and brutal strikes.

Furthermore, while most may think of Aloran knights as primarily melee focused combatants, August has taken to training with a crystech pistol. The weapon is heavier than most firearms of its shape, and the firearm itself can prove to be remarkably deadly when the situation calls for it. One may think a quick gutshot as uncouth, but August is no longer a knight, and is not averse to fighting dirty if necessary. However in the classical sense of roles, his is easy to identify. Tank.

Gear:

Oathkeeper: An ironic name, given the situation. Oathkeeper is an heirloom of the Verneir family, and despite (Or perhaps in spite) of August’s exile, he has kept the blade, It is an exquisitely crafted and forged sword that has been further enhanced with Crystech. Large enough to be two handed blade to most, August is able to deftly wield it with one hand when necessary, which allows him versatility in how to properly fight with the sword. The crystech core within is elementally attuned to three elements: Fire, Lightning, and Ice. Of course, no element need be active at all times.

Heavy Crystech pistol: Nothing too fancy about it. Just a pistol that’s larger than the competition, hits harder, and has a bit of kickback to it. Reliable.

Patchwork armor: As an ex-Aloran knight, August is fairly adept at fighting in, and moving in, armor. However, given he was not able to take his knightly raiment with him when forced to leave, the armor he does have is made up of spare armor pieces he’s been able to afford and or find. Despite that fact, the armor itself is relatively well made and offers protection from weapons of all sorts.

Personality: While August may initially come across as brusque to most people, the man can readily soften up to people he takes a liking to, and can relax rather readily in the presence of others. He doesn’t like talking about his past too much, seeking to rather live in the moment or look ahead to the future. Tries to keep a calm mind, though will not hesitate to act if he believes that said actions are justified in the moment. One could easily say his greatest strengths are loyalty to others and a knightly virtue, yet at the same time his flaws could be described as stubborn and belligerent, especially when it comes to upholding the perceived honor of those close to him. Besmirch him all one likes, but he will not tolerate the same to his friends. Will also fight for those who cannot.

Really likes to cook.

History: The scion of a proud noble Aloran family, he had received many a thing that others would kill for. Education, combat training, etiquette training, and other noble pursuits came relatively easy to him. It was no surprise that he elected to join a knightly order, and despite his youth he had made exceptional progress in said order, with rumors that he could have eventually become a Dragoon knight.

However, something happened during his tenure in the knights which let him both stripped of his knightly title, and noble name. Feeling he made the right choice, he left Aloran with the family blade (Which his family is not happy about), and took up the life of a sellsword, and wandering cook.

MyttraDW

@Kissa @Revelation

Both look good to me!

Bomb

Hello!  I'm interested in joining the group.  Will you be my first E group RP?  We'll see!

I'll look over the materials and roll up a character but I'd like the chance to ask you a couple of questions.  I'll PM you.